Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who bought, this year?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    minor one like 10% won't make it, you need to be like Mr B, 50% by 2015 ... this is because property will go up at least 5% every year in line with inflation rate
    I agree that the inflation would erode the advantage of correction(s). In order to overcome this inflationary threats, I am currently actively saving all the disposal rental income, preparing to launch the coup should there is a reasonable correction and pricing to the areas I am aiming at, i.e. Mt Sinai or Siglap.

It is still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Can try buying India property.
    go to parkway parade on saturday morning,,,,u will be surrounded by indians....then DECIDE if u want to buy indian properties...

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I agree that the inflation would erode the advantage of correction(s). In order to overcome this inflationary threats, I am currently actively saving all the disposal rental income, preparing to launch the coup should there is a reasonable correction and pricing to the areas I am aiming at, i.e. Mt Sinai or Siglap.

It is still possible.
    Siglap Siglap Siglap....BYE BYE soon

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Siglap Siglap Siglap....BYE BYE soon
    Siglap is a nice cosy neighbourhood. Meyer drive is equally good. However, I prefer Mt Sinai followed by Siglap.

I am aiming to get either Mt Sinai or Siglap area.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I am waiting for a minor correction so I can get a Mt Sinai property.
    ...or a minor earthquake...i think got more chance of EARTHQUAKE...

i have 7 properties, 1 self stay, 1 BUC, the other 5 all rented out.

agents have been asking me to sell but i don't see the need to because i am still young and selling is not really my exit strategy at this point in time. i did a simulation and i think i can still survive if i can simply rent 2 out of the 5 units. my properties are for passive income.

i am currently looking at some resales in D15 near to ERL or River Valley area. but thus far the prices i must say are not very convincing because I will have to put 40% downpayment CASH. currently i am exploiting the volatile markets to get ready the cash by sept and i will prob make a purchase in Sept/Oct when the transactions go down.

for those who want to wait, i would say 2013 is a better time to buy when all the Dragon leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Interest rate is way too low. Hurting savers n rewarding borrowers.
    No wonder MR B needs it down by 30% now.. & 50% in 2015.. Just to breakeven.. With his hard earn $$ inside the bank a/c

Held 4, sold 1. Looking to up my own stay. Post Oct 2012 looks nice to go shopping..

I was struggling to decide if I should invest in a new condo as I sold my previous investment. In the end, I went ahead and bought a MM unit in the north early this year. I took a very small loan so I thought if things go bad, I will move into the unit with my wife and rent out our fully paid HDB flat which is directly beside mrt near town.

Anyone thinking of investing now should be very careful as the market outlook is not clear like a few years back. most importantly is not to take too much loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy

agents have been asking me to sell but i don't see the need to because i am still young and selling is not really my exit strategy at this point in time. i did a simulation and i think i can still survive if i can simply rent 2 out of the 5 units. my properties are for passive income.

i am currently looking at some resales in D15 near to ERL or River Valley area. but thus far the prices i must say are not very convincing because I will have to put 40% downpayment CASH. currently i am exploiting the volatile markets to get ready the cash by sept and i will prob make a purchase in Sept/Oct when the transactions go down.

for those who want to wait, i would say 2013 is a better time to buy when all the Dragon leaves.
    Do u happen to be a ex-pilot whom retired damn young cos u ultra leveraged during your young days and made it early? U also don't drive any fancy car.?....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Keh
    I was struggling to decide if I should invest in a new condo as I sold my previous investment. In the end, I went ahead and bought a MM unit in the north early this year. I took a very small loan so I thought if things go bad, I will move into the unit with my wife and rent out our fully paid HDB flat which is directly beside mrt near town.

Anyone thinking of investing now should be very careful as the market outlook is not clear like a few years back. most importantly is not to take too much loan.
    This low interest rate situation and the Europe crisis could be going on for years...when we look back, we will always say, hei, I should have took advantage of the low interest rate situation and buy more. But, we never know. The govt has already help us to prevent what's going on in US and what's going on in Spain. even China is actively trying to pull the property bull to prevent those ugly situations...
    So there is a good chance that it will be the same for the next 10 yrs...I mean good chance! Be prudent and take a bold step!

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Do u happen to be a ex-pilot whom retired damn young cos u ultra leveraged during your young days and made it early? U also don't drive any fancy car.?....
    no la not ex-pilot. still working in IB now. too young to retire, although i can if i want to, but i will probably have to change my lifestyle. i drove a SLK but sold it earlier this year for a profit (who've thought that cars can earn money too LOL), and now left with just my Golf. A bit regret selling the SLK but anyway never mind Golf is just simple enough for a single guy like me.

i won't say that i made it out myself - must thank my late Dad who had the foresight in leaving me fully paid up properties. my Dad left everything to me because my Mum remarried (someone richer than my Dad) overseas. Dad was a simple banker in the past but because of the failed marriage he went into Property and he was the one who 'ultra-leveraged' when i was still a kid. but he was a daredevil and when i was in uni he guided me in forex and equities. so he taught me how to be fearless with money, although he had a bad habit i.e. gambling, which i've always frowned upon. he actually believe in LUCK, while i don't.

no la not ex-pilot. still working in IB now. too young to retire, although i can if i want to, but i will probably have to change my lifestyle. i drove a SLK but sold it earlier this year for a profit (who've thought that cars can earn money too LOL), and now left with just my Golf. A bit regret selling the SLK but anyway never mind Golf is just simple enough for a single guy like me.

i won't say that i made it out myself - must thank my late Dad who had the foresight in leaving me fully paid up properties. my Dad left everything to me because my Mum remarried (someone richer than my Dad) overseas. Dad was a simple banker in the past but because of the failed marriage he went into Property and he was the one who 'ultra-leveraged' when i was still a kid. but he was a daredevil and when i was in uni he guided me in forex and equities. so he taught me how to be fearless with money, although he had a bad habit i.e. gambling, which i've always frowned upon. he actually believe in LUCK, while i don't.
    U so open in internet, be careful IRAS tracks you down. I am sure IRAS has special agent reading through each post here. IF you own so many properties, why not go into semi-retirement and do something meaningful like charity?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Keh

yup mr key you have a clear exit strategy, and it's a wise choice and good thinking. all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by cnud
    Held 4, sold 1. Looking to up my own stay. Post Oct 2012 looks nice to go shopping..
    u appear in IRAS radar right now ... never reveal how many properties u have

Hi. Do you have any opportunity for me and/or my wife in your workplace?

u appear in IRAS radar right now ... never reveal how many properties u have
    Everyone is in their radar.

Quote Originally Posted by 30years
    I sold mine, in 2010 and 2011. Last few transacted prices for similar units about 30% higher. Property prices has indeed gone higher. I sold thinking that prices would stay flat or go down. I was wrong. Now I am unable to buy what I have sold at the same or lower price.

I am not buying now. Who would pay more to buy back what one has sold? Not me. So I will just have to wait or never buy again, since I am already 50 years old.

I see a lot of property bulls here but I wonder if any has bought an investment property this year. Many just talk and criticize those who are not bullish, but which one of you has the balls to match your big mouth?

Go buy a property now if you think prices will continue to go higher and tell us about your purchase. In a few years time, you will know if you are a hero or a moron!
    I got one solely for investment this year. Not buying in speculation of further increasing prices. I also don't think it will keep going up. It's for rental income and possibility of second housing for my future generation or even personal retirement, HDB fully paid up.

In economics terms, housing demand is a highly inelastic type of demand. Supply is controlled and restricted. Together with the steady inflation rate, money can only become smaller. 5 years ago, cash is king, now I'm really not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    Together with the steady inflation rate, money can only become smaller. 5 years ago, cash is king, now I'm really not sure.
    there's too much money floating in the market...with so many countries printing money like nobody's business, things have gotten so ridiculous and yet, wages and exports remain stagnant - we are all in for some serious shit.....

If you have $1m, split into 3 parts. 50% Prop, 30% Cash, 20% Equity.

Your late dad has done the right thing. Rental from fully paid up properties can give you lifestyle.

If you have $1m, split into 3 parts. 50% Prop, 30% Cash, 20% Equity.
    50% of $1m can only get MM or hdb leh, unless u leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    You intend to pay in full when interest rates are so low?

Everyone is in their radar.
    don't help them to decide to investigate someone ... investigation is costly to them too so they will be selective...recently our dear forumer friend mm king hit already

Quote Originally Posted by august
    You intend to pay in full when interest rates are so low?

don't help them to decide to investigate someone ... investigation is costly to them too so they will be selective...recently our dear forumer friend mm king hit already
    oh? who ???

Have been keeping all my properties and not sold any. It is a great satifsfaction by looking at the ltitle deeds. Just like degrees.

Default UP

My friend bought UP along Singapore River.
    I like that area.

Thanks,
    Richard

If it goes up to 2.5pc sibor may up to 0.6, if 3pc sibor could go 0.8
    Very insightful, will keep a watch on 10 years yield

That is pretty impressive, are your properties fully paid and which part of singapore are they?