Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What so good & excited about jurong gateway?

Default What so good & excited about jurong gateway?

what i see is another few new malls & hospitals..

-_-
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8

-_-

More chio bu, perhaps?
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    More chio bu, perhaps?
    chio your head la

got alot of foreign girls for you to pick eh. china
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

-_-
    not enuff??

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    not enuff??
    too many malls around

i am alright with hospital though

too many malls around

i am alright with hospital though
    mall + commercial office space + hotels + hospital + existing IBP + F&B + family attractions + residential

Quote Originally Posted by Poloclub
    mall + commercial office space + hotels + hospital + existing IBP + F&B + family attractions + residential
    + all the pollution

ok....

very crowded

ok....

very crowded
    that can only be a good thing

chio your head la

got alot of foreign girls for you to pick eh. china
    Possible leh as there will be hotel near by... Hope H81 got it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Possible leh as there will be hotel near by... Hope H81 got it!!!!
    T&C of this hotel site will not be suitable for a typical H81 hotel.

T&C of this hotel site will not be suitable for a typical H81 hotel.
    Why not? Got insider info?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

No worry, with all the attractions, more people will live and work there and help to cleanse the polluted air with their lungs before the air gets diffuse outwards to other areas, making the air less polluted as they leave Jurong areas. Good news indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by House
    + all the pollution

-_-
    The west side has a virtual constricted neck around Jurong East. You can see this also from the distance between AYE and PIE, as compared to the rest of the island.

This is due to the Mindef restricted areas to the north west and the sea to the south. It is a physical constraint that restricts smooth traffic for people working in Jurong Island, Pioneer road and Tuas, which are still expanding. fact that NUS, NTU, SIM, NP, SP that are big tertiary institution that are also expanding helps a lot. PSA itself is also growing. To reduce travelling time, people will slowly gravitate towards Jurong East/Clementi.

A similar situation develops in the East. The Paya Lebar restricted area pushed activities towards the East coast. As not many people want to be pushed northwards towards Punggol and Pasir Ris in the past, the east becomes a narrow belt of development, thus pushing up the psf. Of course the attraction along the sea helps a lot too.

If Jurong East/Clementi were to develop further, the success will not be too far from the east coast belt.

the only thing exciting to investor like us is climbing rental and psf : )

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    If Jurong East/Clementi were to develop further, the success will not be too far from the east coast belt.
    current jurong east MRT already very crowded..

cannot imagine how it will be like when those new buildings pop out.

current jurong east MRT already very crowded..

cannot imagine how it will be like when those new buildings pop out.
    to reduce the ppl traffic at the JE mrt and surrounding, maybe next yr master plan they will announce circle line that link JE mrt, Jurong West (gek poh area), NTU, Tengah, etc...who knows...this could be a way to help reduce the congestion during peak hrs. look at the current mrt map and u will realise they need something like that for the 2nd CBD...

just my opinion....

Excellent analysis. I hope to spend my working life in this region, but definitely retire in the East or Northeast. The hussle is excellent for work but not leisure and retirement. My opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    The west side has a virtual constricted neck around Jurong East. You can see this also from the distance between AYE and PIE, as compared to the rest of the island.

This is due to the Mindef restricted areas to the north west and the sea to the south. It is a physical constraint that restricts smooth traffic for people working in Jurong Island, Pioneer road and Tuas, which are still expanding. fact that NUS, NTU, SIM, NP, SP that are big tertiary institution that are also expanding helps a lot. PSA itself is also growing. To reduce travelling time, people will slowly gravitate towards Jurong East/Clementi.

A similar situation develops in the East. The Paya Lebar restricted area pushed activities towards the East coast. As not many people want to be pushed northwards towards Punggol and Pasir Ris in the past, the east becomes a narrow belt of development, thus pushing up the psf. Of course the attraction along the sea helps a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    Excellent analysis. I hope to spend my working life in this region, but definitely retire in the East or Northeast. The hussle is excellent for work but not leisure and retirement. My opinions only.
    actually what kind of entertainment or leisure does the east has besides east coast, downtown east or changi airport?? and how often do we go to places like downtown east, etc? for retirement, maybe LCK might be a very peaceful place in future if they develop into a kampong town

most attractions are in the west or north west. Science Centre, Discovery centre, bird park, zoo, here also got west coast park so developing JLD is long overdue and it does make sense to have hotels here...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    actually what kind of entertainment or leisure does the east has besides east coast, downtown east or changi airport?? and how often do we go to places like downtown east, etc? for retirement, maybe LCK might be a very peaceful place in future if they develop into a kampong town

most attractions are in the west or north west. Science Centre, Discovery centre, bird park, zoo, here also got west coast park so developing JLD is long overdue and it does make sense to have hotels here...
    i believe you forgot to mention heavy industries, refineries, shipyards, drydocks, army bases, etc etc. i'm sure these make the western region more attractive than east coast. i'm also pretty confident that you visit the bird park, science centre, discovery centre almost every other month too.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    i believe you forgot to mention heavy industries, refineries, shipyards, drydocks, army bases, etc etc. i'm sure these make the western region more attractive than east coast. i'm also pretty confident that you visit the bird park, science centre, discovery centre almost every other month too.
    What heavy industry are you referring to?

The distant between jurong island to JLD is the same as Pulau Bukom to Sentosa.

Aviation and maritime pollution are just as bad and it is growing by the year. Have you ever smell those fumes from the aircraft before take off? have you consider all the fumes coming from those dirty bunker oil use by shipping vessel? And not to mention those seaview units in the east which is facing the ECP.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia

there is no beach in the west though. But west do have the best seaview, which is at Tuas south or raffles marina area.

What heavy industry are you referring to?

The distant between jurong island to JLD is the same as Pulau Bukom to Sentosa.

Aviation and maritime pollution are just as bad and it is growing by the year. Have you ever smell those fumes from the aircraft before take off? have you consider all the fumes coming from those dirty bunker oil use by shipping vessel? And not to mention those seaview units in the east which is facing the ECP.
    huh? there aren't heavy industries in Singapore or u don't know what heavy industries mean? Gul and Benoit is closer to JLD than east coast, period.

1. dirty bunker oil use by shipping vessel - i hope you are aware that our ports are all along the west coast. all things being equal, i would say a concentration of ships on the west coast is likely to make the air quality worse. before you differ, please go read up a module on environmental engineering
    2. fumes from aircraft - nope, i don't live on changi airport's tarmac, camp by changi beach or anywhere close enough to smell em'

huh? there aren't heavy industries in Singapore or u don't know what heavy industries mean? Gul and Benoit is closer to JLD than east coast, period.

1. dirty bunker oil use by shipping vessel - i hope you are aware that our ports are all along the west coast. all things being equal, i would say a concentration of ships on the west coast is likely to make the air quality worse. before you differ, please go read up a module on environmental engineering
    2. fumes from aircraft - nope, i don't live on changi airport's tarmac, camp by changi beach or anywhere close enough to smell em'
    I know there are many big factories along Gul and Benoi, but what exactly do you mean by heavy industry? A steel stockist is consider as heavy industry, but they dont emit toxic chemical.

yes ports are along tanjong pagar and west coast, but the vessels are all queuing along the east coast. If you look at the map on google earth, you can actually see more ships waiting along east coast than those docking at the port.

Air pollution from air craft can travel for many miles, you dont really need to be living in Changi to to effected by aviation pollution.

If you are living in the North or North East region, there will also be pollution coming from Pasir Gudang.

I know there are many big factories along Gul and Benoi, but what exactly do you mean by heavy industry? A steel stockist is consider as heavy industry, but they dont emit toxic chemical.

yes ports are along tanjong pagar and west coast, but the vessels are all queuing along the east coast. If you look at the map on google earth, you can actually see more ships waiting along east coast than those docking at the port.

Air pollution from air craft can travel for many miles, you dont really need to be living in Changi to to effected by aviation pollution.

If you are living in the North or North East region, there will also be pollution coming from Pasir Gudang.
    no need to talk about steel and ore. check out the smell from the all-time favorite cocoa factory in the west.

while i agree ships are all along the entire southern coast of the island, the concentration and distance makes a huge difference in terms of air quality.

having new malls ain't exciting to me. noise and crowd aren't my definition of a good quality of life.

having new malls ain't exciting to me. noise and crowd aren't my definition of a good quality of life.
    you are right to say that...it all voice down to personal preference....just like i would not pay for another 200-400k just because the condo is near to mrt... everyone has something that they look out for.

yea lor.

all these malls & expensive hospitals are to make $$ for sg govt one.

no need to talk about steel and ore. check out the smell from the all-time favorite cocoa factory in the west.

while i agree ships are all along the entire southern coast of the island, the concentration and distance makes a huge difference in terms of air quality.

The distant between the chocolate factory to JLD is around 3+km, while the shipping vessel along east coast to the shoreline is around 1.5km.

Chocolate doesnt emitt harmful gas, but shipping liner does.

Mall or no Mall, thats up to individual, but from property investment point of view, that can only be a good thing.

The distant between the chocolate factory to JLD is around 3+km, while the shipping vessel along east coast to the shoreline is around 1.5km.

Chocolate doesnt emitt harmful gas, but shipping liner does.

Mall or no Mall, thats up to individual, but from property investment point of view, that can only be a good thing.
    is this akin to saying ALL shipping vessels are located at an equi-distant of 1.5km from our shorelines? going by your admission, concentration of ships along the west coast is bad.

fumes from the cocoa factory ain't not harmful? not too sure, since we don't have test results on it but it sure stinks. there are times when i can smell it from NTU, which is a good 3-4km away.

is this akin to saying ALL shipping vessels are located at an equi-distant of 1.5km from our shorelines? going by your admission, concentration of ships along the west coast is bad.

fumes from the cocoa factory ain't not harmful? not too sure, since we don't have test results on it but it sure stinks. there are times when i can smell it from NTU, which is a good 3-4km away.
    Since you are the one who talk about air pollution around JLD, then you should quantify the level of pollution.

Smell? I can tell you that my fart is worst. Does that mean that my family are in danger?