Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: ECO at Bedok South near Tanah Merah MRT (FEO)

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Notice a slope where the townhouses would be if u look at the current gradient of the slope, are they gonna level that w the rest of the dev and make the townhouse a bit like sitting at the bottom of the slope?
    Not sure about that part... but those Townhouse with main door facing inwards (away from slope) will have good FS. Backed by 'mountain'.

Townhouses facing westerly on one side, the other side would be facing slope/retaining wall...

Notice a slope where the townhouses would be if u look at the current gradient of the slope, are they gonna level that w the rest of the dev and make the townhouse a bit like sitting at the bottom of the slope?

Townhouses seem to be taking up a disproportionate amount of the estate. With not a lot of remaining amount of land for the rest. Seems quite squeezy for 742 units.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Not sure about that part... but those Townhouse with main door facing inwards (away from slope) will have good FS. Backed by 'mountain'.
    carb bro, that's a gd pt and w the pools in front, it's not too bad, I am sure their backyards will face the hill.

I am a bit surprised this got approved w Townhouse, I rem reading Archi, Seahill and Palm Isle were the last few that got approval. I would prefer Parc Olympia kind of open spaces but perhaps it's not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Townhouses facing westerly on one side, the other side would be facing slope/retaining wall...
    Yeap, I think they will level it to make the townhouse sit on the same level as the rest of the development since large part of this plot is on lower ground, it's easier to do that then to say build on slopes? I think retaining wall/slope might have some eco features? :P

Townhouses seem to be taking up a disproportionate amount of the estate. With not a lot of remaining amount of land for the rest. Seems quite squeezy for 742 units.
    Yeap, I estimated that there are about 30 of them taking up about 1/3 of the land! Means the rest will be 700+ squeezing in 2/3 of the land w the pools and facilities! Any idea how tall the blocks will be?

Condo - 15storeys 5 towers 256 units
    Suite - 15 storeys 1 tower 244 units
    SOHO - 12 storeys 2 towers 208 units
    Townhouse - 3 storeys 34 units

Yeap, I estimated that there are about 30 of them taking up about 1/3 of the land! Means the rest will be 700+ squeezing in 2/3 of the land w the pools and facilities! Any idea how tall the blocks will be?

Yeap, I think they will level it to make the townhouse sit on the same level as the rest of the development since large part of this plot is on lower ground, it's easier to do that then to say build on slopes? I think retaining wall/slope might have some eco features? :P
    On plan is a vertical eco-wall

On plan is a vertical eco-wall
    Thks, you are the man! 15 flr I don't expect it to overlook BC, cos this plot is not raised but at same lvl as BC...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    If this is a low rise project still ok, but with 8 high floor towers and 700+ units will feel rather cramped.

Agree with the backed by mountian, good FS.

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    If this is a low rise project still ok, but with 8 high floor towers and 700+ units will feel rather cramped.

Agree with the backed by mountian, good FS.
    Expect the townhouses to cost an arm and a leg given their lion's share of the estate. Conservancy charges will surely be very high too commensurating with the share value.

The townhouses are tucked in between high ground and tall buildings, on plan it looks good but I wonder how it will turn out when actually built... I imagine a closed up feeling.

Also, take note that the townhouses are oriented East-West with the front of the development facing west onto Bedok South Ave3. That's why the building design will feature a sun-shading system which are essentially slats.

Read up a bit about the Ken Yeang, a high profile designer that is suppose to a guru in Eco designs. He actually design our national library, fusionpolis and is a Malaysian. It looks like feo did pay a bit more than their usual suburban projects to engage a reputed designer.

Ken Yeang - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Yeang

Maybe, he will be able work some magic and find solutions to the layman problems we raised.

Expect the townhouses to cost an arm and a leg given their lion's share of the estate. Conservancy charges will surely be very high too commensurating with the share value.

The townhouses are tucked in between high ground and tall buildings, on plan it looks good but I wonder how it will turn out when actually built... I imagine a closed up feeling.

Also, take note that the townhouses are oriented East-West with the front of the development facing west onto Bedok South Ave3. That's why the building design will feature a sun-shading system which are essentially slats.
    Ya. But knowing FEO, they will be able to sell the units.

This location actually quite good and convenient, it will come down to psf pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Ya. But knowing FEO, they will be able to sell the units.

This location actually quite good and convenient, it will come down to psf pricing.
    Got sms update from Savills, launching Oct and they will likely have some material if you are keen to submit cheque w them.

I do agree the location, I did a check and notice the amenities, market, hawker is about 400m away, about the same distance to the MRT yet shield from the track noise, so this will likely be moving v fast unless it is priced at ridiculous levels. I suspect will be at least 1200psf.

Got sms update from Savills, launching Oct and they will likely have some material if you are keen to submit cheque w them.

I do agree the location, I did a check and notice the amenities, market, hawker is about 400m away, about the same distance to the MRT yet shield from the track noise, so this will likely be moving v fast unless it is priced at ridiculous levels. I suspect will be at least 1200psf.
    Can also go for hi-tea if you keen.

Saw this on FEO website-

Join us for hi-tea and a concept presentation of upcoming launch eCO this weekend!
    21 Jul (Sat), 3.30-5.30pm @Grandma's Restaurant, Changi City Point, #B1-26
    21 Jul (Sat), 2.30-4.30pm @Paradise Inn, Bedok Point, #02-01
    22 Jul (Sun), 2.30-4.30pm @Paradise Inn, Bedok Point, #02-01
    To RSVP for the above events, please call 65348000.
    Why register for a special preview?
    Registering for a special preview not only allows you first hand information about the project, you will also be among the first to be informed when our preview sale starts. More importantly, during the preview sale, you will get the priority to select your choice unit(s) and enjoy special early bird discounts.
    Call 6534 8000 for a special preview now

If Eco is same price as Optima, which one would you all choose? Optima would have collected rental for roughly 4 years before Eco TOP. Not forgetting, Optima is way nearer to MRT than Eco.

heard from some agent source that the psf is around 1-1.1k psf.
    Maybe vvip preview price

IMHO

1. Optima is only marginally nearer than ECO to the MRT.

2. Optima is noiser directly over looking the MRT tracks n station.

3. Eco is a mixed structure with a more appealing facade and design whereas Optima looks like a BTO or DBSS that happen to have facilities

4. If rental is the primary concern, why buy newly launched? Buy a resale... if you are buying resale, why buy Optima resale? then there plenty of other resale to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    If Eco is same price as Optima, which one would you all choose? Optima would have collected rental for roughly 4 years before Eco TOP. Not forgetting, Optima is way nearer to MRT than Eco.

i will go for optima if i were u , the location is real gd although mayb abit noisy but still can solve the problem if u willing to spent a bit more money on ID to solve the problem, and the land next to optima is reserved for commercial project.

IMHO

3. Eco is a mixed structure with a more appealing facade and design whereas Optima looks like a BTO or DBSS that happen to have facilities

4. If rental is the primary concern, why buy newly launched? Buy a resale... if you are buying resale, why buy Optima resale? then there plenty of other resale to consider.
    i think almost 95% of condo in singapore look like DBSS and BTO ,most of the developer want to save money thats why hired local architect...lousy and not creative ,not practical ...

Quote Originally Posted by easteast
    i think almost 95% of condo in singapore look like DBSS and BTO ,most of the developer want to save money thats why hired local architect...lousy and not creative ,not practical ...
    it not abt local or overseas architect, both can produce nice designs for the developers. in the end the developers have the final say, they will ask the architect to amend this and tat to cut cost to get the final outdated design.

i will go for optima if i were u , the location is real gd although mayb abit noisy but still can solve the problem if u willing to spent a bit more money on ID to solve the problem, and the land next to optima is reserved for commercial project.
    I think ID can't solve the noise problem, to minimise noise you'll have to close up your windows and turn on your aircon. Even then the noise is minimised/reduced not completely eradicated because the the windows are not double glazed.

There is certainly no argument that Optima it is closer to the MRT or the upcoming commercial project. IMHO, all these amenities just needs to be close enough (ie. 5-10min walk) not just next to you. ECO is at most a 2min walk longer than Optima to the Tanah Merah MRT. This is difference is really marginal.

In this respect, ECO is in a better position bcoz it is also 5-10min walk to the market/hawker centre.

But it will only be noisy if it is facing the track right?

Facing Casa Merah should be fine?

You sure or not? Eco 2 more mins. Optima is just beside the MRT. 1 min slow walk. Eco 3 mins walk can reach?

I think ID can't solve the noise problem, to minimise noise you'll have to close up your windows and turn on your aircon. Even then the noise is minimised/reduced not completely eradicated because the the windows are not double glazed.

There is certainly no argument that Optima it is closer to the MRT or the upcoming commercial project. IMHO, all these amenities just needs to be close enough (ie. 5-10min walk) not just next to you. ECO is at most a 2min walk longer than Optima to the Tanah Merah MRT. This is difference is really marginal.

In this respect, ECO is in a better position bcoz it is also 5-10min walk to the market/hawker centre.

Don't take my word for it... why don't you walk and time yourself.

You sure or not? Eco 2 more mins. Optima is just beside the MRT. 1 min slow walk. Eco 3 mins walk can reach?

The whole area is set to transform, including the corner of the hill.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/20...dix1-RL-14.pdf

But it will only be noisy if it is facing the track right?

Facing Casa Merah should be fine?
    yes, hence the higher price with better facing

[quote=howgozit]Don't take my word for it... why don't you walk and time yourself.[/quote

waiting at traffic light or crossing the underground tunnel take more than 3 mins already..

Traffic light? what traffic light?

Anyway, I didn't say it would take 3 mins to walk from ECO to the MRT, I said it would take about 2min more than it would compared to Optima.

Both Optima and ECO would have to cross the underground tunnel on opposite ends. The underground tunnel entrance is on the west of the station.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888
    Don't take my word for it... why don't you walk and time yourself.
    waiting at traffic light or crossing the underground tunnel take more than 3 mins already..

IMHO

if optima looks like a BTO or DBSS then may i know which other project that is BEST in your eyes? interlace , Reflections ?Pls share le...