Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456712172227 ... LastLast

Thread: What would I do if I am yowetan?

Buy life insurance $1M cover each for aged parents and parents in law, then just wait for the day to become multi-millionaire?

Then use the money to fully pay for a landed.

If i were yowetan, i will ask my parents keep their HDB (cos i think they have done their part and duties to bring me up and educate me)... and i will find my own ways to pursue my own dreams, be it working harder, waiting for right opportunities and doing my own investments (with the risk only on myself and not on my parents)

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Instead of guessing whether I am a "he" or a "she", what about what would I do if I am yowetan...
    If i were Yowetan, i will not post anything in your thread hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Buy life insurance $1M cover each for aged parents and parents in law, then just wait for the day to become multi-millionaire?

Then use the money to fully pay for a landed.
    Next time your children will confirm buy insurance cover for you for $5M and make sure u die before u can encash your CPF!

Ren Zai Zuo, Tian Zai Kan!

DKSG

wah how come this become the ultimate yowetan bashing thread. I think we should just respect his decision. Since he already decided to hoot one at all cost n at all risk, I think it should be:

"What FH should I hoot with a 1.3mil budget" to better aid his decision

He had big dream, that commendable.
    if he were born few year earlier..his dream will have come true.
    let not be so cynical of him ....

Quote Originally Posted by Estella83
    Pray hard that parents n parents in law faster go heaven?
    They got life insurance?

To yowetan:
    1.3mil budget based on district 9,10,11,15,16 @ FH/999, your choices are very much limited for 3rm w/ min 110sqm. Drop me a PM if you are keen in the full list of caveats to aid your decision

If I were yowetan's wife, I would probably pack n leave.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Is he the cowboy of his family?

super like the smilie riding the horse...

Yowetan must b really proud bcoz so many millionaires here want to b him.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    They got life insurance?
    They got fully paid off hdb

Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    wah how come this become the ultimate yowetan bashing thread. I think we should just respect his decision.
    I saw his postings everywhere, people post back everywhere, so, just try to consolidate all into this thread.

My intention, these are not only yowetan's issues but very much social issues :

1. Like his parents, ppl like Ah Tan is counting on the Govt to take care of the old folks rather than the chidlren's responsibility.

2. keeping the parents' income, and no allowance or limited allowance to them

3. expect the parents to be free helper to do all the housework, and taking care of the children

4. very limited financial insurance protection for the parents

5. only self centre, thinking of upgrading even without means

6. not progressing well in the career and be contended...ie not competitive...and yet still saying, no risk of retrenchment....

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Yowetan must b really proud bcoz so many millionaires here want to b him.
    He is now very famous, second to Mr B

I saw his postings everywhere, people post back everywhere, so, just try to consolidate all into this thread.

My intention, these are not only yowetan's issues but very much social issues :

1. Like his parents, ppl like Ah Tan is counting on the Govt to take care of the old folks rather than the chidlren's responsibility.

2. keeping the parents' income, and no allowance or limited allowance to them

3. expect the parents to be free helper to do all the housework, and taking care of the children

4. very limited financial insurance protection for the parents

5. only self centre, thinking of upgrading even without means

6. not progressing well in the career and be contended...ie not competitive...and yet still saying, no risk of retrenchment....
    Ya at first I also see him no up with all the nonsense and desperate postings and with your above points.. but slowly and gradually his courage and "dream a dream" mentality overwhelm all odds until I respect his do or die mentality. Plus he already prepared for the worse for bankruptcy and so on. So in that case since he already overcome all odds and want to hoot his 1.3mil abode, i think we should just encourage him n give him the best recommendation for a 1.3mil FH condo

Ya at first I also see him no up with all the nonsense and desperate postings and with your above points.. but slowly and gradually his courage and "dream a dream" mentality overwhelm all odds until I respect his do or die mentality. Plus he already prepared for the worse for bankruptcy and so on. So in that case since he already overcome all odds and want to hoot his 1.3mil abode, i think we should just encourage him n give him the best recommendation for a 1.3mil FH condo
    I rather read him as indecisive due to his background.

He understands the market well and trying to buy way below market, this is dream the impossible dream as market is so transparent, and there is no stupid seller in the market.

U can check, when was his dream started. He could easier get one dream house within this budget at that time.

Dtrax : u have good source of info, perhaps u could assist him. But not me, simply I dun like the way he manages his parents.

I rather read him as indecisive due to his background.

He understands the market well and trying to buy way below market, this is dream the impossible dream as market is so transparent, and there is no stupid seller in the market.

U can check, when was his dream started. He could easier get one dream house within this budget at that time.

Dtrax : u have good source of info, perhaps u could assist him. But not me, simply I dun like the way he manages his parents.
    I did check for 1.3mil FH/999yrs D9,10,15,16 for >110sqm... all I can comment is it is damn hard unless he is willing to settle for old condos

He still own 450k for his Hdb, he use what to buy 1.3 m Fh condo?

I did check for 1.3mil FH/999yrs D9,10,15,16 for >110sqm... all I can comment is it is damn hard unless he is willing to settle for old condos
    He likes FV and Trizon...so u know what is he looking at....
    brand new condo or landed in D10

yes that's why i offered a personal community service to him if he is keen. brand new D10 mount sinai is close to impossible considering of his family size. The only closest potential is The Sierra

If I one month earn 3.5k like him, I will not come in here and start telling people I looking for Fh only..

It depends what his life objective is. But it seems to me mr yowetan wants to pursue condo as a status symbol and heavily buy a large quantum large psf property. Not calculative enough, see everybody have also want to have. But then again don't next month shout FH in another location.
    Affordable means small

I dun even know why I am reading this thread?!
    6 pages and the Subject has yet to post a single reply. When he finally comes, this thread is sure to reach 100 pages.

And I would still be wondering why I read all the 100 pages.

What is wrong with trying to leverage to get richer? All rich people get very rich because of leverage. He just need to know the risks, that is all.
    His mistake is to seek advise openly & attract bashing from those people who dread to see him get richer?
    $1.3m quite low budget Wah. Aim higher, the question should be: how to buy a $2m property & profit from capital appreciation & ultimately retire young.

wah how come this become the ultimate yowetan bashing thread. I think we should just respect his decision. Since he already decided to hoot one at all cost n at all risk, I think it should be:

"What FH should I hoot with a 1.3mil budget" to better aid his decision

Stay away from this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapping-bird
    He still own 450k for his Hdb, he use what to buy 1.3 m Fh condo?
    he works in bank doing operation. Ltv can be higher.

he is just another poor chap....trying very hard to make his dreams which is buried 3 levels deep inside another dream, turned into reality.

His 5-rm Ting Bahru HDB is probably worth 800K? His parents' fully-paid HDB where and how big? Possibly worth minimally 400K-600K? He probably got enough cash+CPF for 20% of 1.2-1.4 million? Just 5 years of milking his parents' HDB rental can accumulate 120K.....Using parents' HDB as collateral by including their names in the to-be purchase dream home, will probably stretch the quantum further.....but like what was pointed out....to squeeze all his family into the new condo....1.2-1.4M would not fit the budget, should be closer to 2Mil.....or maybe he plan to squeeze the old people in the store room....esp when the kids get older.