Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3813181920212223242526272833384348 ... LastLast

Thread: Skies Miltonia @ Miltonia Close- 99 Years By TG Development

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise
    100k deco will not change the shape of a long and narrow hall.
    it will never looks proportion at any angle.
    Dun need 100K lah. Mine also got 1 unit also long & narrow. Spent only less than $8k to make it big. You can't have best of everything.

ai pe, ai qi, ai twa liup ni (hokkien)

Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    If I had issues with the shape of the living room or whatsoever, I wouldn't have splash over 1.2m for 969 sqft.
    The living room is amazing, with the balcony and lights coming in, optimizi:scared the space.
    Not to mention the view and the fresh air.
    1.2m + for a 969sq ft unit in yishun?
    This is shocking! Extremely expensive n overpriced.
    Last edited by fiat500; 15-10-12 at 14:31.

you can't place a 3x2 seater sofa and form them in L shape when you have narrow width hall.

see the attached of a layout built by MCL land, have to squeeze the sofa
    and make way to the balcony.

the ratio is 1:2

you can't place a 3x2 seater sofa and form them in L shape when you have narrow width hall.

Can put 1 pc L shape one or 3x1 (the x1 from OSIM). Why must die die squeeze in a 3x2 to look it tight? Further 3x2 old fashion liao. Design with space.

Default SM FB Resident Owners Group

SM Owners,

I believed some of us have received the S&P from the developer.

I have started a FB, http://www.facebook.com/groups/313979098710098/, for would be owners to share and discussed about our new homes.

For a start, as we know the the legal subsidies are no longer FREE , i am in the midst of negotiating with my lawyer if we could cartel and fight for better rates.

For those who are interested, pls log into SM facebook to pool our properties together.

Regards,
    Sean

New Yishun road to be ready ahead of time
    Alternative link to TPE, CTE to open by the first quarter of 2015
    Oct 15, 2012
    By Royston Sim

A new road between Yishun Avenue 1 and Yishun Avenue 6 will be completed ahead of schedule, providing motorists in the estate with an alternative connection.
    Originally slated to open by the end of 2015, the dual two-lane road will instead be ready by the first quarter of that year.
    The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said the new link will be completed in tandem with the widening of Seletar West Link from one lane to three in each direction.
    Nee Soon GRC MP Lee Bee Wah asked the LTA if the road could be ready earlier to ease traffic flow in the area, which she said would worsen when three Build-to-Order (BTO) projects are completed in 2014.
    She said: "There's currently traffic congestion at Lentor Avenue during the morning and evening peak hours. With three more BTOs, I foresee the jam will become even worse.
    "The new road will be an alternative route for residents, who won't need to go through Lentor to get onto the TPE or CTE."
    Aside from the new road, the LTA is expanding the interchange of the CTE (Central Expressway), TPE (Tampines Expressway) and Seletar Expressway.
    Four new flyovers are being constructed to link the three expressways with Seletar West Link.
    Ms Lee had also requested that the project be completed sooner, but the interchange expansion will maintain its original completion date of the end of 2015.
    The LTA has embarked on four road projects in the northern region to improve the connectivity and capacity of the road network around the Seletar Aerospace Park.
    The first two phases of development at the park have been completed. About 80 per cent of the area have been leased out, with Rolls-Royce among the tenants. JTC Corporation is currently planning the third phase of development.
    The LTA is also constructing the new dual three-lane Sengkang West Road that will connect motorists from Yio Chu Kang Road to the TPE.
    Sengkang West Road will be joined to the new Seletar Aerospace Flyover and Seletar Aerospace Way, which will serve as the new entrance into the aerospace hub.
    Currently, motorists have to go through Jalan Kayu to get to the aerospace park. The other option is to exit the TPE at the Jalan Kayu exit.
    Roads in the area are becoming increasingly congested, due to new housing developments at Fernvale estate.
    The Seletar Aerospace interchange and Sengkang West Road are scheduled for completion in the third quarter of 2014. Contractors placed beams this month across the Seletar Aerospace Flyover.
    An LTA spokesman said: "These road improvements will help to meet and accommodate the expected increase in traffic when these new developments are completed in the next few years."

Quote Originally Posted by polarinda
    few problems with this development:

1) all one bedder direct west sun, into masterbedroom and front balcony.

2) all 2 bedders with master rooms facing direct at each other.

3) Cabanas with public foyers on their roofs, and with the beams piercing the roofs---->bad fengshui

4) living.dinning in elongated shape with only one socket wall space. So if u put a tv next to the wall, the sofa will not have a wall as a backing.

5) Small kitchen and small rooms.

6) Living rooms definitely has not enough wall space for cupboards or paintings.
    Your foresque also got so many problems quoted by another forummer. You can advise him to buy PH. You can accept/ ignore the flaws of yours but cant for others.

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    the purpose of this thread is solving the location of the refuse chute.

thank you.
    How about ask the developer to re-locate the chute to the lift lobby/ common area? No chute in the house/ less risk of insects crawling thru the chute and more storage space.

Highly inprobable - Architects will have to re-submit their plans again to BCA for approval.

Just have to make-do with it since you've already signed on the dotted line.

I would prefer the access from the A/C ledge instead.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    For the record, it's nearly half a million more than 1.2 m.
    We buyers want it and we pay for for it and so If that many felt like you did,
    It would not be 80% sold to date.
    Things are like that, To some they want cheap psf and big spaces and
    Some will only consider buyers smart when they purchase at super low psf and big unit.
    These are own preferences, we like it, we can afford it and we bought it regardless if It is expensive as for overpriced, It's subjective since it's 80 % gone.

Besides from my experience, I have invested in cheap projects and what you pay is what you really get.
    Project ended up looking like Hdb and lousy furnishings but real cheap and 2+1 already 1111 sqft at only 660k
    Do not wish to mention what project is that as that again is subjective to own's preferences .

I know what you mean.

But by positioning the rubbish chute in the A/C ledge's (between the stove & the wash basin), you will not have any windows in the kitchen, as the rubbish chute is designed as a full column which serves the whole tower.

And not to mention the existing rubbish chute position will become the A/C ledge which you will not be able to use due to its size/location!

Unfortunately, I don't see there is any other way to fix this issue for this flat layout.

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    I would prefer the access from the A/C ledge instead.
    just wat I think too. believe there looks like a small door from the kitchen to the ledge. the developer could have make that part of the aircon ledge a yard instead. again another "trick" to max profit.

First time, I see this type of design
    one way is let the openning at the AC ledge and then have a gate to the AC ledge
    anyway, no way the developer will change it

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    I guess soon the Yishun Dam will not allow ppl to gather there since it will become a busy 2-ways-dual-lanes road connecting Yishun and CTE/SLE/TPE...
    At the Yishun Dam area, at night, you can see some people gathering / barbequeing there (with sea view facing Johor) .......

Sometimes when the golf course light is on, the view is even more wonderful.

How nice if they can have toilet facilities there too

looking at the floorplan the hall is smaller than the master bedroom.
    the hall shape is long and narrow like the estuary. owners will regret it
    after a period of time.
    I am sure there will be owner who do not mind and like it.

Some will only consider buyers smart when they purchase at super low psf and big unit.
    These are own preferences, we like it, we can afford it and we bought it regardless if It is expensive as for overpriced, It's subjective since it's 80 % gone.

Besides from my experience, I have invested in cheap projects and what you pay is what you really get.
    Project ended up looking like Hdb and lousy furnishings but real cheap and 2+1 already 1111 sqft at only 660k
    Do not wish to mention what project is that as that again is subjective to own's preferences .
    half a million more than 1.2m would be 1.7m.

I think you mean to say you paid more than 1.25M? Else i really
    I am rich in debts...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix

Skies Miltonia vs Sky Habitat. Which is more popular? The sale volume speaks for itself. Fengshui of Yishun vs Bishan, which is better? Buyer decides..................

Nearly half a million more so <1.7 m.
    I do not want to reveal the exact amount but let's just say I'm happy with it!

Do not wish to mention what projForect is that as that again is subjective to own's preferences .
    Half a million more?
    So its actually 1.25m or 1.7m? It's more like 1.25m to me..
    But for a 969sq ft unit for under 1.7m is impossible?

Half a million more?
    So its actually 1.25m or 1.7m? It's more like 1.25m to me..

When i meant nearly half a million, its nearly half a m from one m
    Sorry if I confused anyone, I myself am confused as well.
    My hubby does the numbers, below 1.3m.
    I wasn't that exact afterall but I'm really happy with my purchase.

Yes, you're right.
    Sorry for causing any confusion.
    Else you really??

.....you sounded delirious.....are you ok?.....now you are making Castle Green and Season park sound so cheap at less than 900psf.....with Thomson line at their doorstep some more.....

...this is a strange thread...if not happy with layout...why buy in the first place?...is buyer's remorse creeping in?

Are u buying this unit for self stay or as investment?

Nearly half a million more so <1.7 m.
    I do not want to reveal the exact amount but let's just say I'm happy with it!
    Thanks for choosing Skies Miltonia at Yishun rather than Sky Habitat at Bishan.

Reservoir is the 'pull' factor, I suppose?

Is Yishun fengshui stronger than Bishan?

Let's continue to watch as the 'The Hunger Game'(Property buying) continue...........

For some, it is 'sup sup shui' and they can afford without overstretching.

So, why not wish them all the best and wish all with vested interest in Yishun Huat together.

Unless, you are one of those who has missed the boat due to the latest CM?

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    .....you sounded delirious.....are you ok?.....now you are making Castle Green and Season park sound so cheap at less than 900psf.....with Thomson line at their doorstep some more.....

For some they like it. Reservoir view I mean.........

I support your choice.............

Ignore the 'nay' sayer as they are usually the one that claim they have missed the boat and start trying to talk down market or talk up their properties ............

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    That's true...
    This sky project is grossly overpriced...

[QUOTE=fiat500]That's true...
    This sky project is grossly overpriced... :

One man's meat is another man's poison, real test will be TOP time...whether the investors are able to flip for decent profit

It is ok for a longer term investor, payback for decent return probably 6 to 10 years after TOP

Great place for homestay...good view