Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration Policy and Property

Default Immigration Policy and Property

Just wondering what will happen to property bought for investment?

Just some of the recent Changes I have seen in Immigration Policy.

- Someone who is here for more than 7 years and > 15-18K combined family salary been rejected PR.
    - A big banks' IT positions are not allowed to bring foreigners. Was applied EP, was at > 8K salary.

Till nowI have observed it for people from specific country. Not sure if its happening for all nationality.

Doesn't look like coming days will be good for property especially given incoming supply.

Some Idea whats going on @ MOM and ICA? Will they be opening the floodgates again in next few years?
    Or will it be slow and steady abyss for rental properties?

That too in face of one of the British bank moving almost all of their IT operations to India . Whats the Govt intention?

As long as there is influx, there will be a demand for property.
    If not PR, can still buy condo although subjected to the ABSD.
    If they don't buy, then they rent which is good for those who bought for investment.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    As long as there is influx, there will be a demand for property.
    If not PR, can still buy condo although subjected to the ABSD.
    If they don't buy, then they rent which is good for those who bought for investment.
    You missed the point.
    - Banks moving junior IT positions. i.e. No OCR rental support.
    - No EP for junior positions . I guess <8-9K will be new Minimum.. i.e. no OCR support again.

With already so much OCR property coming online. How the rental will be supported.
    What influx you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    You missed the point.
    - Banks moving junior IT positions. i.e. No OCR rental support.
    - No EP for junior positions . I guess <8-9K will be new Minimum.. i.e. no OCR support again.FT

With already so much OCR property coming online. How the rental will be supported.
    What influx you talking about?
    I dunno.... but I tot still got FT coming in?

My opinion. Policy is in a current state of flux due to the rude awakening last GE. The knee jerk reaction was to immediately address the core complaints of foreigners stealing our jobs and making property price out of our reach... So there. Consequences? Wait until after landslide win in next GE then talk la. Our minister salary already drastically reduced...

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

PR rejected or not rejected by ICA, i think those backend IT jobs will still be moved to india...

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I dunno.... but I tot still got FT coming in?
    Can we somewhere get the latest data on the population figured?
    I would be surprised to see any rise in PR/FT. I would expect a decline in next Quarter due to no. of companies moving job overseas.

One of the Bank is already giving option- go India or get a pink slip

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    PR rejected or not rejected by ICA, i think those backend IT jobs will still be moved to india...
    and the joke of the year is after it is move to india , it is outsource to malaysia
    phillipines and singapore because of working attitude time differenced cost n for the lack of a better word quality.

some banks has begin to insource n contractors are within the bank hired payroll.

they gotton wise when they found out the problem n time cause by outsouring is more then the 15 ~ 20% saves.

a case of been dumb founded by smart talkers who are highly confident when selling solutions

At the end of the day, the influx of foreign workers will be maintained and the quality will be upped. Another concern the the foreign workers are gradually given less attractive packages, including housing.

My colleague is a PR and just got rejected in his application to be a citizen, he and his family. Then his friend also got rejected in her application to be a PR. I guess it is true that the govt just wants to prove a point, i.e. they are listening to the citizen's complaints.

Go changi city point koufu foodcourt on a weekday lunch hours n check it out
    Ride at your own risk !!!

will see tons of foreigners pack & go in next 1-2 yrs....50% of them should be gone....
    so you will see suddenly they stop paying rental....you can have their deposit, they probably already empty & cash out all your furniture & electrical....& the unit in a big mess....burn a big hole to renovate again yet can't rent & sell after that....then they just pack & head towards changi airport....

spore will be a much better place without all these xxxxxx......most original sporean will not fight for spore anymore unlike 10-20 yrs ago, no more stand up for spore as spore don't stand up for them...only for a small little group....

no more respect to the govt & ministers, because is not respectable....
    with skill, do & plan for yourself & your family.....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Go changi city point koufu foodcourt on a weekday lunch hours n check it out
    don't scare me...

what do you see there?

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    don't scare me...

what do you see there?
    Changi city point leh. Not changi point. Why scared?

Quote Originally Posted by basic
    will see tons of foreigners pack & go in next 1-2 yrs....50% of them should be gone....
    so you will see suddenly they stop paying rental....you can have their deposit, they probably already empty & cash out all your furniture & electrical....& the unit in a big mess....burn a big hole to renovate again yet can't rent & sell after that....then they just pack & head towards changi airport....

spore will be a much better place without all these xxxxxx......most original sporean will not fight for spore anymore unlike 10-20 yrs ago, no more stand up for spore as spore don't stand up for them...only for a small little group....

Another stupid rant....... common u can do better bullshit than this .

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Another stupid rant....... common u can do better bullshit than this .

a real moron.....

Pinoys and Indians everywhere, next is Burmese

Friend, we are in the global world now and not like 20 years ago. Even our national football and swimming teams have foreigners. We will lose if we remain stubborn to keep foreigners out. We are competing in a different league these days unless we want low GDP.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Friend, we are in the global world now and not like 20 years ago. Even our national football and swimming teams have foreigners. We will lose if we remain stubborn to keep foreigners out. We are competing in a different league these days unless we want low GDP.
    Ur script sound like MIW....
    Any difference to our pay is GDP increased or decreased 10 fold? Nah, only benefit/affect some minority.

Cheers!

Singapore is already in the super league as we are no longer a third world and even losing the benefit of a developing nation. There is limited choice going forward. These FTs or even labours also come here to spend money to boost our economy besides working here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ezonme
    Ur script sound like MIW....
    Any difference to our pay is GDP increased or decreased 10 fold? Nah, only benefit/affect some minority.

Cheers!

50% left and still got 500% on the Q. Now dopting play hard to get strategy.

You look at those big engineering consultantcy firm, maybe 80% are all foreigners, they have the qualifications, big ones and willing to be paid lesser. They are staying here for good.

No way they can get the same living standard and income in their home country.

Singapore is already in the super league as we are no longer a third world and even losing the benefit of a developing nation. There is limited choice going forward. These FTs or even labours also come here to spend money to boost our economy besides working here.
    U still havnt answer what are the tangible benefits for commoners in high GDP? High GDP is just a number to justify the high pay of the decision makers. The real income for the majority declines in most cases of high GDP growth.

The truth is Singapore is pro-business, at the expense of the lowest strata of the society

The garmen keeps refusing to set minimum wages ... import of cheap labor from SEA countries simply depress the wages of cleaners, restaurant service staff, factory workers etc

It is very good to grow your net worth in Singapore if you are already rich or belong to the upper middle class with family income exceeding 12k per month

It is a nightmare to be a fragile old man without financial support from anybody

Only politics can change all these, high COE / property prices may eventually upset the middle class enough to throw PAP out of the window if they are not careful to re-balance their inclination in favoring the rich

Singapore society can never be gracious ... if you know what I mean

The truth is Singapore is pro-business, at the expense of the lowest strata of the society

The garmen keeps refusing to set minimum wages ... import of cheap labor from SEA countries simply depress the wages of cleaners, restaurant service staff, factory workers etc

It is very good to grow your net worth in Singapore if you are already rich or belong to the upper middle class with family income exceeding 12k per month

It is a nightmare to be a fragile old man without financial support from anybody

Not that I pro-PAP. The problem is our neighbouring countries cost of living is lower and currencies are weaker than Singapore. Companies will also find it very expensive to start or expand in Singapore. Iskandar is a threat to Singapore and will take off if min wage is implemented. The better strategy is to have assistance schemes to help lowest income group.

would people WILLINGLY pay more for their daily cup of kopi-o, knowing that it is for a good cause?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Not that I pro-PAP. The problem is our neighbouring countries cost of living is lower and currencies are weaker than Singapore. Companies will also find it very expensive to start or expand in Singapore. Iskandar is a threat to Singapore and will take off if min wage is implemented. The better strategy is to have assistance schemes to help lowest income group.
    a old singaporean lecturer going over to iskandar to teach.

hearsay from him, a few uni are setting up there..

Unfortunately, it is not meant for the commoners. Just my frank opinion. They could help them by giving vouchers and hope that they can after themselves by having their scheme in place. like annuity, buy-back housing scheme, etc. It much better than other developed countries. It is a fact of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by ezonme
    U still havnt answer what are the tangible benefits for commoners in high GDP? High GDP is just a number to justify the high pay of the decision makers. The real income for the majority declines in most cases of high GDP growth.

Garment is trying to redistribute the wealth with all these taxation schemes. Sandwiched class is the worst of them all.

Only politics can change all these, high COE / property prices may eventually upset the middle class enough to throw PAP out of the window if they are not careful to re-balance their inclination in favoring the rich

Can start buying properties across. The day will come where older Singaporean will be staying there with so high cost of living in Singapore.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    a old singaporean lecturer going over to iskandar to teach.

hearsay from him, a few uni are setting up there..

Can start buying properties across. The day will come where older Singaporean will be staying there with so high cost of living in Singapore.
    They alrewdy start to raise ane double the price liao for foreignere.!!!