Thread: help! water heater die liow....

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Default help! water heater die liow....

help! water heater die liow....

my water heater dead liow, some electricity leaking and ELCB (of DB box) will blackout my unit every time i turn that water heater on.
    just opened the partition in the bathroom ceiling and took some data...
    - device type: AMASCO, model AMC 815-H
    - power: 1.5KW, 15litre
    - size: 37cm diameter, 35cm length

I do not think I want to replace back the same model. i have another same device at my yard (for kitchen sink, not using), somehow pressure valve releases some water when heating (water dripping down). i'm not comfortable with this brand/model (else will just move working device from kitchen to bathroom).

1) anyone installed a instant heater (non storage type) inside the ceiling before?... will it work ??..

2) where will be a good place for me to look for water heaters (sungei road, pub/sp services, or some malls) ??

3) any other suggestions welcomed...

Last edited by ikan bilis; 16-08-12 at 14:23.

HAve not tried option 1 before, but you might want to consider a replace like Rheem, Ariston, Joven. I get my stuff from here prev, you can check them out -

http://www.universalunion.com.sg/

Rheem is awesome and handsomely expensive...

Kallang Leisure Mall
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Ferroli, good and cheap. Using it since 2010 till now still look very new.... .

use solar panel water heater, save electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE
    how much, looks cute
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Ur existing storage heater supply hot water throughout the hse, switching to instant heater need to seal off pipes running on hot water right?

Me using Gas Heater, provided ur place has pipe in gas. SP selling them, friendly on wallet since gas cheaper than electric. Auto cut off if no one is using it after a while.

rheem is expensive? one of my fragrance MM installed it by default... surprised

better to get professional to do it rather than diy. saves you lots of headache especially if you gonna lease out the place in future..

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    how much, looks cute
    200~230 exclude installation.

@ikan bilis,

Why you want to install the instant water in the ceiling?

Then how you going to control the temperature of the instant water heater?

Instant water heater got no mixer.
    So cannot mix hot and cold water and you have to manually control the temperature.

What you can do is to turn off the hot water pipe of the spoilt heater, then install the instant water outside and run the cold water pipe to the instant heater.

But these things better to get professional to install.

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    help! water heater die liow....

my water heater dead liow, some electricity leaking and ELCB (of DB box) will blackout my unit every time i turn that water heater on.
    just opened the partition in the bathroom ceiling and took some data...
    - device type: AMASCO, model AMC 815-H
    - power: 1.5KW, 15litre
    - size: 37cm diameter, 35cm length

I do not think I want to replace back the same model. i have another same device at my yard (for kitchen sink, not using), somehow pressure valve releases some water when heating (water dripping down). i'm not comfortable with this brand/model (else will just move working device from kitchen to bathroom).

1) anyone installed a instant heater (non storage type) inside the ceiling before?... will it work ??..

2) where will be a good place for me to look for water heaters (sungei road, pub/sp services, or some malls) ??

3) any other suggestions welcomed...

U need to check if this centre heater is distributing to kitchen etc etc
    If to install the instance heater u need to install new pipe line for in coming and out going and the pipes is exposed. On top of that u need to bypass or modify the existing inlet/outlet .
    Cost wise end up may come to the same and u ended with exposed pipe..

One more instance heater is subjected to scaling if on too hot and got to be careful ...

My heaters were just replaced. Suggest you change back the same heater as you may need to re-route your pipe which is much expensive than the heater. For info, above ceiling installation will cost you ~S$150. Additional piping will incur more charges

Quote Originally Posted by Lao Hu
    My heaters were just replaced. Suggest you change back the same heater as you may need to re-route your pipe which is much expensive than the heater. For info, above ceiling installation will cost you ~S$150. Additional piping will incur more charges
    Bro,, long long time nn see.... Nice seeing u back!!

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    Ur existing storage heater supply hot water throughout the hse, switching to instant heater need to seal off pipes running on hot water right?

Me using Gas Heater, provided ur place has pipe in gas. SP selling them, friendly on wallet since gas cheaper than electric. Auto cut off if no one is using it after a while.
    Condo usually has one in each bathroom.

thanks everyone....

i got my water heater changed liow...
    called few numbers and found a contractor installing ariston 15litres at $450, including running the copper pipes. might be able to get ~$100 cheaper if i go down to sungei road but too lazy...

hope this newly installed one can last for 5-10yrs...

Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE

alamak! not inside false ceiling??... if me i diy hoot instant heater (without water storage) liow....

I was using Rheem for more than a decade as it was one of the more popular ones back then... Last yr it broke down, and i did a search on the online forum and found out that Joven is getting more popular these days. So i changed to Joven and so far i enjoy using it ... water gets heated up real fast (almost instant) unlike the Rheem i was using.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    @ikan bilis,

Why you want to install the instant water in the ceiling?

Then how you going to control the temperature of the instant water heater?

Instant water heater got no mixer.
    So cannot mix hot and cold water and you have to manually control the temperature.

What you can do is to turn off the hot water pipe of the spoilt heater, then install the instant water outside and run the cold water pipe to the instant heater.

But these things better to get professional to install.
    main problem is must have a water tap/valve before the instant heater. I still can pump the hot water outlet into the same old hot water piping of the storage heater... to get it working, i figured out i must install it below the ceiling. me don't mind about that but the next buyer sure kpkb 1....

i like instant water heater (no water storage tank) more... bcoz...
    - not need to wait 5-10min for water heating
    - more lasting, proven
    - can diy anytime, already diy 2-3 sets before...
    - no water dripping problems, and damage the false ceiling
    - safer, no pressure build up
    - no need to worry about forgotten to off the switch
    - no need to flush out cold water in the piping
    - more energy saving, colder water passing through the heating element, and no extra 15-30 litres of water get heated and stored.
    - easier to adjust temperature, and do not get cooked by accidentally hit the lever of valve/tap....

anyway, already got an ariston installed...

Storage hot water heating system is good for homes with bath tub. Warm will be cooled down if use instant heater.
    main problem is must have a water tap/valve before the instant heater. I still can pump the hot water outlet into the same old hot water piping of the storage heater... to get it working, i figured out i must install it below the ceiling. me don't mind about that but the next buyer sure kpkb 1....

- more lasting, proven
    - more energy saving, colder water passing through the heating element, and no extra 15-30 litres of water get heated and stored.
    - easier to adjust temperature, and do not get cooked by accidentally hit the lever of valve/tap....

I love how the tap water still piping hot the next morning after my.shower at night...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Mine is a 50L water heater, got for a warm bathtub full of water.

thanks everyone....

i got my water heater changed liow...
    called few numbers and found a contractor installing ariston 15litres at $450, including running the copper pipes. might be able to get ~$100 cheaper if i go down to sungei road but too lazy...

hope this newly installed one can last for 5-10yrs...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Use water tank heater won't get cook if you get a proper set of shower, eg Hansgrohe with a water temperature thermometer setting on 1 side knob and water volume on the other side knob. Set the temperature once and use forever without needing to adjust again. Easy as 1 2 3.

- more lasting, proven

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    I love how the tap water still piping hot the next morning after my.shower at night...
    yeap..the first fire up and can use the whole day..sometime even the next day

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Use water tank heater won't get cook if you get a proper set of shower, eg Hansgrohe with a water temperature thermometer setting on 1 side knob and water volume on the other side knob. Set the temperature once and use forever without needing to adjust again. Easy as 1 2 3.
    The mixer will able to mix the cold and hot water very easy