Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading to landed?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    wise word indeed.
    how do we know who is who?
    1) the wise one
    2) those who make real $$$$ from properties
    3) those who hvn't even make a single cent

i am interested to learn from type 2 only.
    i dont care much about type 1, learn alot but dont make money also no use.
    type 3 people no need to say.

err...can ask which type are you? i know you are rich, but is your wealth derived mostly from real estate investment/speculation or other areas like equities and futures trading.
    No lah, I'm not rich, I'm pathetic to make foolish decision to buy landed and supercar and made over a million $ only whereas I shld hv invested my monies in multiple CCR MM condos and stay in one shit hole myself, I could hv made multi-millions wor

So many "wise" ones in this forum telling u to invest in mm condos, u can learn from them. They all hide their monies and gold bars in the ceiling cos not much storage space leh...keke

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    1) Its hard to believe that someone living in a big semi-d only pays $140 in utilities bills. Perhaps the reason why you need to buy a landed in D19 that is close to bartley MRT is because you dont drive. Did you mea superKAH or supercar?

2) Its also hard for me to believe that someone driving a superKAH(by his definition) will sneak into other people's condo just to use the facilities. http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=13966&page=2

3) in one thread, you tell us not to buy condo and here is what you said.

However you also say that you bought a unit at The Palette, which is a 99LH development in Pasir Ris. And again you tell the world that your unit is the best etc.

So my question to you aren't you contradicting yourself with your inconsistency and flip flop from month to month. What sort of sound investment advise have you really given us?

However what I do know is that you are consistently using this forum as a platform to tell the world that you own landed property and anything you touch is gold.
    Kudos to u to bother to dig and read my past threads. Y so much interest in me, my assets & my investments? Or r u hving 2nd thots abt ur own investment philosophy and doubt whether u r in the right track?

Please spend ur time in strategising how to get rid of ur investmt without taking a hit. Persuade more agents to sell ur MM condo for u. Dun be a PI in this forum, it just reaps u no positive results.

3) in one thread, you tell us not to buy condo and here is what you said.

However you also say that you bought a unit at The Palette, which is a 99LH development in Pasir Ris. And again you tell the world that your unit is the best etc.

So my question to you aren't you contradicting yourself with your inconsistency and flip flop from month to month. What sort of sound investment advise have you really given us?
    hi Ringo, is there anything wrong with flip flopping. we are talking about investment and trading right?
    buy then sell, or sell then buy.
    what wrong's with changing stances in investment and trading?

afterall, if stock price in company A continues to fall, do we continue to average down or cut loss?

hi Ringo, is there anything wrong with flip flopping. we are talking about investment and trading right?
    buy then sell, or sell then buy.
    what wrong's with changing stances in investment and trading?

afterall, if stock price in company A continues to fall, do we continue to average down or cut loss?
    No, we are talking about trading stocks, we are talking about buying a long term big ticket non liquid assets such as landed property and condo, where you need to pay 3 to 6% stamp duty on purchase and you cant sell for the next 3 to 4 years due to SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    it's ok, I want to know: Is 4 mil a realistic price to pay today for a 2000ish decent land house in D15 (including A&A) or not ?

dun worry about my investment... it's my problem
    i think about >3.3mio++ can get a brand new 2000sqft terrace. For semi-d, should be much higher...

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    The truly rich that value lifestyle enough to buy supercars will either stay in an upmarket condo, or GCB, or at the bottom end, a bungalow. Very few will opt for semi-Ds as it neither affords space, amenities nor views.
    Tat is true. But neither do upmkt condo or GCB or bungalow provides space, amenites and views altogether. Try walking out of a GCB in Watten Estate to buy groceries (no amenities). Try storing brooms and ladders in an upmkt condo (no space). Try looking out at the windows and u see another tall condo opposite with a peeping tom holding a telescope (no view).

The truly rich ones can afford to have their supercars parked in a flooded basement carpark like St Regis and then scrap the next day and buy new ones. They can also afford to go workshop every week to respray their dented doors caused by their neighbours' kids and maids

I surely cannot afford my previous one and only supercar to be abused this way, thats y I bgt a semi-d in the heartlands to guard against these potential hazzards.
    Last edited by Blue; 29-08-12 at 17:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Tat is true. But neither do upmkt condo or GCB or bungalow provides space, amenites and views altogether. Try walking out of a GCB in Watten Estate to buy groceries (no amenities). Try storing brooms and ladders in an upmkt condo (no space). Try looking out at the windows and u see another tall condo opposite with a peeping tom holding a telescope (no view).

The truly rich ones can afford to have their supercars parked in a flooded basement carpark like St Regis and then scrap the next day and buy new ones. They can also afford to go workshop every week to respray their dented doors caused by their neighbours' kids and maids

I surely cannot afford my previous one and only supercar to be abused this way, thats y I bgt a semi-d in the heartlands to guard against these potential hazzards.
    And not forgeting my semi d has amenities (MRT, groceries, food) within walking distance, unblocked views as well as space to store all my cleaning utensils to overcome the shortcomings. Haiz, what a bad investment choice yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    it's ok, I want to know: Is 4 mil a realistic price to pay today for a 2000ish decent land house in D15 (including A&A) or not ?

dun worry about my investment... it's my problem
    $4mil can probably get u a decent semiD (thin line on budget) or nice newly renovated corner terrace in D15. Obviously, prices will differ based on exact location eg. Along main rd or quiet smaller road

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Those 3 or even 4 storeys high on MM plot of land?

Quote Originally Posted by silver023
    $4mil can probably get u a decent semiD (thin line on budget) or nice newly renovated corner terrace in D15. Obviously, prices will differ based on exact location eg. Along main rd or quiet smaller road

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Any GCBs within 500m to MRT, food groceries?
    That says so much about how valuable your semi-D is?
    I thought if want to buy good landed, must be at least bungalow in quiet quiet location with very cars passing by and large land space to park at least 2 cars in sheltered garage within the compound?
    Inviting friends over still a problem because no place to park? Later their supercar get scratched if park along road-side how?
    Think buy landed better prepare to have a compound that can park at least 10 cars, so must buy GCBs!

And not forgeting my semi d has amenities (MRT, groceries, food) within walking distance, unblocked views as well as space to store all my cleaning utensils to overcome the shortcomings. Haiz, what a bad investment choice yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincegoh
    nowadays no money no talk. sigh...

no wonder pple always see me no up.
    Lol.. ya...
    I already looked up to Blue for having a semi-d at d15 and a supercar and a 70 inch TV! Walau... if have a tiny lap pool cum water feature... I will happily stay there. Who cares about truly rich must stay in bungalow or gcb..

One step at a time.. Don't look down on others mah

Best phrase for all of us to remember :-
    In Life, we may be different in status. However, dignity is the same irrespective. Learn to respect one another.

On a sidenote, if blue and the others want to thrash out who is richer.. I don't mind being the judge.. Just bring me to your houses respectively. I won't reveal who you are :>

And to cheer everyone up.. .OPPA GANGNAM STYLE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
    Last edited by focus; 29-08-12 at 23:34.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Those 3 or even 4 storeys high on MM plot of land?
    No la, there was a done up corner terrace at Keris area selling $3.9mil (if I recall correctly). Land was ard 2700sft.

SemiD had quite a few, though oldish.... but not sure if still available. A new one was asking ard $4mil 2 mths back (land 2200sft)

Blue considered to be doing quite well in life if his semi d n car fully paid. That would put him into the small group of landed pty owners in singapore. Of course there will always be someone better if we keep comparing.

buy hamilton scotts - supercar in your living room high in the sky :P

quite intersted to know what view do you see out of your window? yours by the sea?

I used to have a landed property really facing the sea & can see the sea & whites sand seaside when look out of windows, but after all land reclamation at seaside & become park & trees view!
    Anyway, same persistent pests problems as with any landed properties. Also metals corrode easy because the air is salty.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    quite intersted to know what view do you see out of your window? yours by the sea?

No la, there was a done up corner terrace at Keris area selling $3.9mil (if I recall correctly). Land was ard 2700sft.

SemiD had quite a few, though oldish.... but not sure if still available. A new one was asking ard $4mil 2 mths back (land 2200sft)
    Wow....so pricey!

Recently a pavilion park caveat was lodged on URA website.
    It is for a brand new semi d in Pavilion park.
    It was sold for $3.894 mil (4600 sq ft).
    I think there is one more of the same size left.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Wow....so pricey!

4600 thsts the size of a bangalow or at least more then twice the size of a std terrace at 1615sqft

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    4600 thsts the size of a bangalow or at least more then twice the size of a std terrace at 1615sqft
    Yup, amazing, right?
    I think it is a good deal provided if you have the means.
    But i guess if you have that kind of money, you would rather buy something smaller but in a better location.

Wow....so pricey!

Yup, that's what I think too... landed prices have gone up so much in past 1 year. Everybody's rushing in to buy thinking coz land is scarce.

Another terrace is asking $3M (original condition)... just 1 year ago, one renovated one just next street was sold around $2.3M.

So I think landed properties could be grossly overpriced now. But that's me coz I'm poor... will still be considered cheap for some multi-millionaires

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Blue considered to be doing quite well in life if his semi d n car fully paid. That would put him into the small group of landed pty owners in singapore. Of course there will always be someone better if we keep comparing.
    this guy is BS lah. how is it possible for someone who speak so lowly about condo will buy a condo unit at the Palette Pasir Ris around the same time he claim to have bought the landed in D19.

perhaps the landed belongs to his parent while the palette is his first property bought under his name.

supercar? let see when palette TOP any owner living on stack 65 drive supercar loh.

landed can do stuff in 3d.

even a small terrace house can
    0) rain harvesting system
    1) install large solar array, like 1kW in rooftop
    2) install wind generator 1kW.
    3) build underground water storage 3m3.
    4) build underground diesel storage tank 2m3.
    5) install underground genset room. very silent.
    6) can bore a water well.

3),4),5),6) all in the garden/backyard. throw some dirt over it, make garden, make driveway and they are not so obvious anymore.

landed is more advantageous for wannabe preppers.

of if larger landed, can built underground bunker like in doomsday bunkers.
    www.deepearthbunker.com/

landed can do stuff in 3d.

even a small terrace house can
    0) rain harvesting system
    1) install large solar array, like 1kW in rooftop
    2) install wind generator 1kW.
    3) build underground water storage 3m3.
    4) build underground diesel storage tank 2m3.
    5) install underground genset room. very silent.
    6) can bore a water well.

3),4),5),6) all in the garden/backyard. throw some dirt over it, make garden, make driveway and they are not so obvious anymore.

landed is more advantageous for wannabe preppers.
    Hi hopeful, for No. 3-6, I don't think it is possible to do so in Singapore.

Hi hopeful, for No. 3-6, I don't think it is possible to do so in Singapore.
    are there many cases of unauthorised A & A?

http://www.bca.gov.sg/WorksApprovalN...rs/booklet.pdf
    looks like building underground vault no need approval.
    Last edited by hopeful; 30-08-12 at 09:22.

Yup, that's what I think too... landed prices have gone up so much in past 1 year. Everybody's rushing in to buy thinking coz land is scarce.

Another terrace is asking $3M (original condition)... just 1 year ago, one renovated one just next street was sold around $2.3M.

So I think landed properties could be grossly overpriced now. But that's me coz I'm poor... will still be considered cheap for some multi-millionaires
    Don't think you should look at historical prices. Condos (for e.g. Bishan) have also run up tremendously. Think you have to look at it in perspective of the built-up area that you will be enjoying and not the psf land plot size which is what URA uses for its stats. As long as the psf on built up is not higher than say a ground floor unit of a condo/apt in the same vicinity, then it makes sense. Of coz, you have the usual arguments of facilities, parking, maintienance etc but I think that is one of the reasons why prices have run up as people realise that the living space they paying for is cheaper than other alternatives. The low/nil new supply could also be a contributing factor.

a souped up Nissan GTR can also be a supercar lol

this guy is BS lah. how is it possible for someone who speak so lowly about condo will buy a condo unit at the Palette Pasir Ris around the same time he claim to have bought the landed in D19.

perhaps the landed belongs to his parent while the palette is his first property bought under his name.

supercar? let see when palette TOP any owner living on stack 65 drive supercar loh.

are there many cases of unauthorised A & A?

http://www.bca.gov.sg/WorksApprovalN...rs/booklet.pdf
    looks like building underground vault no need approval.
    LOL.... you are giving me ideas .
    I have yet to plough through the pdf file of BCA.
    But building downwards should be much more expensive than upwards, right?

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Don't think you should look at historical prices. Condos (for e.g. Bishan) have also run up tremendously. Think you have to look at it in perspective of the built-up area that you will be enjoying and not the psf land plot size which is what URA uses for its stats. As long as the psf on built up is not higher than say a ground floor unit of a condo/apt in the same vicinity, then it makes sense. Of coz, you have the usual arguments of facilities, parking, maintienance etc but I think that is one of the reasons why prices have run up as people realise that the living space they paying for is cheaper than other alternatives. The low/nil new supply could also be a contributing factor.
    True... this (cannot see beyond the price increases) probably means I can't afford it yet

True... this (cannot see beyond the price increases) probably means I can't afford it yet
    Don't worry, start small but think big. I think a lot of the bros here all started out with a small investment and eventually raised themselves up to where they are today. I, myself started out with only a small studio apt. On and up !

LOL.... you are giving me ideas .
    I have yet to plough through the pdf file of BCA.
    But building downwards should be much more expensive than upwards, right?
    building downward is at least 2-3 times more expensive and not easy to get approval.. BCA will also interview the engineer and contractor how they do it and etc... all these to prevent collapse..

they need to build retaining wall and very ex leh...