Thread: Government Land Sales (GLS) Programme

Default Government Land Sales (GLS) Programme

http://app.mnd.gov.sg/Newsroom/NewsP...RA1=&RA2=&RA3=

Looks like there are many interesting plots

at JLD 2 mega plot at Jurong West next to Lakeshore, 1 Commerical plot next to IBP, and one hotel site..

The most interesting of all will be the plot next to SkyHabitat.
    i am sure capitaland will have to do all out to push up the price for this one.

Looks like the plots are eastern skewed again - many plots coming up in Punggol, Sengkang, Pasir Ris, Tampines. I think Capland got no choice but to bid up the price for the plot beside Sky Habitat - I think they cannot risk another developer getting the plot at a lower price and flooding another 700 units. And still got a few more plots there...

The plot next to Tanah Merah MRT is on stop of a small hill and has unblocked golf course and seaview towards south east ... beautiful!!!

The one next to Queenstown MRT also HOT HOT
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 13-06-12 at 13:18.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    The one next to Queenstown MRT also HOT HOT
    the old queenstown cinema!!

anyway, got so many govt land on sale ah!! jin scary
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

The Dairy Farm site is the one where our govt reduce the plot ratio when the residents complain right? Actually its a stupid complaint. There's no difference between 12 storeys or 24 storeys as those low-rise Dairy Farm condo will be blocked anyway. Might as well allow to build high and can sell high which will bring up the prices in the area as well. And the area surrounded by nature and so high floors will fetch premium. Only benefit will be less crowded if low plot ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    Agreed!

I notice some non EC plot are marketed by HDB, instead of URA. why so?

I thought HDB only deal with EC and HDB flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    The Dairy Farm site is the one where our govt reduce the plot ratio when the residents complain right? Actually its a stupid complaint. There's no difference between 12 storeys or 24 storeys as those low-rise Dairy Farm condo will be blocked anyway. Might as well allow to build high and can sell high which will bring up the prices in the area as well. And the area surrounded by nature and so high floors will fetch premium. Only benefit will be less crowded if low plot ratio.
    The hillview dairyfarm area is really overly congested, I am not sure the congestion in that area is going to get really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    the old queenstown cinema!!

Ever ask why gahment keep selling land leh ??

B'cos it is the best source of revenue .. and INCOME at zero cost ??

Why leh ??? Think about it !!

Not only that, the revenues from GLS don't even appear in our budget and disappear directly into some reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by alamak

Quote Originally Posted by alamak

beside what you just said, it is always the government responsibility to keep the construction companies going. And thats the reason why government always massive construction project during bad times. e.g. Changi T4.

The MRT construction and road diversion until 2015 lor. But by the time this thing completes, should be after 2015 liao when the MRT is up. The area is actually very low density, just that all the traffic from Bt Panjang, Woodlands, CCK etc just come through Upper Bukit Timah bah since public transportation in this area is not great and everyone drives. The site very near Hillview MRT station (and not many condos within walking distance of Hillview station), so should be quite attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Poloclub
    The hillview dairyfarm area is really overly congested, I am not sure the congestion in that area is going to get really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    The MRT construction and road diversion until 2015 lor. But by the time this thing completes, should be after 2015 liao when the MRT is up. The area is actually very low density, just that all the traffic from Bt Panjang, Woodlands, CCK etc just come through Upper Bukit Timah bah since public transportation in this area is not great and everyone drives. The site very near Hillview MRT station (and not many condos within walking distance of Hillview station), so should be quite attractive.
    I dont know much about MRT as I dont take public transport. but from my past experience of picking up my colleagues in that area, I always feel that road leading to that area is always very congested during peak hours.

The AMK plot looks interesting. Maybe a station along the Thomson line will be around there...

http://www.mnd.gov.sg/Resources/GLS_...12%20-CL10.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The AMK plot looks interesting. Maybe a station along the Thomson line will be around there...

http://www.mnd.gov.sg/Resources/GLS_...12%20-CL10.pdf
    either HDB, DBSS or EC .. 99yr only lor
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)