Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Riversails (Upper Serangoon Crescent) - 99 Yr LH, Allgreen Properties Ltd

Wow a wow.

http://newlaunchguru.com/riversails

265007 square feet
    920 units
    Luxury Index: 288 square feet / unit of space. But I see the facilities gao gao. Am I deceived?
    Affordable means small

Looking at the map, seems like DBSS e.g block 476A is better located

Even better than all the Condos (Riversalis, BH and Heron Bay). No road between the block and park connectors and also nearer to makan area.

If qualified for HDB, this will be a good bargain.

Nowadays, I do find that HDB location is improving, and some even surpass condo. Jiust observation.

On second thought, we had moved ahead to pte, we already got our gain. cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Riversails vs skies miltonia 1 bedders both 4xxk. Which one will you choose?

cheaper one

met up with an agent n to discussed with him about riversails. it seems that the developer is worried about clearing the units. riversound has been marketing since beginning of the year and still got about 200 units not sold, just like boathouse. For riversails to sell fast, the price has to be super attractive. the way i see it is that demand for riversails will be fueled by hdb upgraders living in that area and price support will be from surrounding hdb, watertown, luxurie and those highly priced punggol projects near mrt. I have a very strong feeling developers will still be holding on to many units even when TOP so to those interested in buying, buy it only if you want to live in the area.

Yah, too many empty units in the NE sector. Unless they price it at around 750psf, it will be very difficult to clear the units.

i somehow feel there will still be pulling factor coz some old 10+ yrs old resale condos in the suburbs already selling above 800psf, so to buy a totally brand new condo at 8xxpsf could be a steal whatever negative factors for the location. Again it is a gamble, how the take up rate for the area is going to be like for new upcoming flats in the area is hard to predict. The EC beside riversails would add pressure to the price of riversails but that will be many years later taking into consideration MOP.

Yah, too many empty units in the NE sector. Unless they price it at around 750psf, it will be very difficult to clear the units.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    met up with an agent n to discussed with him about riversails. it seems that the developer is worried about clearing the units. riversound has been marketing since beginning of the year and still got about 200 units not sold, just like boathouse. For riversails to sell fast, the price has to be super attractive. the way i see it is that demand for riversails will be fueled by hdb upgraders living in that area and price support will be from surrounding hdb, watertown, luxurie and those highly priced punggol projects near mrt. I have a very strong feeling developers will still be holding on to many units even when TOP so to those interested in buying, buy it only if you want to live in the area.
    Spoken to an agent thru' coffee this morning and heard that the cheque collection is not too good at the moment. So either the comm not attractive or there is no special attraction in this project. Think allgreen should understand that the only thing this project can sell is thru' attractive price.

Anyway, for me is still pricing. For 3 bedder,
    strong buy below 750psf
    Can buy below 800 psf.
    Anything 800psf and above, Bye bye

think below $800psf is tough unless penthouse. My guess is it will be between $800-850psf. If buyers cooperate and dont give cheque from now till launch, developer panic and may consider reducing price even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by propertyinvestor
    Spoken to an agent thru' coffee this morning and heard that the cheque collection is not too good at the moment. So either the comm not attractive or there is no special attraction in this project. Think allgreen should understand that the only thing this project can sell is thru' attractive price.

strong buy below 750psf
    Can buy below 800 psf.

strong buy below 750psf
    Can buy below 800 psf.
    Wad an honest agent, or probably response is so jialat that there is no way to smoke through

think below $800psf is tough unless penthouse. My guess is it will be between $800-850psf. If buyers cooperate and dont give cheque from now till launch, developer panic and may consider reducing price even more.
    Agent said indicative is 850psf. Actually 8xxpsf in any mass market condo still can buy. But because we know break-even only 615psf, it becomes hard for buyer to swallow this price range of 8xxpsf and thinking the developer earn a big fortune from u.

Agent said indicative is 850psf. Actually 8xxpsf in any mass market condo still can buy. But because we know break-even only 615psf, it becomes hard for buyer to swallow this price range of 8xxpsf and thinking the developer earn a big fortune from u.
    Then I must say FEO is Master of Deception ... Decepticon

Buyers of FEO project bought already still feel very good
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Actually, IMHO, up to 80% of buyers or potential buyers will not know the break-even psf and won't even bother about it. They merely compare with other nearby or far off projects to make their decisions. Developer will slice them up easily.

according to ura, parc olympia sell at 874psf median
    but actually there are tons of 3 bedders priced at 7xx, lowest is 73x

if riversails indicative 850psf, i think should be many choice of units (3br) below 800

URA / HDB / MND better don't chicken out and stop supplying if they are serious about bringing the price of condo to affordable level... otherwise it's all talk and no action for those who want to upgrade.

There seems to be a wooden cabinet in the bathroom for the 1 bedder. Not sure will the cabinet rots due to moist.

Quote Originally Posted by Super
    There seems to be a wooden cabinet in the bathroom for the 1 bedder. Not sure will the cabinet rots due to moist.
    One of the worst 1BR design I have seen ... Even worst than those with HS as wardrobe! Guess they have to provide plastic or SS type of wardrobe to solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    One of the worst 1BR design I have seen ... Even worst than those with HS as wardrobe! Guess they have to provide plastic or SS type of wardrobe to solve this problem.
    Yup. If it is really made of wood, owner/tenant will have to buy a lot of this.

Why is there a door opening to the wall beside the entrance to the bathroom?

There is a big panel on the wall covering up the washing machine. Is that supposed to be able to slide and cover the bedroom when needed?

Last edited by azeoprop; 02-09-12 at 12:43.

Agents are pushing hard outside Heartland Mall this morning.....

Why is there a door opening to the wall beside the entrance to the bathroom?

There is a big panel on the wall covering up the washing machine. Is that supposed to be able to slide and cover the bedroom when needed?

The hinged door is the room door when the mega sliding panel is in place as a wall separating the bed room and livig room. The bizarre part of the floor plan is the wardrobe which I think has to be made of shipyard timber and the washing machine that has no access point since it's back-facing the sliding panel. Maybe the washer access point is right at the shower area (below the void area) or the washer is drawn wrongly, it should be accessible from the sliding panel.

the 2br is bigger than riversound.. is it due to the big balcony space that you guys are saying?

sorry if this qn sound silly. first timer in getting private property here

Quote Originally Posted by cotter
    the 2br is bigger than riversound.. is it due to the big balcony space that you guys are saying?

sorry if this qn sound silly. first timer in getting private property here
    Hi Cotter, I was first time looking for a private property like you. After comparing the floor plans of both Riversails and Riversound, the 2br at sails is bigger and it does look like beside a more generous balcony, it also has a HS (home shelter).

Sound only has one type 2br which is 753sqft while Sails has several ranging from 850sqft (B4) to 947sqft (B2s). Although we felt that opened area such as balcony are like wasted, there are many who liked them. But ultimately, you pay based on the unit price, which I believe the 2 project would not differ very much due to their close proximity.

Then again, if you are looking at 850-950sqft, Sound also has a 3br that is 904sqft, again it has no HS and a modest balcony. Sails 3br, however starts from 1033sqft. I think the most crucial would be with what you can afford, the choice should be one that you will like and look forward to live in unless you're buying for investment.

Happy house hunting.

Thanks jawzsg. Yeap looking for 2br and comparing sound and sails. 3br would be out of budget..
    Guess HS could be useful in storing stuff although I would prefer a smaller balcony. Probably wait for the showroom to check out the furnishings and space to get a feel of it.

any news about the cheque collection status for this project? One agent told me developer targeting to sell out 450 unit in the first 2 weeks. I have a strong feeling that there will be many units left unsold even upon TOP so for those interested to buy, do be prepared for that eventuality, coz selling upon TOP would be a challenge. If buying for own stay, then it isn't much of an issue.

any news about the cheque collection status for this project? One agent told me developer targeting to sell out 450 unit in the first 2 weeks. I have a strong feeling that there will be many units left unsold even upon TOP so for those interested to buy, do be prepared for that eventuality, coz selling upon TOP would be a challenge. If buying for own stay, then it isn't much of an issue.
    should not worry too much about cheque collection. Even if u do, just do a search in the property guru and get the sales person to do a personal presentation at your place.

If the developer come up with competitive pricing, it will sell well. Otherwise, I believe it is just another pte condo.

this is a big project with 900+ units. all the 4 sites are facing building. To the north is riversound, to the east and west is HDB BTO and to the south is currently open (but further south is DBSS).

For new launches, cheque collection is usually used by the developers as a gauge of interest. They are smart to get agents to collect cheques beforehand so the developer can decide last minute what prices to throw at buyers during the preview. If buyers can cooperate and not give cheque, developers erik panic and chances of getting good price is high, if many buyers are kiasu n give cheque, they will end up with not so give pricing coz developer sees strong demand n won't reduce price.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels
    should not worry too much about cheque collection. Even if u do, just do a search in the property guru and get the sales person to do a personal presentation at your place.

If the developer come up with competitive pricing, it will sell well. Otherwise, I believe it is just another pte condo.

this is a big project with 900+ units. all the 4 sites are facing building. To the north is riversound, to the east and west is HDB BTO and to the south is currently open (but further south is DBSS).

I think to the south will be a school.

For new launches, cheque collection is usually used by the developers as a gauge of interest. They are smart to get agents to collect cheques beforehand so the developer can decide last minute what prices to throw at buyers during the preview. If buyers can cooperate and not give cheque, developers erik panic and chances of getting good price is high, if many buyers are kiasu n give cheque, they will end up with not so give pricing coz developer sees strong demand n won't reduce price.
    i agree.

You can still get the agent to present to you and not giving cheque.

got to know from an agent that the indicate price is 800psf to 850psf.

got to know from an agent that the indicate price is 800psf to 850psf.
    thats really cheap.