Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: YOUNG INVESTORS

no money can buy health, a biz friend of mine coma for 2y already after stroke due to high blood, nowadays 30+ high bp quite common, the road of no return

Youngsters today not as strong as their ah kong both physically and mentally, entrepreneurs do require excellent health conditions
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    no money can buy health, a biz friend of mine coma for 2y already after stroke due to high blood, nowadays 30+ high bp quite common, the road of no return

Youngsters today not as strong as their ah kong both physically and mentally, entrepreneurs do require excellent health conditions
    so true!!
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by House
    father a bus driver
    mom a sales assistant

kid has a savings of $5k after NS

this is what i call WOW!!!

other that this, all such news are just NOT news worthy at all.
    5k not enough even to pay for stamp duty for an MM

it is not worth imo, when I was young I spent all pocket $$ to travel, as far as Tanzania, Ireland, Greece, Turkey, Arizona, Nepal, India .... it opens my eyes about how Europeans enjoying their life while African/Indian slums struggling to meet day ends .. miles of miles of slums with huge pile of rubbish near Delhi / Calcutta

5k not enough even to pay for stamp duty for an MM

it is not worth imo, when I was young I spent all pocket $$ to travel, as far as Tanzania, Ireland, Greece, Turkey, Arizona, Nepal, India .... it opens my eyes about how Europeans enjoying their life while African/Indian slums struggling to meet day ends .. miles of miles of slums with huge pile of rubbish near Delhi / Calcutta
    i thought you are in late 20s only?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Just curious, if daughter so good, why plan to keep ur properties in a trust?
    Seems to me like cannot trust children to take care of grandchildren.

Now singapore no estate duty, cant be tax savings ?
    There are couples of reasons for setting up the Trust :

1. protect the assets when the children get divorce. My assets will not go to their ex-spouse. I view the Gen Y has taken divorce as a norm..

2. protect the assets from creditors if the children go into bankruptcy

3. let the children know that the parents' money is not available to them, so they must stand on their own feet.

4. let the children know that there is no easy money from parents. See many young ones, once got the monies, just spend and within few years...all gone..

5. Will take better care of them if they are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    There are couples of reasons for setting up the Trust :

1. protect the assets when the children get divorce. My assets will not go to their ex-spouse. I view the Gen Y has taken divorce as a norm..

2. protect the assets from creditors if the children go into bankruptcy

3. let the children know that the parents' money is not available to them, so they must stand on their own feet.

4. let the children know that there is no easy money from parents. See many young ones, once got the monies, just spend and within few years...all gone..

5. Will take better care of them if they are in trouble.
    GOOD post!

i do agree with the divorce rate among the young couple..
    really ridiculous..

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    jin li hai...

hope can learn from your daughter

Just a few pointers to share :

1. your child need not be the best in the class, dun need to study a lot, but study the right subjects at the right college. but of course, must get a good result.

2. business communication is very critical, presentation, personality etc are the important factors in addition to work smart.

3. pick up investment skills and made decisive moves.

In fact, my girl is very small built, very gentle and soft spoken, dress poorly. She is a great saver.

life is getting more and more difficult....
    my FIL, 95, just retired, still swim and walk everyday...

1. your child need not be the best in the class, dun need to study a lot, but study the right subjects at the right college. but of course, must get a good result.

2. business communication is very critical, presentation, personality etc are the important factors in addition to work smart.

1. very very TRUE!! i am one good example . eg. small biz only though. hehe. never in the rat race ever since..

2 & 3: nice advice!!

In fact, my girl is very small built, very gentle and soft spoken, dress poorly. She is a great saver.
    her habit seem sound so similar to mine....

life is getting more and more difficult....
    my FIL, 95, just retired, still swim and walk everyday...
    WOW!! 95
    my grandma & grandpa can fight with him also.. still can walk around everyday...

last time old pple are indeed incredible!! duno what they eat & drink to grow so strong.

How abt ur other kids? My impression is that u r only proud of her and not the others. Sorry a bit kaypo.
    I think that ur daughter may have hard time to get a spouse as many spore men would feel intimidated by her achievements - i dont mean it in a negative way, like roughing it alone with bodyguard in sahara, now how many men have done that? Also starting salary more than yt's family income. If still single, myself would be too intimidated to want to know her. Just be aware of sponges.

1. very very TRUE!! i am one good example . eg. small biz only though. hehe. never in the rat race ever since..
    Dont be so obvious le.
    Trying to get into laguna's good shoes so that he recommend you to his daughter

How abt ur other kids? My impression is that u r only proud of her and not the others. Sorry a bit kaypo.
    I think that ur daughter may have hard time to get a spouse as many spore men would feel intimidated by her achievements - i dont mean it in a negative way, like roughing it alone with bodyguard in sahara, now how many men have done that? Also starting salary more than yt's family income. If still single, myself would be too intimidated to want to know her. Just be aware of sponges.
    My son is doing his final year.
    My son-in-law to be is not a Singapore man.

Dont be so obvious le.
    Trying to get into laguna's good shoes so that he recommend you to his daughter
    make friend only.

My son is doing his final year.
    My son-in-law to be is not a Singapore man.
    no chance already

make friend only.

no chance already
    Only son-in-law to be. If divorces so common, what more break engagements.
    So u still have chance
    Submit more intelligent posts, not 1 or 2 liners, but essays on property market and life. Brush up on ur mandarin and start posting mandarin poems.
    And u may win laguna's backing.

My thinking is, laguna not so happy with son-in-law to be, but he respect his girl'a decision. I think in terms of wealth and social status, the guy is much lower,
    Hence this is part of the reason why he use a trust to safeguard in case of divorce.
    Logically speaking, if my child marry a billionaire, it is the billionaire who would ask for pre-nuptial agreement and not my child asking since no pre-nuptial is better for the poorer party. Lastly i think bodyguard in sahara desert is the son-in-law to be.

Only son-in-law to be. If divorces so common, what more break engagements.
    So u still have chance
    Submit more intelligent posts, not 1 or 2 liners, but essays on property market and life. Brush up on ur mandarin and start posting mandarin poems.
    And u may win laguna's backing.

My thinking is, laguna not so happy with son-in-law to be, but he respect his girl'a decision. I think in terms of wealth and social status, the guy is much lower,
    Hence this is part of the reason why he use a trust to safeguard in case of divorce.
    Logically speaking, if my child marry a billionaire, it is the billionaire who would ask for pre-nuptial agreement and not my child asking since no pre-nuptial is better for the poorer party. Lastly i think bodyguard in sahara desert is the son-in-law to be.
    ya la... dun do until so 'out face'...have more class will hav more chance

糟糕,越描越黑
    拜托,拜托
    到此为止

糟糕,越描越黑
    拜托,拜托
    到此为止
    LOL!!

ignore hopeful la... he is also 'potential' rubbish poster here. but still lose to our famous YWtan.

LOL!!

ignore hopeful la... he is also 'potential' rubbish poster here. but still lose to our famous YWtan.
    roly makes for a really nice son... always so jolly and positive

LOL!!

That's the way. Always have to backup ur potential father-in-law.
    U know laguna detest yt, so have to whack yt hard hard ok, however have to use logic to back up ur whackings.

That's the way. Always have to backup ur potential father-in-law.
    U know laguna detest yt, so have to whack yt hard hard ok, however have to use logic to back up ur whackings.
    LOL!! bro hopeful know me well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    roly makes for a really nice son... always so jolly and positive
    I hv a couple of god sons, no problem to hv another one...

Rules :
    1. Big angbo from u every CNY
    2. Drink with me

Rules :
    2. Drink with me
    lim wat i wunder... lim kopi, lim teh, lim jiu or lim beer....

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    lim wat i wunder... lim kopi, lim teh, lim jiu or lim beer....
    my initial impression is alcohol drink leh..

me only know how to drink tea, coffee & water .. good boyboy here

Why Laguna daughter is making handsome $$$, this guy is struggling to pay his rent, let the foreign talent pay pay pay:

Prem Bhagat, 36, a human resources manager at Cisco Systems Inc. (CSCO), said he wants to buy a home in Singapore to reduce the S$3,200 he currently pays every month in rent for his east Singapore condominium. When he buys, he intends to restrict his monthly payments to S$2,800 to S$3,000, he said.
    “The current interest rates are way too low, the CPF takes care of a large portion of the monthly payments, and there’s not too much of a risk of property prices coming down in Singapore over the longer term,” said Bhagat.

Should let Mr B know lol

Rules :
    2. Drink with me
    3. recite chinese poems

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    3. recite chinese poems
    wah biang

HAHAHAA

我从山中来带着兰花草
    种在小园中希望花开早
    一日看三回看得花时过
    兰花却依然苞也无一个

眼见秋天到移兰入暖房
    朝朝频顾惜夜夜不能忘
    但愿花开早能将宿愿偿
    满庭花簇簇开得许多香

我从山中来带着兰花草
    种在小园中希望花开早
    一日看三回看得花时过
    兰花却依然苞也无一个

remind me of one of my favourite oldie singer ..

劉文正 - 蘭花草

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGkIe...eature=related

他有很多首漂亮的歌令人难以忘怀

His voice is very unique. The only 晚辈 that comes remotely close is 林志铉.