Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can you take the hot weather in singapore?

Default can you take the hot weather in singapore?

the afternoon weather is the worst!
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Does anyone know average how much more per month if air con in say average sized living room on whole day? 50? 100? 200?

if it is living room..

definitely > $200 ..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    if it is living room..

definitely > $200 ..
    If just the Fan mode leh?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    confirm save alot of $$

maybe just $20-30/mo

If you set at 26 degree for whole day in living room, maybe less than $200/mth.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    If you set at 26 degree for whole day in living room, maybe less than $200/mth.
    How about if MM size type of living room? Ah MM does have its benefits... Hmmm

stay North South facing, single loading, high floor but not the highest...

Best to be near coast or on hill. Confirm cooling
    I am rich in debts...

the sun still shine on you when your house sit on hill .. same kind of hot weather meh...

or am i wrong?

the sun still shine on you when your house sit on hill .. same kind of hot weather meh...

or am i wrong?
    yes but less humidity hence less sweat
    I am rich in debts...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix

What does single loading mean?

North south unblock facing with a ceiling fan..

hot afternoon best to chill with an ice cold beer

How about if MM size type of living room? Ah MM does have its benefits... Hmmm
    I suspect not much difference lah... MM size living room include the kitchen so it might become even bigger sized in the end.

air-con fan mode is quite useless.
    ceiling fan is a must!
    a typical 3 bedder may need to install as many as 6 ceiling fans...3 for each bedrooms, 2 for living and 1 for balcony.
    Last edited by Komo; 18-04-12 at 07:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    ceiling fan is a must!
    a typical 3 bedder may need to install as many as 6 ceiling fans...3 for each bedrooms, 2 for living and 1 for balcony.
    i prefer those stand-up fan leh..
    can move it around anytime..

my only gripe about fan is noise... tends to be noisy. any good brand to recommend?

my only gripe about fan is noise... tends to be noisy. any good brand to recommend?
    mistral is doing well for me.. the mid-high range..
    try avoid any cheapo one...

KDK or nothing.

How about the Dyson bladeless air multiplier thingy...

How about the Dyson bladeless air multiplier thingy...
    ...is good for retired fighter pilots and as ornament.

standup fan takes up space, very noisy and need to clean very often and very troublesome too. seems outdated already. can't beat ceiling fan

mistral is doing well for me.. the mid-high range..
    try avoid any cheapo one...
    Agree with the Mistral.

I don't use air-con in my bedrooms and we have Mistrals.

In any case, there is a lot of noise from the forest reserve at night (insects, frogs) that is as loud or louder than the fans anyway.

Anybody have feedback on the Dyson air multiplier? They look good but the price is $$$

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Agree with the Mistral.

I don't use air-con in my bedrooms and we have Mistrals.

In any case, there is a lot of noise from the forest reserve at night (insects, frogs) that is as loud or louder than the fans anyway.

Anybody have feedback on the Dyson air multiplier? They look good but the price is $$$
    the review for the dyson is not good actually. it eat up more electricity and the machine also depend on the surrounding airflow ..

standup fan takes up space, very noisy and need to clean very often and very troublesome too. seems outdated already. can't beat ceiling fan
    haha..me is very hardcore fengshui person.. i don't like thing 'turning' above my head..

the review for the dyson is not good actually. it eat up more electricity and the machine also depend on the surrounding airflow ..

haha..me is very hardcore fengshui person.. i don't like thing 'turning' above my head..
    yes I suspected that would be the case for the Dyson. Thanks for your reply.

I think with ceiling fan it is more difficult to clean as it is high up. We have a lot of resident lizards and I don't fancy the lizard poo being blown on my head and all over the room.

Didn't know abt the fengshui thing. Is that your own opinion or documented fengshui concept? It seems different fengshui masters preach/practice different things. I told my dad I should have been a fengshui master. Probably would earn more than in my current job.......

I don't have it but I don't think the wind is powerful if you are far away from it.
    You can get the korean or china ones on gmarket for a fraction of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I don't have it but I don't think the wind is powerful if you are far away from it.
    You can get the korean or china ones on gmarket for a fraction of the price.
    My recent experience with buying an electrical appliance through gmarket was not good.

For the amount of money paid for one Dyson multiplier, I can buy many Mistral or KDK fans.

Yesterday they were having a promo in Robinsons to get a small Dyson multiplier for $1500 spend in the sale. I could not face the prospect of Qing to get in, Qing to pay and Qing to redeem the Dyson. So I passed. Went to the sale in the late evening to pick up my mattresses. Passed on the branded all-singing all-dancing feature-packed mattresses and went with the more reasonably priced ones with no frills but felt the same as the feature-packed ones when lying down. The sale of mattresses is one big con and marketing job in my opinion. (waiting to be flamed by die-hard mattress lovers here).

For the last two apartments, mine has been single loading.

Currently, on a hill/single loading, NS orientation with lots of greenery.
    Quite cool compared to my other place - where was a concrete-jungle.

Built-up signature also plays a part...greenery soaks up the heat, soil/plants/trees

ceiling fan is a must!
    having to clean 6 ceiling fan can be a hassle for me....
    too lazy lehhhh....

My recent experience with buying an electrical appliance through gmarket was not good.

For the amount of money paid for one Dyson multiplier, I can buy many Mistral or KDK fans.

Yesterday they were having a promo in Robinsons to get a small Dyson multiplier for $1500 spend in the sale. I could not face the prospect of Qing to get in, Qing to pay and Qing to redeem the Dyson. So I passed. Went to the sale in the late evening to pick up my mattresses. Passed on the branded all-singing all-dancing feature-packed mattresses and went with the more reasonably priced ones with no frills but felt the same as the feature-packed ones when lying down. The sale of mattresses is one big con and marketing job in my opinion. (waiting to be flamed by die-hard mattress lovers here).
    Talking about mattress.
    Eversince I bought my mattress 1 year ago, I have to resist the temptation to read in bed, cos i almost always doze off when I lie down on the mattress at any time of the day.