Thread: Community Service Part III of X: Showflat 101

Default Community Service Part III of X: Showflat 101

Hi boys n gals, this round gonna be short. Just some pointers for visiting showflats.

1. Never dress to the nines

Looking like a million dollars doesnt help in bargaining for that million dollar property. You want to look as financially savvy as possible. The real rich does not need to flaunt their wealth. But dont go in your pjs. Just dress casually yet simple and tidy.

Also, please dont ever drive your lambo or ferrari to the showflat. You are not selling your car nor yourself, there is nobody to impress. There are tons other more well heeled buyers there who will balk at your ostentious display. If you ONLY have those loud and lux cars, ask a friend with average car to drive you there and treat him kopi la.

2. Always wear loafers or sandals

For obvious reasons. You dont wanna be fumbling with shoelaces and straps and want not... Easy come easy go.

3. Contact number

If you actually enjoy receiving sms and/or calls from marketing agents to keep informed about new projects or resale opportunities, leave your real number. What can hurt - at most just say sorry not interested if calls come, you dont lose a cent with incoming calls being free.

4. Never act like you know the market or been doing this for a long time

Ask simple and to the point questions. How big. How far. How long to TOP. What finishing. What is given. What is included and what is not. What facilities? How much maintenance? What is the developer track record? Any recent projects that TOP to check out quality? What kind of tenants can this potentially draw? What kind of rental will they pay? What kind of amenities around? Peak hour traffic situation?

A good agent would have already covered all the above points upon concluding his or her initial sales pitch.

5. Display unit

Check out the brands of included fittings and finishing. Ignore all furniture and ID. Make sure you can reasonably fit intended occupants and normal furniture. Be aware of good practice like anti slam fittings, proper locations for washer pipes etc, sound proof window frames, energy saving and efficient ac and appliances, trusted and de facto brands, wheelchair friendly height for switches. Ask to take pictures.

6. Pricing and Financing

New launches will usually have a few banks reps stationed there. Dont bother, unless you really have 0 bank contacts and dont know how to use the net. You can easily find loan aggregators online who will gladly research based on your needs and recommend a few bank loan packages to you free of charge. Some will even go out of the way to meet the banker together with you to ensure your requirements are captured.

Now on pricing, most developers nowadays will display openly. For those who still hide in notebooks or i will consult my team leader etc kind, just tell them to give you the very best pricing with all discounts, vouchers and what not in. Say you have an appointment to keep to next and dont wanna waste time haggling.

7. Committing or exit

If you need some time to commit, take it. Walk around the site, look around, listen. Take in all senses. Yes some may have strong smell of spices etc coming from eating establishments nearby or gasoline fumes from petrol station etc. or neighbouring people who seem to constantly bicker loudly. Once you are sure on the unit, thank the agent and make sure to get the contact and leave. Thats right, always sleep over a high budget purchase. If when you wake up the next day and you still feel right about it, call the agent to pick up the cheaue from you. Never ever commit in the pressure of the ra ra of the showroom.

If you are sure you are not interested anymore, also take the agent contact card. In case you change your mind. Thank the agent, say you would need more time to check out the vicinity and see if walkable to mrt/amenities etc and definitely will call back if you are keen.

If you are not getting enough info or details from the agent, ask for another one nicely or ask to speak to the manager. Its only your right as a customer. If the agent is overly pressy, just say thank you and leave.

Thats all for this month folks. See you!

What if you have no intention of buying... just want to grab a brochure... look see look see..kaypoh...steal ideas for interiors... etc.

How to get into a showflat without a agent tailing you around.... ideas anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    What if you have no intention of buying... just want to grab a brochure... look see look see..kaypoh...steal ideas for interiors... etc.

Just say bought already

but bought already elsewhere loh
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Thx once again for sharing mcmlxxvi !!!

Alternatively, u can say u already hav an agent....

very simple, buy one development from each big 4: ERA, Huttons, KF, DTZ ... so nice time u go visit shwrm. Can have permanent immunity, no need scare pai seh or feel like wasting agent's time coz they already earn ur commission LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    very simple, buy one development from each big 4: ERA, Huttons, KF, DTZ ... so nice time u go visit shwrm. Can have permanent immunity, no need scare pai seh or feel like wasting agent's time coz they already earn ur commission LOL
    DTZ is among the biggest?

Thanks for the excellent post, mcmlxxvi !
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by price
    I realised PN like never do project launches one hor?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    I thought Huttons now? So many of them in new launches.

Thanks 1976! LIKE the title...looking forward to parts 4 to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I thought Huttons now? So many of them in new launches.
    I think ERA is still bigger than huttons. Huttons mostly do MM projects cause their comm is better. That's what I heard.

If not chio - say I can only buy from a chio bu.
    If chio - say my wife don't allow to buy from chio bu.

If male agent and you're female, repeat and rince.

Quote Originally Posted by sh

Thumbs-up Part III of X...