Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haus @ Serangoon Garden

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Can't see the balloons anymore, what haapen to them
    Blown away by the thunderstorms haa haa....

99Lh landed is a no-no for me. There are enough precedence for you to see how happens to the property value once the lease term runs down. There are 99LH landed with like 10 years left today only worth $100k which is the PV of future rental collections. You can go propertyguru to take a look and govt has not qualms of chasing you away once the lease term is up.

Theoretically 99LH condo should suffer the same fate as well. Just that there are no precedence to "scare" people yet. also there is a chance of plot intensification which means can partly offset the lease depreciation. But for landed there is no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rodkee
    At $2.5M est for Haus @ Serangoon Garden, is it consider expensive?

5+1 actually there is additional Entertainment room can also be converted into 1 or 2 extra rooms, for luxurious end landed housing at $2.5M is it expensive?

I think it is either one can accept 99 years or FH only, other than that, I don't see anyone can find a new or proper refurnished A&A landed of such at this price? Even launches at Sembawang eg Shoreline 2 will cost you more than $2.4M each, why we have condo 99 years in Marina Bay costing $5M but we say 99 years leasehold landed of 3600-4500sqf expensive at Serangoon Garden?

Haus@Serangoon Garden speak out!!

So actually the best 99yr investment is still HDB. If ur flat too old, u get upgraded and upsized or even a new flat under SERS.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10329p....InProgress2012

either 100% sold out or launch cancelled hahahahahha

Maybe kana complained by drivers as source of distraction so no choice have to take down...

wa say....you can live so long eh...
    the main bulk of transaction vol are still those LH99. where got so many FH. what you say about the depreciation is not wrong if you stay for more than 30yrs...but if you stay landed for more than 30yrs, you might have to spend a few hundred K to rebuilt/recondition. It might be similar to the depreciation, i mean....

of course, if budget no constraint obviously ppl will go for FH in general. But where got so many ideal cases. be practical...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    99Lh landed is a no-no for me. There are enough precedence for you to see how happens to the property value once the lease term runs down. There are 99LH landed with like 10 years left today only worth $100k which is the PV of future rental collections. You can go propertyguru to take a look and govt has not qualms of chasing you away once the lease term is up.

Theoretically 99LH condo should suffer the same fate as well. Just that there are no precedence to "scare" people yet. also there is a chance of plot intensification which means can partly offset the lease depreciation. But for landed there is no such thing.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    So actually the best 99yr investment is still HDB. If ur flat too old, u get upgraded and upsized or even a new flat under SERS.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10329p....InProgress2012
    Wait long long....Donkey Years !

Haus only showcase furnishing mainly..

No model.. so buy by floorplans

Total ripoff. road is narrower than norm

The balloons are still there - 2 of them - 1 yellow and 1 orange.

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    That's encouraging. ST today say launch impending, w units fr 2.5mil .... Huat ah!

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    Hopefully lta don't see it as obstruction to traffic!

visit : CDL Haus @ Serangoon Garden Terrace Houses

Looks good but at this price, I think a FH landed is within range?

Default From BT today

Word in the market yesterday evening was that City Developments Ltd (CDL) and Hong Realty had moved 25 of 40 terrace houses released at the preview of Haus@Serangoon Garden yesterday. Prices range from $2.4 million to $2.7 million apiece for intermediate terrace houses, which will have land areas ranging from 1,615 sq ft to 1,914 sq ft and floor areas of 3,595-3,918 sq ft. Corner units cost more as they sit on bigger plots of 2,175-3,144 sq ft; their floor areas are 3,294-4,736 sq ft.

In all, Haus@Serangoon Garden will have 18 corner units and 79 intermediate terrace homes. All 97 units have two storeys, a basement and an attic.

The project has clinched the Building and Construction Authority's top-tier Green Mark Platinum award. The layout and orientation of the houses are designed to minimise heat gain and maximise natural ventilation from the sun-path and wind directions.

Each house also comes with a roof sky-light and open riser staircase that brings in more natural light into the centre of the house. Solar panels on the roof will help trim electricity bills for residents. Waste heat from the operation of the air-conditioners will be used to provide hot water in bathrooms.

And to boost buildability, resource efficiency and site productivity, pre-cast and pre-fabricated components will also be used widely during the project's construction.

Was over there yesterday. I have to stop visiting show flats. My assigned agent make me vomit blood! Don't want to get into details, just in case I choke on my own vomit and blood.

Anyway, quite a few SOLD signs on the model. I guess more like 20% sold, with lots of unreleased rows. Which is rubbish, cause the agent told me if I was really interested in the unreleased row, can still get it.

Anyway...the fittings seem to be rather good IMO, which was constantly highlighted to me to the point I wanted to vomit.

2.4X million for the unit nearest to the old folks home. 2.6-2.7m for the ones further in. The land is sloping down from the CTE to the existing landed homes.
    High ground near CTE, low ground near to existing landed homes. Not the best location obviously. Roads are narrow and only one road into the "estate".

If you got the $$ sure. But like everyone else highlighted. There are better deals elsewhere for better land lease and land size.

that means they hardly sold anything since BT reported 26% sold a few days ago?

i guess the theory that buyers are using this as some form of deferred payment probably lured the buyers there. have money to put 20% down and earn/save to pay the rest + loan while they build over the next few years. if buy resale landed, they have to fork out all the money now + reno/rebuild. that's a lot more cash outlay.

Quote Originally Posted by ocean80
    Wait long long....Donkey Years !
    lol aren't you living in a HDB with your parents yourself? think you mentioned that before. tsk

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ilgr
    lol aren't you living in a HDB with your parents yourself? think you mentioned that before. tsk
    That was already 5 years back.

So how are you now ilgr ?

You still living in that DOG condo ?

lol

Cheers !

Launching today, went there a few days back but they already selling...and 30 sold I think. But, this project looks more like a cluster than those normal terrace as the rooms are small except the master and the junior suite...

My opinion....finishing looks classy and nice though.

Again, pricing a bit exp, but they say going to increase price today...not sure if it is true, those interested can go look see...

They advertise in ST today, price starting 2.4mil. Seems like each have their own pool, so not cluster house?

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    They advertise in ST today, price starting 2.4mil. Seems like each have their own pool, so not cluster house?
    No not cluster. Landed titles...anyway to me no diff because this is leasehold and by the time u want to tear down something like that to rebuilt, probably more than 10yrs plus if not a bit wasteful...
    And if u have no intention to tear down and rebuilt or modify, landed or strata is not much diff, my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    No not cluster. Landed titles...anyway to me no diff because this is leasehold and by the time u want to tear down something like that to rebuilt, probably more than 10yrs plus if not a bit wasteful...
    And if u have no intention to tear down and rebuilt or modify, landed or strata is not much diff, my opinion.
    I think there's a one launching at Telok Kurau also landed, not too sure, looks gd, can't rem the name of the proj.

CDL's results statement says 49 out of 60 launched units sold.