Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 reasons why i do not like mm !!..

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Default 10 reasons why i do not like mm !!..

this forum is getting more and more boring !!...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 reasons why i do not like mm !!..
    1) too cramped, too suffocating to me, i cannot breath
    2) high psf of >1000psf, distorting the property market and indices, and feeding developers fat fat only.
    3) cheapskate and cutting corners unit: open concept kitchen, no yard, cannot fit in another small writing desk
    4) east/west facing units will have direct sunlight to every corner of mm (except toilet, ofcoz)
    5) condo estate usually has less facilities, no security guard
    6) wasting precious land; this one crapland's boss said one
    7) no bottom/support for price under adverse condition, might free fall haha... (2/3bdr condo will have price support from 4/5 rm hdb)
    8) encouraging singlehood, or couples to be childless; to me, mm is only good for one night stand...
    9) there are better ways to part my $$: shop/office/industrial space, blue chip shares or Reits
    10) you people keep doing that mickeymouse-talk and making this forum very sianz....

i only said i do not like mm hor, never ask you not to buy... so don;t flame me !!...

I agree with your point 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) too cramped, too suffocating to me, i cannot breath
    2) high psf of >1000psf, distorting the property market and indices, and feeding developers fat fat only.
    3) cheapskate and cutting corners unit: open concept kitchen, no yard, cannot fit in another small writing desk
    4) east/west facing units will have direct sunlight to every corner of mm (except toilet, ofcoz)
    5) condo estate usually has less facilities, no security guard
    6) wasting precious land; this one crapland's boss said one
    7) no bottom/support for price under adverse condition, might free fall haha... (2/3bdr condo will have price support from 4/5 rm hdb)
    8) encouraging singlehood, or couples to be childless; to me, mm is only good for one night stand...
    9) there are better ways to part my $$: shop/office/industrial space, blue chip shares or Reits
    10) you people keep doing that mickeymouse-talk and making this forum very sianz....

i only said i do not like mm hor, never ask you not to buy... so don;t flame me !!...

No flame, own opinion.

"The ikan bilis is small but all its organs are present."

Liked point 9, holding to some.

Enuff balance to buy 2 MM even with 60% ltv at work, but Bo keen.

Simply I don't get it, only devil plate get it cos he know my returns of my stalls and shphse. Yawnzzzzz

totally agree with point no 10...

people buy mm becos of affordability? tat why kbw says many have hdb address? dont flame me, just my 1cent analysis.

I for one think MM is a new lifestyle choice for the following:

Small family with baby and one kid
    Husband working salary at least 8k pm
    Stay home mum cook only dinner
    Rent out hdb so family income more than 10k
    No maid no car
    Want to eat decent breakfast n lunch within walking distance or max 15m mrt ride so living next to or on top of mrt is ideal
    Near office
    Near parent
    Near museum, arts center, events
    Near cafes, organic food suppliers

Need to say more?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I for one think MM is a new lifestyle choice for the following:

Small family with baby and one kid
    Husband working salary at least 8k pm
    Stay home mum cook only dinner
    Rent out hdb so family income more than 10k
    No maid no car
    Want to eat decent breakfast n lunch within walking distance or max 15m mrt ride so living next to or on top of mrt is ideal
    Near office
    Near parent
    Near museum, arts center, events
    Near cafes, organic food suppliers

Need to say more?
    Like you rightly pointed out. Families which are larger than 3 members simply cannot put up in a MM... unthinkable. Also, not good for cooking even if its just for dinner. The smoke fumes simply overwhelms the entire unit unless cooking is strictly restricted to microwave and steaming...

been living in a 980sqft 4rm hdb for my 30 yr of life..

i cannot tahan < 500sqft shoebox

got probia also

I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

You will be surprised how many are not having children and one kid is the norm for couple at 40y old

I have seen gays buying Mm too, two unmarried spr singles too

You will be surprised how many are not having children and one kid is the norm for couple at 40y old

Ya, I have a few friends who are not married. Most of them are already in their 50s and I know of a couple who is a retired lawyer and retired senior lecturers, they have no children and are staying in a 3 rooms HDB flat.

who call me???

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    who call me???
    Oooii !!... hello !!...
    you had been trying to find out who are the bachelor guys owning >1 mm here...
    were you trying to find out who your competitors are ??.. or were you looking for your "comrades" here ??... looking for a "marrying partner" here ??...

Oooii !!... hello !!...
    you had been trying to find out who are the bachelor guys owning >1 mm here...
    were you trying to find out who your competitors are ??.. or were you looking for your "comrades" here ??... looking for a "marrying partner" here ??...

ikan bro dun liddat la.... ok....

u bad... disturb me all the time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kie chiew! can try on kitchen top, sofa, bathroom, desk top, balcony....

10 reasons why I like MM : -

1) Space is consider good and optimize for me, not too small and not too luxurious, I don't need big space ....
    2) Price is affordable.....I don mind how much developer earn fat fat ........as long as I can get what I want.........
    3) Easy to tidy, I don need to spend too much time to tidy it up......save cleaning time and don need any maid........
    4) For MM, is as good as 4 or 5 star hotel room, since I have no problem stay at 5 star hotel for almost a year when on business trip, I don see any problem with MM
    5) MM unit have pool, gym, and gated and guarded, I feel more relax and secure
    6) Maintenance Cost is low - Since maintenance fees are based on the total square feet ......low electricity, low aircond, low low low....
    7) Allow me to live with less of everything - simplicity & economy- I don like to own too much thing, other than basic necessity///

8) I can try out different design easily whenever I feel like to do it......
    9) I have valid reason to reject any guests who try to tumpang sleep for a nights of 2 or 3
    10) I can enjoy privacy while still stay close to family..........

Again, this is my personal view, MM lovers, let us

different phase of your like need different house

Su Misura ... Like

Su Misura ... Like
    Wow, super like the mini island in the last photo .. am thinking of erecting one for my upcoming unit ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboxsupporter

1) Space is consider good and optimize for me, not too small and not too luxurious, I don't need big space ....
    2) Price is affordable.....I don mind how much developer earn fat fat ........as long as I can get what I want.........
    3) Easy to tidy, I don need to spend too much time to tidy it up......save cleaning time and don need any maid........
    4) For MM, is as good as 4 or 5 star hotel room, since I have no problem stay at 5 star hotel for almost a year when on business trip, I don see any problem with MM
    6) Maintenance Cost is low - Since maintenance fees are based on the total square feet ......low electricity, low aircond, low low low....
    7) Allow me to live with less of everything - simplicity & economy- I don like to own too much thing, other than basic necessity///

9) I have valid reason to reject any guests who try to tumpang sleep for a nights of 2 or 3

haha...

Affordability is still the main reason, the rest is just to support your main reason.

Unless you tell me you will choose to buy a MM instead of a 2 bedder, with everything else remain the same, including the price. Just an extreme example.

At least thats my case. I have been staying in 4/5 rooms HDB all these while, but frankly speaking, i hardly venture into my parents and sister's room. Its always my room, living and kitchen. So basically, its just the 500sqft i really need.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou
    ..............frankly speaking, i hardly venture into my parents and sister's room. Its always my room, living and kitchen. So basically, its just the 500sqft i really need.
    I cannot think of any good reason why you should go to your sister's room often if you are of the opposite gender, unless for some nefarious purposes.

Of cos not when shes not around, but we do have some heart to heart talk once in a while... Im not sure why your thinking is so screwed. Then again, thats y i mentioned i hardly go into their rooms. So what if you are staying in a 1000sqft hse when you bascially cover only half of it? Its just a mindset thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Wow, super like the mini island in the last photo .. am thinking of erecting one for my upcoming unit ...
    Nice to see but horrid to use... how to stretch your legs sia...

BTW why is the sofa 毛毛的?

Of cos not when shes not around, but we do have some heart to heart talk once in a while... Im not sure why your thinking is so screwed. Then again, thats y i mentioned i hardly go into their rooms. So what if you are staying in a 1000sqft hse when you bascially cover only half of it? Its just a mindset thing.
    When I was young me and sibling always play hide and seek in all corners of the house... haha... so we do 'utilize' the whole house.

But grown up, well, bedroom, dining, kitchen, living, toilet.

Like all your points from 1-10!

From point 2: Why pay for space you don't need? People from the new generations need much less space from people of yesteryears. Save the $ for lavish furnishings. Install 3 Plasma TVs on the wall to display sky view / sea view / green view if you just want to look at pretty space. Or plaster the wall with pretty wallpapers you can change with the season.

Govt win, developer win, we as buyers win. Even tenants looking for privacy and not so pricey apartments win.

Saving the money allows you to go for restaurant food every day if you so choose; allows you to save electricity from aircon to use on washer-dryer - no more bother about how and where to hang clothes.

Affordability is still the main reason, the rest is just to support your main reason.

Unless you tell me you will choose to buy a MM instead of a 2 bedder, with everything else remain the same, including the price. Just an extreme example.

At least thats my case. I have been staying in 4/5 rooms HDB all these while, but frankly speaking, i hardly venture into my parents and sister's room. Its always my room, living and kitchen. So basically, its just the 500sqft i really need.
    Your case reminds me of my time when I was still single staying with my parents in a 2 bedroom rented HDB flat. My brother, sister-in-law and their 2 daughters occupies the one and only bedroom. My father made use of part of the living hall to build another "so-called" bedroom for my mother and I. This "bedroom" can only put one single double-decker bed and a small cupboard. The "bedroom" was so small that when we entered the room, we could go straight to our bed without wasting our "leg energy", haha. Funny is, I had been living there for >20 yrs and never complain that the place was small, maybe the space was just nice for me, I only need a chair to sit and watched TV, a bed to sleep, a table for my meals and school homework (when I was still schooling), a toilet to do my daily "routine", kitchen was not so important to me at that time because my parents did all the cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Your case reminds me of my time when I was still single staying with my parents in a 2 bedroom rented HDB flat. My brother, sister-in-law and their 2 daughters occupies the one and only bedroom. My father made use of part of the living hall to build another "so-called" bedroom for my mother and I. This "bedroom" can only put one single double-decker bed and a small cupboard. The "bedroom" was so small that when we entered the room, we could go straight to our bed without wasting our "leg energy", haha. Funny is, I had been living there for >20 yrs and never complain that the place was small, maybe the space was just nice for me, I only need a chair to sit and watched TV, a bed to sleep, a table for my meals and school homework (when I was still schooling), a toilet to do my daily "routine", kitchen was not so important to me at that time because my parents did all the cooking.
    Iris sis, thanks for sharing your story, very heart-warming and sincere post

Default HDB studio

HDB studio apt is around 35-45sqm which is around 400-500sqft as well...
    Good for retirement, good for easy maintenance plus with condo facilities..

Quote Originally Posted by ccsee
    HDB studio apt is around 35-45sqm which is around 400-500sqft as well...
    Good for retirement, good for easy maintenance plus with condo facilities..
    I thought you mean HDB studio have facilities. Actually, they do... have special emergency system to alert neighbours if they need help.

I M N MM Lover