Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 70% of sky habitat snapped up in a day!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

It is obvious that you like to twist and turn your point like someone
    This Is for all to see

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    My reference to you was only as a senior citizen, not some investment GURU...

'US'????

Amk and Ringo like father and son squabbling.

so lets welcome these investment GURU to teach us how to get rich.
    Let me share my personal encounter on this.

Back in 2005/6, I talked to easily 50 people or more including my boss to buy properties. Personally I talked to him 3 times in 2006 and in 2009, I asked him to buy properties again. But he did not. Thereafter, the property market chiong. Thereafter, I was so badly marked by him at a personal level and suffering.

A few friends took my advice and bot into property market. I also did not get any credit or return. Instead, some blamed me for not asking them to buy more. Some blamed me for not asking them to buy.

So in conclusion, now I never want to teach people how to get rich or how to invest or even how to choose good property.

My past lessons teach me that I need to be more selfish. I am not appreciated to help people to make monies but will be blamed if they did not make money.

Savills' analysis of URA Realis caveats data shows 1,142 resale deals for private homes (excluding ECs and en bloc sales) done in March - double the 565 caveats for February and more than three times January's volume of 314 transactions. The March number also exceeds December's volume of 776 and November's 981.

=> My own observation also, resale asking prices at OCR up by at least 10% since Sky Habitat's success. After Katong Regency sold out in one week, sellers will raise prices by another 5% soon.

HDB rental also up by 10-15% since January ...
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna

Back in 2005/6, I talked to easily 50 people or more including my boss to buy properties. Personally I talked to him 3 times in 2006 and in 2009, I asked him to buy properties again. But he did not. Thereafter, the property market chiong. Thereafter, I was so badly marked by him at a personal level and suffering.

A few friends took my advice and bot into property market. I also did not get any credit or return. Instead, some blamed me for not asking them to buy more. Some blamed me for not asking them to buy.

So in conclusion, now I never want to teach people how to get rich or how to invest or even how to choose good property.

My past lessons teach me that I need to be more selfish. I am not appreciated to help people to make monies but will be blamed if they did not make money.
    nobody is discouraging anyone here from buying property but rather buying within your means so that you dont need to put your family livelihood at risk.

Please dont be too hard on yourself, no one will simply buy a property just because of 1 advice from friend, and those who didnt buy are perhaps too poor to do so.

Whats your opinion about the property today? Can buy or not?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    It is obvious that you like to twist and turn your point like someone
    This Is for all to see
    Nah...you thought you saw an opportunity to brag about yourself and you took it....period.

A trademark that we see many times over. 30 years old HERMES is one example.

Whats your opinion about the property today? Can buy or not?
    There is no one size fix all answer. It depends on u.

IMO, if it is your first property and u hv sufficient financial means, then go and buy a good one. U will not be wrong for sure. Property investment is the longest timeline investment, there is hardly any chance of speculation.

For second property onwards, IMO, the upside potential is rather limited alr. U can find better investment vehicles for better yield and more liquid.

I think around 2-3 months back, I was alr calling to move into HK property market in this forum. It is a much more exciting place to buy properties. Some alr up almost 10% in these two months.

Look beyond Sg for better capital appreciation if ur serious in property investment.

L : You should learn your lesson, NEVER ask people to buy or sell properties (unelss you are agent and stand to profit from them!).

People are very merciless nowadays, if they make they brag that its their own judgement, if they lose, they curse you for 25 years !

So why bother to teach other people how to get rich and avoid you ? They will avoid you coz your presence constantly remind them that they owe you a big favour. And they will NEVER EVER give you anything in return.

If they later sold their property and make $1 mil, do you think they will even give you $10K ? Nope!

So, learn this lesson and move on. We can tcss here and share views. But NEVER ever help people make money. Its not worth it. Personally, what I do at most is to give advice on the buying process, what buyer/seller can or cannot do and how to handle despicable agents out to rip people off - this one is my forte! haha!

DKSG

There is no one size fix all answer. It depends on u.

IMO, if it is your first property and u hv sufficient financial means, then go and buy a good one. U will not be wrong for sure. Property investment is the longest timeline investment, there is hardly any chance of speculation.

For second property onwards, IMO, the upside potential is rather limited alr. U can find better investment vechiles for better yield and more liquid.

I think around 2-3 months back, I was alr calling to move into HK property market in this forum. It is a much more exciting place to buy properties. Some alr up almost 10% in these two months.

Look beyond Sg for better capital appreciation if ur serious in property investment.
    HK prices are higher than SG yet it has better capital appreciation prospects? Are fundamentals in HK so much better or you reckon this is due to the laissez-faire approach of the HK gov and the supply situation which is controlled by a few players or ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosegarden
    HK prices are higher than SG yet it has better capital appreciation prospects? Are fundamentals in HK so much better or you reckon this is due to the laissez-faire approach of the HK gov and the supply situation which is controlled by a few players or ...?
    Do u own homework and draw your own conclusion please.
    There are many many factors to consider. But u must add the FEAR factor.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    L : You should learn your lesson, NEVER ask people to buy or sell properties (unelss you are agent and stand to profit from them!).

People are very merciless nowadays, if they make they brag that its their own judgement, if they lose, they curse you for 25 years !

So why bother to teach other people how to get rich and avoid you ? They will avoid you coz your presence constantly remind them that they owe you a big favour. And they will NEVER EVER give you anything in return.

If they later sold their property and make $1 mil, do you think they will even give you $10K ? Nope!

So, learn this lesson and move on. We can tcss here and share views. But NEVER ever help people make money. Its not worth it. Personally, what I do at most is to give advice on the buying process, what buyer/seller can or cannot do and how to handle despicable agents out to rip people off - this one is my forte! haha!

DKSG
    ya, ru right. Simply too many friends visiting me nowadays and rather hard not to manage at times.

Do u own homework and draw your own conclusion please.
    There are many many factors to consider. But u must add the FEAR factor.
    Homework shows no fundamentals, and your fear factor agrees.

Homework shows no fundamentals, and your fear factor agrees.
    That means ur homework is not enough. Do some more, young man.

This is the latest

凱旋門呎售49662 九龍分層新高

This is the latest

凱旋門呎售49662 九龍分層新高
    Sell your hubris somewhere else, old man.

Straits Times :

No one can tell u the true value of Sky Habitat....

Did anyone read this ?

Sell your hubris somewhere else, old man.
    LOL....every post reflects the personality of the forumers.

LOL....every post reflects the personality of the forumers.
    Precisely! And some are not comfortable when his personality is exposed.

Laguna, amk, teddybear are old timers who contributed a lot to this forum, please stay cool and have some respect for them la

This is the latest

凱旋門呎售49662 九龍分層新高
    8000psf? Got a HK friend who told me HK prices up 5% YTD. Anyone tracking that market to validate that number?

It's all over the press. This is not MM.

今年首季九龍站成交平淡,但最新錄得一宗凱旋門交易,則創下項目歷史新高,涉及買賣的「大宅門」售價一億二千五百萬元,折合每呎價達四萬九千多元。

市場人士指出,豪宅交投屢創新高,昨日市場就錄得九龍站凱旋門高層戶,以呎價四萬九千九百六十元沽出,創出屋苑呎價新高紀錄,較對上一次紀錄近四萬八千元,推高近兩千元,同時超越該盤的「天際獨立屋」,售價可媲美港島南區洋房呎價。

易手的凱旋門摩天閣高層A室「大宅門」單位,獲買家以一億二千五百萬元承接,以單位面積約二千五百一十七方呎計算,平均呎價達四萬九千九百六十元。

據了解,該物業於○五年中,由今次賣方以六千一百五十萬

元購入,當時買入呎價二萬四千元,是次易手令業主帳面獲利六千三百五十萬元,單位升值逾一倍。

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    8000psf? Got a HK friend who told me HK prices up 5% YTD. Anyone tracking that market to validate that number?
    I track the number very closely.
    This is the site keeping all the transacted prices and index

http://hk.centadata.com/

Guess prime HK property already pass 1997 peak

Singapore chart is too slow

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera

Guess prime HK property already pass 1997 peak

Singapore chart is too slow
    look at this, it is more frightening

http://www.rvd.gov.hk/en/doc/statistics/graph2.pdf

Sg is slow mainly due to CM and supply.

look at this, it is more frightening

http://www.rvd.gov.hk/en/doc/statistics/graph2.pdf

Sg is slow mainly due to CM and supply.
    Thats why I say our commercial properties are only seeing the beginning of the new era! Prices has only start to increase recently.

DKSG

Savills' analysis of URA Realis caveats data shows 1,142 resale deals for private homes (excluding ECs and en bloc sales) done in March - double the 565 caveats for February and more than three times January's volume of 314 transactions. The March number also exceeds December's volume of 776 and November's 981.

=> My own observation also, resale asking prices at OCR up by at least 10% since Sky Habitat's success. After Katong Regency sold out in one week, sellers will raise prices by another 5% soon.

HDB rental also up by 10-15% since January ...
    Let us all HUAT HUAT HUAT ah!!!!!!!!!! Early birds, cans of worms have been opened for us to feed!

Laguna, amk, teddybear are old timers who contributed a lot to this forum, please stay cool and have some respect for them la

Respect is cool, if done mutually, for it is a two way street bro. Otherwise, "contributions" could just be a few people tcss.

Respect is cool, if done mutually, for it is a two way street bro. Otherwise, "contributions" could just be a few people tcss.
    I think they might have their own personal agenda mixed in with their contribution ... just read between the lines .. no need to mount personal attack

I think they might have their own personal agenda mixed in with their contribution ... just read between the lines .. no need to mount personal attack
    Actually these "old timers" should be thankful that for people like us who challenge their thoughts instead letting them get carried away into thinking that they are the smartest arse in this forum and everyone else are suckers.

Personal agendas, personal attacks, can't take challenges (or even innocent questions) ...

Ok got the picture.

If you understand the current situation of all the 3 asset classes, it is hard not to see why some are chionging [aka cheques flying everywhere n balloting in cbd shops etc..]. Remeber grade A office rental now hover around 10+, peak was 18 or 19 psf/mth still far cry. Especially in comm, rental and psf goes hand in hand.. everything is all about yield