Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast

Thread: 70% of sky habitat snapped up in a day!

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    If that makes u feel good, u can continue to believe so.

The hard truth is, most of sky habitat units sold are < 2m, no where near a decent unit px in CCR. Its 4bd psf is only 15##, best facing some more, in my opinion best buy, but very very few takers. Why ? 2.7m.

The real reason for ccr is the ABSD and LTV rules.

Before u start comparing, remember, Bishan is the most prime of suburban areas, that has the highest HDB prices, it's like the Marq equivalent of mass market project. and yet this 2m is the highest a suburban 3bd unit can go. That says a lot about the real picture: nothing has really changed.
    You missed the point. The positive growth is in OCR and RCR. Rem Jurong East land beside the MRT was already triggered by a developer. The launch psf will be comparable to Bishan's SH and probably exceed it.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I have been thinking about this Sky Habi vs Oleanas trade offs for quite a while. Havent got a concrete theory to propose but my findings so far from discusison with various parties are as per below :

1) "I Like" - this is not the Facebook "Like" button but similar. I find that nowadays, people attach a lot more value to like. If they like and can afford, they buy. Comparing values based on tradtitional location, FH vs LH, etc. are all "Old School" already. If there is designer condo in Bishan selling for the same price as FH, old, tattered condo in River Valley, people choose the swanky one in Bishan. If you dont understand this theory, then maybe you have not come to terms more modern thinking. Like is more important than traditional value. I Like means I Value.

2) Location Premium - The premium people used as yardstick has changed. Maybe due to better MRT system, bus system, or people are driving now. Last time, maybe a Bishan condo is at 20% discount to Novena and 60% discount to River Valley, but now this numbers have changed, people attached less stigma to travelling a few MRT stops away. Hence it is no long 20% to Novena, maybe just 10%.

3) New vs Old premium - People now may attach more premium to new condos. As population gets affluent, people all want to stay in new condo. Wait a few years nvm, but must be NEW! Those who buy and stay in older condos because its cheaper, in the new era's view --> its CHEAP! In newer era, the only reason why people wanna stay in older condos will be probably due to reasons 1) and 2) above..

Thats all I have for the time being, once the other thoughts are arranged, I will share with you all!

DKSG
    Straddling between the new and older eras.
    PS : I mentioned era not ERA hor!
    +1 like, solid observation.

I contribute 1 point also. with both parents prob working to continue running this rat race to pay for a car n condo, pple have no choice but to rely on their parents to help take care of their kids. Now let's say this young couple guy side is rich n stays in bishan landed, the son/daughter would want to buy a NEW house near their parent so they can drop off and pick up or go to their parent's place for dinner. So it got nothing to do with RV 1300psf or bishan $1500, cos it's inconvenient to do so. So we see alot of new OCR record prices selling well. One thing I know abt old pple, is their reluctant to changes in where they say.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    The launch psf will be comparable to Bishan's SH and probably exceed it.
    I highly doubt it, if it's launched anywhere near term. In the next cycle maybe.

I highly doubt it, if it's launched anywhere near term. In the next cycle maybe.
    I hope you are right because I'm aiming for this.

I am aiming too. I hope the price is lower than bishan too...
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

That means you fully buy into the jurong story

If the gov jurong story is for real, I agree it's highly possible jurong can evolve to Bishan position today. But keep in mind this, Bishan location is specific. It has a few schools anchored. It has lots of landed pties for a long time. And so happen it's very near town. Etc. Jurong dun have these natural attributes.

But of all suburban towns, for me, yes jurong has the most potential for growth. Low base and with a big story coming.

u see teddy's post on caveats at VIVA below,

there are indeed recent transactions done at 17xx (including 2 for 2 bedders in nov-11 before cooling measures), 16xx even 15xx.

launch price 16xx to 17xx doesn't mean asking price can't be that low. we already saw that there are indeed pple selling at a loss (although still small in numbers) in CCR. somemore say i haven't bargain hunt for u. hurry up call and buy the units now lah.

These ads are very fishy. Most 4bds are asking 1800 quantum 3.5m above , most 2 3 bd asking 19## and 2000 psf. Viva launch price in 2009 was 16-17##, asking price now can't be that low.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,800,000 958 Strata 1,879 Apr-12
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,380,000 1,346 Strata 1,769 Mar-12
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,250,000 1,324 Strata 1,699 Mar-12
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,939,475 1,528 Strata 1,923 Feb-12
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,912,640 1,518 Strata 1,919 Dec-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,150,000 1,346 Strata 1,598 Dec-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,800,000 958 Strata 1,879 Dec-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,670,000 958 Strata 1,743 Nov-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 1,827,000 1,044 Strata 1,750 Nov-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,461,350 1,346 Strata 1,829 Nov-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 2,555,500 1,346 Strata 1,899 Oct-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 3,068,224 1,528 Strata 2,007 Oct-11
    VIVA SUFFOLK WALK Condominium 1 3,880,000 1,959 Strata 1,981 Oct-11

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    I am aiming too. I hope the price is lower than bishan too...
    if capitaland get its, it wont be much cheaper. Get ready for CL record bidding in jurong!

That means you fully buy into the jurong story

If the gov jurong story is for real, I agree it's highly possible jurong can evolve to Bishan position today. But keep in mind this, Bishan location is specific. It has a few schools anchored. It has lots of landed pties for a long time. And so happen it's very near town. Etc. Jurong dun have these natural attributes.

But of all suburban towns, for me, yes jurong has the most potential for growth. Low base and with a big story coming.
    I dun have to buy e story, bcoz it is unfolding in front of me.Look at e map or drive around there. It feels different, n e MNCs r there. The hospital is not built for nothing, given NUH is nearby. Govt is planning it as a hub for e entire west.

$2m 3 bedder in CCR?

can get carribean (it is considered CCR? ) but good enough lah

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-at-keppel-bay

sommerville park? old but good lah

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-tenanted-3br

quayside small project but by the river nice what:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-the-quayside

If that makes u feel good, u can continue to believe so.

The hard truth is, most of sky habitat units sold are < 2m, no where near a decent unit px in CCR. Its 4bd psf is only 15##, best facing some more, in my opinion best buy, but very very few takers. Why ? 2.7m.

The real reason for ccr is the ABSD and LTV rules.

Before u start comparing, remember, Bishan is the most prime of suburban areas, that has the highest HDB prices, it's like the Marq equivalent of mass market project. and yet this 2m is the highest a suburban 3bd unit can go. That says a lot about the real picture: nothing has really changed.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

So what if it is the hub for entire West? You mean they can sell like Bishan SH at >$1700 psf?
    I doubt so if it is already hub for entire West, as we know, the wild wild west is cheap skate.....

I dun have to buy e story, bcoz it is unfolding in front of me.Look at e map or drive around there. It feels different, n e MNCs r there. The hospital is not built for nothing, given NUH is nearby. Govt is planning it as a hub for e entire west.

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    No more interest in novena newton?
    Price Gap narrowing between a condo in novena and bishan or even bedok
    Facts in ura undeniable.

Novena or newton how many resale units done past 2-3 mths?

Just wanted to say that as someone who stayed in both Bishan and Novena areas for the better part of 25 years (longer in Bishan than Novena), I personally feel that there is no contest in my view. For me, Novena wins hands down.

Bishan is well located, with its MRT, lower density HDB, Junction 8 mall and proximity to town. But Novena is way superior in my opinion,with 3 equally good but less crowded malls (ok, Square 2 sucks, but the other 2 are fine), closer proximity to town/CBD via MRT or driving, and almost a total lack of HDBs around (lower density and less crowded).

Even in terms of traffic, the internal roads in Bishan are mainly 2 lane roads which get jammed up badly during peak hours, much worse than the roads in the Novena/Moulmein/Thomson area.

Don't get me wrong, I very much like Bishan with many fond memories, and prefer it over AMK, TPY, Clementi, etc. But in my opinion, Novena is superior. And we haven't even taken into account the tenure of land yet. In Novena it's likely to be FH, while in Bishan, chances are that it'll be 99LH.

I think it is more a question of new sale versus resale here, with most buyers still in the market today preferring to buy direct from the developers due to the various reasons already stated by others. Can't say that I agree with these buyers' thinking though...

So what if it is the hub for entire West? You mean they can sell like Bishan SH at >$1700 psf?
    I doubt so if it is already hub for entire West, as we know, the wild wild west is cheap skate.....
    Teddy, can you post a photo of your wife's 10 years old hermes bag? very sua gu, what to see how is the condition leh. plz plz

Growth should escalate once the government agencies and more MNCs move in. We will mark this page and revisit our views next year when the condo is launched and probably every year for the next 5 years

Jurong want to be like Bishan, you have to:
    1) shift the Jurong east closer to city centre
    2) shift all the heavy industries out of Jurong (e.g.oil & gas manufacturing..chemical plants ..) so that can eliminate all those funny smells and invisible particles that are harmful to your health.
    3) Make Jurong cemeteries first before building housing on the land

Growth should escalate once the government agencies and more MNCs move in. We will mark this page and revisit our views next year when the condo is launched and probably every year for the next 5 years

Can Bidadari Cemetry made it to the list of expensive PCs 5 -10years later.
    Jurong want to be like Bishan, you have to:
    1) shift the Jurong east closer to city centre
    2) shift all the heavy industries out of Jurong (e.g.oil & gas manufacturing..chemical plants ..) so that can eliminate all those funny smells and invisible particles that are harmful to your health.
    3) Make Jurong cemeteries first before building housing on the land

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    No doubt OCR prices and CCR prices have narrowed.
    However, may be a little misleading to compare the lower end of price range in Viva with higher range in SH.

There are possible reasons why these units in Viva are asking for 17XXpfs.
    The 2 + 1 bedder 1044 in Viva is facing PI and blocked by PI. The refuse center looks like is next to this stack.
    The low floor units in the 4 bedder may be blocked by the club house.
    The 3 bedder 1345 low floor units facing the road, also face the CTE directly and the other 1345 stack which is tucked inside is completely blocked by the 4 bedder stacks, with aircon ledges of neighbours just next to the balcony.
    Walk around the condo, you will see these are fairly obvious.

However, agree that prices in SH have reached CCR range.
    Yes, should compare the most atas in CCR vs RCR/OCR.

The Marq vs SH. Has the gap close?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Yes, should compare the most atas in CCR vs RCR/OCR.

The Marq vs SH. Has the gap close?
    the difference in quantum is like heaven and earth, with probably another zero for the former

Quote Originally Posted by BV
    Just wanted to say that as someone who stayed in both Bishan and Novena areas for the better part of 25 years (longer in Bishan than Novena), I personally feel that there is no contest in my view. For me, Novena wins hands down.

Bishan is well located, with its MRT, lower density HDB, Junction 8 mall and proximity to town. But Novena is way superior in my opinion,with 3 equally good but less crowded malls (ok, Square 2 sucks, but the other 2 are fine), closer proximity to town/CBD via MRT or driving, and almost a total lack of HDBs around (lower density and less crowded).

Even in terms of traffic, the internal roads in Bishan are mainly 2 lane roads which get jammed up badly during peak hours, much worse than the roads in the Novena/Moulmein/Thomson area.

Don't get me wrong, I very much like Bishan with many fond memories, and prefer it over AMK, TPY, Clementi, etc. But in my opinion, Novena is superior. And we haven't even taken into account the tenure of land yet. In Novena it's likely to be FH, while in Bishan, chances are that it'll be 99LH.

I think it is more a question of new sale versus resale here, with most buyers still in the market today preferring to buy direct from the developers due to the various reasons already stated by others. Can't say that I agree with these buyers' thinking though...
    Well comparing bishan n novena is like comparing jurong n orchard road . Diff enclave.

Anyway I personally don't like novena these days. Coz it's just way too crowded with buildings. N the jams are bad. I would rather pick D15 Meyer or tanjong rhu. Peaceful yet near city and not crowded .

Wow, Didnt expect such a huge response to my post in Just one day.
    Hmm i see many people are discussing about the novena and bishan housing.

Personally i feel that there is a certain level of prestige and exclusiveness when u compare the novena Condos to the Bishan condos.
    Though accessibility of both area are on par, but nonetheless, when given a chance, nothing much to consider i would still go for the novena houses,
    Better investment capability, and prestige.

I doubt so if it is already hub for entire West, as we know, the wild wild west is cheap skate....
    you better pray to your wife's 30 years old HERMES bag that Capitaland does win this.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2012/pr12-38.html

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper
    Teddy, can you post a photo of your wife's 10 years old hermes bag? very sua gu, what to see how is the condition leh. plz plz
    Opss sorry, it should be 30+ years old good conditions HERMES bag.

Alamat! my ID will be revealed if I posted it on line
    It is a few rare bag in the cycle who know Hermes bag..

Opss sorry, it should be 30+ years old good conditions HERMES bag.

Alamat! my ID will be revealed if I posted it on line
    It is a few rare bag in the cycle who know Hermes bag..

come on. dont talk talk NP leh. Wait others accuse you toa pao sien

Let them be lo..
    Those who are into collecting Hermes bag will know.

come on. dont talk talk NP leh. Wait others accuse you toa pao sien

There is no end comparing this and that la!

So back to the topic of Sky.

Any updates on the sale figures ?

From what I saw in the showflat, I thought they sold more than 180 units already! Unless they block out some of the units (looks like sold).

DKSG

Let them be lo..
    Those who are into collecting Hermes bag will know.

how many Hermes does your wife have in her collection? What is the most expensive one of all?

how many Hermes does your wife have in her collection? What is the most expensive one of all?
    aiyo why do u want to know ?

aiyo why do u want to know ?
    kaypoh mah. I know people do collect watches, cars etc, but didnt know people actually collect Hermes bag. when the bag is used, still got value meh?

kaypoh mah. I know people do collect watches, cars etc, but didnt know people actually collect Hermes bag. when the bag is used, still got value meh?
    go search Jamie Cuaca and see her walls of hermes bags. Kelly/Birkin have HUGE followings around the world, ppl pay good money for used bags all the time.