Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: TAXI driver is it a LOW down job...

Senior

User Info Menu

Default TAXI driver is it a LOW down job...

Was having a discussion which turned into argument(happens quite often when your married)......i was telling her like maybe in 10 years time when i retire maybe i become taxi driver...she was like WTF is wrong with you...why...paiseh people say u like that what your kids friends think bla bla...so we argued..anyway point is i think its a decent job i mean like any other job you work hard and you get rewarded..idont give a RATS ass what people think of me..i make my own life what...

so bros/sis what you al think of TAXI driving as a form of livelihood...

Junior

User Info Menu

show her this article?
    [url]http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1060856/fresh_grad_marries_hawker.html[/url]

User Info Menu

if i am not wrong...taxi driver in spore is only for citizen...only job left not yet invaded by FT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by paulho77
    if i am not wrong...taxi driver in spore is only for citizen...only job left not yet invaded by FT
    MP and minister too. Wonder why they don't open that up ? Hmmm......

Just my 2 cent worth..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Was having a discussion which turned into argument(happens quite often when your married)......i was telling her like maybe in 10 years time when i retire maybe i become taxi driver...she was like WTF is wrong with you...why...paiseh people say u like that what your kids friends think bla bla...so we argued..anyway point is i think its a decent job i mean like any other job you work hard and you get rewarded..idont give a RATS ass what people think of me..i make my own life what...

Is a decent job, but not rewarding $ wise. You may want to achieve your landed before becoming a taxi driver.

Just my 2 cent worth..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    MP and minister too. Wonder why they don't open that up ? Hmmm......
    Guess this is a job opportunity for our retrenched workers.

Junior

User Info Menu

Driving a taxi is one of my dream jobs.... unfortunately it cannot pay for the things that I desire at this point in my life. It is a job I see myself doing after retiring from what I am doing now. Would probably be nagged by the Wife if I hung around at home all day anyway... might as well go earn some pocket money and do smething that I enjoy ie.... driving.

However as a full-time job, driving a taxi can be quite stressfull. Falling sick or taking holidays can have a big impact on a taxi driver's income..

Quote Originally Posted by radha08

mutant powerpuff

User Info Menu

I know quite a number of blue collared worker who get taxi licence as a back up in case they lose their job. Or they drive taxi to supplement income.
    Actually for yellow top taxi, you can own the taxi if you are doing business. So it can double up as own transport.
    As a form of livelihood, I think it is a hard job.
    But I think it is a decent job.
    Nothing to be paiseh about.

Junior

User Info Menu

heard there are people who can earn $6k/m

Senior

User Info Menu

Driving on the road as a taxi driver is different from driving on the road with taxi drivers. Taxi driving is definitely a decent job but its also hard work but sometimes I find taxi drivers exist in a world of their own, cutting lanes and stopping suddenly without warning all in the name of picking up passengers who can also be totally mindless of the traffic conditions... well I guess if I'm a taxi driver myself, I'd be more forgiving towards their behavior.

My dad also wants to be a taxi driver but always kana from my mum. I'd probably drive a taxi as a form of vehicle rental to tide over this period of high motor cost. Then no pressue, just go out and drive for 2 to 3 hours daily and earn a bit to cover the rental cost can liao... Lol!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast