Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Condo review...WOW!!

Default Condo review...WOW!!

that's why old condo final destiny is enbloc
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Stay hdb go public pool or safra pool better....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    that's why old condo final destiny is enbloc
    even enbloc if same crowd move back in...

Choke full of certain demographic...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Choke full of certain demographic...
    mustafa condo...

Better dont buy those super popular projects... Not exclusive and badly maintained plus horrid reviews make it difficult to lease or sell in future... It is human nature to post negative feedback rather than share any compliments.

Not all popular projects are bad lah. Some are very well maintained. In this case, it is in Meyer area and most residents are Indian. So one would have to assimilate to the Indian culture. I have a friend who lives in another Meyer Road condo nearby. I've never seen a non-Indian there before. its like 90% of residents are Indians. Meyer and Tg Rhu are the new Little India.

Not all reviews are bad. There are mixed reviews. Obviously the Indians will find the place wonderful with the same type around. And no matter what, the Indians did inflate the prices in Meyer and Tg Rhu. India condo huat ah!

Better dont buy those super popular projects... Not exclusive and badly maintained plus horrid reviews make it difficult to lease or sell in future... It is human nature to post negative feedback rather than share any compliments.

that's why if for own stay .. open your eyes wide wide to see whether you are ok with the mgmt + the crowd at the pool

I heard of construction workers jumping into public pools ... they never shower after work
    Ride at your own risk !!!

But prices still sky high for Makena despite poor reviews, bad management and ageing facilities..

There must still be a lot of demand for it.. Freehold, Sea views, MRT coming up nearby, and prices less than the new developments nearby.

Indian invasion. They will pay a premium to invade a condo to mix around with their own type. Same hygiene level, same taste in perfume, same culture etc. I think Meyer Road and Tg Rhu condos are the most overvalued if not for Indian invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepyhead
    But prices still sky high for Makena despite poor reviews, bad management and ageing facilities..

There must still be a lot of demand for it.. Freehold, Sea views, MRT coming up nearby, and prices less than the new developments nearby.

is a good area but i would avoid, and i quote one of the reviews, "Many residents have no experience of being outside their home country and behave with appalling consideration for others with regard to their habits".

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    that's why if for own stay .. open your eyes wide wide to see whether you are ok with the mgmt + the crowd at the pool

I heard of construction workers jumping into public pools ... they never shower after work
    So? I have seen countless times in my condo the PRC just walk out from their pool side unit in the morning after wake up and straight into the pool without prior showering...

So? I have seen countless times in my condo the PRC just walk out from their pool side unit in the morning after wake up and straight into the pool without prior showering...
    angmors do that too.

OMG! Which condos are you guys in?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    angmors do that too.
    There was one day where the pool filtration stopped working. In any given day, there are couples who swim late into the night god knows what they do in it, party of kids who play jump in and out of the water and ball games kicking around hitting the pool side units glass etc without a single word of lecture from the adult caregiver at the side, pinoys who enter the pool fully clothed in tshirt and shorts, locals who dont shower before and after oiling themselves suntanning and jump in, only shower before going back to save water, so that very day after the water became green color and murky and oily... With algae and debris here and there. Plus a foul smell. Just one day...

seriously a LOT of these BIG condos turn out to be an enclave of sorts...the cina condo will attract cinamen...the pinoy condos attract the pinoys and the indian condos attract the abnn.....thank GOD HDB got racial quota ruling otherwise will also breed all this kind of nonsense.....seriously recently i went to view apt in SIMEI green was REALLY put off by the crowd at the poolside and playground.....now i seriously beginning to feel like staying back in HDB and buy PC as investment to rent to these clowns...

of course other bros may have better experience care to share any GOOD family oriented condo that has 70% singaporean and 30% foreigners...i NOT talking EC but PC.....

Mine has a good mix of all. UNITED NATIONS plus ASEAN black white and all colors in between. Not sure if I should be happy or sad...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    of course other bros may have better experience care to share any GOOD family oriented condo that has 70% singaporean and 30% foreigners...i NOT talking EC but PC.....
    Usually far flung from mrt and set amidst HDB. Hmmm. Sounds like oxymoron. HDB means sure got some mrt nearby. Means dont have lor...

Mine has a good mix of all. UNITED NATIONS plus ASEAN black white and all colors in between. Not sure if I should be happy or sad...
    UNITED NATIONS definately better than SINGLE nation...

Everything will be old soon or later. It might all fine and dandy when you buy it. It can easily turn into a slump in a few years. I remember makena was still alright about 10 years back before it was invaded. So in the end its your luck

So are you all saying don't buy Makena?

Even though it has a lot going for it?

FH, MRT, sea views, high rental yields, cheaper than nearby developments....

got firesale can consider.

wait for major renovations....

There was one day where the pool filtration stopped working. In any given day, there are couples who swim late into the night god knows what they do in it, party of kids who play jump in and out of the water and ball games kicking around hitting the pool side units glass etc without a single word of lecture from the adult caregiver at the side, pinoys who enter the pool fully clothed in tshirt and shorts, locals who dont shower before and after oiling themselves suntanning and jump in, only shower before going back to save water, so that very day after the water became green color and murky and oily... With algae and debris here and there. Plus a foul smell. Just one day...
    Hi caruncle, care to share which condo you staying?

Did they do that in their white crocodile underwear?

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Did they do that in their white crocodile underwear?
    I tot is type?

aiyah..singaporeans just as bad lah! u reckon our locals are very well behaved or well cultured? we singaporeans also have our downside with many bad habits n bad behaviour also..

Quote Originally Posted by CP5211
    Hi caruncle, care to share which condo you staying?
    After all that said u think i dare to reveal ma.?? Dun wanna spoilt market for landlords and sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    I tot is type?
    should be panda brand