Page 5 of 148 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: ECO at Bedok South near Tanah Merah MRT (FEO)

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    If this is a low rise project still ok, but with 8 high floor towers and 700+ units will feel rather cramped.

Agree with the backed by mountian, good FS.
    Expect the townhouses to cost an arm and a leg given their lion's share of the estate. Conservancy charges will surely be very high too commensurating with the share value.

The townhouses are tucked in between high ground and tall buildings, on plan it looks good but I wonder how it will turn out when actually built... I imagine a closed up feeling.

Also, take note that the townhouses are oriented East-West with the front of the development facing west onto Bedok South Ave3. That's why the building design will feature a sun-shading system which are essentially slats.

Junior

User Info Menu

Read up a bit about the Ken Yeang, a high profile designer that is suppose to a guru in Eco designs. He actually design our national library, fusionpolis and is a Malaysian. It looks like feo did pay a bit more than their usual suburban projects to engage a reputed designer.

Ken Yeang - [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Yeang[/url]

Maybe, he will be able work some magic and find solutions to the layman problems we raised.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Expect the townhouses to cost an arm and a leg given their lion's share of the estate. Conservancy charges will surely be very high too commensurating with the share value.

The townhouses are tucked in between high ground and tall buildings, on plan it looks good but I wonder how it will turn out when actually built... I imagine a closed up feeling.

Also, take note that the townhouses are oriented East-West with the front of the development facing west onto Bedok South Ave3. That's why the building design will feature a sun-shading system which are essentially slats.
    Ya. But knowing FEO, they will be able to sell the units.

This location actually quite good and convenient, it will come down to psf pricing.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Ya. But knowing FEO, they will be able to sell the units.

This location actually quite good and convenient, it will come down to psf pricing.
    Got sms update from Savills, launching Oct and they will likely have some material if you are keen to submit cheque w them.

I do agree the location, I did a check and notice the amenities, market, hawker is about 400m away, about the same distance to the MRT yet shield from the track noise, so this will likely be moving v fast unless it is priced at ridiculous levels. I suspect will be at least 1200psf.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Got sms update from Savills, launching Oct and they will likely have some material if you are keen to submit cheque w them.

I do agree the location, I did a check and notice the amenities, market, hawker is about 400m away, about the same distance to the MRT yet shield from the track noise, so this will likely be moving v fast unless it is priced at ridiculous levels. I suspect will be at least 1200psf.
    Can also go for hi-tea if you keen.

Saw this on FEO website-

[B]Join us for hi-tea and a concept presentation of upcoming launch eCO this weekend![/B]
    21 Jul (Sat), 3.30-5.30pm @Grandma's Restaurant, Changi City Point, #B1-26
    21 Jul (Sat), 2.30-4.30pm @Paradise Inn, Bedok Point, #02-01
    22 Jul (Sun), 2.30-4.30pm @Paradise Inn, Bedok Point, #02-01
    To RSVP for the above events, please call 65348000.
    [B]Why register for a special preview?[/B]
    Registering for a special preview not only allows you first hand information about the project, you will also be among the first to be informed when our preview sale starts. More importantly, during the preview sale, you will get the priority to select your choice unit(s) and enjoy special early bird discounts.
    Call 6534 8000 for a special preview now

Valued Contributor

User Info Menu

If Eco is same price as Optima, which one would you all choose? Optima would have collected rental for roughly 4 years before Eco TOP. Not forgetting, Optima is way nearer to MRT than Eco.

User Info Menu

heard from some agent source that the psf is around 1-1.1k psf.
    Maybe vvip preview price

Junior

User Info Menu

IMHO

1. Optima is only marginally nearer than ECO to the MRT.

2. Optima is noiser directly over looking the MRT tracks n station.

3. Eco is a mixed structure with a more appealing facade and design whereas Optima looks like a BTO or DBSS that happen to have facilities

4. If rental is the primary concern, why buy newly launched? Buy a resale... if you are buying resale, why buy Optima resale? then there plenty of other resale to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    If Eco is same price as Optima, which one would you all choose? Optima would have collected rental for roughly 4 years before Eco TOP. Not forgetting, Optima is way nearer to MRT than Eco.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    i will go for optima if i were u , the location is real gd although mayb abit noisy but still can solve the problem if u willing to spent a bit more money on ID to solve the problem, and the land next to optima is reserved for commercial project.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    IMHO

1. Optima is only marginally nearer than ECO to the MRT.

2. Optima is noiser directly over looking the MRT tracks n station.

3. Eco is a mixed structure with a more appealing facade and design whereas Optima looks like a BTO or DBSS that happen to have facilities

4. If rental is the primary concern, why buy newly launched? Buy a resale... if you are buying resale, why buy Optima resale? then there plenty of other resale to consider.
    i think almost 95% of condo in singapore look like DBSS and BTO ,most of the developer want to save money thats why hired local architect...lousy and not creative ,not practical ...