满庭花簇簇开得许多香

我从山中来带着兰花草
    种在小园中希望花开早
    一日看三回看得花时过
    兰花却依然苞也无一个
    looks like we are almost same era.. i heard this song secondary school

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Why Laguna daughter is making handsome $
    We got a 100 -years old man to give her the name to make up what is short of in the five elements.

The Housing and Development Board ("HDB") has issued S$585 million, 12-year Fixed Rate Notes (the “Notes”) under its S$22 billion Multicurrency Medium Term Note ("MTN") Programme.

The Notes have a coupon of 2.505% per annum payable semi-annually in arrear. The Notes were issued on 27 June 2012 and will mature on 27 June 2024.

=> Holy shit, 2.5% return for 12y ... but still better than CPF OA lah

Come to think about it, the auditors of City Harvest should be fired, how can so much money go into 2 unknown companies for bond investment ... any financial person would have just question what sort of companies and/or any bond rating issued
    Ride at your own risk !!!

The Housing and Development Board ("HDB") has issued S$585 million, 12-year Fixed Rate Notes (the “Notes”) under its S$22 billion Multicurrency Medium Term Note ("MTN") Programme.

The Notes have a coupon of 2.505% per annum payable semi-annually in arrear. The Notes were issued on 27 June 2012 and will mature on 27 June 2024.

=> Holy shit, 2.5% return for 12y ... but still better than CPF OA lah

Come to think about it, the auditors of City Harvest should be fired, how can so much money go into 2 unknown companies for bond investment ... any financial person would have just question what sort of companies and/or any bond rating issued
    after reading christopher balding's articles - i smell greekish

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    3. recite chinese poems
    So cultured meh?

我从山中来带着兰花草
    种在小园中希望花开早
    一日看三回看得花时过
    兰花却依然苞也无一个

眼见秋天到移兰入暖房
    朝朝频顾惜夜夜不能忘
    但愿花开早能将宿愿偿
    满庭花簇簇开得许多香

我从山中来带着兰花草
    种在小园中希望花开早
    一日看三回看得花时过
    兰花却依然苞也无一个
    This is not Chinese poems la...

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    This is not Chinese poems la...
    兰花草 can be your children, you nurture them and keep hoping

眼见秋天到移兰入暖房
    朝朝频顾惜夜夜不能忘
    但愿花开早能将宿愿偿
    满庭花簇簇开得许多香

=> nowadays parents pamper their children just like 兰花草 isn't it?

I post it because Laguna talking about children, nothing to do with reciting Chinese poems
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    They have to pay for their food if they get posted to some place that don't provide free food! But my friend who got posted to that sort of place still managed to save enough money for a holiday to HK! (No money from parents)
    Quote Originally Posted by evergreen
    i know that even the camouflage paste (or whatever it's called) is very expensive! quite unfair to make the guys buy it themselves.
    it just struck me. that's why bring up this old post.

do you think NS men are partially subsidising the government ?

it reminds me of the way plantation companies ask workers to subsidise the companies
    in remote areas, food supplies are hard to come buy and/or companies forbid outsiders to sell inside the plantations. the companies set up canteen or grocery stores to supply food to the workers. of course the supplies are sold at cost + markup. the markup help reduce cost of the plantations.
    easiest to sell is cigarettes.

quite a number also the workers to provide their their own harvesting equipment, PPE etc. if workers don't have, company will supply them and deduct from their salary.

similarly for ns, the army rent out the stalls and sell supplies. If you buy camouflage paint, you are paying the government to be tortured.

兰花草 can be your children, you nurture them and keep hoping

眼见秋天到移兰入暖房
    朝朝频顾惜夜夜不能忘
    但愿花开早能将宿愿偿
    满庭花簇簇开得许多香

=> nowadays parents pamper their children just like 兰花草 isn't it?

I post it because Laguna talking about children, nothing to do with reciting Chinese poems
    I like this song but nn clue of the meaning ... Now understand, and quite true.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    We got a 100 -years old man to give her the name to make up what is short of in the five elements.
    is the hundred year old man still alive? maybe shld ask him to help me take a look at my son and daughter's name.

actually i do believe in name change.. i myself had a name change when i was 12 yrs old. and boy did i feel that my life took a big big change in a positive way.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    it just struck me. that's why bring up this old post.

do you think NS men are partially subsidising the government ?

it reminds me of the way plantation companies ask workers to subsidise the companies
    in remote areas, food supplies are hard to come buy and/or companies forbid outsiders to sell inside the plantations. the companies set up canteen or grocery stores to supply food to the workers. of course the supplies are sold at cost + markup. the markup help reduce cost of the plantations.
    easiest to sell is cigarettes.

quite a number also the workers to provide their their own harvesting equipment, PPE etc. if workers don't have, company will supply them and deduct from their salary.

similarly for ns, the army rent out the stalls and sell supplies. If you buy camouflage paint, you are paying the government to be tortured.
    all NS men are given SAF credits that can be used at e-marts... so garmen never ask sgeans to subsidize them lar.

but hor, we subsidize the army market agents at golden mile. lol.. i used to always buy from there as lazy to go down army camp to buy the barang barang.

Default Re: YOUNG INVESTORS

Real estate investment is often an excellent investment if you're taking the time to teach yourself about the method and therefore the best ways to urge great returns. However, most of the people who have an interest in buying rental properties or the best real estate property land as an investment never do so.The sooner you get into the important estate game, the earlier you'll succeed. Rental properties build equity over time and therefore the longer they need to understand, the larger your portfolio is going to be. After all, passive income is vital to life-long wealth.

Range boosters are very good for every type of domain you have, and it only consists of improving your interaction algorithm. You must increase the popularity of your website using legendary SEO techniques that solve your life in weeks. You can know and use a good number of techniques at no cost or hire the most profitable one.
    Find Out How Quickly You Can Rank High In Your Business
    VoIP virtual phone number

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage View Post
    Price? Graveyard? Send u story next...

» An opportune moment to take risk Business Times: Mon, Jun 25

UNLIKE his peers, Justin Koh Zhi-Ren doesn't spend much on games, wild partying or branded apparel. Instead, like a true-blue Singaporean, he would rather splurge on food.

But the 24-year-old Economics major at the Singapore Management University (SMU) still manages to save a large portion of his allowance, even after spending quite a bit to satisfy his tummy.

Of the $75 he received as weekly allowance during his days as a student at Anglo-Chinese Junior College, Justin saved between $30 and $50.

This habit has followed Justin through his army and undergraduate days, and is what the young investor has built his investment portfolio on. "I am definitely a saver. I always enjoyed watching my bank account grow, but never knew about other alternatives where I could place my money in besides the bank," Justin said.

Q: When did you start investing?

A: I started investing just after army in 2009, when the economy started to pick up.

I used the savings I had from my army days, about $20,000 to $30,000. At that time, it was just blind luck, but I managed to buy many quality counters at low prices. But I wouldn't consider this investing.

Only after I entered SMU did I start investing properly. By that time, I had a lot more knowledge from my readings from school.

Q: What got you interested in investing?

A: Independence, mainly. I've always believed in not putting all my eggs in one basket.

I've learnt that it's important to have a safety net. Times are bad and people who expect to work for a long time can get fired in an instant. It would be unwise of me to risk everything on one job. At least this way, I can spread the risks around.

Also, passive income is important because there's only so much you can earn.

For example, even if you earn $200 an hour, there's no way you can earn millions at the end of the year. Smart investments would help me get more income - it's all about working less and earning more.

Q: What do you currently invest in, and what strategies do you follow?

A: I try to diversify my investments and not put all my money in one industry.

I've also heard that it's wise to break down investments into different classes, like property, bonds, equities or stocks. But with a smaller portfolio like mine, it's a bit difficult to do that.

Currently, I buy Reits (real estate investment trusts). Their allure is that I get to play the property market, although I feel it's a bit overpriced now. There are minimal dividends but still enough for a decent meal.

I also invest in water and food. I believe that water treatment and food scarcity are two pressing issues. The water company I'm investing in can be quite volatile now, but I believe it will be profitable in the long run.

It's a macro way of thinking, but it's these trends that define where the world is moving towards.

Q: Are there other factors you would take into account before investing in a company?

A: Yes. Ethical concerns may not be so important in the past, but today, it defines whether a company succeeds. People are becoming smarter, and with the Internet, a small misdeed can go viral and destroy the brand.

It's important that a company goes out of its way to give back. The returns may not be astronomical, but it makes you feel good too.

Q: Do you use credit cards?

A: Yes I do. I have three credit and three debit cards. I get credit cards for the perks but 95 per cent of my spending is only on one card.

I prefer using credit cards over cash as it allows me to track my spending. In fact, I try to charge 100 per cent of my expenditure to my credit card.

When I pay cash, I don't keep the receipts and may get a shock at the end of the month. With credit cards, the statements show me exactly where I have been spending my money. If this month the statement shows that most of my expenditure is on food, I'd know what to cut down on the next month.

Q: How would you describe your risk appetite?

A: Very large. Not because I like to gamble, but because I feel that this is the opportune moment to learn about investing, when I can afford to make mistakes.

I'm still a student, my parents still support me. I don't have other responsibilities except to study and learn more about the world.

If I were to make serious mistakes, it's still cheaper to make them now, compared to the future. Ultimately, costly lessons will still cost less now than in the future.

Q: Any tips to share from your experience in investing?

A: Information is power. Read widely, see what suits you, and stick to it! Many people want to invest, but won't stick to it. They are influenced by external factors, even though the company is fundamentally good.

I would advise new investors to read the local papers. If you want more, there's always Bloomberg and CNBC, and to go further, read some finance books.

For example, I once read about Peter Lynch and his concept of investing only in what you understand. It sounds simple, but not everyone understands this.

Doing all this would give someone a good overview on finance, but it would not teach you about investing itself.

Investing itself is more of a thought process, so it differs for everyone - whether long-term or short- term investors - everybody has their own style.

If you're between the ages of 17 and 30 and wish to share your investing story too, e-mail [email protected] with "Starting Young" in the subject heading now. Views shared by young investors in this space are their own, and not endorsed by BT.

Source: Business Times © Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.
    Many a times, we are always looking and publicising success stories. Little do we know that there are abundance who had get sucked in the black hole and nvr got back up.

Yes totally agree that media just makes things look wonderful. But there are some very good projects that is would looking at like pasir ris 8 condo. Integrated condo with great potential. Probably one of the lowest psf. simple google can get it https://www.pasir-ris8-officialsite.com

But my idea. is still people with no money just get EC and wait for it to MOP! Now Parc greenwich worth the look! https://parcgreenwich-officialsite.com

At least from here we know the couple trying to make more money! so lets do it to!!