Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everytime u see the word "easing" by central banks = property up!

Default Everytime u see the word "easing" by central banks = property up!

Everyone with a house to their name dun worry.

Those with multiple properties panicking at the URA figures showing 0.x% price growth dun worry.

Everyone who bought this year or even just bought last weekend dun worry.

I have analyzed the property market from 1996 till now.

I only have this to say, although prices are at an all time high and prime good sized apartments are out of reach of most Singaporeans, properties will continue their upward trend.

Which segment? I say the OCR and RCR segments still have legs to run. Any launches <S$1000 psf will be a sellout.

Sit tight and enjoy the ride folks. I will prompt everyone again when it is time to cash out.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PropertyNewbie
    Everyone with a house to their name dun worry.

Those with multiple properties panicking at the URA figures showing 0.x% price growth dun worry.

Everyone who bought this year or even just bought last weekend dun worry.

I have analyzed the property market from 1996 till now.

I only have this to say, although prices are at an all time high and prime good sized apartments are out of reach of most Singaporeans, properties will continue their upward trend.

Which segment? I say the OCR and RCR segments still have legs to run. Any launches <S$1000 psf will be a sellout.

Sit tight and enjoy the ride folks. I will prompt everyone again when it is time to cash out.
    Errm... u are a newbie, can we trust u?

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Errm... u are a newbie, can we trust u?
    Mr B opposite, maybe the other half.

it's good to be optimistic but pls use data and evidence to support your analysis. at least Mr B cut and paste news (however unreliable they are) from all over the shop to support his arguments. LOL.

if you ask me, all properties have leg to run if we are looking at 10-20 years time. as for from now till 2015, property will be flat, or downhill from 2013 onwards. reason being simple, like everyone else is saying - supply > demand by 2015.

if one wants to invest now, go for CCR now. CCR is definitely undervalued.

Beg to differ, dun touch ccr or landed, only mm can make decent return and less risky within next 5y
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Beg to differ, dun touch ccr or landed, only mm can make decent return and less risky within next 5y
    OCR is another one can be invested to..

my take is when psf hit $1k about everywhere...tipping point is near
    or a proxy when stock hit 3300-3400

For next few years only yield play, hardly any cap appreciation potential fir big units, u will be lucky to get 7 pc return next 5y if u buy this year, boring will be the name of the game .. In hokkien ai si busy si ai chiong buay chiong

inflation will remain high but return mostly negative after inflation

Only MMs in RCR and OCR?

for own stay, buy anything you like.

for investment, govt already built in safety net with 60% ltv so will almost never kena margin call, so buy anything you reckon is leaseable. if bank willing to loan you, the asset probably can ride out tough times.

our govt and banks are our trusted nannies. no scared. just buy.

even mediacorp bros and sis and Olympic medal winner also endorse buying. don't wait liao. now is even better time to buy since everyone says so... when everyone think it is, so it will be.

I beg to differ. Still need to be prudent.
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle

for investment, govt already built in safety net with 60% ltv so will almost never kena margin call, so buy anything you reckon is leaseable. if bank willing to loan you, the asset probably can ride out tough times.

even mediacorp bros and sis and Olympic medal winner also endorse buying. don't wait liao. now is even better time to buy since everyone says so... when everyone think it is, so it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle

There are a lot more first timers with 80% LTV. There are also a lot more people with second loan at 60% LTV and servicing their first loan at 80% LTV.

Property investment is for long term so there is a need to be prudent. Prudent means the ability to hold on to the property when price comes down, interest rate goes up or when you loose your job. WIth these three elements addressed, you are in the best position to invest in real estate.

The property market is too distorted to use history or conventional thinking to predict.

Never had we so much cheap money and high inflation.
    Never had we in the mist of US and Europe crisis yet achieving new high for properties.
    Never had we gone through so many CMs to subpress market.
    Never had we open our door so wide to FTs and shortages of HDB as a result.

What will bring this market down? What you think that might, may not be.
    It may yet be something we never expect.

Cooling measures may yet one day be reversed and that, perhaps, will balance things up in the future?

Its equally dangerous to stay safe. Knowing money is eroding away at a rate of 4-5% every year.

A lot of people will be poorer for sure. Hence, has to keep creating wealth especially for those future generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    The property market is too distorted to use history or conventional thinking to predict.

Never had we in the mist of US and Europe crisis yet achieving new high for properties.

Cooling measures may yet one day be reversed and that, perhaps, will balance things up in the future?

Its equally dangerous to stay safe. Knowing money is eroding away at a rate of 4-5% every year.

Already repeated 1000x.... whatever....landed property will crash.....they can shout whatever price they want to sell.....stop buying.......
    landed property will down >50% before 2015, stop buying landed property & landed property is on it's way down

The reason why I'm saying that... cos I had missed the Q1 2009 Landed Boat..

Quote Originally Posted by AK47

Whatever the environment is, property investment is for long term so there is a need to be prudent. Prudent means the ability to hold on to the property when price comes down, interest rate goes up or when you loose your job. WIth these three elements addressed, you are in the best position to invest in real estate.

TOP STORY

China new-home prices rise in more cities
    CHINA'S July housing data showed that prices of new homes rose in the largest number of cities in 14 months, as sentiment improved after interest rate cuts and incentives for first-time buyers.

=> damn scary, so much control, price can still go up

TOP STORY

China new-home prices rise in more cities
    CHINA'S July housing data showed that prices of new homes rose in the largest number of cities in 14 months, as sentiment improved after interest rate cuts and incentives for first-time buyers.

=> damn scary, so much control, price can still go up
    Need to know how much money they print. If they print a lot than the prices of new homes go down not up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Need to know how much money they print. If they print a lot than the prices of new homes go down not up.
    Huh? First time I am hearing this. What is the economic rationale? With more liquidity in the system, ceteris paribus, why would prices come down?

NB! I just can't stop laughing..

Arcachon probably sold his SouthBank and joins Mr B now

my last post was satire... In case many of you don't realise. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Already repeated 1000x.... whatever....landed property will crash.....they can shout whatever price they want to sell.....stop buying.......
    landed property will down >50% before 2015, stop buying landed property & landed property is on it's way down

The reason why I'm saying that... cos I had missed the Q1 2009 Landed Boat..
    don't like that leh... i invested another landed this year leh...
    shout others like OCR, CCR lah..hokay?

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    don't like that leh... i invested another landed this year leh...
    shout others like OCR, CCR lah..hokay?
    Good for you!

Not to worry, severe land shortage for landed developments will see your landed go up another 10-15% by end of this year.

The market is awash with cheap money, and the market will run up again after the 7th month. Watch out for sellout launches at mass market OCR like Riversails which is launching in Sept.

Must buy more properties to boost up the Singapore economics !

Sorry for not ending my sentence with example.

June 2006, with about 100,000 cash. Brought a 2 Bedroom for 535,000.

2 Bedroom TOP May 2010 rent out for about 48,000 a year.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...358211&page=84

May 2011 after CSC buy another for 1305800.

The price look like went up but I only have 100,000 cash and I buy 2 property, to me over printing of money cause the property price to go down for those who buy earlier.

Waiting for Ben to announce QE3. to buy another one.

P.S still holding Southbank for the magic offer of 1535000 and still collecting rental.

Default Happy Summer

Last edited by Arcachon; 22-08-12 at 05:17.

Default So hot ah, 15y for 3.65% aiyoyo

[SINGAPORE] Demand for NTUC Income's inaugural bond issue was so red hot yesterday, it received a stunning $9 billion, a 15 times subscription, for the $600 million 15-year bonds. That was the biggest order ever received for a Singdollar bond issue as local entities competed with private investors for a slice of the deal.
    "It's an amazing deal! Biggest book (order) size ever for a Singdollar bond deal," said a surprised and very pleased Clifford Lee, DBS head of fixed income, on the strong demand.
    NTUC Income, Singapore's largest insurer with two million policyholders, yesterday said it sold $600 million callable subordinated tier 2 notes with a 3.65 per cent coupon for its debut issue.
    The cooperative, formed in 1970 as part of the labour movement's mission to make insurance affordable to the masses said it is taking advantage of the current low interest rate environment to raise capital for long-term use.

Sorry for not ending my sentence with example.

June 2006, with about 100,000 cash. Brought a 2 Bedroom for 535,000.

2 Bedroom TOP May 2010 rent out for about 48,000 a year.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...358211&page=84

May 2011 after CSC buy another for 1305800.

The price look like went up but I only have 100,000 cash and I buy 2 property, to me over printing of money cause the property price to go down for those who buy earlier.

Waiting for Ben to announce QE3. to buy another one.

P.S still holding Southbank for the magic offer of 1535000 and still collecting rental.
    P.S. 5 Room HDB also collecting rental, waiting for the magic offer of 1,000,000.