Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Hillside and Hillington Green

HT

Default The Hillside and Hillington Green

With crazy prices for new projects, and the lack of launches nowadays, thinking of looking into older developments for some value buys to stay....

Unregistered

Default Re: The Hillside and Hillington Green

I think the Hillside looks nicer than Hillington Green, plus location-wise there is really no comparison. The Hillside wins hands down!

The Hillside: D21, Freehold

Hillington Green: D23, 999 years

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    With crazy prices for new projects, and the lack of launches nowadays, thinking of looking into older developments for some value buys to stay....
    i agree. new projects are too expensive. have been looking at older developments myself and finally settled for a unit at avalon.

Hillside

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    Hi HT, I would choose Hillside of course! Looks very distinguished perched up there on the slope overlooking the road. More prominent than Hillington Green.

Hillside

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    i agree. new projects are too expensive. have been looking at older developments myself and finally settled for a unit at avalon.
    Hasn't the Avalon's prices run up as well? If I'm not wrong it's run up a fair bit already... Well, on the other hand its still cheaper than a new one in a comparable location. Congrats!

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside
    Hasn't the Avalon's prices run up as well? If I'm not wrong it's run up a fair bit already... Well, on the other hand its still cheaper than a new one in a comparable location. Congrats!
    thanks! yup, prices have gone up recently. wish i had taken notice of this place a year ago when prices were less than 1k psf. managed to get my unit under 1.4k psf in mar and prices are now hovering around 1500-1600psf. and definitely much, much cheaper than the new projects launched/launching in that vicinity.

btw, i have been to hillside some years back and find the place to have a very resorty air. it's a nice place to stay in. but the entrance is very hidden, always have to drive up slowly so that i don't miss it.

robinsonscentrepoint

I have a relative living at Hillington Green on one of the upper floors. It is very peaceful, the air smells great, and is well-maintained. Dunno about the other units but the one my relative lives in has a private lift lobby.

HT

Thanks for the feedback. These 2 are the more popular ones in the area.

Hillside is FH, so I think it does command higher premium than Hillington Green.

Will be looking out for ads on these this coming weekend. Last transacted price of these units were around 550-600psf on the www.condo.com.sg, though the deals were completed 2 mth's back. Seems reasonable if still around this price.
    Last edited by ht; 22-05-07 at 22:14.

Unregistered

Both these properties dont have very good amenities. The Linear is a gem in this regard. Stylish and well located. Its opposite future MRT and is currently very near Bkt Panjang Plaza and LRT. So, its really very convenient. prices there have really gone up tho.

HT

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Both these properties dont have very good amenities. The Linear is a gem in this regard. Stylish and well located. Its opposite future MRT and is currently very near Bkt Panjang Plaza and LRT. So, its really very convenient. prices there have really gone up tho.
    I have nothing against Linear buyers, I have visited a few times, the last time about 2 mths ago, in fact I almost wanted to get a unit about 18mths ago. Fortunately I did not.

While the design is unique and interior finishing is pretty nice, there are 2 key weaknesses : Facing; it is either the drain plus school or the main road plus western sun, plus the fact that Facilities are quite minimal, the pool is really too small for my liking. The development is pretty small.

I finally decided on the Infiniti in West Coast.

I could not believe that the Linear upped their price despite having so much problem selling off their units.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast