Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can you take the hot weather in singapore?

What were you sleeping on before you bought a mattress.... ? Cardboards... ?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Talking about mattress.
    Eversince I bought my mattress 1 year ago, I have to resist the temptation to read in bed, cos i almost always doze off when I lie down on the mattress at any time of the day.

Talking about mattress.
    Eversince I bought my mattress 1 year ago, I have to resist the temptation to read in bed, cos i almost always doze off when I lie down on the mattress at any time of the day.
    lol
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    my only gripe about fan is noise... tends to be noisy. any good brand to recommend?
    ALPHA is good.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    My recent experience with buying an electrical appliance through gmarket was not good.

For the amount of money paid for one Dyson multiplier, I can buy many Mistral or KDK fans.

Yesterday they were having a promo in Robinsons to get a small Dyson multiplier for $1500 spend in the sale. I could not face the prospect of Qing to get in, Qing to pay and Qing to redeem the Dyson. So I passed. Went to the sale in the late evening to pick up my mattresses. Passed on the branded all-singing all-dancing feature-packed mattresses and went with the more reasonably priced ones with no frills but felt the same as the feature-packed ones when lying down. The sale of mattresses is one big con and marketing job in my opinion. (waiting to be flamed by die-hard mattress lovers here).
    Cant agree with you more. I know some who absolutely must buy branded mattress and super high thread count bedsheets when in the end still sleepless nites due to work stress. Its all in the head and body health. Million dollar bed or mattress is useless if u are so stressed out due to your f up Character n personality...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Cant agree with you more. I know some who absolutely must buy branded mattress and super high thread count bedsheets when in the end still sleepless nites due to work stress. Its all in the head and body health. Million dollar bed or mattress is useless if u are so stressed out due to your f up Character n personality...
    High thread count bedsheets are SUPER difficult to wash and dry. They are heavy and hold a lot of water. They are not really suitable for our SG humid climate. Fungus tends to grown in the (many) threads. I don't really feel comfy in them either as I don't use air-con and they seem not to be able to "breathe" - I think it's because they are too dense. Somemore they crease badly.

I see a lot of young couples these days going for the high end mattresses and Egyptian cotton bed linen. I wonder how many cycles of changing the bed sheets and washing them will it take before they realize what a gargantuan effort it is. For some of the high end mattresses, I even failed to be able to lift them off the divan. I don't believe in paying so much for a mattress that will break my back when I try to lift it to change the bed sheets. It will negate the hotly touted "back care" effects claimed by the manufacturer.

Talking about mattress.
    Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    What were you sleeping on before you bought a mattress.... ? Cardboards... ?
    LOL......
    I can fall asleep on cardboards too.
    But I sleep better on my present mattress.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    High thread count bedsheets are SUPER difficult to wash and dry. They are heavy and hold a lot of water. They are not really suitable for our SG humid climate. Fungus tends to grown in the (many) threads. I don't really feel comfy in them either as I don't use air-con and they seem not to be able to "breathe" - I think it's because they are too dense. Somemore they crease badly.

I see a lot of young couples these days going for the high end mattresses and Egyptian cotton bed linen. I wonder how many cycles of changing the bed sheets and washing them will it take before they realize what a gargantuan effort it is. For some of the high end mattresses, I even failed to be able to lift them off the divan. I don't believe in paying so much for a mattress that will break my back when I try to lift it to change the bed sheets. It will negate the hotly touted "back care" effects claimed by the manufacturer.
    Excellent post! Good one. Rest your back when you sleep but break it when you change the sheets wakakakaka

LOL......
    I can fall asleep on cardboards too.
    But I sleep better on my present mattress.
    Thanks sis you made me lol today