Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A home close to nature but away from central

Default A home close to nature but away from central

or a home do not have any nature nearby but it is in central...

which one will you choose?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

I'd definitely choose a home near to nature and away from central.
    This is because it is cheaper.
    I do not believe in paying a premium for something in the central.
    To me, Singapore is so small and everything can be considered as central.
    Now especially with the heartlands having their own malls, I do not need to venture beyond my home to get what I want.

Of course if in future, the prices of the central region falls or becomes equal to the homes in the suburb, I would consider the central then.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

1 question first... is this 1 given by ah gong like hdb/ec or i've to pay fully on it....

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    1 question first... is this 1 given by ah gong like hdb/ec or i've to pay fully on it....
    condo ..

or landed..

but i am more toward condo at the moment..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I do not believe in paying a premium for something in the central.
    To me, Singapore is so small and everything can be considered as central.
    Now especially with the heartlands having their own malls, I do not need to venture beyond my home to get what I want.

Of course if in future, the prices of the central region falls or becomes equal to the homes in the suburb, I would consider the central then.
    Same for me.

I definitely go for stay near nature, quiet n peaceful. Then drive to central for work and entertainment. Cheaper n better imo

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    condo ..

or landed..

but i am more toward condo at the moment..
    heya... hdb/ec everyone wants mature estates, or if can get pinnacle@duxton even better...
    pte residential ulu-ulu got water/sea/woods getting hotter... e.g. ripplebay, watertown, parcrosewood, foresque..

so?...

Away from central not coz got nature but coz away from busyness of city living...

Own stay, nature. Investment, central. If pricing same, I still prefer to stay away from city. Like that life more exciting. Can enjoy nature and once awhile go central happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Away from central not coz got nature but coz away from busyness of city living...
    true..

teddybear sure come in kao pei kao bu one
    I am rich in debts...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why I need to do that? I can walk to Singapore's coolest and most beautiful garden in the world even though I live in the most urban central city part of Singapore with endless of shopping, dinning along 1 of the world's most beautiful shopping street. Not many people got such luxury.... I am proud of that! Wait till many all these people who make such comments can well-afford then they can tell me that they despice staying in Orchard not because they got no bullet but because they choose to because of life style.....

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    teddybear sure come in kao pei kao bu one

I think Malaysia property fits the bill of cheaper house with plenty of greenery.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    So many new developments to choose from. take your pick.
    Thomson Grand should be the most central?

Thomson Grand
    The Miltonia Residences
    The Estuary
    Tree House
    Foresque Residences

TS made it sound like you have to get EITHER one

There are plenty of places in CCR where you can get both.

All the pties surrounding botanic garden.

All the pties surrounding goodwood hill.

Etc.

Thomson Grand.

It's not far from CCR (5 to 10 mins drive). Can choose from Bishan Park, HSBC walk, Lower Pierce Reservoir, Upper Pierce Reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    heya... hdb/ec everyone wants mature estates, or if can get pinnacle@duxton even better...
    pte residential ulu-ulu got water/sea/woods getting hotter... e.g. ripplebay, watertown, parcrosewood, foresque..

so?...
    But the natural Clift is in cbd leh lol

Bukit timah and Holland bungalow or semi d. Best of both worlds.

Within CCR D10/11, near nature, plenty greenery, parks, supermarkets, restaurants.

Most importantly: low population density, which is an important criteria for every prestige residential area.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Thomson Grand.

It's not far from CCR (5 to 10 mins drive). Can choose from Bishan Park, HSBC walk, Lower Pierce Reservoir, Upper Pierce Reservoir.
    Yes amongst the lot i would pick TG. Probably has the best finishing amongst them.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    TS made it sound like you have to get EITHER one

There are plenty of places in CCR where you can get both.

All the pties surrounding botanic garden.

All the pties surrounding goodwood hill.

Etc.
    my ideal home is one that is near to nature

but i also want swimming pool for exercise purpose..

if condo, swimming pool + gym is just down stair - you pay monthly fee la..
    if landed, you must drive/travel to the nearest swimming complex.. sianz..

plus i want freehold .. lol

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Why I need to do that? I can walk to Singapore's coolest and most beautiful garden in the world even though I live in the most urban central city part of Singapore with endless of shopping, dinning along 1 of the world's most beautiful shopping street. Not many people got such luxury.... I am proud of that! Wait till many all these people who make such comments can well-afford then they can tell me that they despice staying in Orchard not because they got no bullet but because they choose to because of life style.....
    Well said.

In fact, away from central does not mean away from the clutter and noise of city living. Suburban hubs are as densely populated if not more. Whereas living next to, say Botanic gardens, is arguably the best "greens" you can get save next to Macritchie, and that's only because of the cross country tracks. And please don't compare Bishan park or punggol "riverside" to BG.
    Last edited by Rosegarden; 17-04-12 at 10:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    Bukit timah and Holland bungalow or semi d. Best of both worlds.

Within CCR D10/11, near nature, plenty greenery, parks, supermarkets, restaurants.

Most importantly: low population density, which is an important criteria for every prestige residential area.
    GCB nassim gallop or leedon, more better....

my ideal home is one that is near to nature

but i also want swimming pool for exercise purpose..

if condo, swimming pool + gym is just down stair - you pay monthly fee la..
    if landed, you must drive/travel to the nearest swimming complex.. sianz..

plus i want freehold .. lol
    near nature means got mosquitoes leh.. my old place near nature and all of us got bitten. so we normally close the blinds before sunset, and after dinner go into the masteroom to watch tv.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    near nature means got mosquitoes leh.. my old place near nature and all of us got bitten. so we normally close the blinds before sunset, and after dinner go into the masteroom to watch tv.
    We have permanent magnetic mosquito screens on all windows and sliding doors. Need to live with the lizards and ants constantly present. When you change ant bait, a new breed comes in that is not affected. The species of ant changes from time to time. Monkeys are also outside much of the time.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Oh no! My wife will scream constantly.....

We have permanent magnetic mosquito screens on all windows and sliding doors. Need to live with the lizards and ants constantly present. When you change ant bait, a new breed comes in that is not affected. The species of ant changes from time to time. Monkeys are also outside much of the time.

home close to your primates?

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    wah kao..

wa..so many friendly living species around..

Yah this screens really bring back fond memories. Did not know they exist till a friend told me about it. I went to source around and was surprised that it is quite expensive.

So I DIY it (that time no money because over leverage with properties ), bought the net from Sungei road and the double sided tape.
    Soon the double sided tape gave way and I replaced it with "velcro" (not sure how to spell).

It really helps to keep the mosquitoes away.

Now, at my current place still got mosquitoes but not so much. Evertime when there is an outbreak, I will open up all the drain outside my house and check if it is choked. If I can clear it with my "koot tao" I will just quickly do it. Otherwise, I call PUB and they are so good. They response to you almost immediately. Thumbs up.

At first I thought mosuquitoes is under NEA. So I called NEA and they forwarded my msg to PUB since drain is under PUB.

Good discovery. Other than mossies, I really like landed. Been hunting for a bigger one as you know. But price is berry high.

any big issue with pregnant woman living in landed?
    climb up and down.. worry me leh