Thread: Busy weekend for hot property deals

Default Busy weekend for hot property deals

http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/St...ry_794829.html

Busy weekend for hot property deals

447-unit Pasir Ris One DBSS project oversubscribed

Published on May 3, 2012

By Amanda Tan

PROPERTY buyers were out in force over the long Labour Day weekend, snapping up units in public and private projects islandwide.

Pasir Ris One, under the Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS), was oversubscribed before e-applications for interested buyers closed at midnight.

The 447-unit development near Pasir Ris MRT station appears set to be the final DBSS project, in which public housing is farmed out to private developers who offer better finishing touches.

Land sales for the scheme were suspended in July last year after a public uproar over hefty pricing for a similar project in Tampines. The scheme was placed under review.

But projects for which land had already been sold, like Pasir Ris One, were still rolled out.

Interest in the 99-year leasehold flats was strong despite some units being pricey, as analysts earlier said. Indicative prices released by the developer, SingXpress KayLim, put a three-room, 700 sq ft unit at between $390,000 and $490,000. This works out to about $557 to $700 per sq ft (psf).

A five-room, 1,130 sq ft flat there works out to about $650,000 to $770,000, or $575 to $681 psf.

Analysts earlier warned that the higher prices put the project in competition with Watercolours, an executive condominium in the area launched on Tuesday. Indeed, there was strong interest in the 99-year leasehold, 416-unit executive condo, which sources said had already been oversubscribed as of yesterday. The deadline for e-applications is next Monday.

Average indicative prices for two-bedders starting from 743 sq ft are between $500,000 and $600,000, while three-bedders starting from 915 sq ft will cost between $600,000 and $700,000. Average unit prices are between $680 and $720 psf, industry sources said.

In Yishun, 1 Canberra, a 665-unit executive condo, saw nearly 500 e-applications by yesterday, sources said. A standard three-bedder there is likely to cost between $680,000 and $880,000. A four-bedder will be about $860,000 to $970,000.

Meanwhile, mass market private condos also recorded healthy sales.

The newly launched SeaHill, along West Coast Link, sold about 145 units out of the 200 released. They were sold at an average price of $1,311 psf. Pasir Ris' Ripple Bay sold 505 units out of 679 units, as of Tuesday. Its apartments were sold at an average of $870 psf.

These figures follow first quarter property results released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority last week. It stated that prices of private residential properties fell marginally by 0.1 per cent in the first quarter of this year, compared with a 0.2 per cent increase in the previous quarter.

Credo Real Estate executive director Ong Teck Hui suggested that home buyers could have been spurred by the news of a buoyant property market. 'This, and the positive outlook for the economy, would account for (the buyers') sentiments and behaviour.' Mr Lee Sze Teck, senior manager of research and consultancy at Dennis Wee Group, said some condo buyers could have entered the market after a futile wait for prices to drop. 'Sometimes they could also be scared of missing the boat. So they enter the market now after they see strong developer sales in the first quarter,' he said.

[email protected]

Will it be another hot weekend for showflat and showhouse viewing?

The ones under 1000psf are the ones quietly moving.

Do you mean resale?
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    The ones under 1000psf are the ones quietly moving.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Do you mean resale?
    I mean new sale.

Do you mean resale?
    Resale is also moving.
    The one that I was negotiating, suddenly got SOLD!

Someone came in, didnt negotiate and paid the asking price (which is just 3% higher than what I am trying to get - I am cheapskate!)!

DKSG

You were trying to self-create a 3% absd rebate by negotiating for 3% less? Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Resale is also moving.
    The one that I was negotiating, suddenly got SOLD!

Someone came in, didnt negotiate and paid the asking price (which is just 3% higher than what I am trying to get - I am cheapskate!)!

DKSG
    no u are NOT cheapskate u are just a SINGAPOREAN...

Will it be another hot weekend for showflat and showhouse viewing?
    Top selling project in May should be 8riversuites. probably gonna clear another 200 more this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Top selling project in May should be 8riversuites. probably gonna clear another 200 more this weekend.
    Wouldn't the Sennett area be a better draw? 3 PC slated to be coming up and all of them much shorter distance to mrt. If I am looking for a unit in the area, I will want to seriously consider one of these 3.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    You were trying to self-create a 3% absd rebate by negotiating for 3% less? Ha.
    I thought no one buying in the past 6 months for this condo.
    So can take my time to drag on the negotiation, but I was wrong!

So the lesson learnt is to have your ears in the market, know when demand starts to surge.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    I thought no one buying in the past 6 months for this condo.
    So can take my time to drag on the negotiation, but I was wrong!

So the lesson learnt is to have your ears in the market, know when demand starts to surge.

DKSG
    You've been frequenting this forum and some of the members were already giving out some early signs. Especially with the announcement of SH impending launch back then. The interest was reignited back then.

Know of people looking for resale after selling all their properties becos Dodd not want to pay rising rent.

Know of people looking for resale after selling all their properties becos Dodd not want to pay rising rent.
    Er... Do not wanna pay rent dont have to sell off all their property assets right? Whats the logic.... Just stay in one of them after the tenant vacate. Did you mean uncompleted properties?

Any info on the busy property weekend ?

I didnt go to any formal launches this weekend.

Only previews or those haven launched yet ones.

Responses are still strong for these.

One I saw, with only 75 units, on the first day people can submit chq to indicate interest, they got like 50+ chqs already !

I heard UP @ Robertson Quay sold nearly ALL 1 BRs!

Any updates from anyone ?

DKSG

Oh UP@R so many high ceiling premium 1 BR so fast sold out? dtrax just made a quote on one of the units by agents on the top floor.
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    Oh UP@R so many high ceiling premium 1 BR so fast sold out? dtrax just made a quote on one of the units by agents on the top floor.
    Dont know true or not.
    Hear agent say one. Sometimes to dont say the actual thing.
    Maybe they launched 5 units sold 3 ?! haha!

DKSG