Thread: For Regulators

Default For Regulators

eh bro your inbox full. in response,

i will not recommend iskandar or johor waterfront property at this stage - it is very easy to buy but is hard to sell. security even within gated
    communities in johor is suspect. i had one horizon hills cluster and i still have one link. i bought the cluster at 350rm and the link at 180rm, sold the cluster and retained the link as the govt changed the rules just before TOP where i can only sell to locals. renting out now to a danish couple working in tuas. they got burglarized 2x last year, and his wife was robbed while pumping petrol just outside the estate. huge huge security problem.

. kl is facing deurbanization due to traffic and political problems in city center. the rich chinese are divesting kl, and going into subang - hot play right now. pj and bangsar/damansara are overpriced.

i would wait. if you wanna buy, go try and get your hands on felda land through a SIV

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo

i will not recommend iskandar or johor waterfront property at this stage - it is very easy to buy but is hard to sell. security even within gated
    communities in johor is suspect. i had one horizon hills cluster and i still have one link. i bought the cluster at 350rm and the link at 180rm, sold the cluster and retained the link as the govt changed the rules just before TOP where i can only sell to locals. renting out now to a danish couple working in tuas. they got burglarized 2x last year, and his wife was robbed while pumping petrol just outside the estate. huge huge security problem.
    My car kena smashed window and they stole my things. Parked at Bukit Indah, near to police station. Happened when i was away for less than 1 hour.

Went to police... they didn't do much. Only showed me photos of other victims, I thought they targeted only continental cars but also other cars.

Better use the money to buy properties in JKT or Bali.

Sounds really bad

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Sounds really bad
    One of my malaysian relative also can get robbed in broad daylight at the trafficlight stop.. the robber on bike saw the coach bag in backseat, jitao break car window -> smash window screen and robbed, its damn wfwt

I cant emphasis how unsafe in MY even in urban city.. home sweet home still da best

bro gfoo, what is SIV?

My frn NS hwy, near JB, some robbers throw a big piece of wood try to stop the car.
    My frn ran over it, and had a bad accident.....

scary

we drove up Malaysia for hols n park at open space carpark dat has a security guard post n we park near there .. supposed to have guards patrolling too .. next day discovered car window got smashed .. gps, sunglasses etc all stolen

wah kao!

i cna't believe it...
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by extremme
    we drove up Malaysia for hols n park at open space carpark dat has a security guard post n we park near there .. supposed to have guards patrolling too .. next day discovered car window got smashed .. gps, sunglasses etc all stolen
    It's the security guard who did it

could be the guards... they were patrolling to see which car to break into.

Quote Originally Posted by extremme

Next time go JB I recommend this type of car because unlikely anyone will attempt to steal the content inside:

http://leonefabre.blogspot.sg/2010_08_01_archive.html

I thought, not too long ago, they are ranked one of the most safe city in Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    bro gfoo, what is SIV?
    Special Investment Vehicle??
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    I thought, not too long ago, they are ranked one of the most safe city in Asia?
    Really? That's truly utterly unbelievable. Must be Kelong United...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Special Investment Vehicle??

If not wrong felda land is the land given buy the government to the native. ermm... special investment vehicle is the one beside my pic?

Personally wouldn't buy iskandar unless for own stay/retirement....
    Would instead invest in prime KL or PJ areas... Much safer, and more liquid.

double post delete

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    could be the guards... they were patrolling to see which car to break into.
    It could be but we dun dare question coz we always drive up there.. wait we suspect e guard next time we go there it wun be smashed window but something worse. It was at genting n very foggy at night .. anyone could have done it.. but what perplexs me is why my car alarm nvr ring when window got smashed.. heng we put steering wheel lock... there were many more sg cars around us including much more exp cars.. think we just sway then

Didnt realise my inbox was full, just cleared it. Yes, foreigners can only buy properties above 500k now. security is always a big concern in johor, really a sad case, otherwise it is a good place for singaporeans to retire. i heard a lot of singaporeans have bought into the new township of setia indah, not sure how that area compares to horizon hills. Are gated and guarded compounds safe? Will check out subang and a friend advised me to look into the new township of shah alam.

. kl is facing deurbanization due to traffic and political problems in city center. the rich chinese are divesting kl, and going into subang - hot play right now. pj and bangsar/damansara are overpriced.

i would wait. if you wanna buy, go try and get your hands on felda land through a SIV

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Didnt realise my inbox was full, just cleared it. Yes, foreigners can only buy properties above 500k now. security is always a big concern in johor, really a sad case, otherwise it is a good place for singaporeans to retire. i heard a lot of singaporeans have bought into the new township of setia indah, not sure how that area compares to horizon hills. Are gated and guarded compounds safe? Will check out subang and a friend advised me to look into the new township of shah alam.
    yeah we have a soho office at empire subang jaya, really cheap a year or two ago coz it was literally a fire sale - the adjacent shopping mall had a gas blast levelling the place prior to TOP. no deaths though. shah alam not bad but too many malay housing projects still but got more potential. subang more munjens.

for same $$$ why don't you consider jeju island?

yeah we have a soho office at empire subang jaya, really cheap a year or two ago coz it was literally a fire sale - the adjacent shopping mall had a gas blast levelling the place prior to TOP. no deaths though. shah alam not bad but too many malay housing projects still but got more potential. subang more munjens.

for same $$$ why don't you consider jeju island?
    is that the south korea island?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Malaysian shopping malls beef up security after robberies
    Published on Jun 11, 2012
    http://www.straitstimes.com/PrimeNew...ry_809595.html

PETALING JAYA - Security measures in at least 10 shopping malls in Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya have been beefed up, following a recent spate of robberies targeting women, which have shocked Malaysians.

One of the most recent incidents took place last Monday, when a man with a parang accosted a shopping complex salesgirl as she walked towards her car in the outdoor parking lot at 10pm, a report in The Star newspaper said yesterday.

The robber shoved her into her car, directed her to drive to an ATM and withdraw money, after which he drove off with the car, leaving her by the roadside, Sin Chew Daily reported.

The girl, who was unhurt, was also robbed of her wallet and gold jewellery. Sin Chew identified the mall as The Curve in Petaling Jaya. The mall is located across the street from a large Ikea outlet.

Two other robberies took place at the same mall in the last week of last month - one in the basement carpark, the other near the lift on the second floor.

The incidents have raised widespread concern, with Petaling Jaya mayor Roslan Sakiman calling for 'a concerted and coordinated effort to adopt anti-crime measures'.

Women's groups, too, are demanding immediate action.

Selangor's police chief, Deputy Commissioner Tun Hisan Tun Hamzah, has directed district and station heads to work closely with shopping mall security management and review existing measures. Police will also advise the malls on safety preparedness, he said.

'Private security personnel hired by these shopping malls must also be trained to respond effectively and this can only be done through proper drills,' he told The Star.

He said the police will organise campaigns to raise awareness on personal safety because 'know-ledge is the key to avoid becoming a victim'.

Datuk Tun Hisan suggested the number of guards at parking areas be increased and foot patrols be carried out more frequently.

A check with the managements of more than 10 shopping malls in the Klang Valley by Bukit Bintang and Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre Tourism Association chairman Joyce Yap revealed that they have already taken some safety measures.

They have increased the number of security guards and directed them to make more frequent patrols at carparks, she said. 'Some also provide a service to accompany shoppers to their cars,' she told The Star.

All Women's Action Society Malaysia president Ho Yoke Lin said the problem of 'unsafe public spaces' is something many women in the country face regularly. Ms Ho said that most, if not all, carpark operators insist that parking on their premises is at the users' risk.

'Thus, the burden of responsibility for the safety of a carpark is not placed on its operator, but on the users,' she said.

THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever
    Really? That's truly utterly unbelievable. Must be Kelong United...
    Check out the link

http://www.nst.com.my/top-news/malay...e-asia-1.56908

Free one oso hv to consider whether worth risking your family lives to stay there, dun mention need to pay..this is like staying in Mexico city for the US folks.

Do buyers pay agents commission in malaysia and what percentage is the norm?

Singapore is not v safe also. Old folks kenna robbed in their homes. Taxi drivers got slashed. Some criminals caught by police got off w little punishment bcoz of _________ (fill in e blank)