Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ridgewood or Allsworth

Default Ridgewood or Allsworth

This two development is pretty old, however it sits in D10 area and relatively near to Henry Park primary.

What are the chance(s) of them getting en-bloc as I intend to get either one of them as I have the intention to stay there, as well as avoiding unnecessary SSD penalty.

Please give all your inputs. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    This two development is pretty old, however it sits in D10 area and relatively near to Henry Park primary.

What are the chance(s) of them getting en-bloc as I intend to get either one of them as I have the intention to stay there, as well as avoiding unnecessary SSD penalty.

Ridgewood big piece of land too ex to enbloc...
    Allsworth park residents will not go enbloc.... as their current price is very high 1400psf.... must pay a lot to get them to enbloc..

The problem with units in that area including Pandan Valley is that there are not MRT and no action there.... I really like it there but I dont think there will be anything except gradual price appreciation

Great area to stay

I recommend u go get a EC or a mm at OCR.. Dont think of landed or Fh anymore for god sake.

I agree. Ridgewood is very unlikely to go en bloc in the near future. The last time they tried a few years ago, they only managed to garner less than 50% of the votes. Many of the residents there appreciate the spacious grounds. Even if they did get the required % of votes, it woul be too expensive for the developers to take on.

Dover MRT is accessible from the back of the development (I believe the walk is not too long).

I don't know about Allsworth Park.

Thanks all for the kind feedback in Mt Sinai area.

Yes, I agree totally that the area in Mt Sinai is really a nice place to stay in. It is really an conducive, inclusive and exclusive environment to live in.

I am just worried that if I am going to get a place to live, i.e. Ridgewood, and if announces shortly within the 4 years SSD, I will be victimise by the crude CM policy.

Ridgewood and allsworth are both spacious, however the former is really great piece of land. I have been scouting the place and admire the surroundings since last year.

I am about to commit into that area, and am wondering what could be the good psf for Ridgewood and/or allsworth park.

Please input your thoughts. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapping-bird
    I recommend u go get a EC or a mm at OCR.. Dont think of landed or Fh anymore for god sake.
    Thanks for the kind suggestion. I am only interested in FH/999 private property with minimum 3 bedrooms.

EC is not FH/999 and MM is inhuman to stay (quoted from CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by Trapping-bird

哈哈哈。好心给雷劈!
    人心不足蛇吞象。好高骛远。算了吧。
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Thanks for the kind suggestion. I am only interested in FH/999 private property with minimum 3 bedrooms.

EC is not FH/999 and MM is inhuman to stay (quoted from CDL)
    with a $1.3m budget for 3bedder guess OCR will be better fit for u...

should let him commit and bear any consequences if thing turn sour. afterall he should be mature and clever (unless he is really so immature and so stupid) enough to know the risk of putting his 2 families as bet to fulfil his unrealistic dream.
    maybe can pick his firesale at 50% when crisis struck.

ah tan, quick show yr steel ball and be brave to commit yr purchase and not wasting time asking for opinion

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    should let him commit and bear any consequences if thing turn sour. afterall he should be mature and clever (unless he is really so immature and so stupid) enough to know the risk of putting his 2 families as bet to fulfil his unrealistic dream.

ah tan, quick show yr steel ball and be brave to commit yr purchase and not wasting time asking for opinion
    Hi. I do not have steel balls but I do have the vision to own and live in D10 area.

I am currently working on it.

Because his children are going into Henry Park ... how to ask him to go OCR

This is typical Singkapoor (not poor in salary, but poor in judgement)

1. Die die must go Henry Park ... there are so many good primary schools in Singkapore ...e.g. Taonan

2. Die die must stay D9 / D10, what is wrong with D14 for example .. you have good school there too .... Kong Hwa

3. Die die must go freehold even if rental yield sucks big time and G7 economy is not going into the same growth rate again

4. Die die must buy big ... head not big enough want to wear big hat ... for God sake return the HDB to your parents and buy something smaller lah
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ay123

support.

ahtan, show your steel balls NOW!!!

I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Hi. I do not have steel balls but I do have the vision to own and live in D10 area.

I am currently working on it.
    wow like tat still not steel ball!!!! compare to u i only meat ball. but meat ball is bouncy that can bounce anywhere thats suitable. is more flexible than a steel ball

Bro, relax la...don't blow any blood vessels...

He won't buy la ...he only like to pair a couple of developments and ask for comparisons for kind hearted people like yourself to advice. Now D10, other times D15 but always FH and with many contraints.

Actually he's quite clever chap but wasting people good nature here by trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Because his children are going into Henry Park ... how to ask him to go OCR

This is typical Singkapoor (not poor in salary, but poor in judgement)

1. Die die must go Henry Park ... there are so many good primary schools in Singkapore ...e.g. Taonan

2. Die die must stay D9 / D10, what is wrong with D14 for example .. you have good school there too .... Kong Hwa

3. Die die must go freehold even if rental yield sucks big time and G7 economy is not going into the same growth rate again

4. Die die must buy big ... head not big enough want to wear big hat ... for God sake return the HDB to your parents and buy something smaller lah

aiyo, this Ah Tan, thinks big big, talks big big
    but act tiny tiny....

We are so busy in talking about him and at the same time, working so hard for him to advise him for nothing

He is a real NATO

Hey... can someone enlighten me why yowetan is being bashed? I want to know what was said that make many forummers so worked up....

ridgewood lowest ask is $1.85m, lowest caveat is $1.68m.

mr tan, if $1.6m will ur finances be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Bro, relax la...don't blow any blood vessels...

He won't buy la ...he only like to pair a couple of developments and ask for comparisons for kind hearted people like yourself to advice. Now D10, other times D15 but always FH and with many contraints.

Actually he's quite clever chap but wasting people good nature here by trolling.
    many old uncle & auntie here dunno yowetan have been trolling for months at condosingapore...

still keep feeding this troll and fall into the troll trap..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    ridgewood lowest ask is $1.85m, lowest caveat is $1.68m.

mr tan, if $1.6m will ur finances be ok?
    Hi...I think I will need to survey the said unit and relook into my finance sheet before committing a Yes to 1.6 mil price tag at the moment.

Do you happen to know if there is such a unit? Could you advise its psf? Thanks.

Can imagine him laughing with some of these kind people's advice.

But if you just do it as an academic/senario exercise, his 'perpetual difficult choice' is actually quite good/fun to think about. Even his contraints, which are very cleverly crafted.

That said - he sldn't troll. He sld just post as a hypothetical topic and ask forummers to contribute, like others here. This is more responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    many old uncle & auntie here dunno yowetan have been trolling for months at condosingapore...

still keep feeding this troll and fall into the troll trap..

But if you just do it as an academic/senario exercise, his 'perpetual difficult choice' is actually quite good/fun to think about. Even his contraints, which are very cleverly crafted.

That said - he sldn't troll. He sld just post as a hypothetical topic and ask forummers to contribute, like others here. This is more responsible.
    he is bored & nothing to do at his backend IT desk in the bank sector..

i can understand the misery of sitting down and wait for his miserable $3k paycheck every month...hoping to wack a 1.5million or more D10 property..

talk big but wallet so small... mr yowetan, go back & sleep la

he is bored & nothing to do at his backend IT desk in the bank sector..

i can understand the misery of sitting down and wait for his miserable $3k paycheck every month...hoping to wack a 1.5million or more D10 property..

talk big but wallet so small... mr yowetan, go back & sleep la
    I am not in IT desk nor work as backend IT support in bank.

I am clearing my leave to stay home with my newborn.

As far as I like to correct you, bank's backend IT are not as lowly paid as you mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    aiyo, this Ah Tan, thinks big big, talks big big
    but act tiny tiny....

We are so busy in talking about him and at the same time, working so hard for him to advise him for nothing

He is a real NATO
    We become Goondo Gurus?

I am not in IT desk nor work as backend IT support in bank.

I am clearing my leave to stay home with my newborn.

As far as I like to correct you, bank's backend IT are not as lowly paid as you mentioned above.
    but u are in back office lar. just not in IT.

and u are really quite lowly paid leh. how many yrs of experience do u have? if above 5 yrs, u shld be able to get a good pay jump on your next move. spend more time on your career (instead of hankering for your dream house) and u will see the latter realised sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    We become Goondo Gurus?
    unfortunately, yes..

So can someone please enlighten me what with yowetan? salary too low to buy 1.6m condo?

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    So can someone please enlighten me what with yowetan? salary too low to buy 1.6m condo?
    laguna went thru the crux.. the issue is not with the low income, but with him taking the rental income of his parent's hdb and then not giving them allowances and asking them to be free maid n babysitter. plus his social sin of not purchasing any insurance for his parents, believing that the govt will take care of his folks even if they have no $$ for medical bills. he said that's wad many foreigners are doing in singapore and he will take similar advantage of it.

so well, the perceived mistreatment of his parents (but to yowetan is just filial piety on a different stroke treatment), is the reason why most of the forumners here are up in arms.

not purely $$ in question.. but mainly morals and principles in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincegoh
    laguna went thru the crux.. the issue is not with the low income, but with him taking the rental income of his parent's hdb and then not giving them allowances and asking them to be free maid n babysitter. plus his social sin of not purchasing any insurance for his parents, believing that the govt will take care of his folks even if they have no $$ for medical bills. he said that's wad many foreigners are doing in singapore and he will take similar advantage of it.

so well, the perceived mistreatment of his parents (but to yowetan is just filial piety on a different stroke treatment), is the reason why most of the forumners here are up in arms.

not purely $$ in question.. but mainly morals and principles in question.
    Thank you for summarise the whole saga.

Thank you for summarise the whole saga.
    you got see last night sun wukong chn8 show or not?

unfilial son will get send to level 18 in hell
    kena torture until deep deep... make you very shiok..

you got see last night sun wukong chn8 show or not?

unfilial son will get send to level 18 in hell
    kena torture until deep deep... make you very shiok..

I am spending most of my time taking care of my newborn while surfing internet.

Filial piety definition is a very broad topic with wide variable spectrum. As I have had said, different people different notion different stroke of actions.