Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another sky habitat wannabe...

Default Another sky habitat wannabe...

This time in Jurong, bid price 705psf ppr!
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Boon+L...m+by+MCL+Land/

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Sky's the limit...

Wont be like SH. This one will have substantial % of MM.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    nothing new. we were all talking about it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    nothing new. we were all talking about it yesterday.
    Why MCL Land price so low for its Ripple Bay but bid so high price for Jurong Land ?

From H88.com.sg

Boon Lay Way site next to Jurong East MRT sees 12 bids with a top bid of $369m by MCL Land
    This wonderful site next to Jurong East MRT station was tensely fought, with 12 developers vying for the 99-year leasehold land parcel. The winner should be MCL Land, they inched past their closest rival by a mere $288,000 with their top bid of $369,388,000. See what happens when you don't put ''88' in your bid? Tsk tsk...
    The location of this condo is very very exciting. Not only is it next to the Jurong East MRT and Bus Interchange, we count five (yes five) shopping malls within a stone's throw - IMM, JCube, Westgate, JEM and Big Box. Not only that, this spot is part of the grand URA plan known as Jurong Gateway or Jurong Lake District. Can you see the potential?! The potential selling price? Find a chair and sit down first...

Given the total potential floor area of 523,879 sqft for this site, the cost price per unit based on the winning bid is a WHOPPING GIGANTIC TITANIC $705 psf ppr. That would mean a selling price of $1,200 to $1,300 psf. Wah piang eh! Or in internet-speak - OMFG! And we thought at $1,000 psf Lakefront Residences was already pushing the envelope. This new one would break the record for most expensive condo in Jurong! JURONG leh!

Well, is it worth it then? On paper yes. But we'll see in 9-12 months time when they launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboxsupporter
    Why MCL Land price so low for its Ripple Bay but bid so high price for Jurong Land ?
    Jurong supportor are chinese from china. These chinese are real genuine supportor for Jurong.

Jurong supportor are chinese from china. These chinese are real genuine supportor for Jurong.
    Not just PRCs, NRIs too. Then again they are everywhere these days.

OMG!!!

1. partially facing HDB
    2. partially facing hospital
    3. in front of a busy road
    4. the other side is busy mrt track
    5. and busy bus terminal

The price purely because of location near MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    Not just PRCs, NRIs too. Then again they are everywhere these days.

What is NRIs?

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    OMG!!!

1. partially facing HDB
    2. partially facing hospital
    3. in front of a busy road
    4. the other side is busy mrt track
    5. and busy bus terminal

The price purely because of location near MRT.
    nve mind if you put me at 50th floor....the world is below me.

True. Many PRC in e west.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpolkadot
    What is NRIs?
    non-resident indian - an india citizen living in another country.

Foreigners, once their mother land salary up until same or near here, they will go back.

Countries like China, getting rich fast, guess will be less from there.

India, sooner or later will follow China.

It's our neighbours , 10 yrs like 1 day, maybe even 100 yrs still the same, so will be longer here.

Jurong huat ah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    Jurong huat ah!!!
    In 30 years' time, every corner of Singapore will huat.

Foreigners, once their mother land salary up until same or near here, they will go back.

It's our neighbours , 10 yrs like 1 day, maybe even 100 yrs still the same, so will be longer here.
    They will just be replaced by another batch who are here to earn a pot of gold

poor engineer salary is between 5-10k pm in china.... in rmb. They are indeed rich but not everyone.

as the saying goes..rich are richer and poor are poorer.

http://www.gemini.com.hk/assets/doc/survey_china.pdf

poor engineer salary is between 5-10k pm in china.... in rmb. They are indeed rich but not everyone.

as the saying goes..rich are richer and poor are poorer.

http://www.gemini.com.hk/assets/doc/survey_china.pdf
    A grad in china earns start pay of about 1k sing per mth; A grad in sing (similar quality) earns 2.5k to 5k per mth. If we don't buck up, we have no future...

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman
    From H88.com.sg

Boon Lay Way site next to Jurong East MRT sees 12 bids with a top bid of $369m by MCL Land
    This wonderful site next to Jurong East MRT station was tensely fought, with 12 developers vying for the 99-year leasehold land parcel. The winner should be MCL Land, they inched past their closest rival by a mere $288,000 with their top bid of $369,388,000. See what happens when you don't put ''88' in your bid? Tsk tsk...
    The location of this condo is very very exciting. Not only is it next to the Jurong East MRT and Bus Interchange, we count five (yes five) shopping malls within a stone's throw - IMM, JCube, Westgate, JEM and Big Box. Not only that, this spot is part of the grand URA plan known as Jurong Gateway or Jurong Lake District. Can you see the potential?! The potential selling price? Find a chair and sit down first...

Given the total potential floor area of 523,879 sqft for this site, the cost price per unit based on the winning bid is a WHOPPING GIGANTIC TITANIC $705 psf ppr. That would mean a selling price of $1,200 to $1,300 psf. Wah piang eh! Or in internet-speak - OMFG! And we thought at $1,000 psf Lakefront Residences was already pushing the envelope. This new one would break the record for most expensive condo in Jurong! JURONG leh!

Well, is it worth it then? On paper yes. But we'll see in 9-12 months time when they launch.
    When caspian was launched at 600++psf, everyone tot it was dammed expensive and siow since surrounding was gg for 400++psf only.

Next came lakefront residences at 1100psf, again everyone say siow ah, ulu industrial jurong with smelly air and backwards infrastructure at that price.

Now is jurong gateway, again most would lament 1300++psf, really bo?!

MCL belongs to JM group which is part of HK Land. Would the hongkies made the mistake of overbidding or the astute HK business men know something that we don't?

Yesterday i go and view that area, super top area. IMM, Jurong Hospital, IBP, JE Mrt, bus intrchge , JCUBE, MND office and many more coming up. To me MCL land bid 705psf not high, I think when they lunch , sure long Q even @1300psf up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nman
    Yesterday i go and view that area, super top area. IMM, Jurong Hospital, IBP, JE Mrt, bus intrchge , JCUBE, MND office and many more coming up. To me MCL land bid 705psf not high, I think when they lunch , sure long Q even @1300psf up.
    Glad that you recce the area. Have been saying that for quite a while and not much of believer so far... Have to personally go there to see to believe how serious JLD story will be.

FYI, garment has already overhaul the Boon Lay Way over the past two years to ensure when JLD is ready to accommodate heavy traffic condition.

Roads have been renamed too.

Also, most new developments there have been given lesser time allowance for completion.

In 2 to 3 years, things will change alot at Jurong!
    I suspect 2013 master plan will mentioned JLD again.
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

high end developer wheelock properties who usually develop orchard properies actually came in to bid for this 99 years leasehold site @ 670psf attesting to the potential of this area.

Sounds v bullish indeed.

This development will be the crown jewel of the JLD that have a combined population of more than 1m. if MCL market it as a luxury apartment, for 1 and 2 bedder units, I think it will be $1500-1800 range , and it will be a sold out within days.

Quote Originally Posted by Poloclub
    This development will be the crown jewel of the JLD that have a combined population of more than 1m. if MCL market it as a luxury apartment, for 1 and 2 bedder units, I think it will be $1500-1800 range , and it will be a sold out within days.
    perception of luxury is usually when there are no hdbs around it. this one a bit tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Poloclub
    Compare to Watertown mm @ 1500psf, if mcl launches JLD @ 1500 psf, confirm a steal!

Yes, indeed a very location.

With MRT and bus interchange just beside, it will be sold well. Near hospital, don't think this is a good pulling point. JCube, nice ice-skating rink.

Below 1400psf I will definitely go pick up a unit there....

For one bedder here i guess 1450psf.