Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Condo mthly fees

Default Condo mthly fees

for a small development (41 units) with just a small pool, bbq area and small gym.. is $455 per mth for a 3br unit considered ok? this is a new devt and will top soon.

i know bigger devts charge approx 300/mth for a 3br unit... so not sure if 455/mth is considered excessive?

considering buying a unit but feel that the maintenance fee is a tad too high (not to mention additional sinking funds in future when devt starts to get older?!).

any advice appreciated. thanks...

that is siao!!!

small plot of land yet so ex maint. fee..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

$455 * 41 = $18655...

consider... electrical/electricity bill for common area, swimming pools, gyms, landscaping, lift maintenance, cleaning services, hire estate manager (off site)... i do not think can afford security guards...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    $455 * 41 = $18655...

consider... electrical/electricity bill for common area, swimming pools, gyms, landscaping, lift maintenance, cleaning services, hire estate manager (off site)... i do not think can afford security guards...

not all is 3br ba... for la dolce vita

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    that is siao!!!

small plot of land yet so ex maint. fee..
    for maintenance fee, possible to negotiate down?

$455 * 41 = $18655...

so... $455 is considered ok for small devts?

I feel is too expensive. 350 more reasonable. join mcst and bring it down after first yr.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincegoh
    so... $455 is considered ok for small devts?
    what about big plot of land + still same maint. fee ?

which one you choose?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

It seems barely enough for 2 security guards for this proj.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

my friend fh 2bdr condo in bt timah, 1000+sqft groundflr with patio, 50+ units only, ~15yr old... maintenance charges is like S$200+... got swimming pool etc... he also does not know why so cheap...

my friend fh 2bdr condo in bt timah, 1000+sqft groundflr with patio, 50+ units only, ~15yr old... maintenance charges is like S$200+... got swimming pool etc... he also does not know why so cheap...
    nice management + developer ?

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    what about big plot of land + still same maint. fee ?

which one you choose?
    of cos choose big plot of land same fee loh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    I feel is too expensive. 350 more reasonable. join mcst and bring it down after first yr.
    dunno if can ask them for the breakdown on how they derive 65 per share value...

Wait till mc ask for more money to fund maintenance.. Properlty of that age is exposed the unpredictable maintenance or repair .. Unless over the years they have accumulated good funds thru good management which are very rare..

Any body got data or idea of a healthy funds account of the condo? 3mio? 4mio. ?? Etc etc

I used to asked for a copy of the yearly report from agent/owner...

for a small development (41 units) with just a small pool, bbq area and small gym.. is $455 per mth for a 3br unit considered ok? this is a new devt and will top soon.

i know bigger devts charge approx 300/mth for a 3br unit... so not sure if 455/mth is considered excessive?

considering buying a unit but feel that the maintenance fee is a tad too high (not to mention additional sinking funds in future when devt starts to get older?!).

Maybe the first few months of the fee is paid by developer for the unsold unit. The mc initislyyy adked for higher fee...
    How many unit unsold? Then later when the full mc is formed , and gotten the yearly expenditure , then they may reduce downward..

dunno if can ask them for the breakdown on how they derive 65 per share value...
    Cannot. Will say that authority approved liao. But can scrutinise the accounts of what each cent is being used for in first AGM.

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Maybe the first few months of the fee is paid by developer for the unsold unit. The mc initislyyy adked for higher fee...
    How many unit unsold? Then later when the full mc is formed , and gotten the yearly expenditure , then they may reduce downward..
    This is correct. First year typically build up Sinking Fund first.... Once sizeable then no need to keep adding on.

they recently launched the last phase so still got ard 10-13 units unsold (top expected next month or 2). but thought developer got 3 mths grace period after TOP no need pay maintenance fee one?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
    Cannot. Will say that authority approved liao. But can scrutinise the accounts of what each cent is being used for in first AGM.
    okie.. kam siah many.

looks like have to resign to the fate of paying 455 per mth if i do get a unit there. sian leh.. somemore they scrooged on facilities (removed jacuzzi in common pool).

Hi,
    too expensive.
    For a 70+ unit dev in Telok Kurau, we pay $420(7share for 4 bedroom x $60/share). Main fund is $10/share. So total per month is $490

they recently launched the last phase so still got ard 10-13 units unsold (top expected next month or 2). but thought developer got 3 mths grace period after TOP no need pay maintenance fee one?
    The developer add in this clause ? For any unsold units, the fees are paid by developer.

In term of percentile , unsold unit is high due to low unit quantum .
    Nonetheless, in term of per share , the fee is on the high side

Quote Originally Posted by CP5211
    Hi,
    too expensive.
    For a 70+ unit dev in Telok Kurau, we pay $420(7share for 4 bedroom x $60/share). Main fund is $10/share. So total per month is $490
    okie thanks.. sighz

The developer add in this clause ? For any unsold units, the fees are paid by developer.

In term of percentile , unsold unit is high due to low unit quantum .
    Nonetheless, in term of per share , the fee is on the high side
    the developer just launched final phase in may so i think they shld haf considered that they will be able to sell most remaining before TOP in july/aug bah? hence the high maintenance fee would have taken into consideration this factor?

oh.. i dunno abt whether there's this clause. but i did read in a document that there's such a general clause for developer to escape paying 3 mths (after top or awaiting tsf of ownership to SP).

the developer just launched final phase in may so i think they shld haf considered that they will be able to sell most remaining before TOP in july/aug bah? hence the high maintenance fee would have taken into consideration this factor?

oh.. i dunno abt whether there's this clause. but i did read in a document that there's such a general clause for developer to escape paying 3 mths (after top or awaiting tsf of ownership to SP).
    Just curious, which proj is it?

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Just curious, which proj is it?
    It's la dolce vita d19 off upper paya lebar.. A small devt that I quite like as a whole..

I just sold my 3-bedder unit in a small condo devt in Pasir Panjang. Last monthly maintenance and sinking fund cost was $440 per month. Only facility was a small swimming pool.

The problem is that "events" like roof repair, painting, etc. will hit the sinking fund hard because the account is small, and they will then have to ask for more money in the next year, etc.

Also a bit painful when you know that a 3-bedder in a place like Rivergate with fancy facilities, etc. is only around $350.

That said, the scariest one I have heard of is that 2-bedders in Cosmopolitan have monthly fees of $680!

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight
    I just sold my 3-bedder unit in a small condo devt in Pasir Panjang. Last monthly maintenance and sinking fund cost was $440 per month. Only facility was a small swimming pool.

The problem is that "events" like roof repair, painting, etc. will hit the sinking fund hard because the account is small, and they will then have to ask for more money in the next year, etc.

Also a bit painful when you know that a 3-bedder in a place like Rivergate with fancy facilities, etc. is only around $350.

That said, the scariest one I have heard of is that 2-bedders in Cosmopolitan have monthly fees of $680!
    Hi. May I know how old is your condo development?

In case you questioning my motive of asking, I am just like to know the age versus condo maintenance trend.

yah loh.. see until eyes green with envy with those big devts.. got nice landscaping and facilities.. but maintenance quite affordable. but of cos more pple vying for its use also.

There is no economy of scale.

Normally, in such a small development, there is no guard, using auto-gate. Part time cleaner, no full time mgt office. I saw so much projects in TK are like that.

thats exactly why I dont like living in small development.

Visited Botannia along west coast once, the facilities there are fantastic, especially the gas BBQ grills, gym, tennis court and the landscaping. i was told maintenance fee is around $300 for 3 bedder.