Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Riversails (Upper Serangoon Crescent) - 99 Yr LH, Allgreen Properties Ltd

Break even for developer is far lesser. I think the price is about right for the area. But i bet with that price, one year after the launch there will still be at least 200 units left unsold.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    thats really cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Break even for developer is far lesser. I think the price is about right for the area. But i bet with that price, one year after the launch there will still be at least 200 units left unsold.
    For own stay & provided you drive, still ok. $800 psf is not cheap but is reasonable. Too many in the vicinity to choose.

River isles, river sound, flo residence and many others still got units totaling to few hundred, enough to make up a big condo. Is this a sign of market saturation for the area? Problem with punggol is govt is very active in selling land n building flats for housing there but not much development in terms of shopping n not as robust as jurong imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    For own stay & provided you drive, still ok. $800 psf is not cheap but is reasonable. Too many in the vicinity to choose.

River isles, river sound, flo residence and many others still got units totaling to few hundred, enough to make up a big condo. Is this a sign of market saturation for the area? Problem with punggol is govt is very active in selling land n building flats for housing there but not much development in terms of shopping n not as robust as jurong imo.
    If not, how can the median and average psf still stay stable..
    It is a illusion created by the government that price did not trend up..

I don't think its market saturation... I suggest that its a matter of too many projects in too short a duration (but if this is how you define market saturation, then it is). If this area has just 3 big projects, it should be snapped up in no time. However, I estimate that there are at least 14 big projects coming in (including ECs) and it would probably require some 3 to 4 years to clear up the stock. Maybe this is Mr Khaw's strategy to soften the OCR market???

Quick check on the new projects around (Punggol and SK): FLO, River isles, river sound, Riversail, Austville (EC), Esparina (EC), Prive (EC), Twin Waterfall (EC), Parc Centros, Luxurie, H2O, Parc Vera (not in SK or Punggol but near enough), WaterTown, A treasure trove, etc... Just for argument sake, if each project has an average of 500 units (very conservative; River Isles already has 610 units), we have easily 7000 new units available over the last 2 years. This number might well be over 8000 units. How to sustain in a span of 2 years? Give it some time and the units will be gone!!!

Default riversails

Was aiming for 1 bedder but noticed the number of 1 bedrooms are quite limited for riversails. Most probably will go for the 2 bedder if the overall layout and feel is good during the launch. Hope it'll be well within my budget. Might have early bird discounts if we register early for the preview: http://buysgcondo.wordpress.com/2012...ls-condo-vvip/ Let's just see how it goes.

NE definitely oversupply.

Good for own stay only. Invest sure die..

Indicative price before early bird discount for 1 bedder is 500-550k and 2 bedder and 2+ study is 700-800k. Average psf before discount is 838psf.

so ex? typical of All Green

Riviera 38 was an anomaly. Maybe they save on the construction cost....

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Indicative price before early bird discount for 1 bedder is 500-550k and 2 bedder and 2+ study is 700-800k. Average psf before discount is 838psf.

a 10% discount will bring the price to about 750psf

A bit disappointed with the pricing of the 1 bedders. Even with 10% discount the cheapest will be around 450k, based on 506sqft = 889psf

Higher than the ripple bay psf for 1 bedders.

RIPPLE BAY PASIR RIS LINK Condominium 1 415,135 484 Strata 857 Apr-12

And its only a STUDIO not even proper one bedder

A bit disappointed with the pricing of the 1 bedders. Even with 10% discount the cheapest will be around 450k, based on 506sqft = 889psf

I forecasted 880psf..... i'm very close.... hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    And its only a STUDIO not even proper one bedder
    Noobie question, what's the diff bet a studio and 1br?

Upon TOP you can expect to sell for around $1100-1200psf for the one bedr. You just need to ask yourself if that is all the profit you want to make?

Studios do not have a room with proper door and toilet, the bedroom is usually an extension of the living room.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Noobie question, what's the diff bet a studio and 1br?

Studios do not have a room with proper door and toilet, the bedroom is usually an extension of the living room.
    Thanks bro...

Resale value of this area is uncertain coz this area is simply too congested. Supply exceeds demand. Then again, if TOP drags beyond 4 years, then maybe demand stability is achieved so prices may well soar again... also, SSD is over!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels
    a 10% discount will bring the price to about 750psf
    Yes. 750psf will be idea for 3 bedder based on this location.

Don't think developer would sell at that price. Have you chosen your unit?
    Quote Originally Posted by propertyinvestor
    Yes. 750psf will be idea for 3 bedder based on this location.

Because RP has tested the sweet spot .... nowadays LKK 3r HDB far from MRT also 300k+ ... how can brand new condo 500sqft sell cheap cheap
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Don't think developer would sell at that price. Have you chosen your unit?
    Yes. Chosen already. Anyway, let c on the preview date what the developer has to offer?

Best of luck in getting your desired unit

Yes. Chosen already. Anyway, let c on the preview date what the developer has to offer?

Best of luck in getting your desired unit
    Thanks. So did u place in a cheque or are u interested to buy in?

Have till the preview to think about it. Which stack did you go for, stack 8?
    Thanks. So did u place in a cheque or are u interested to buy in?

For this project, face inside or pool better? Coz understand that its gonna be surrounded by high rise.

If facing outside, have to take units facing the river. There is one whole stretch facing hdb that are going very cheap, very much like flo residence. I personally think those facing the pool with distant view is the best. Make sure you choose those stacks where proximity to another block in front is not that near.
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    For this project, face inside or pool better? Coz understand that its gonna be surrounded by high rise.

If facing outside, have to take units facing the river. There is one whole stretch facing hdb that are going very cheap, very much like flo residence. I personally think those facing the pool with distant view is the best. Make sure you choose those stacks where proximity to another block in front is not that near.
    Was at punggol park recently and got to walk around the perimeter of the site. The so called river is actually a super big drain and it does not look very nice.

One man's meat is another man's poison, there bound to have people don't mind the drain view. To me, I think for this project, those units facing the pool seem better.

Stack 8 good as it got through view of the whole development. Another one is high floor stack 9 if you want privacy. It is facing a school so got a big gap to the next high rise development.

I think stack 35 (C4) should have at least more than 75% river view. (not the big long kang view) but will also have morning sun. Stack 37 (C1) may have at least 50% river view and the rest 50% will be long kang view.

If they price it nicely, I may consider the stack 35 high floor. Else, I will go for stack 37.

Too bad, the stack 8 is only for 2 bedder. Else, I may select it as my first choice.

Regards.