Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: All bros/sis who aiming for FH landed - FALL IN

Default All bros/sis who aiming for FH landed - FALL IN

This is my 6 monthly update.....SIANZZZZZZZZZ.....

Looks like prices NOT going to fall....BOTTOMLINE no 2 Million NO talk...

So How.... ..Multiple choice question..Pls answer 1...

1) Buy FH condo ground level/LH Cluster to feel like landed

2) Buy LH landed property

3) Keep on waiting and waiting

4) Forget the dream and BUY a PC/BIG HDB/MM

5) None of the above....(Please state ur plan)

My answer at the MOMENT...is no.....2

Hmm...been looking around looks like can get VERY decent/nicely done up
    LH landed about 15 years old...between 1.5 to 2Million....

Johor got many sea view FH landed waiting for you....

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    yup also a lot of people waiting to WELCOME you... ....drive your car in and come back take bus...

yea lor...
    no 2million no talk..

price nearly double over these few years..

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    This is my 6 monthly update.....SIANZZZZZZZZZ.....

Looks like prices NOT going to fall....BOTTOMLINE no 2 Million NO talk...

So How.... ..Multiple choice question..Pls answer 1...

look for low rise ground flr unit better(dun buy near bbq pit and pool liao)

die die wun touch 99lh landed for me

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    yea lor...
    no 2million no talk..

price nearly double over these few years..
    even ulu sembawang landed almost doubled since 2009....lol

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    look for low rise ground flr unit better(dun buy near bbq pit and pool liao)

die die wun touch 99lh landed for me
    any reason bro just curious

any reason bro just curious
    99lh landed owner r minorities......land decay till zero ....homeless govt aso dun care rite?

y ppl for go landed? primarily bcoz they want to own the land rite? den wats the pt of owning a 99lh land ?

99lh landed owner r minorities......land decay till zero ....homeless govt aso dun care rite?

y ppl for go landed? primarily bcoz they want to own the land rite? den wats the pt of owning a 99lh land ?
    ok..tks bro for sharing...my thinking is like....our "body" also 99 years LH...our "soul" is FH....so maybe can consider 99LH landed...

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    These will get pilfered if nobody is staying there! and that's why its so cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman
    These will get pilfered if nobody is staying there! and that's why its so cheap!
    end up all the FISHERMAN stay there...just joke bro..

i just got an email from an agent which i don't know who is who.... he has an intereting point of view.... share with you:

--------------------
    10% below market price! Semi-Detached For Sale - Jalan Punai (D14) B3089 sqft, L2820 sqft, Ask at $2.1Million Neg. OCBC Value $2.3Million‏

Dear all,

Although is 99 years leasehold but the POTENTIAL UPSIDE for this unit is fantastic, along the same stretch of the road, the FH is going for $3.2Mill, there is a gap of $1Mil, in future you want to sell, there is always a gap, and if people cannot afford the $3.8Mil, they will go for the $2.5 Mil. This is a beautiful unit with very good land size, regular & high Ceiling. I urge you to join in the viewing to see for yourself.

Move in condition, no noon sun, big car pouch can park 2 cars. Total 5+1 rooms + 5 toilets.

Just beside EU Habitat the townhouse is alrdy going for $4Mil, not this is a Landed at $2.1 Mil, what do u think abt the potential upside for this unit.

Every unit is unique and subjected to what is around that area... so that agent might just be right but unfortunately we can only guess...

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    i just got an email from an agent which i don't know who is who.... he has an intereting point of view.... share with you:

--------------------
    10% below market price! Semi-Detached For Sale - Jalan Punai (D14) B3089 sqft, L2820 sqft, Ask at $2.1Million Neg. OCBC Value $2.3Million‏

Dear all,

Although is 99 years leasehold but the POTENTIAL UPSIDE for this unit is fantastic, along the same stretch of the road, the FH is going for $3.2Mill, there is a gap of $1Mil, in future you want to sell, there is always a gap, and if people cannot afford the $3.8Mil, they will go for the $2.5 Mil. This is a beautiful unit with very good land size, regular & high Ceiling. I urge you to join in the viewing to see for yourself.

Move in condition, no noon sun, big car pouch can park 2 cars. Total 5+1 rooms + 5 toilets.

Just beside EU Habitat the townhouse is alrdy going for $4Mil, not this is a Landed at $2.1 Mil, what do u think abt the potential upside for this unit.
    If this is sooooo goooood, then why sell 10% below valuation? Negotiable some more... whahaha

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

bro,... i'm planning to change my hdb to FH resale 2bdr around hillview, near mrt, and rent out.
    Might consider LH99 resale near MRT 3bdr, it is much easier to find good units in LH99 than FH, bcoz just too little FH

anyway, now not a good time to enter or up leverage... so me only keep looking/preparing and tcss in this forum, and get myself updated with market news/sentiments...

bro,... if you die die want both FH and good unit, want investment value and shiok shiok for own staying hor... a bit hard lah... must search harder...

Hi radha08.....
    My advice to you is No 4.

However if you really really want to stay in landed FH, then why don't you consider selling away your HDB and add it with the proceeds of your sold condo, maybe you will find it more comfortable to get a FH landed for about 2.3- 2.5 mil? Wanna be my future neighbour?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Hi radha08.....
    My advice to you is No 4.

However if you really really want to stay in landed FH, then why don't you consider selling away your HDB and add it with the proceeds of your sold condo, maybe you will find it more comfortable to get a FH landed for about 2.3- 2.5 mil? Wanna be my future neighbour?
    Good advice from Buttercarp.

Both suggestions are good.

Personally, I only buy FH landed. LH landed has many downsides besides what the Devil has kindly pointed out, people buy them primarily because its cheaper than its nearby FH. Period.

Just a gentle reminder for those looking to buy a FH landed: In today's market, 2 Mil is the entry price of an original condition landed with a reasonable land size. You need to fork out at least 100-200k to refurbish it to an acceptable standard of living. For A&A, it will range from $250- $500 k. For rebuild, its 800-1mil. On top of that, one should be taking 50-60% loan on the land mortgage and a max of 50% for the construction loan, plus 3 years of mortgage payments based on 3.5% interest rate of spare cash as buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Personally, I only buy FH landed. LH landed has many downsides besides what the Devil has kindly pointed out, people buy them primarily because its cheaper than its nearby FH. Period.

Just a gentle reminder for those looking to buy a FH landed: In today's market, 2 Mil is the entry price of an original condition landed with a reasonable land size. You need to fork out at least 100-200k to refurbish it to an acceptable standard of living. For A&A, it will range from $250- $500 k. For rebuild, its 800-1mil. On top of that, one should be taking 50-60% loan on the land mortgage and a max of 50% for the construction loan, plus 3 years of mortgage payments based on 3.5% interest rate of spare cash as buffer.
    Good to know... thx dude!

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    If this is sooooo goooood, then why sell 10% below valuation? Negotiable some more... whahaha
    salesman's talk lah... but i felt his point quite interesting.
    of course he didn't and will never highlight the risk what will happen if this big house turns to 30-40 years old... who will pickup this hot potato.

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    salesman's talk lah... but i felt his point quite interesting.
    of course he didn't and will never highlight the risk what will happen if this big house turns to 30-40 years old... who will pickup this hot potato.
    for quick flipping can la

but 99lh landed drop the most during a downturn.....so only buy them during a recession.....den flip when economy recovers

jus like those old old 99lh condo....u see pearlbank.....

it goes to show bro bullman's pocket super deep deep

3yrs buffer at 3.5%....super conservative....but i like it

for quick flipping can la

but 99lh landed drop the most during a downturn.....so only buy them during a recession.....den flip when economy recovers

jus like those old old 99lh condo....u see pearlbank.....
    Older LH landed languishing.... look at Villa Verde, Loyang Villas....etc little upside.

If downturn, there are rich pickings everywhere, I wouldn't be trying to flip LH landed.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Older LH landed languishing.... look at Villa Verde, Loyang Villas....etc little upside.

If downturn, there are rich pickings everywhere, I wouldn't be trying to flip LH landed.
    if FH landed drop 20-30% but lh landed drop by 50-60% how? make sense to consider 99lh landed rite?

if FH landed drop 20-30% but lh landed drop by 50-60% how? make sense to consider 99lh landed rite?
    You were talking about flipping?... for flipping I may not take either ..it all depends.

But offhand I can say I wouldn't buy 99LH landed unless prices are so ridiculously low that I may buy it to lease it out as a foreign students' or workers' dormitry.

Bro, 2 if you want to stay, experience quality landed lifestyle without blowing a bigger hole in your pocket. Buy 999 or FH landed provided u want to pass on to next generation...

Once you stay in landed, you will finding parking in condo and taking lift to condo a hassle..., that how I feel. :

Assuming loan period of 30 years:

Just for rebuild alone, you need a capital cost of $8.3k per month. Plus interest rate of 3.5% on the 50% loan of $3mil, this adds another $4.3k. Add property, maintenance taxes, utilities and minor repairs etc, one month cost is around $14k+, definitely household income must be in the region of $30k+ per month...

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    You were talking about flipping?... for flipping I may not take either ..it all depends.

But offhand I can say I wouldn't buy 99LH landed unless prices are so ridiculously low that I may buy it to lease it out as a foreign students' or workers' dormitry.
    generally FH ppty be it condo/apts/landed, drop lesser during downturn and 99lh drop more (with exception of HDB) and 99LH landed drop the most (dun ask me for concrete data )

when economy picks up, anything also sell.....99lh landed. buyers aso consider jus like bro radha

yup also a lot of people waiting to WELCOME you... ....drive your car in and come back take bus...

go there in 1 piece but come back in a few pieces.....

it goes to show bro bullman's pocket super deep deep

3yrs buffer at 3.5%....super conservative....but i like it

hubby & me worked out our cashflow based on HL repayment at 3.5% for the next 30 years to be really sure that we can afford before we moved in for the purchase. on top of this I had other buffers around the figures. super duper conservative and kiasi.......