Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: 70% of sky habitat snapped up in a day!

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    I think traditionally these CCR areas are the domain of investors. How many locals actually live here? The proportion is definitely much lower than non CCR areas. Now that the CCR has lost some of its shine (I'm not even going to speculate on the reasons) and foreign buyers are holding back, it is natural you see CCR properties in the market longer. Those buying for own stay may not be accustomed to living in "investor territory"...goes back to my earlier premise that people tend to look for familiar surroundings when they relocate, and for locals, the bulk of them are non CCR.
    ahh... this one make sense... ok, i concede defeat....
    i guess when all the family and uncles and aunties (三姑六婆,亲朋戚友) all stay nearby, surely got peer pressure to stay nearby...

i just hope the Bishan-ers know that they're paying more than in CCR and still even when they know and not after they come here to read our posts... hahahha....

agree with you on this. didn't see any locals at oleanas at all.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    I think traditionally these CCR areas are the domain of investors. How many locals actually live here? The proportion is definitely much lower than non CCR areas. Now that the CCR has lost some of its shine (I'm not even going to speculate on the reasons) and foreign buyers are holding back, it is natural you see CCR properties in the market longer. Those buying for own stay may not be accustomed to living in "investor territory"...goes back to my earlier premise that people tend to look for familiar surroundings when they relocate, and for locals, the bulk of them are non CCR.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Good! Nobody will not compete with me.
    Bear Bear ...

No one compete also means next time fewer buyers leh.
    If u buy something like Oleanas, hold 4 years, unless en bloc. based on my above, not many people will want to stay there.

Cheap doesnt mean good sometimes.

We can further discuss in private.

DKSG

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Oleanas used to be called Kim yam height is cheap for many reasons. Cheap is cheap for reasons unless otherwise proven - my motto.

CCR sure have competition n it is the location that matters. Remember my fake CCR theory. Not all CCR commands good price.

Say orchard dropped to $1700psf same price as SH, people snatch or not?

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Bear Bear ...

No one compete also means next time fewer buyers leh.
    If u buy something like Oleanas, hold 4 years, unless en bloc. based on my above, not many people will want to stay there.

Cheap doesnt mean good sometimes.

We can further discuss in private.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by babyworm
    70% of 180 units launched is different from 70% of Sky Habitat project...
    Totally agreed..!!

Nowadays, all the action is in OCR/RCR. CCR feeling very left out of all the action. And I stick to my new paradigm theory, gap is narrowing between OCR/RCR and CCR. Look at the quantum that SH is selling, yet still got so many people jump in during the first weekend. Like what you guys said, if can afford to buy SH, means can afford to buy CCR actually already, yet they still chose SH.

People really like being near MRT these days. Newton and Novena CCR falling behind!

I have been thinking about this Sky Habi vs Oleanas trade offs for quite a while. Havent got a concrete theory to propose but my findings so far from discusison with various parties are as per below :

1) "I Like" - this is not the Facebook "Like" button but similar. I find that nowadays, people attach a lot more value to like. If they like and can afford, they buy. Comparing values based on tradtitional location, FH vs LH, etc. are all "Old School" already. If there is designer condo in Bishan selling for the same price as FH, old, tattered condo in River Valley, people choose the swanky one in Bishan. If you dont understand this theory, then maybe you have not come to terms more modern thinking. Like is more important than traditional value. I Like means I Value.

2) Location Premium - The premium people used as yardstick has changed. Maybe due to better MRT system, bus system, or people are driving now. Last time, maybe a Bishan condo is at 20% discount to Novena and 60% discount to River Valley, but now this numbers have changed, people attached less stigma to travelling a few MRT stops away. Hence it is no long 20% to Novena, maybe just 10%.

3) New vs Old premium - People now may attach more premium to new condos. As population gets affluent, people all want to stay in new condo. Wait a few years nvm, but must be NEW! Those who buy and stay in older condos because its cheaper, in the new era's view --> its CHEAP! In newer era, the only reason why people wanna stay in older condos will be probably due to reasons 1) and 2) above..

Thats all I have for the time being, once the other thoughts are arranged, I will share with you all!

DKSG
    Straddling between the new and older eras.
    PS : I mentioned era not ERA hor!
    Certainly a good analysis of the changing demographics of buyers

Hey, since when Newton and Novena falling behind this SH? Newton & Newton are still commanding a better price than SH now.

Based on your thought - People really like being near MRT these days. There are two MRTs for Novena and Newton each. How can condo near these two MRT falling behind SH?

But on second thought, may be Bishan good fengshui because last time is cementary? Oh but wait, isn't cementary only good for dead people and not livng people?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldenfirefly
    Nowadays, all the action is in OCR/RCR. CCR feeling very left out of all the action. And I stick to my new paradigm theory, gap is narrowing between OCR/RCR and CCR. Look at the quantum that SH is selling, yet still got so many people jump in during the first weekend. Like what you guys said, if can afford to buy SH, means can afford to buy CCR actually already, yet they still chose SH.

People really like being near MRT these days. Newton and Novena CCR falling behind!
    Last edited by teddybear; 16-04-12 at 19:40.

how about these?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi.../for-sale-viva

asking 17xxpsf

even 2 and 3 bedder also asking 17xxpsf

Hey, since when Newton and Novena falling behind this SH? Newton & Newton are still commanding a better price than SH now.

Based on your thought - People really like being near MRT these days. There are two MRTs for Novena and Newton each. How can condo near these two MRT falling behind SH?

But on second thought, may be Bishan good fengshui because last time is cementary? Oh but wait, isn't cementary only good for dead people and not livng people?

- LOL SH makes these CCR properties look cheappp!! I like viva for its artas egg shape bathtubby

Oh no, think Viva not sitting on cemetary, no wonder no power?!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

soleil too it seems?

16xxpsf 2 bedder

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...soleil-sinaran

and 16xxpsf for 4 bedder

and 3 bedder (can see MBS from one of the rooms)

i'm mistaken, can see from living room too.

complete with FULLY furnished, 3.8% rental yield, lower quantum than SH also pple prefer SH?

Agreed.... I am the post-80s and many of my peers dun even understand CCR/OCR/RCR and get blur blur when i mention D9, D10, D11....

I have been thinking about this Sky Habi vs Oleanas trade offs for quite a while. Havent got a concrete theory to propose but my findings so far from discusison with various parties are as per below :

1) "I Like" - this is not the Facebook "Like" button but similar. I find that nowadays, people attach a lot more value to like. If they like and can afford, they buy. Comparing values based on tradtitional location, FH vs LH, etc. are all "Old School" already. If there is designer condo in Bishan selling for the same price as FH, old, tattered condo in River Valley, people choose the swanky one in Bishan. If you dont understand this theory, then maybe you have not come to terms more modern thinking. Like is more important than traditional value. I Like means I Value.

2) Location Premium - The premium people used as yardstick has changed. Maybe due to better MRT system, bus system, or people are driving now. Last time, maybe a Bishan condo is at 20% discount to Novena and 60% discount to River Valley, but now this numbers have changed, people attached less stigma to travelling a few MRT stops away. Hence it is no long 20% to Novena, maybe just 10%.

3) New vs Old premium - People now may attach more premium to new condos. As population gets affluent, people all want to stay in new condo. Wait a few years nvm, but must be NEW! Those who buy and stay in older condos because its cheaper, in the new era's view --> its CHEAP! In newer era, the only reason why people wanna stay in older condos will be probably due to reasons 1) and 2) above..

Thats all I have for the time being, once the other thoughts are arranged, I will share with you all!

DKSG
    Straddling between the new and older eras.
    PS : I mentioned era not ERA hor!

No more interest in novena newton?
    Price Gap narrowing between a condo in novena and bishan or even bedok
    Facts in ura undeniable.

Novena or newton how many resale units done past 2-3 mths?

I already explained why - Repeat here again lah:

1. Soleil cannot buy with 20% downpayment and 20% deferred payment for 3 years even if LTV is 60%!

2. Have to take possession immediately whereas SH can wait for 4 years and by the time SSD penalty over! Buyers are not interested in rental yields, only interested in delaying taking possession & flip!

Taking into above 2 considerations, make more sense to buy SH....

Don't even need to compare far, why those buyers die die must buy SH at >$1700 psf and not their nearby condos at <$1200 psf?

They too rich? If they so rich won't be buying Bishan super lousy finishing project liao! Can buy Marc@Paterson or Orchard Residences for them to show off and lagi more FACE to show people!

i'm mistaken, can see from living room too.

complete with FULLY furnished, 3.8% rental yield, lower quantum than SH also pple prefer SH?

by saying this, u r inferring that the new policy actually re-introduced deferred payment.

I already explained why - Repeat here again lah:

1. Soleil cannot buy with 20% downpayment and 20% deferred payment for 3 years even if LTV is 60%!

2. Have to take possession immediately whereas SH can wait for 4 years and by the time SSD penalty over! Buyers are not interested in rental yields, only interested in delaying taking possession & flip!

Taking into above 2 considerations, make more sense to buy SH....

A form of deferred payment incentive for buying new launch while resale got no such deal with their 60% LTV rules... Coffeeshop talk says can understand why....

by saying this, u r inferring that the new policy actually re-introduced deferred payment.

Very simple reason for Central Core Region falling behind... Singapore is in the midst of de-Centralising.

I think de-centralising seems to be the theme these days? They better watch out because soon I think the people will also grasp the concept to de-Centralise the govt (as in make sure no single party controls more than 40% of the parliament)? By then siao liao! This is their own self un-doing?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Very simple reason for Central Core Region falling behind... Singapore is in the midst of de-Centralising.

These ads are very fishy. Most 4bds are asking 1800 quantum 3.5m above , most 2 3 bd asking 19## and 2000 psf. Viva launch price in 2009 was 16-17##, asking price now can't be that low.

I think de-centralising seems to be the theme these days? They better watch out because soon I think the people will also grasp the concept to de-Centralise the govt (as in make sure no single party controls more than 40% of the parliament)? By then siao liao! This is their own self un-doing?
    The government is de-centralising the offices to reduce rental pressure on themselves and on other companies that need to be located at city center.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    These ads are very fishy. Most 4bds are asking 1800 quantum 3.5m above , most 2 3 bd asking 19## and 2000 psf. Viva launch price in 2009 was 16-17##, asking price now can't be that low.
    Indeed the savings could be used to buy a fish.

They are going to sell those lands of MOE, MOM, NND, Mediacorp, etc. Watch out for the old Police Academy camp near toa payoh.
    The government is de-centralising the offices to reduce rental pressure on themselves and on other companies that need to be located at city center.

No doubt OCR prices and CCR prices have narrowed.
    However, may be a little misleading to compare the lower end of price range in Viva with higher range in SH.

There are possible reasons why these units in Viva are asking for 17XXpfs.
    The 2 + 1 bedder 1044 in Viva is facing PI and blocked by PI. The refuse center looks like is next to this stack.
    The low floor units in the 4 bedder may be blocked by the club house.
    The 3 bedder 1345 low floor units facing the road, also face the CTE directly and the other 1345 stack which is tucked inside is completely blocked by the 4 bedder stacks, with aircon ledges of neighbours just next to the balcony.
    Walk around the condo, you will see these are fairly obvious.

However, agree that prices in SH have reached CCR range.

Default See yourself for the actual transactions

SOLEIL @ SINARAN SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,820,000 1,475 Strata 1,912 Apr-12
    SOLEIL @ SINARAN SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 1,980,000 1,098 Strata 1,803 Mar-12
    SOLEIL @ SINARAN SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 1,899,540 1,098 Strata 1,730 Feb-12
    SOLEIL @ SINARAN SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,750,000 1,722 Strata 1,597 Jan-12
    SOLEIL @ SINARAN SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,728,750 1,475 Strata 1,850 Dec-11
    SOLEIL @ SINARAN SINARAN DRIVE Condominium 1 2,800,000 1,475 Strata 1,899 Dec-11

VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,800,000 958 Strata 1,879 Apr-12
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,380,000 1,346 Strata 1,769 Mar-12
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,250,000 1,324 Strata 1,699 Mar-12
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,939,475 1,528 Strata 1,923 Feb-12
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,912,640 1,518 Strata 1,919 Dec-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,150,000 1,346 Strata 1,598 Dec-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,800,000 958 Strata 1,879 Dec-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,670,000 958 Strata 1,743 Nov-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,827,000 1,044 Strata 1,750 Nov-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,461,350 1,346 Strata 1,829 Nov-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,555,500 1,346 Strata 1,899 Oct-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 3,068,224 1,528 Strata 2,007 Oct-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 3,880,000 1,959 Strata 1,981 Oct-11

policies seem skewed to prefer new launch & developers as well....

Quote Originally Posted by limfc
    Seriously, I do not understand how our Bishan friends think like that...

why are they willing to pay for almost 1.93mil (assuming S$1,642 psf X 1180 sqft), 99 yrs condo in Bishan, when this one in prime area, within 1 km of somerset mrt is only asking 1.7mil....
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...nas-residences

either this Bishan development is seriously over-priced or the one near somerset is seriously under-priced....

Or maybe the problem is with me, that I did not realized 99LH is better than freehold and Somerset will soon lose it's shine and Bishan is the new "to-be" place?
    It's not u, prob is this development is not in bishan.

If that makes u feel good, u can continue to believe so.

The hard truth is, most of sky habitat units sold are < 2m, no where near a decent unit px in CCR. Its 4bd psf is only 15##, best facing some more, in my opinion best buy, but very very few takers. Why ? 2.7m.

The real reason for ccr is the ABSD and LTV rules.

Before u start comparing, remember, Bishan is the most prime of suburban areas, that has the highest HDB prices, it's like the Marq equivalent of mass market project. and yet this 2m is the highest a suburban 3bd unit can go. That says a lot about the real picture: nothing has really changed.

I heard many youngsters these days learn very fast! They say: "de-centralising" is the most efficient and best way to avoid concentration of power. They say better a "de-centralized" govt then to let them set their own pay any o-how?!
    Also, coffeeshop talks many say need to audit housing as policies seem skewed to prefer new launch & developers as well....
    Reason is government is growing too big and difficult to manage. There is always a small % loss that has to be written off. I believe this applies to your personal expenditure as well in the sense you cannot account for every single cent you spend. Hence overall the government still managing quite well.