Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: ECO at Bedok South near Tanah Merah MRT (FEO)

Quote Originally Posted by graveyard
    I agree. I live near a BTO and it looks very similar to Optima. I drop off at tanah merah regularly and Optima caught my attention as it is extremely near the MRT. initially I really thought its a BTO till I researched and found out its a condo
    On the contrary I thought the Eunos HDB (Eunos Court?) right behind the mrt is a condo...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    On the contrary I thought the Eunos HDB (Eunos Court?) right behind the mrt is a condo...

it commands condo price
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj
    You need to research to find out it is a condo? Once you drop off at Tanah Merah, you can see perimeter walls, tennis court, CCTV. BTO?
    Paiseh
    i only focused on the high blocks and not on the fencing. you are right, the fencing wall would have indicated this is a condo

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Sour grapes maybe? BTO got balcony one meh? Ya, and the tennis court too. Maybe the tennis court is not visible?
    i meant to say DBSS. and nope not sour grapes. if u read my msg, i was only commenting on whether Optima resembles BTO/DBSS. its an objective statement, not arguing whether eco is better than optima. Having said that, i have left remarks in Optima thread way before this msgthat it's a good project and the demand that pushes the psf to > 1400 says it all. Hence, I am not against Optima

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    Near indeed, for those 3rd floor units facing the track can count the number of passengers in the train cabin heading towards East, and the passengers can see what you are eating at the dinning table or the show on your TV... nice. Nevertheless this location and projects will Huat Ah!!! in the next two to three quarters.
    Definitely. those who bought early easily make SGD150K upwards profit? Its right across the MRT - at least theres a road in between. Compare this to condos where the track almost eats into their "airspace" such as Modena, upcoming MM and double bay, this one is not too bad la

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Sour grapes maybe? BTO got balcony one meh? Ya, and the tennis court too. Maybe the tennis court is not visible?
    Yes agree , definitely sour grapes... Sour until blur n blind..lol

is that HDB newly built??
    Last edited by graveyard; 19-07-12 at 16:36.

Bro... it is pointless explaining yourself to these people. This forum has plenty of hantus and trolls.

They are vested in certain projects and if you even make what they deem unkind remarks on their favorite or vested project surely kena suan jialat jialat... say sour grapes, blur, blind...etc

They have forgotten that if ECO does well, it will boost Optima too. Both are good projects in my opinion... there are some points more favourable or less favourable in both projects that's all. I thought that's what this forum is about... to share these views

Ok... I have to watch out now... more suan-ing coming my way...

i meant to say DBSS. and nope not sour grapes. if u read my msg, i was only commenting on whether Optima resembles BTO/DBSS. its an objective statement, not arguing whether eco is better than optima. Having said that, i have left remarks in Optima thread way before this msgthat it's a good project and the demand that pushes the psf to > 1400 says it all. Hence, I am not against Optima

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Bro... it is pointless explaining yourself to these people. This forum has plenty of hantus and trolls.

They are vested in certain projects and if you even make what they deem unkind remarks on their favorite or vested project surely kena suan jialat jialat... say sour grapes, blur, blind...etc

They have forgotten that if ECO does well, it will boost Optima too. Both are good projects in my opinion... there are some points more favourable or less favourable in both projects that's all. I thought that's what this forum is about... to share these views

Haa. Bro, dont worry. I have been in this forum for a while and have seen a fair share of names calling and jeering etc. I think the best solution is to be indifferent and ignore them. I really dont see how names calling can contribute and you know when the msg gets personal when the focus is no longer on the project. Well the msg you write is a reflection of your level of maturity so I tend to just skip certain msgs and go for the ones thats worthy of discussion. Dont let some give you an unpleasant experience here - I'm sure the majority of the forummers here want to engage in meaningful and collaborative discussion

Eh, I have to keep checking if I am in the correct thread ... Almost thought this is a Optima thread. Lolx!

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Eh, I have to keep checking if I am in the correct thread ... Almost thought this is a Optima thread. Lolx!
    Haaa can also check this thread too ma since theres bits of info on Optima. if u are vested in Optima, its good to know your close competitors too!

At the present property climate it is a good competition... imagine what would happen to Optima if ECO was priced at $800psf?

Haaa can also check this thread too ma since theres bits of info on Optima. if u are vested in Optima, its good to know your close competitors too!

ironic !!! r u talking abt yourself...u have forgotten that if optima does well ,it will boost ECO too , u r the starter keep compared and comments abt optima right? optima just a small and low quota simple project with gd location but i don't think ECO like wat u say just 1 or 2 minutes distances to mrt station.. anyway both r nice project , its all abt locations and quota ...

When Optima was launched, people queue overnight for balloting.
    Dont forget it was a sold out project!

Bro... I didn't say ECO is 1-2min to MRT, I said it is abt 2min more than than Optima.... I am not trying to put down Optima, I am just saying that ECO has its merits.

The points that are less favourable than Optima like MRT distance, is to me marginal.. of course Optima is very much closer nobody can deny that, right? but ECO is not very much further, that's my point.

I am not vested in ECO, but how can you be so sure I am not vested in Optima? or for that matter any where close by? Of course if ECO does well so will Optima and every where around there.

There are at least 4 parcels of land yet to be developed around Tanah Merah MRT, 2 will be sold by the end of this year. This area is the place to watch....

Quote Originally Posted by easteast
    ironic !!! r u talking abt yourself...u have forgotten that if optima does well ,it will boost ECO too , u r the starter keep compared and comments abt optima right? optima just a small and low quota simple project with gd location but i don't think ECO like wat u say just 1 or 2 minutes distances to mrt station.. anyway both r nice project , its all abt locations and quota ...

Seven month come early.... HANTU... shouting about Optima in an ECO thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888

Bro... I didn't say ECO is 1-2min to MRT, I said it is abt 2min more than than Optima.... I am not trying to put down Optima, I am just saying that ECO has its merits.

The points that are less favourable than Optima like MRT distance, is to me marginal.. of course Optima is very much closer nobody can deny that, right? but ECO is not very much further, that's my point.

I am not vested in ECO, but how can you be so sure I am not vested in Optima? or for that matter any where close by? Of course if ECO does well so will Optima and every where around there.

There are at least 4 parcels of land yet to be developed around Tanah Merah MRT, 2 will be sold by the end of this year. This area is the place to watch....
    Not vested in either projects but i disagree with you on the 2mins more than
    optima. Anyways you are right about the 4 parcels of land. Curious to find out more about your view on this area.
    For Eco, i wonder whether the strata houses will be affected by rain water run off from the hill behind.

At the present property climate it is a good competition... imagine what would happen to Optima if ECO was priced at $800psf?
    That ain't gonna happen ... They paid $534ppr for the land!

Taking about competition and Optima's gd location, there's another 2 coming up, one opposite Optima(likely to be low rise) and one in front of East Meadows to be tender. It be interesting to see how hotly contested! Oh, there's also a reserve plot right beside Eco!

I am vested in the area, hence my interest. Had 2 units in the area but sold off one unit last year to hedge my bets and also to capitalise some gains. Regretting now bcoz affected by the CMs... very unwilling to pay the 3% additional.

From what I understand, URA will only sell the commercial plot once the area has reached a critical population mass. That will happen when the 4 plots are developed... timeline 4-5 years. The commercial plot will have an underground connection to the tunnel leading to the MRT.

East of this area is Changi Business Park, they will develop hotels and the new SUTD...plenty of rental potential, fully developed in about 4 years. Only one stop by MRT.

South of this area is another possible MRT station on the ERL but this is a wild card as nobody knows where the Bedok South MRT will be... speculation is the empty plot of land beside Temasek Primary school. ECO would be quite close to it 8-10min walk... again I must stress this is speculation. Announcement of ERL in abt 2years... to be built by 2020.

Beside the canal, there is a park connector that leads to East Coast Park.

So you see, I think this area has a lot of potential, but in 2-3 years it will be all too apparent to everybody. Just my view.

optima. Anyways you are right about the 4 parcels of land. Curious to find out more about your view on this area.
    For Eco, i wonder whether the strata houses will be affected by rain water run off from the hill behind.

From what I understand, there will be a vertical eco-garden of some sort. This is essentially a cover up of what would be an unsightly retaining wall. I don't think water run-off would be a concern, a bigger concern is soil erosion.

any floor plans to share?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    any floor plans to share?
    Bro, only launched in Oct, guess u gonna wait for a mth or 2 at least...

Seven month come early.... HANTU... shouting about Optima in an ECO thread
    Yes u r the hantu keep shouting here and there!!!

During the time when Optima was launched, most of the projects launched at the same time in the similar price range sold out quickly. Price is really what matters

Yes u r the hantu keep shouting here and there!!!

....hantu i scared....

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    During the time when Optima was launched, most of the projects launched at the same time in the similar price range sold out quickly. Price is really what matters
    Should have join the q then now want to buy choice units also no one selling.

All holding tight tight waiting to move in

double post

Should have join the q then now want to buy choice units also no one selling.

All holding tight tight waiting to move in
    I rem leaving my name w TID but was told no need to come to showflat Liao cos lots of ppl submitted cheques and were balloting for it!

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    I rem leaving my name w TID but was told no need to come to showflat Liao cos lots of ppl submitted cheques and were balloting for it!
    Those ppl that got a unit must be super lucky!