View Poll Results: Do you like Sky Habitat's design?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it

15 30.00%

10 20.00%
  • Dislike

9 18.00%
  • Hate

5 10.00%
  • Neutral

11 22.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sky Habitat design - poll

Default Sky Habitat design - poll

What do you think of SH's design?
    Do you like or dislike it?
    I personally find it NOT pleasing to the eye.
    I get a prickling sensation when I look at it.
    Perhaps I am not an arty farty person who can appreciate the design.

if you ask about the outer design...i find it not bad..

but anyone got the floorplan?
    see those big balcony can only imagine you got very small living space lor..

not sure good for family to stay or not
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    if you ask about the outer design...i find it not bad..

but anyone got the floorplan?
    see those big balcony can only imagine you got very small living space lor..

not sure good for family to stay or not
    Yup..... forgot to specify.
    I am referring to the outer design.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Yup..... forgot to specify.
    I am referring to the outer design.
    i sidetrack abit ok...
    imo,this building will look nice if its located in east coast area along the stretch of ECP..
    but in bishan with the nearby hdb's? i have my doubts!

exactly... the surrounding not that ideal for that price...

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    i sidetrack abit ok...
    imo,this building will look nice if its located in east coast area along the stretch of ECP..
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou
    exactly... the surrounding not that ideal for that price...
    imagine when u wake up and look out to see a bunch of HDB flat opposite your block...
    lol

a big waste for such a masterpiece ..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    i sidetrack abit ok...
    I agree with you that such a design should not be in a HDB estate.
    I kinda feel it sticks out like a sore thumb among the uniformed and neat HDB blocks.

exterior very nice...great to invite guest and show them around, including sky pool. but paisei to bring them into the house

Taking out the surrounding hdb from thr equation, i think it's a fantastic piece of architecture. Much better than sands, d'leedon and interlace. But it cost an arm and a leg.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Taking out the surrounding hdb from thr equation, i think it's a fantastic piece of architecture. Much better than sands, d'leedon and interlace. But it cost an arm and a leg.
    OMG... what's wrong with me!
    Seems like most people adore its architecture.
    I, on the otherhand find it an eye sore.
    Perhaps I like uniformity and SH is not symmetrical hence I get uneasy when I look at it.

OMG... what's wrong with me!
    Seems like most people adore its architecture.
    I, on the otherhand find it an eye sore.
    Perhaps I like uniformity and SH is not symmetrical hence I get uneasy when I look at it.
    Hello butter sis, just curious, have u been to the show flat? The model looks better than on photo

Quote Originally Posted by price

Hello butter sis, just curious, have u been to the show flat? The model looks better than on photo
    Hi bro.... no, I haven't been to the showflat.
    Perhaps I may change my mind after seeing it?

Hi bro.... no, I haven't been to the showflat.
    Perhaps I may change my mind after seeing it?
    I think U might.. It's 2 storey high!!

yeah, the mock up gives you the feeling that you're standing at the foot of a completed building and it has a very commanding look about it.

and i'm a person who is always very skeptical about high priced condos. even thomson grand couldn't tempt me, but this was an exception.

yeah, the mock up gives you the feeling that you're standing at the foot of a completed building and it has a very commanding look about it.

and i'm a person who is always very skeptical about high priced condos. even thomson grand couldn't tempt me, but this was an exception.
    You have hit the nail on the head.
    I think I know why I don't like the design.
    I find it too overpowering.

and the person living in the penthouse is like the supreme commander of this commanding looking development. heh.

It can look a little intimidating. Buy honestly, I do appreciate developers who try out new designs. There are way too many condos which resemble each other, much like a production chain. The question is whether SH is a case of trying too hard. To me, I think it is just fine. Unfortunately the pricing is a big downer. If the pricing is reasonable (and with small premium) and it gets sold out, I think more developers will take the chance to come up with creative designs. Today, its just too cookie cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    It can look a little intimidating. Buy honestly, I do appreciate developers who try out new designs. There are way too many condos which resemble each other, much like a production chain. The question is whether SH is a case of trying too hard. To me, I think it is just fine. Unfortunately the pricing is a big downer. If the pricing is reasonable (and with small premium) and it gets sold out, I think more developers will take the chance to come up with creative designs. Today, its just too cookie cutter.
    unless a crisis hits, otherwise it'll be tough to scoop this in the subsale at 1000psf.

unless a crisis hits, otherwise it'll be tough to scoop this in the subsale at 1000psf.
    Yeah, this price could be hard. I just cannot understand why the developer built so many units priced over 2.5mil. Many are closer to 3 mil. Makes me wonder if they even did any market research. Already there's a premium due to the land bid and brand name architect. Then they went further to build units close to 1,800 sqft for 4 bedders and other large terrace units. Putting all these elements together plus LH99, what are they doing

Yeah, this price could be hard. I just cannot understand why the developer built so many units priced over 2.5mil. Many are closer to 3 mil. Makes me wonder if they even did any market research. Already there's a premium due to the land bid and brand name architect. Then they went further to build units close to 1,800 sqft for 4 bedders and other large terrace units. Putting all these elements together plus LH99, what are they doing

unless all the landed owners across the road at jln binchang or down the lorong at serangoon gardens decide to buy one unit for their kids, these quantums are hard to swallow for most of the HDB upgraders.

Its Bishan. Project die halfway there so be it. Its Bishan afterall not Farrer. Oh wait Farrer also cant sell out...

I believe the developer must have thought if carrots can grow in other OCRs, there should be even bigger and fatter carrots growing in Bishan. To prove the point that the MRT station is worth every cent the buyers are paying for, the developer refused to build a carpark so that all buyers can enjoy taking the MRT and walk 5 min under the sun or rain to visit the showflat.

I think the design is good; Singapore needs more of such building(s).

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    imagine when u wake up and look out to see a bunch of HDB flat opposite your block...
    lol

a big waste for such a masterpiece ..
    And then the m..... provides the accompaniment music...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I believe the developer must have thought if carrots can grow in other OCRs, there should be even bigger and fatter carrots growing in Bishan. To prove the point that the MRT station is worth every cent the buyers are paying for, the developer refused to build a carpark so that all buyers can enjoy taking the MRT and walk 5 min under the sun or rain to visit the showflat.
    U sound like Minority...calling everyone with money carrots..

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov
    U sound like Minority...calling everyone with money carrots..
    I like carrots actually By the way, my relative backed out last min so he din buy after all. SH has made TG and other cheaper condos nearby a *very* safe buy.

Just to add: the buyers are buying at a very much higher premium, and it will take several years for another plot to be launched and priced to exceed this launch. Buyers have to treat it as buying an artwork, or an iconic condo in Bishan. Anything else is secondary.
    Last edited by hyenergix; 22-04-12 at 21:22.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    And then the m..... provides the accompaniment music...
    For a total immersive experience.....foreigners will be queuing to buy to experience first hand the world famous HDB life style. Or not.

I like carrots actually By the way, my relative backed out last min so he din buy after all. SH has made TG and other cheaper condos nearby a *very* safe buy.

Just to add: the buyers are buying at a very much higher premium, and it will take several years for another plot to be launched and priced to exceed this launch. Buyers have to treat it as buying an artwork, or an iconic condo in Bishan. Anything else is secondary.
    You are right (no no don't mean the carrot reference). It is the money-no-object-I-want-to-own-an-art-piece people who are buying now....the rest are showroom browsers who are just glad the gallery admission is free.

Everyone loves carrots... They are the ones who help us raise our asset prices! Way to go man

I personally find the architecture to be rather unique! 2 blocks staggered so everyone gets an unblocked view. The view from the pool in the "Skypark" would be a sight to behold too.

My only concern is the construction and eventual maintenance of the "non-uniform" structure, eg the staircase-like floors and the slanted balcony.

Also, the plots around SH all have plot ratios of 4.9, so once they are developed, SH would probably lose its exclusivity. The plot directly on its west is already on the Reserve List.