Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: ECO at Bedok South near Tanah Merah MRT (FEO)

double post

This is an ECO thread... so naturally the comparison is made between ECO and Optima... why bring in other projects and confuse the issue?

Between ECO and Optima, I would say ECO has more architectural merit... Optima looks like BTO/DBSS in comparison... just my opinion, you don't have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888
    if optima looks like a BTO or DBSS then may i know which other project that is BEST in your eyes? interlace , Reflections ?Pls share le...

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Traffic light? what traffic light?

Anyway, I didn't say it would take 3 mins to walk from ECO to the MRT, I said it would take about 2min more than it would compared to Optima.

Both Optima and ECO would have to cross the underground tunnel on opposite ends. The underground tunnel entrance is on the west of the station.
    if walk from Optima is 1 min,then ECO take 2 min more...so its still 3 min walk to mrt?! wu bo?

This is an ECO thread... so naturally the comparison is made between ECO and Optima... why bring in other projects and confuse the issue?

Between ECO and Optima, I would say ECO has more architectural merit... Optima looks like BTO/DBSS in comparison... just my opinion, you don't have to agree.
    You should look at the Big picture....ECO's site cmi.how to compare? aiyo....

if walk from Optima is 1 min,then ECO take 2 min more...so its still 3 min walk to mrt?! wu bo?
    ... if you say the walk from Optima is 1 minute... so is it 1min?

Ok bro... if you say so...

You should look at the Big picture....ECO's site cmi.how to compare? aiyo....

Wah seriously very hard to compare leh.
    If noise is an issue, but yet want convenience to future mall and mrt, then gotta do more on-site research. Cannot assume further from site means less noise.
    Track is very noisy but near station there's minimal noise based on my findings.
    At the moment I prefer optima due to the address and no HDB there!
    But need to chose the stack furthest away from station and main road. However no one seem to be selling those units

There is no doubt Optima is closer to the MRT and the future commercial/residential development. My point is that ECO is not that much further.

So while ECO has points that are worse off than Optima, it has other redeeming points.

Good luck trying to buy the choice units in Optima now... a bit too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Horse
    If noise is an issue, but yet want convenience to future mall and mrt, then gotta do more on-site research. Cannot assume further from site means less noise.
    Track is very noisy but near station there's minimal noise based on my findings.
    But need to chose the stack furthest away from station and main road. However no one seem to be selling those units

Hi gurus, any idea when is the commercial site going to be on sale?

The plot seems quite small, like Bedok Point or CityVibe size.

Its contruction will bring dust and noise to nearby condos..

[/QUOTE]
    somebody really dislike optima.. Any reason? Last time optima was ballotted so only the lucky one get it thats why a lot of ppl appear to be sour grapes..

who dislikes Optima?

Quote Originally Posted by easteast
    somebody really dislike optima.. Any reason? Last time optima was ballotted so only the lucky one get it thats why a lot of ppl appear to be sour grapes..

Agree with u .. At least tanah merah is a private estate and more exclusive , when u talking abt bedok ppl will think abt hdb ...

Got. You want Casa Merah facing or Pool facing, you pay high high sure can find one. MRT facing is a no-no to me. Unless you buy the top floor which can still see a bit of seaview. Tiny bit though. I rather opt for quietness rather than a tiny line of seaview. The high floor Casa Merah facing units should be pretty unblocked?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Got. You want Casa Merah facing or Pool facing, you pay high high sure can find one. MRT facing is a no-no to me. Unless you buy the top floor which can still see a bit of seaview. Tiny bit though. I rather opt for quietness rather than a tiny line of seaview. The high floor Casa Merah facing units should be pretty unblocked?
    There are some units facing the playground. Confirm unblocked view but will still get a wee bit of traffic and MRT noise.

[/quote]somebody really dislike optima.. Any reason? Last time optima was ballotted so only the lucky one get it thats why a lot of ppl appear to be sour grapes..[/quote]

Probably just calling a spade a spade

I can't wait to go viewing when it's ready. Ya I also heard there might be seaview. The developer for optima is the same that did st Regis and sentosa condo. I also consider the surrounding amenities like east village, bedok simpang and upcoming mall. Got 24 hr eating place there

Bro howgozit.. I went many viewings and did my on-site surveys before posting here leh. I find some points u said not true, especially u say Eco is 2 mins more to mrt compared to optima. U got see that big hill? Is 2 mins more by driving or running?

Bro howgozit.. I went many viewings and did my on-site surveys before posting here leh. I find some points u said not true, especially u say Eco is 2 mins more to mrt compared to optima. U got see that big hill? Is 2 mins more by driving or running?
    It's not that far, about 5 min walk, if there is a link bet the pte estate and Eco, a 3min walk is possible.

Bro Yellowhorse,

According to some bros here, Optima is only 1min away from MRT, so even if ECO is 5min more than Optima it is only 6min. But whatever it is, if you are going to spend millions of dollars go walk the ground.

Start at the tip of ECO plot and start the clock walking towards the entrance to MRT on the hillside, stop the clock. Take the escalator down and thru the tunnel to emerge the other side. Start the clock again and walk towards Optima. See for youself if the difference is a only marginal or not.

Anyway, forgive all my comments bcoz I thought this was an ECO thread instead of an OPtima thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    It's not that far, about 5 min walk, if there is a link bet the pte estate and Eco, a 3min walk is possible.
    Cutting thru' the landed estate would mean negotiating the hill, so going by the foot path may be a slightly longer way but should be less strenuos... and as you said it is really not that far..

If Eco is same price as Optima, which one would you all choose? Optima would have collected rental for roughly 4 years before Eco TOP. Not forgetting, Optima is way nearer to MRT than Eco.
    Optima gonna TOP, can move in/rent out soon.

Eco gotta wait for few years to be ready, but with progressive payment.

Go for viewing when it's ready. If can get a nice unit without mrt noise would be great, otherwise got to wait 4 years for Eco.

Cutting thru' the landed estate would mean negotiating the hill, so going by the foot path may be a slightly longer way but should be less strenuos... and as you said it is really not that far..
    Maybe my gauge different lah, maybe not that far.. for you.

If i can stay near mrt, why should I walk under the hot sun to BBQ myself yeah?

If we can put facts here, we r giving opinion for people to make their million dollar choice. Im just concern that if u really buy eco, it might be more ex and further away the train station. Nonetheless if u find it's good then FEO huat ah!
    Last edited by Yellow Horse; 19-07-12 at 00:22.

I agree. I live near a BTO and it looks very similar to Optima. I drop off at tanah merah regularly and Optima caught my attention as it is extremely near the MRT. initially I really thought its a BTO till I researched and found out its a condo

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    I agree. I live near a BTO and it looks very similar to Optima. I drop off at tanah merah regularly and Optima caught my attention as it is extremely near the MRT. initially I really thought its a BTO till I researched and found out its a condo
    Wat u expect , optima low quota just 200+ unit small project , how to compared with those big project like Eco , one things can compared is locations..but I think Eco is too many units can become like another public swimming pools or community centre gym...

Im just concern that if u really buy eco, it might be more ex and further away the train station. Nonetheless if u find it's good then FEO huat ah!
    What you said is valid, esp the feo bit! Lolx...

Only think being now optima is >$1200psf, so if feo prices it anything in $1250psf, it will be quite ridiculous but I won't be surprised if they did lah...

If you consider the plot size, Eco will likely have more extensive facilities as it is sitting on a larger plot, but they also have more units.

Near indeed, for those 3rd floor units facing the track can count the number of passengers in the train cabin heading towards East, and the passengers can see what you are eating at the dinning table or the show on your TV... nice. Nevertheless this location and projects will Huat Ah!!! in the next two to three quarters.

You need to research to find out it is a condo? Once you drop off at Tanah Merah, you can see perimeter walls, tennis court, CCTV. BTO?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj
    You need to research to find out it is a condo? Once you drop off at Tanah Merah, you can see perimeter walls, tennis court, CCTV. BTO?
    come bro u deserve a beer!

come bro u deserve a beer!
    better drink non-alcohol, wait lagi cannot c the difference between bto and condo

Sour grapes maybe? BTO got balcony one meh? Ya, and the tennis court too. Maybe the tennis court is not visible?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj