Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading to landed?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    LOL.... you are giving me ideas .
    I have yet to plough through the pdf file of BCA.
    But building downwards should be much more expensive than upwards, right?
    definitely building downwards more expensive. but safer. it is not that visible.

dont depend on the kindness of strangers and the government in any emergency.
    1st day, everybody shock. people still willing to help.
    2nd day, food water running down, tempers start to rise.
    3rd day, everybody for themselves.

google the recent haitian earthquake. roving gangs snatched food from NGOs. they control the food supply. women raped or trade sex for food.

especially for ethnic minorities. Stories abound of ethnic minorities in Aceh earthquake being denied aid. (not the NGOs denying aid to ethnic minorities, but the major ethnic groups and government).

if you want to built underground bunker/bomb shelter, disguise the trap door by building a structure, like a gazebo over it, making the trap door like part of the gazebo flooring.

hence i prefer landed to condos for own stay.
    Last edited by hopeful; 30-08-12 at 10:31.

think tat threadstarter already bought his landed tats why he no-show in this thread. Heard from my agent friend that she just sold a brand new semi-d at Taman Siglap for $4m !!! Coincidence ?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    a souped up Nissan GTR can also be a supercar lol
    turbocharged milk tin - oppa gundam style!

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    turbocharged milk tin - oppa gundam style!
    Dun play play hor, hv seen one souped up GTR smoke a Ferrari (most probly stock) big time. The Ferrari owner must hv @#$%^&* to his car's lousy performance.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Lol.. ya...
    I already looked up to Blue for having a semi-d at d15 and a supercar and a 70 inch TV! Walau... if have a tiny lap pool cum water feature... I will happily stay there. Who cares about truly rich must stay in bungalow or gcb..

One step at a time.. Don't look down on others mah

Best phrase for all of us to remember :-
    In Life, we may be different in status. However, dignity is the same irrespective. Learn to respect one another.

On a sidenote, if blue and the others want to thrash out who is richer.. I don't mind being the judge.. Just bring me to your houses respectively. I won't reveal who you are :>

And to cheer everyone up.. .OPPA GANGNAM STYLE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
    Bro, coincidently, my place has a water feature. Lap pool can be also added but need $$$ and contemplating abt it...

Not trying to brag who is rich and who is not, humble pple like u r always a pleasure to chat with. Can share ideas on how to generate more wealth so u can eventually fulfill your dream. Like one folk here say:" Start from small, that is the correct method. And it's nvr too late to go into the mkt as long as u hv the holding power. Dun try to time the market peaks and troughs bec this is purely luck. Property is a mid to long term investmt. The safe thing is you wun lose everything even during a trough not like running a business on your own which you can eventually lose everything you invested. U oso dun need to actively manage it. Just buy, sit and wait for price to appreciate. Leverage is the best means of making high returns. Dun fully pay but borrow to the max especially in such low interest rate environment. The returns can be as high as 25% to 50% per annum! Dun worry abt interest rate going up, bec by the the time this happens, tat means your property price would already gone up few notches!

Dun be like some sour grapes who never listens and talk down on landed investmt. They always think they r right, and yet secretly behind go investigate what others are doing, and then try to pick up 1 or 2 areas to pinpoint and criticise. These type are truly HOPELESS case. They forever linger in this forum, talk down on other investments, boast their own, wait for preys to buy their so called CCR MM condos which is not even inside Orchard Rd or CBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Bro, coincidently, my place has a water feature. Lap pool can be also added but need $$$ and contemplating abt it...

Not trying to brag who is rich and who is not, humble pple like u r always a pleasure to chat with. Can share ideas on how to generate more wealth so u can eventually fulfill your dream. Like one folk here say:" Start from small, that is the correct method. And it's nvr too late to go into the mkt as long as u hv the holding power. Dun try to time the market peaks and troughs bec this is purely luck. Property is a mid to long term investmt. The safe thing is you wun lose everything even during a trough not like running a business on your own which you can eventually lose everything you invested. U oso dun need to actively manage it. Just buy, sit and wait for price to appreciate. Leverage is the best means of making high returns. Dun fully pay but borrow to the max especially in such low interest rate environment. The returns can be as high as 25% to 50% per annum! Dun worry abt interest rate going up, bec by the the time this happens, tat means your property price would already gone up few notches!

Dun be like some sour grapes who never listens and talk down on landed investmt. They always think they r right, and yet secretly behind go investigate what others are doing, and then try to pick up 1 or 2 areas to pinpoint and criticise. These type are truly HOPELESS case. They forever linger in this forum, talk down on other investments, boast their own, wait for preys to buy their so called CCR MM condos which is not even inside Orchard Rd or CBD.
    1) If you are so into landed property, then why did you buy a 99LH condo in Pasir Ris. I thought you dont like mixing around with "cheapskate low down condo property investors", especially mass market condo?

I would have thought that SuperKah (leg) dude like you should be snapping up The Hamilton what? can put disco lights in your garage to show the world you have a superKAH.

2) How on earth can someone be living in a semi-d be paying $140 of utilities a month? Is that the rent you are paying to your parents for occupying a room in the attic??

3) I am not sure what exactly you are talking about here? 25 to 50% returns? what are you smoking? Rising interest rate not a concern when you are heavily leverage? You think selling property is like selling stocks?

The returns can be as high as 25% to 50% per annum! Dun worry abt interest rate going up, bec by the the time this happens, tat means your property price would already gone up few notches!

4) In one of your post, you mentioned that your criteria for landed property must be 550m from MRT station. My question is, how did you come out with 550m? Why not 200m, 400m or 600m? Was it because your landed property in D19 is 550m away from MRT so you want to make it sound like 550m is the magic number of A grade landed property?

And your 70"TV

Dun play play hor, hv seen one souped up GTR smoke a Ferrari (most probly stock) big time. The Ferrari owner must hv @#$%^&* to his car's lousy performance.
    turban, insult right? grrrrrrr i agree some ferraris suck, depends on which

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    1) If you are so into landed property, then why did you buy a 99LH condo in Pasir Ris. I thought you dont like mixing around with "cheapskate low down condo property investors", especially mass market condo?

I would have thought that SuperKah (leg) dude like you should be snapping up The Hamilton what? can put disco lights in your garage to show the world you have a superKAH.

2) How on earth can someone be living in a semi-d be paying $140 of utilities a month? Is that the rent you are paying to your parents for occupying a room in the attic??

3) I am not sure what exactly you are talking about here? 25 to 50% returns? what are you smoking? Rising interest rate not a concern when you are heavily leverage? You think selling property is like selling stocks?

The returns can be as high as 25% to 50% per annum! Dun worry abt interest rate going up, bec by the the time this happens, tat means your property price would already gone up few notches!

4) In one of your post, you mentioned that your criteria for landed property must be 550m from MRT station. My question is, how did you come out with 550m? Why not 200m, 400m or 600m? Was it because your landed property in D19 is 550m away from MRT so you want to make it sound like 550m is the magic number of A grade landed property?

And your 70"TV
    U can go on blah blahing and guessing...but I wun share my investment secrets especially wif u

When someone tells u 1+1=2, u question why not =3 or 4 or why not 2+2.

Y bother explaining to someone who NEVER LISTENS aka HOPELESS? What does it benefit me to prove to u my point? Just to gain back my ego? So tat you can change ur mind in buying landed? U can save ur $$$ and 10 yrs from now, u r still lingering around this forum while those who have invested wisely have already cashed out and retire.

double post

U can go on blah blahing and guessing...but I wun share my investment secrets especially wif u

When someone tells u 1+1=2, u question why not =3 or 4 or why not 2+2.

Y bother explaining to someone who NEVER LISTENS aka HOPELESS? What does it benefit me to prove to u my point? Just to gain back my ego? So tat you can change ur mind in buying landed? U can save ur $$$ and 10 yrs from now, u r still lingering around this forum while those who have invested wisely have already cashed out and retire.

perhaps the reason is because there are people who question what they read and they dont blindly believe just because its written by someone who claim to he live in big landed property, drives a superKAH or 70"TV.

Instead of avoiding my many questions, perhaps you should try explain how you came up with $140 utilities bills for a semi-d with 5 rooms and 5 toilets?

Plus why do you need to limit your utlities expenses to just $140 per month when you are driving a fuel guzzling superKAH that easily depreciate $4K per month

And I also find it hard to believe that someone driving a superKAH will actually sneak into mass market condo as an uninvited guest just to use the facilities.

And I am also puzzled why must people buy landed that is 550m away from MRT and not 200m or 400m. Why 550m? Is that the magic number for real estate investment?

Plus, since you already living in landed property and keep condemning about condo living, then why buy a unit at Palette ? Mass market condo leh? Or was it a bunch of lies?

Behind the screen and keyboard, any man can write incredible things about himself, like how smart or how rich they are. So i think it is pretty pointless to go around tell others how great you are in a social forum and looking down on other who are computer hero.

Instead of avoiding my many questions, perhaps you should try explain how you came up with $140 utilities bills for a semi-d with 5 rooms and 5 toilets?
    it is entirely possible.
    water
    1) rain harvesting system. singapore is in the tropics.
    2) solar power well pump.

electricity
    3) solar cell +wind turbine. since his landed has good view, it means no obstruction, ie bright sunlight for the day + strong wind.

the $140 is when it rains during daytime, at night no wind, and battery bank exhausted, so have to use grid power.

$140 is equivalent to approximately how many kW and how many m3 water ?

blue is a prepper.

Plus, since you already living in landed property and keep condemning about condo living, then why buy a unit at Palette ?
    whats wrong with the above? many people also live in landed and buy condos. it doesnt mean live in landed can only buy landed.

it is entirely possible.
    water

electricity
    3) solar cell +wind turbine. since his landed has good view, it means no obstruction, ie bright sunlight for the day + strong wind.

the $140 is when it rains during daytime, at night no wind, and battery bank exhausted, so have to use grid power.

by the way, $140 is equivalent to approximately how many kW and how many m3 water ?

blue is a prepper.

Plus, since you already living in landed property and keep condemning about condo living, then why buy a unit at Palette ?
    whats wrong with the above? many people also live in landed and buy condos. it doesnt mean live in landed can only buy landed.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    it is entirely possible.
    water

electricity

$140 is equivalent to approximately how many kW and how many m3 water ?

blue is a prepper.

do you also happen to know the name of the developer who sold the semi d to Blue as well?

perhaps the reason is because there are people who question what they read and they dont blindly believe just because its written by someone who claim to he live in big landed property, drives a superKAH or 70"TV.

Plus why do you need to limit your utlities expenses to just $140 per month when you are driving a fuel guzzling superKAH that easily depreciate $4K per month

And I also find it hard to believe that someone driving a superKAH will actually sneak into mass market condo as an uninvited guest just to use the facilities.

And I am also puzzled why must people buy landed that is 550m away from MRT and not 200m or 400m. Why 550m? Is that the magic number for real estate investment?

Plus, since you already living in landed property and keep condemning about condo living, then why buy a unit at Palette ? Mass market condo leh? Or was it a bunch of lies?

Behind the screen and keyboard, any man can write incredible things about himself, like how smart or how rich they are. So i think it is pretty pointless to go around tell others how great you are in a social forum and looking down on other who are computer hero.
    Wah, u nvr quit until u get an answer, huh? So if I am able to produce a scanned copy of my utilities bill, what are u going to give me? $500 as a bet?

If I prove to u that I own a semi d + a condo + a supercar + 70" tv, $5000 bet from u?

Dun just ask for the sake of asking. Show me the $$$ and I show u the proof.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    it is entirely possible.
    water

electricity

by the way, $140 is equivalent to approximately how many kW and how many m3 water ?

blue is a prepper.

Bro, I dun hv to resort to high tech stuff like solar power or water recycling system to get $140 utilities bills. Actually that $140 to $160 utilities was for my inter-terrace of 3500sqft built up with 5 bathrms.

That HOPELESS "R" just read bits and pieces and quickly jumped the gun. My new Semi-D with 7 bathrms and running a 24 hrs pump and filtration system with lights for my koi pond clocked $200 worth of utilities which is still low as compared to many condos and HDBs.

I asked him to place his bets for me to show the proof, but I bet he is scratching his head now of what to reply next. For all we know, he's not going to come out with $5.5K to prove me wrong. Not easy to be cyber hero or cyber private investigator huh? Can turn out to be cyber turtle!

Wah, u nvr quit until u get an answer, huh? So if I am able to produce a scanned copy of my utilities bill, what are u going to give me? $500 as a bet?

If I prove to u that I own a semi d + a condo + a supercar + 70" tv, $5000 bet from u?

Dun just ask for the sake of asking. Show me the $$$ and I show u the proof.

Sure, bring it on. I am waiting.

focus, you are needed now... to be the Judge...

If your bill is reduced to $140 for that month coz you were hardly at home, I think it is achievable. If that is your regular monthly usage despite being at home most of the time, nobody would believe it. I know a lot of ppl living in hdb already more than $200.
    Bro, I dun hv to resort to high tech stuff like solar power or water recycling system to get $140 utilities bills. Actually that $140 to $160 utilities was for my inter-terrace of 3500sqft built up with 5 bathrms.

That HOPELESS "R" just read bits and pieces and quickly jumped the gun. My new Semi-D with 7 bathrms and running a 24 hrs pump and filtration system with lights for my koi pond clocked $200 worth of utilities which is still low as compared to many condos and HDBs.

I asked him to place his bets for me to show the proof, but I bet he is scratching his head now of what to reply next. For all we know, he's not going to come out with $5.5K to prove me wrong. Not easy to be cyber hero or cyber private investigator huh? Can turn out to be cyber turtle!

If your bill is reduced to $140 for that month coz you were hardly at home, I think it is achievable. If that is your regular monthly usage despite being at home most of the time, nobody would believe it. I know a lot of ppl living in hdb already more than $200.
    do u want to join in the bet as well? $500? If i show u past 3 mths utilities bills not more than $180 per mth, i take $1k frm u and Hopeless R. Else i lose $1k, fair?

To place ur bets, u can do paypal or posb trf

do u want to join in the bet as well? $500? If i show u past 3 mths utilities bills not more than $180 per mth, i take $1k frm u and Hopeless R. Else i lose $1k, fair?

So I am presuming you cant produce a bill of $140 per month. So where is my $500?

So I am presuming you cant produce a bill of $140 per month. So where is my $500?
    Can produce but that was a couple of mths back b4 tariff rates increase and i dun keep my old utilities bills until the recent 3 mths hovering ard $150 to $170+. Still keen to bet? Like the other R said, hardly HDB can do below $200, my utilities bills nvr reach beyond $180. Or u wan to see my utilities bills for semi at less than $200 oso can.

I am sure able to ask SP Services to reprint old bills at a fee if u wan to pay for it.

Anyway, dun just talk no actions, show me the $$$ first either by sending the money over and i scan my utilities or do physical meet up

i bet you $1k if you can show me your monthly bill consistently $140 and below for past one year. If your average utility for the past one year is $140 I concede defeat. To have a one off bill of $140 is not representative of regular utility spending for a landed semi d. If you dare to bet, take the average monthly usage for the past one year.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    focus, you are needed now... to be the Judge...
    WOOHOOOO!
    I've finally got a JOB!

ESCROW Service charge 1% commission. Please place your $5k with me. PM me.
    I will go audit the statement and places.

Can produce but that was a couple of mths back b4 tariff rates increase and i dun keep my old utilities bills until the recent 3 mths hovering ard $150 to $170+. Still keen to bet? Like the other R said, hardly HDB can do below $200, my utilities bills nvr reach beyond $180. Or u wan to see my utilities bills for semi at less than $200 oso can.

I am sure able to ask SP Services to reprint old bills at a fee if u wan to pay for it.

Anyway, dun just talk no actions, show me the $$$ first either by sending the money over and i scan my utilities or do physical meet up
    enough of all the grandmother stories and sillly excuses. You challenge me for a $500 bet to proof your $140 monthly utilities bill for your landed property. Now you are telling me you cant show it. So you loss.

So lets cut the long story short. Can you transfer $500 to the condosingapore.com site administrator as a little token from fellow condo investors.

TALK LIKE A MAN, WALK LIKE A MAN.

enough of all the grandmother stories and sillly excuses. You challenge me for a $500 bet to proof your $140 monthly utilities bill for your landed property. Now you are telling me you cant show it. So you loss.

So lets cut the long story short. Can you transfer $500 to the condosingapore.com site administrator as a little token from fellow condo investors.

TALK LIKE A MAN, WALK LIKE A MAN.
    Ok, since u strongly insist, let me raise the bid to $5K for showing u my $140utilities bills. With the $5K, I am sure be able to get SP Services to reprint my old utilities bills.

So r u a man to take up the bet? If yes, please show me the $$$ and I will show u the proof.

I will give 50% of the winnings to the site administrator as a little token for maintaining this webbie.

i bet you $1k if you can show me your monthly bill consistently $140 and below for past one year. If your average utility for the past one year is $140 I concede defeat. To have a one off bill of $140 is not representative of regular utility spending for a landed semi d. If you dare to bet, take the average monthly usage for the past one year.
    Please lah, past 1 yr got so many increases in tarrif rates!

Below $180/mth consistently for the past 1 yr u wanna bet? $5K bet, u can share with tat Hopeless R if u wan.

I decided tat I dun wanna do this for a mere $500. Let's start the ball rolling. So Focus be the escrow? Come, let's meet face to face, dun just hide behind a computer screen and talk c**k only.

Ok, since u strongly insist, let me raise the bid to $5K for showing u my $140utilities bills. With the $5K, I am sure be able to get SP Services to reprint my old utilities bills.

So r u a man to take up the bet? If yes, please show me the $$$ and I will show u the proof.

I will give 50% of the winnings to the site administrator as a little token for maintaining this webbie.

show us leh. or photo of your supercar

Quote Originally Posted by Poloclub
    show us leh. or photo of your supercar
    Can, show me $5K, I show u my supercar

I am not sure what exactly you are saying here.

first you challenge me a $500 bet on your $140 monthly utilities bill. Instead of honoring your bet because you cant show it, now you are saying that you want to raise the bet to $5000 and I need to show you $5000 first before you can proof me wrong.

Isnt it obvious that you doesnt have what it takes to support what you said.

Talk is cheap, people who cant keep his words are even cheaper.

Semi D, condo, supercar??? more like some loser trying to talk big in virtual world. what a disgrace

Can, show me $5K, I show u my supercar
    you dont have a supercar. period.