View Poll Results: [Poll] Do you want NS12 to be built by 2015?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want it built! If you are Men in White! You better do it to get my vote!

36 66.67%
  • No. I want to end my miserable life in Singapore, e.g. falling off congested MRT platforms.

10 18.52%
  • Ehhh... Seriously, I don't care because I'm an elite and I stay in CCR like the President.

8 14.81%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Poll] MRT NS12 - Do you want it built by 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by LG168
    If built after YS condo, station completed, opening date may need to delay for few more year till more development there. so that the appropriate area is near to junction there, convinience for many public housing user.

This is possible... but i also believe that if NS12 confirmed, the GLS beside the tracks will be done in parallel and subsequently....

in 1 or 2 years time... 8CY, CR, Nautical, 1C, will be ready... plus the existing YS+YE and residents nearby + the BTO at sembawang CC... human traffic is ready!

if Dover station can open, i don't see why NS12 can't open.....
    Last edited by xemz127; 25-01-13 at 16:11.

Can someone explain to me how adding a station on an existing line help ease congestion on the trains To me its like adding an extra door to an already jammed packed bus.

I was actually hoping for the rumored North Shore Line to be built as it will definitely help prepare for the tens of thousand new residents in the Yishun BTO, DBSS, EC and PC developments.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyGuy72
    Can someone explain to me how adding a station on an existing line help ease congestion on the trains To me its like adding an extra door to an already jammed packed bus.

I was actually hoping for the rumored North Shore Line to be built as it will definitely help prepare for the tens of thousand new residents in the Yishun BTO, DBSS, EC and PC developments.

north costal line perhaps is not ripe to be announced yet.. but i believe it's in the pipeline... but maybe have to wait even longer...

haha it's not to ease the congestion on the "train"... but ease the congestion on the yishun "station"....

to ease the congestion on the "train"... decentralization must be done by Gov... by shifting some business or industry to north side... now it's clear that the congestion is due to single direction human traffic rush during morning and evening... morning to south evening to north..

Quote Originally Posted by xemz127
    haha bro888!!! still remember me har :P haha very busy on the work leh ... but i still keep myself updated about the development news lah.. jz no reply nia
    of coz. Great to have u back

1.Ease the congestion at Yishun platform, underpass etc.

2 Slowly & smoothly jam rather than bottlenecking at Yishun.

3.Easy access for residents/ workers nearby.

NSL, can write to MP FB, LTA, MOT & ST forum etc. North ppl need to go Changi Airport & East ppl need to go JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    1.Ease the congestion at Yishun platform, underpass etc.

2 Slowly & smoothly jam rather than bottlenecking at Yishun.

3.Easy access for residents/ workers nearby.

NSL, can write to MP FB, LTA, MOT & ST forum etc. North ppl need to go Changi Airport & East ppl need to go JB.
    4. To ease the bus/private car traffic when they need to drop off the ppl outside the MRT station during rush hours.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    4. To ease the bus/private car traffic when they need to drop off the ppl outside the MRT station during rush hours.
    This is also a very important consideration on the road rather than track alone. Yishun population will increase by 40%-50% or so. Can the roads be widened? Answer : NO. If yes, i chop.

i chop down the trees for them.

i chop down the trees for them.
    haha.. Gov already chop down many trees along the Yishun Ave 1 and land next to Yishun Park...

Yishun will get hotter soon..(i mean both property and weather)..

haha.. Gov already chop down many trees along the Yishun Ave 1 and land next to Yishun Park...

Yishun will get hotter soon..(i mean both property and weather)..
    whatever it is, get this NS12 done!

last weekend chinese newspaper did mention that North shore line is not forgotten, just that the traffic cannot substantiate yet. surprising statement becoz this means seletar aerohub will have no MRT in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    last weekend chinese newspaper did mention that North shore line is not forgotten, just that the traffic cannot substantiate yet. surprising statement becoz this means seletar aerohub will have no MRT in the foreseeable future.
    emm... how they know, by 2030, the traffic still not sustainable?

Every governments in the world estimate more ppl will need to access airport more as ppl will travel more by air...and we are talking about by 2030..

emm... how they know, by 2030, the traffic still not sustainable?

Every governments in the world estimate more ppl will need to access airport more as ppl will travel more by air...and we are talking about by 2030..
    ask LTA lor.. if they got the COE quota calculated wrongly, i am sure they can get other things wrong as well

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    ask LTA lor.. if they got the COE quota calculated wrongly, i am sure they can get other things wrong as well
    haha.. my point is: They simply give excuses...

Last time they built 2 LRT lines in Punggol. One line still not operating yet. This was claimed to save cost. So this was another wrong calculation too? with the NEL extended to punggol north, the line seem more redundant (at least, the stretch from current Punggol MRT to the new MRT)..

Folks, I am clueless where the NS12 is to be located. I thought the Simpang station add-on to NSL is for the New HDB Town to be built. Existing Khatib Station (opp empty plot) could be the interchange station for North Shore line skirting to Seletar Airport from lower Seletar area ?

Quote Originally Posted by myfirstpc
    Folks, I am clueless where the NS12 is to be located. I thought the Simpang station add-on to NSL is for the New HDB Town to be built. Existing Khatib Station (opp empty plot) could be the interchange station for North Shore line skirting to Seletar Airport from lower Seletar area ?
    north shore line wun materialise so soon. forget abt khatib.

simpang is near canberra residences / nautical.

Simple NS12 they can't afford liao, talk about North Shore Line still long way to go. North not much special since last decade, interm of MRT station less than other place, add in another station at least benefit for peoples staying near by. Let them more happy with..............

Road arrangement on the empty land between the possible NS12 and Simpang.

When checking the land lot. i found this interesting lot: MK19-01223L. This land's shape looked more like a river...So, the river-front living in 1-Canberra's advertisement can be realized in donggy years later?

Road arrangement on the empty land between the possible NS12 and Simpang.
    Some changes to that. 2 roads linking to Sembawang Rd. Same goes to 2 roads out to Canberra Link/ Ave 2.

When checking the land lot. i found this interesting lot: MK19-01223L. This land's shape looked more like a river...So, the river-front living in 1-Canberra's advertisement can be realized in donggy years later?
    After 2030. So this one doesn't interest me. By then in JB retirement village.

Some changes to that. 2 roads linking to Sembawang Rd. Same goes to 2 roads out to Canberra Link/ Ave 2.
    hehe!! i have captured the notice board of the empty land earthwork and clearence few months back.. could give some hints on the future canberra road arrangement..

Quote Originally Posted by xemz127
    hehe!! i have captured the notice board of the empty land earthwork and clearence few months back.. could give some hints on the future canberra road arrangement..
    Thanks for the pic bro. Paiseh, only 1 road access from Sembawang Rd instead of 2. Need to open my eyes bigger

Thanks for the pic bro. Paiseh, only 1 road access from Sembawang Rd instead of 2. Need to open my eyes bigger
    will built NS12 or not?

Quote Originally Posted by jbete
    will built NS12 or not?
    U believe me or not if i say they will announce by this year??

It is for the next generation... at least the longkang can transform into river...

There is a planned road from the Simpang to the Sembawang road.. this should be the original plan which linked to the SLE/TPE/CTE interchange.. However, this is just previous plan, all not fixed.

bro888!! hopefully by 2030 the sembawang park will be the northern coast business centre haha!!

http://www.mnd.gov.sg/landuseplan/jo...se_to_home.htm

Along the Sembawang coastline, new waterfront land will be freed up once we phase out existing shipyard facilities. This will also provide land for new business activities.

If you have noticed, the big plot slated half for industries & residential has been changed to purely residential in this latest land use plan. Sembawang N1.

If you have noticed, the big plot slated half for industries & residential has been changed to purely residential in this latest land use plan. Sembawang N1.

yeah true! if you didn't say i wouldn't have noticed that detailed as well

another sea of residential units.. wasted.. sigh!!!!