Thread: 鞋盒公寓仍有利益价值

Default 鞋盒公寓仍有利益价值

Basically a reader Ms Tan mentioned 3 main points in support of MM. One, investors with spare cash will be drawn to such. Two, due to policy singles below 35 cant buy hdb so may turn to this. Three, it provides good yield with low quantum.

Sorry, dunno why when opened the attachment orientation salah...

Its a Sony. Kekekeke

Yah, hdb is indirectly supporting MM market by restricting singles below 35 to buy a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    Basically a reader Ms Tan mentioned 3 main points in support of MM.

One, investors with spare cash will be drawn to such.

Two, due to policy singles below 35 cant buy hdb so may turn to this.

Three, it provides good yield with low quantum.
    Well said...

..sounds logical, generally there would be this class of single at 30 yrs of age,who may have worked 3-5 years or more but need to wait another 5 years before being eligible to buy HDB....They should have sufficient cash and cpf to forked out about 100K-200K for the 20%..and their income would have increased sufficiently to afford the installment....why wait another 5 years having to pay rent of say $1K to share with someone or to continue staying with parents and get nagged at all the time?..or if they are willing to stay at home, they are putting their money to work and to hedge future increase in prices.

Wonder if the govt is more concern about MM peprpetuating Singlehood in the long run......

And here we have the Oxley boss defending his MMs, with a not so subtle dig at Capland's Sky Habitat

Oxley Holdings Chief Ching Chiat Kwong has defended shoebox apartments, following a comment by CapitaLand’s CEO Liew Mun Leong that such units are ‘almost inhuman’.

“Tell me what is more inhuman? Giving a young person an opportunity to buy an affordable first apartment in a good location, or making people cough up S$1,700 psf for a 99-year leasehold residential unit in the suburbs or HDB townships?”

The developer has been actively building shoebox projects throughout Singapore.

However, recent debates on shoebox units have sparked a lot of controversy.

Liew said: “I am dead against shoebox developments,” adding that the government should restrict growing demand for these housing types. “Singapore's land is very precious and you are wasting your scarce resources (by building shoebox apartments).”

“It's almost inhuman, it's not good for the welfare of the family to feel that constrained,” noted Liew.

Meanwhile, the government’s concern is that the number of shoebox units is growing too quickly, with private home sales surging to a near three-year high, setting a record for units purchased below 500 sq ft.

Ching countered that “when a young man or woman leaves the parent's home for the first time, they want a nice affordable pad which provides adequate personal space”.

“This is a first purchase. In time, they will upgrade, as they get married, and have children. But they can leverage on this first purchase to upgrade to a larger unit. Tell me, what is inhuman about that?”

Oops, just realised that it was already posted yesterday... Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by BV
    And here we have the Oxley boss defending his MMs, with a not so subtle dig at Capland's Sky Habitat

Oxley Holdings Chief Ching Chiat Kwong has defended shoebox apartments, following a comment by CapitaLand’s CEO Liew Mun Leong that such units are ‘almost inhuman’.

Oops, just realised that it was already posted yesterday... Sorry
    No sweat. This one is nice to read EVERYday.

“Tell me what is more inhuman? Giving a young person an opportunity to buy an affordable first apartment in a good location, or making people cough up S$1,700 psf for a 99-year leasehold residential unit in the suburbs or HDB townships?”

The developer has been actively building shoebox projects throughout Singapore.

However, recent debates on shoebox units have sparked a lot of controversy.

Liew said: “I am dead against shoebox developments,” adding that the government should restrict growing demand for these housing types. “Singapore's land is very precious and you are wasting your scarce resources (by building shoebox apartments).”

“It's almost inhuman, it's not good for the welfare of the family to feel that constrained,” noted Liew.

Meanwhile, the government’s concern is that the number of shoebox units is growing too quickly, with private home sales surging to a near three-year high, setting a record for units purchased below 500 sq ft.

Ching countered that “when a young man or woman leaves the parent's home for the first time, they want a nice affordable pad which provides adequate personal space”.

“This is a first purchase. In time, they will upgrade, as they get married, and have children. But they can leverage on this first purchase to upgrade to a larger unit. Tell me, what is inhuman about that?”

While I am vested personally in a MM, I feel that this guy talks sense. I have many friends who have told me personally that they prefer a MM in a good location than a too-big-for-them 3 roomer in a far flung location. Note - many of my friends are either single or attached but don't plan to have kids...
    I am rich in debts...

五十步笑百步

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    ..sounds logical, generally there would be this class of single at 30 yrs of age,who may have worked 3-5 years or more but need to wait another 5 years before being eligible to buy HDB....They should have sufficient cash and cpf to forked out about 100K-200K for the 20%..and their income would have increased sufficiently to afford the installment....why wait another 5 years having to pay rent of say $1K to share with someone or to continue staying with parents and get nagged at all the time?..or if they are willing to stay at home, they are putting their money to work and to hedge future increase in prices.

Wonder if the govt is more concern about MM peprpetuating Singlehood in the long run......
    Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    While I am vested personally in a MM, I feel that this guy talks sense. I have many friends who have told me personally that they prefer a MM in a good location than a too-big-for-them 3 roomer in a far flung location. Note - many of my friends are either single or attached but don't plan to have kids...
    Exactly... Vested for these reasons.

mm can also encourage procreation?

MMs are also result of garment's CMs.... lower LTV + ABSD = less buying power = lower quantum = smaller units = shrinking MMs....

blame who?