Page 1 of 20 1234561116 ... LastLast

Thread: 70% of sky habitat snapped up in a day!

Default 70% of sky habitat snapped up in a day!

According to an article by straits time today, 70% of sky habitat units were snapped up at launch, although, not only was it one of the most expensive suburban condos,$1,642 psf for a four-bedder, and the fact that it has only a 99 year leasehold.

Other than the main selling point of the sky habitat, its accessibility and design. i wonder what other factors contributed to the good sales of such an expensive condo.

Source

Skyrocketing prices for local properties have been Phenomenon recently, and i cant wait for all these to finally come to a stable end.
    Last edited by FilthyRich; 16-04-12 at 11:16.

your nick suggest that you bought one unit at sky hab. too??

lol nope just went to take a look at what the commotion was all about

Its cheap, when the next 2 piece of land there tender and develop it will be sold at higher $/psf.

Crowds thronging the showroom on the first weekend of the launch of CapitaLand's Moshe Safdie-designed Sky Habitat condominium in Bishan. Out of the 180 units released for sale, 125 units were sold by 6pm on Sunday. Average prices range from $1,747 psf for a one-bedder to $1,642 psf for a four-bedder. This works out to $1.11 million for a 635 sq ft one-bedroom unit. ST PHOTO: SEAH KWANG PENG

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_789266.html

70% of 180 units launched is different from 70% of Sky Habitat project...

I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!!!

This is advertisement... 70% of units launched snapped up vs 70% of units snapped up... drop one word and have free advertisement...

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    I SCREAM ICE-CREAM!!!
    because it's hot!

Quote Originally Posted by babyworm
    70% of 180 units launched is different from 70% of Sky Habitat project...
    Sky Habitat project
    No. Of Units 509

they really know how to twist the words ...

LOL!!!

I believe you and I know how this works Am just surprised that developers have continued using this strategy even though it is like telling people they have caught 125 fishes using a net big enough for 180, without defining how big the ocean is.

Default 2393 for Mar excl EC (3032 in total)

huat ahh .... !!

Steamy .... Crazy .... Was eyeing a unit at east .. Elliot ...
    someone pay pay 2.5x mil !!! outbid ....
    Think got to reassess the mkt....

aiya we all know why they get so much free advertisement. Who owns cap land?

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    Elliot @ east coast damn bo hua, launch price during recession period was considered quite high already.. heng u din buy keke

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    huat ahh .... !!
    Is it announced already ? Where u find this ?

Is that why they also announced launching 6 plots of land for 2,380 units ?!

Cant be such a coincidence right ?

DKSG

announced on ura website, monthly sales data.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Is it announced already ? Where u find this ?

Is that why they also announced launching 6 plots of land for 2,380 units ?!

Cant be such a coincidence right ?

DKSG

I wonder who are those who can afford to buy this project? Do they have Mama and Papa ATM? Are high fliers and successful bosses like Sim Wong Hoo or ash rich from enbloc sales? The loan amount must be

There is no relevance. Some land can sell much cheaper during downturn.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    Its cheap, when the next 2 piece of land there tender and develop it will be sold at higher $/psf.

Seriously, I do not understand how our Bishan friends think like that...

why are they willing to pay for almost 1.93mil (assuming S$1,642 psf X 1180 sqft), 99 yrs condo in Bishan, when this one in prime area, within 1 km of somerset mrt is only asking 1.7mil....
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...nas-residences

either this Bishan development is seriously over-priced or the one near somerset is seriously under-priced....

Or maybe the problem is with me, that I did not realized 99LH is better than freehold and Somerset will soon lose it's shine and Bishan is the new "to-be" place?

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    i though u are going for waterbank

its not exactly comparable. i looked at oleanas before. its older, the corridors are darker and walking to somerset is not exactly that easy (though it is indeed walkable).

i also noticed that a lot of pple prefer larger plots of land vs smaller plots.

Quote Originally Posted by limfc

why are they willing to pay for almost 1.93mil (assuming S$1,642 psf X 1180 sqft), 99 yrs condo in Bishan, when this one in prime area, within 1 km of somerset mrt is only asking 1.7mil....

either this Bishan development is seriously over-priced or the one near somerset is seriously under-priced....

Or maybe the problem is with me, that I did not realized 99LH is better than freehold and Somerset will soon lose it's shine and Bishan is the new "to-be" place?

the latest caveat for a 4 bedder $2.18m 1668 sq ft 1307psf was on the market for more than one and a half years with a $2.2m asking price. i viewed it 1 1/2 years ago, when asking price was the same, my wife didn't like that layout and the overall feel of the development. while i think it is good $ value, the point i want to make is that, it was not easy to sell this unit at all even at 1300psf when all the OCR units surpassed this psf. i am not sure why, but apparently, the bulk of buyers do not look at psf as their primary consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    its not exactly comparable. i looked at oleanas before. its older, the corridors are darker and walking to somerset is not exactly that easy (though it is indeed walkable).

i also noticed that a lot of pple prefer larger plots of land vs smaller plots.

maybe they prefer the bishan cos the agent is chio-bu unlike the one near somerset...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    maybe they prefer the bishan cos the agent is chio-bu unlike the one near somerset...
    if that' really the truth, the buyers are far too short-sighted, cos there're much much more chio-bus in somerset area than in Bishan?

whahaha.... or am i wrong again?

if that' really the truth, the buyers are far too short-sighted, cos there're much much more chio-bus in somerset area than in Bishan?

whahaha.... or am i wrong again?
    no la just kiasu sporean when everybody cheong to buy they also must buy....many years ago all que at mcdonald to get hello kitty toy...now all cheong to buy SH...its just sporean mentality...just enjoy free show...and tcss in forum...

cannot anyhow use the word "chio-bu" in this forum hor. we lost bro devilplate becoz he used this term and somebody took it as an insult.

i thought its a complement?

Quote Originally Posted by radha08

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    the latest caveat for a 4 bedder $2.18m 1668 sq ft 1307psf was on the market for more than one and a half years with a $2.2m asking price. i viewed it 1 1/2 years ago, when asking price was the same, my wife didn't like that layout and the overall feel of the development. while i think it is good $ value, the point i want to make is that, it was not easy to sell this unit at all even at 1300psf when all the OCR units surpassed this psf. i am not sure why, but apparently, the bulk of buyers do not look at psf as their primary consideration.
    I think traditionally these CCR areas are the domain of investors. How many locals actually live here? The proportion is definitely much lower than non CCR areas. Now that the CCR has lost some of its shine (I'm not even going to speculate on the reasons) and foreign buyers are holding back, it is natural you see CCR properties in the market longer. Those buying for own stay may not be accustomed to living in "investor territory"...goes back to my earlier premise that people tend to look for familiar surroundings when they relocate, and for locals, the bulk of them are non CCR.

I have been thinking about this Sky Habi vs Oleanas trade offs for quite a while. Havent got a concrete theory to propose but my findings so far from discusison with various parties are as per below :

1) "I Like" - this is not the Facebook "Like" button but similar. I find that nowadays, people attach a lot more value to like. If they like and can afford, they buy. Comparing values based on tradtitional location, FH vs LH, etc. are all "Old School" already. If there is designer condo in Bishan selling for the same price as FH, old, tattered condo in River Valley, people choose the swanky one in Bishan. If you dont understand this theory, then maybe you have not come to terms more modern thinking. Like is more important than traditional value. I Like means I Value.

2) Location Premium - The premium people used as yardstick has changed. Maybe due to better MRT system, bus system, or people are driving now. Last time, maybe a Bishan condo is at 20% discount to Novena and 60% discount to River Valley, but now this numbers have changed, people attached less stigma to travelling a few MRT stops away. Hence it is no long 20% to Novena, maybe just 10%.

3) New vs Old premium - People now may attach more premium to new condos. As population gets affluent, people all want to stay in new condo. Wait a few years nvm, but must be NEW! Those who buy and stay in older condos because its cheaper, in the new era's view --> its CHEAP! In newer era, the only reason why people wanna stay in older condos will be probably due to reasons 1) and 2) above..

Thats all I have for the time being, once the other thoughts are arranged, I will share with you all!

DKSG
    Straddling between the new and older eras.
    PS : I mentioned era not ERA hor!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Good! Nobody will not compete with me.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I have been thinking about this Sky Habi vs Oleanas trade offs for quite a while. Havent got a concrete theory to propose but my findings so far from discusison with various parties are as per below :

1) "I Like" - this is not the Facebook "Like" button but similar. I find that nowadays, people attach a lot more value to like. If they like and can afford, they buy. Comparing values based on tradtitional location, FH vs LH, etc. are all "Old School" already. If there is designer condo in Bishan selling for the same price as FH, old, tattered condo in River Valley, people choose the swanky one in Bishan. If you dont understand this theory, then maybe you have not come to terms more modern thinking. Like is more important than traditional value. I Like means I Value.

2) Location Premium - The premium people used as yardstick has changed. Maybe due to better MRT system, bus system, or people are driving now. Last time, maybe a Bishan condo is at 20% discount to Novena and 60% discount to River Valley, but now this numbers have changed, people attached less stigma to travelling a few MRT stops away. Hence it is no long 20% to Novena, maybe just 10%.

3) New vs Old premium - People now may attach more premium to new condos. As population gets affluent, people all want to stay in new condo. Wait a few years nvm, but must be NEW! Those who buy and stay in older condos because its cheaper, in the new era's view --> its CHEAP! In newer era, the only reason why people wanna stay in older condos will be probably due to reasons 1) and 2) above..

Thats all I have for the time being, once the other thoughts are arranged, I will share with you all!

DKSG
    Straddling between the new and older eras.
    PS : I mentioned era not ERA hor!