Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: any newbie questions ??...

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Default any newbie questions ??...

hmm... today this forum very boring,...
    any newbie condo questions/problems pls throw here so that all the old birds/lau-jiow can answer....

(disclaimer: me no old-bird here hor... just a small fish swimming around…)

wait until i got 1 million cash, at least..
    then i can start shopping...

then me will seek advices from the many gurus here
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8

haha... then you can ask those gurus how to acheive the very first S$1Mil in ca$h...

me small fish no worth millions so cannot tell you anything...

I wanted to get a condo, preferably 999 year lease or freehold. However, I have an oustanding of HDB loan of 450k approximately.

My household income is around 7k++, and I have a disposable rental income of around 2.4k. Besides, I have 2 young infant children.

I have around 100-120kSGD cash savings, and I am eagerly and actively searching for a property for my family.

The places I have been scouting are:

1. Flamingo Valley - Siglap
    2. Trizon - Mt Sinai
    3. Glentree - Mt Sinai
    4. Ridgewood - Mt Sinai

or any possibly a good development in D15.

Please advise as I am worried I may miss the boat.

You should look at old fh resale. Not the new development.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I wanted to get a condo, preferably 999 year lease or freehold. However, I have an oustanding of HDB loan of 450k approximately.

My household income is around 7k++, and I have a disposable rental income of around 2.4k. Besides, I have 2 young infant children.

I have around 100-120kSGD cash savings, and I am eagerly and actively searching for a property for my family.

2. Trizon - Mt Sinai
    3. Glentree - Mt Sinai
    4. Ridgewood - Mt Sinai

2. Trizon - Mt Sinai
    3. Glentree - Mt Sinai
    4. Ridgewood - Mt Sinai

bro,... with my small fish small brain knowledge...

first hor,
    not fair for you to keep throwing questions to this forum... you need to answer some questions first...
    - your hdb had not completed the MOP yet... how to buy 2nd pte properties ?
    - still got 450K hdb loan, so 120K only enough for 300K condo (max 60% LTV for 2nd loan), how to buy FV ??..

second hor,
    by telling you this, me small fish sure kena bombarded by all the forumers here, and risk kena prosecuted by authorities... sigh.. sigh..
    - may be you can try the mainland chinese way...
    - in Beijing, couple fake divorce (but still stay together) just to get around with one house per family rule...
    - may be hdb can allow to leave the flat to your wife and 2-kids, without any forced acquired by hdb... after the divorce...
    - you then go buy your >S$1Mil dream condo (since you said your bank could loan you up to 90%)...

hmmm.... i think other gurus here can help you better... small fish's brain not powerful enough for this question...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    haha... then you can ask those gurus how to acheive the very first S$1Mil in ca$h...

me small fish no worth millions so cannot tell you anything...
    1. Gambling
    2. HSI Call or Put options or forex or commodities or futures trading with initial capital of 100k
    3. Marry a partner who has that $1mio
    4. Inheritance
    Ride at your own risk !!!

I am a newbie with CPF + CASH ard 450k household income 130k/year (with no outstanding loan) and find it hard to purchase a 999 or freehold under current price... I am quite doubtful with a household income of 7k++ should go for 1 now.

To purchase I don't think it would be an issue but to enjoy your life for the reamaining 20 years(prime)...I guess you will be slave to your property leh.

I am considering a Resale HDB better despite attempting to purchase one myself at the moment but everytime I think of how I would be asset rich(subjet to market condition also) and cash poor...I cannot tahan but HDB...I cannot buy now..as i got msia property under my wife's name which is still under master title and yet to be top...how to transfer name ar???

Any taikor can advise further based on their experience would be very much appreciated. 36yrs old this year...

Quote Originally Posted by crystech
    I am a newbie with CPF + CASH ard 450k household income 130k/year (with no outstanding loan) and find it hard to purchase a 999 or freehold under current price... I am quite doubtful with a household income of 7k++ should go for 1 now.

To purchase I don't think it would be an issue but to enjoy your life for the reamaining 20 years(prime)...I guess you will be slave to your property leh.

I am considering a Resale HDB better despite attempting to purchase one myself at the moment but everytime I think of how I would be asset rich(subjet to market condition also) and cash poor...I cannot tahan but HDB...I cannot buy now..as i got msia property under my wife's name which is still under master title and yet to be top...how to transfer name ar???

Any taikor can advise further based on their experience would be very much appreciated. 36yrs old this year...
    You are considered super high flyers already at this age, u mean u r renting?

wow... think you better check with some lawyers...

too cheem,... but may be can look into...
    - subsale your m'sia property
    - inject/transfer your m'sia property into a m'sia company entity, (company name under both you and your wife's name)
    - talk to HDB or MP, tell them you have a BUC in m'sia and promise to sell it within 6-months upon TOP, see if they allow you to buy HDB now.

and note if m'sia property is commercial property or land parcel not zoned for residential usage, you still can buy hdb here....

btw: Oooii... you people what newbie... i just checked the join date... me newest!! ...

Quote Originally Posted by roly8

It's good to read and understand the Singapore's housing law and regulation, and also how the loan, bank, HDB, CPF and cash work when you need to buy either HDB or private property, etc.

And also same time be aware of your own situation, so you know the time is right, you just strike straight away, not need to spend days and maybe even weeks to understand, and by time you understand, the market may already move far far away liow.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    You are considered super high flyers already at this age, u mean u r renting?
    Staying with parent now and cashed out my private recently.
    I am putting the cash back to property of course else it would eventually eaten up by inflation. Question is HDB or PTE. I am considering HDB and I probably can work as hobby liao. Stuck with msia property issue....
    Should I inform HDB on the mentioned Property which is still under contruction and not even strata yet..Master title.....+_+

Need lawyer advise from msia liao....

Alternatively...Slave for the next 20 yrs and get a LH or 999 or Freehold but...this would be my last last choice..

wow... think you better check with some lawyers...

too cheem,... but may be can look into...
    - subsale your m'sia property
    - inject/transfer your m'sia property into a m'sia company entity, (company name under both you and your wife's name)
    - talk to HDB or MP, tell them you have a BUC in m'sia and promise to sell it within 6-months upon TOP, see if they allow you to buy HDB now.

and note if m'sia property is commercial property or land parcel not zoned for residential usage, you still can buy hdb here....

btw: Oooii... you people what newbie... i just checked the join date... me newest!! ...

Joined long time back but 14 posts...newbies..for sure in term of market exposure...I usually go for own stay nia..but start to think or trying to think more wise now le..

Staying with parent now and cashed out my private recently.
    I am putting the cash back to property of course else it would eventually eaten up by inflation. Question is HDB or PTE. I am considering HDB and I probably can work as hobby liao. Stuck with msia property issue....
    Should I inform HDB on the mentioned Property which is still under contruction and not even strata yet..Master title.....+_+

Need lawyer advise from msia liao....

Alternatively...Slave for the next 20 yrs and get a LH or 999 or Freehold but...this would be my last last choice..
    u mean with 450k cash + cpf, you can go into semi-retirement?? I am sure you do not have kids right? why not one small HDB and one MM after MOP ??

Joined long time back but 14 posts...newbies..for sure in term of market exposure...I usually go for own stay nia..but start to think or trying to think more wise now le..
    bro,... if i were you... i will die die find all way to transfer of m'sia property, and hoot a big big dual key EC (if can no longer tahan sold ex-PC high and need buy back at even higher now)...

anyway, you got a wide choice of HDB-EA, EC or PC... no housing headache..

HDB-EA will be a good choice, 130-160sqm... d@mn shiok !!....

2. Trizon - Mt Sinai
    3. Glentree - Mt Sinai
    4. Ridgewood - Mt Sinai

can try the marq, I heard they might be selling the guardhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    u mean with 450k cash + cpf, you can go into semi-retirement?? I am sure you do not have kids right? why not one small HDB and one MM after MOP ??
    No , not what I mean. I mean I don't have to work like slave for my remaining prime to service my housing loan.

Getting a HDB(Big big type) I think even if I lose my current job...I can chin chai chin chai find a job I like and still able to service the loan with ease.

With my current income and interest rate...obtaining a loan is not too difficult but don't feel like being a slave anymore. I probably will leverage when the time is right. Right now is to fight inflation only so at least must get something while the remaining cash to go into some useful investment like getting some Bluechip stocks for dividends etc? Any advise are welcome as we are all learning to be finanical indenpendent or free

bro,... if i were you... i will die die find all way to transfer of m'sia property, and hoot a big big dual key EC (if can no longer tahan sold ex-PC high and need buy back at even higher now)...

anyway, you got a wide choice of HDB-EA, EC or PC... no housing headache..

HDB-EA will be a good choice, 130-160sqm... d@mn shiok !!....
    Yea...EA / EM...shiok shiok! Trying to get my msia property issue resolved...fainted...Backside itchy go purchase 1 at JB under wife's name (SHE is PR from msia) now want to move back HDB so leh chey....best..is dunno how to subsale as it is under Master Title else I have many Sister in laws to transfer name..

hi all gurus,

thx bro ikan bilis for ur offer.

in light of downturn (potential) in most parts of the world, i'd be keen to hear ur opinions so we can consider our next move.

- wife n myself in our mid/late-30s;
    - 5-yr MOP for HDB (fully-paid in 2009) coming up in Aug 2012;
    - combined dual-income of ard SGD300k p.a.;
    - cash + CPF of ard SGD600k.

- we are considering buying a PC for own stay (>= 1000sf);
    - advice from family/ frnds to hold on to HDB till new policy forbids;
    - if we buy this yr, and mkt corrects/ crashes, we would like to have the option of buying another for investment/ self-stay at a distressed price to partially off-set the drop in value of 2nd property;
    - wife is of the opinion of just buy since we're not over-stretched, whereas i'm thinking of the potential correction in the 2013/2014...

so, how shld we play this property game?

thx in advance for sharing ur ideas/ comments.

hmm... today this forum very boring,...
    any newbie condo questions/problems pls throw here so that all the old birds/lau-jiow can answer....

(disclaimer: me no old-bird here hor... just a small fish swimming around…)

Quote Originally Posted by Pug
    hi all gurus,

in light of downturn (potential) in most parts of the world, i'd be keen to hear ur opinions so we can consider our next move.

- if we buy this yr, and mkt corrects/ crashes, we would like to have the option of buying another for investment/ self-stay at a distressed price to partially off-set the drop in value of 2nd property;
    - wife is of the opinion of just buy since we're not over-stretched, whereas i'm thinking of the potential correction in the 2013/2014...

haha... me better shut-up liow...
    and note ikanbilis=small fish...

need to wait for rich guys like that Toy-Bear, CCR, devil-property-agent to talk to you...

Keep your HDB and buy a landed property when there is really a correction.
    hi all gurus,

With your strong income, ability to pay off the hdb in 5 years, and still with huge cpf+ cash saving, you chose to buy a hdb during the golden period at 2006-07. How do you end up in this situation?

hi all gurus,

If you are 36 years old, time is on your side, you may just buy anything that has greater capital appreciation.

put 20% downpayment, stretch the loan tenure to the max. duo key project is a good option for you.

If market is on your side, you may realised that you can retire early and receive passive income.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    With your strong income, ability to pay off the hdb in 5 years, and still with huge cpf+ cash saving, you chose to buy a hdb during the golden period at 2006-07. How do you end up in this situation?
    Bro, there are many who receive good paying job but nvr read ppty news or simply not keen. a roof on their head is simply what they need and they are adverse risk taker.

bro u're too humble...

i have zero experience in buying private property, so when time permits i'll logon to read and learn from other members' opinions and experience. i'm sure you have valuable advice to share.

haha... me better shut-up liow...
    and note ikanbilis=small fish...

need to wait for rich guys like that Toy-Bear, CCR, devil-property-agent to talk to you...

thx for ur suggeation bro.

we toyed with the idea of a landed pty, but feel we'll be biting more than we can chew. chances are our next home will be a condo/ apt if we do get something. landed... feels/ sounds outta reach for the next couple of years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Keep your HDB and buy a landed property when there is really a correction.

Landed is limited while condos are plenty. 2-3 million landed should be reasonable for a family of 4. I understand it also depends on how secure is the household income, ie. how recession proof.
    thx for ur suggeation bro.

we toyed with the idea of a landed pty, but feel we'll be biting more than we can chew. chances are our next home will be a condo/ apt if we do get something. landed... feels/ sounds outta reach for the next couple of years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Bro, there are many who receive good paying job but nvr read ppty news or simply not keen. a roof on their head is simply what they need and they are adverse risk taker.
    I am not doubting him. Just commenting. I also have a friend in this profile. But luck is on his side to move from the far far away pc to city fringe pc for his child primary school.

hi all gurus,

before all those cooling measures, you can strike rich fairly easily. If it is before Aug 2010, you can sell away yr HDB and downgrade to a resale HDB and loan up to the max.

with 600K + 300k = 900k of cpf/cash, can hoot 6 units of FH mm around 500k each at 10% downpayment. You could rent out 2.5k pa month which translate to around 5% net rental yield. Monthly Installement is about 1.3k for 30 years. Positive cash flow is $700 per month after deducting agent fee, tax etc...

nett passive income is $700 x 6 = $4,200 per month.
    on top of this you are seating on cap appreciation due to inflation and tenant are helping you to pay instalment.

Not so easy now.

we were looking ard for a resale HDB/ PC then, and i recall COV was quite high in 2005-07. we were lucky with the timing of events, as wife took a few months break b4 starting at her new coy. we applied as a single-income couple. didn't wanna pay the COV and decided to utilise my entitlement as a singaporean and get whatever we could brand new fr HDB.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk