Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526272829343944 ... LastLast

Thread: Skies Miltonia @ Miltonia Close- 99 Years By TG Development

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    .....you sounded delirious.....are you ok?.....now you are making Castle Green and Season park sound so cheap at less than 900psf.....with Thomson line at their doorstep some more.....

Hahahah,
    Sorry for the confusion I caused once again.
    I was just trying to make my point that I loved the place.
    I hope Yishun can become a hotspot for investors and home buyers in the future.
    Plenty of work to be done but There's a lot of land and potential!
    Actually any place can be a good location, it depends on how the govt brand the place.
    Judging from the availability of land and new expressways in yishun.
    Great potential!
    Besides, It has punggol material, last time when punggol just started, no one wants to be there and now such a popular place!
    If govt wants population to reach six million, Yishun is the next solution after punggol!

The sky habitat project is really nice, if the pricing was like skies.
    Without a doubt, I would have purchased a unit there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    Are u buying this unit for self stay or as investment?
    Home stay for now!
    It's near the club!

[quote=aang1971]
    That's true...
    This sky project is grossly overpriced... :

One man's meat is another man's poison, real test will be TOP time...whether the investors are able to flip for decent profit

It is ok for a longer term investor, payback for decent return probably 6 to 10 years after TOP

Great place for homestay...good view
    Flipper be warned.
    More govt measures may come if market become super red hot because of flipping.
    May the courage to invest long term but not flip be with you all(property owner/ buyer)...............

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu1245
    For some they like it. Reservoir view I mean.........

I support your choice.............

Ignore the 'nay' sayer as they are usually the one that claim they have missed the boat and start trying to talk down market or talk up their properties ............

Thank you!
    I do worry all these negative comments about yishun will affect the confidence of future buyers and investors at the area.
    Many see it from their perspectives but the sales at skies have proved that people have confidence in the place.
    People don't spent money on things they do not believe in.
    Last edited by jacelynchia; 15-10-12 at 22:06.

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    I would prefer the access from the A/C ledge instead.
    I think kitchen walkway may need 900mm width clearance so this option have to be ruled out.

Really cannot fathom the popularity of this project.

Yishun upgraders really deprived of alternative projects?

>1000 psf for yishun is really

Reservoir view...Have a look at Pandan Gardens...cheap and good HDB less than 500k got liao

Next to country club....but you're buying a condo with facilities. Why do u need to be beside a country club? Lucky got NTUC there.....worth about 50psf of the price.

Unless Lentor avenue can better accommodate the massive Yishun peak hour traffic, Yishun is a big no no for me.

If really have to buy in Yishun, I would rather buy 8Courtyards, or Nautical. Price is more sensible and you are buying into existing well established amenities and not buying into hope and prayer than something will suddenly make the miltonia area prosper.

Location, location and location again folks.

Quote Originally Posted by PropertyNewbie

Reservoir view...Have a look at Pandan Gardens...cheap and good HDB less than 500k got liao

Next to country club....but you're buying a condo with facilities. Why do u need to be beside a country club? Lucky got NTUC there.....worth about 50psf of the price.

Unless Lentor avenue can better accommodate the massive Yishun peak hour traffic, Yishun is a big no no for me.

If really have to buy in Yishun, I would rather buy 8Courtyards, or Nautical. Price is more sensible and you are buying into existing well established amenities and not buying into hope and prayer than something will suddenly make the miltonia area prosper.

.....Yup Thomson Grand is a steal now....

And a MRT station just 350m away in the future.

I suspect a lot hard sell by agent...

I read that some buyers expect better finishing becos developer bid low and sell high

Maybe have better than average ...eg fridge and washing machine etc...but do not think quality will be similar to luxury homes

All it means developer fat margin

Hope he has decency to engage local main con...not some foreign one

Full of negativity!
    I joined the club due to golfing interest! Is there an issue?!
    I am not praying, just looking forward to stay there on my own.
    Let me give you an example, It you bought a diamond ring at $20000.
    You do not expect to get back more than what you paid more, It's like Art.
    Some people may just value it as a stone
    Only the purchaser values it and can see why they love it then they bought it
    Besides if you buy expensive jewels, chances are you may not get more or near the amount you purchased for unless it is very rare.

If the area blossoms in the future, it is a bonus.
    Right now I'm loving how exclusive and serene the place is and comes with impeccable views.
    The future awaits and who knows what will happen?

Anyway, what do you people think of new properties consisting of more than 900 projects?
    Don't you think risks are higher?
    Imagine if half or more, 450 units are for sale and for rent?
    Future rental and buyers will source for the best units and negotiate for the best rates.
    Last edited by jacelynchia; 15-10-12 at 22:31.

Hi Jac.....but in any case, just be happy and look forward to getting the key in 3 to 4 years time, by which time maybe it will be 1.5K psf.......and the mixed development at Yishun takes shape and going for 2K psf...........if these all come true.....I will not complain.....

That's true...
    This sky project is grossly overpriced...
    Than how abt Foresque at $1454psf?

I have talked abt Centris @ Jurong pt.
    I have talked abt Centro Res @ AMK
    I have talked abt Watertown
    I have talked abt Caspian @ Lakeside
    I have talked abt latest land price for Tenah Merah
    I have talked abt latest land price for Bukit Panjang Integrated hub and future pricing
    I have talked abt latest land price for Thomson area
    I have talked abt upcoming land price for Yishun hub.

Market forces will determine the price.
    When u see something like Sky Habitat, 0 sales last month, then u can say it is overpriced. Nothing wrong with the design or location.

Yishun condo will be priced between $1000 to $1500.
    The take up rate for Yishun pte

The Estuary fully sold
    Miltonia Res fully sold
    Skies Miltonia 80% sold
    8 Courtyard 97% sold
    Canberra Res 98% sold as at Sep
    The Nautical 84% sold

Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    Full of negativity!
    I am not praying, just looking forward to stay there on my own.
    Let me give you an example, It you bought a diamond ring at $20000.
    You do not expect to get back more than what you paid more, It's like Art.
    Some people may just value it as a stone
    Only the purchaser values it and can see why they love it then they bought it
    Besides if you buy expensive jewels, chances are you may not get more or near the amount you purchased for unless it is very rare.

If the area blossoms in the future, it is a bonus.
    Right now I'm loving how exclusive and serene the place is and comes with impeccable views.
    The future awaits and who knows what will happen?

Anyway, what do you people think of new properties consisting of more than 900 projects?
    Don't you think risks are higher?
    Imagine if half or more, 450 units are for sale and for rent?
    Future rental and buyers will source for the best units and negotiate for the best rates.
    I am sensing a bit of buyer's remorse or even denial here. This isn't a $20,000 purchase that one can easily write off, or dun even have to take a loan for. This is a >$1,000,000 purchase that requires a 20, 25 or 30 year mortgage of working our asses off, praying no retrenchment, praying good health to stay employed etc etc

This isn't a luxury project, not by a long shot. There are very few intangible benefits here...everything has a value. Land is bidded cheap cheap by developer, who has done a good job marketing it and manage to make few hundred people part with their hard earn cash for something which really isn't worth the >1k psf price it commands.

>900 units...Riversails? Cheaper and a much better buy IMHO. That place is connected by park connectors to future Coney island, to Punggol watertown/beach/park, straight road to Marina bay via the KPE, to amenities which has been ANNOUNCED and not left to hope/chance. A good sized 3 bedder can be had for less than 900k.

Which one is easier to rent out or sell in your opinion?

I am sensing a bit of buyer's remorse or even denial here. This isn't a $20,000 purchase that one can easily write off, or dun even have to take a loan for. This is a >$1,000,000 purchase that requires a 20, 25 or 30 year mortgage of working our asses off, praying no retrenchment, praying good health to stay employed etc etc

This isn't a luxury project, not by a long shot. There are very few intangible benefits here...everything has a value. Land is bidded cheap cheap by developer, who has done a good job marketing it and manage to make few hundred people part with their hard earn cash for something which really isn't worth the >1k psf price it commands.

>900 units...Riversails? Cheaper and a much better buy IMHO. That place is connected by park connectors to future Coney island, to Punggol watertown/beach/park, straight road to Marina bay via the KPE, to amenities which has been ANNOUNCED and not left to hope/chance. A good sized 3 bedder can be had for less than 900k.

Which one is easier to rent out or sell in your opinion?

BUYERS REMORSE???!!!!
    I don't think so.
    What I am trying to say is if you purchase a diamond, a stone at a high price, people might think it's just a stone.
    Only the purchaser can see the value and appreciate it.

People I know This is a forum.
    I do not expect to hear only the good.
    Everyone have their own point of view.
    I can understand but try to see a good side to Things.
    Price does not relates to actual value.
    Value cannot be compared to just by pricing as well!

Besides I do not think that the projects with over 900 units can be easier to market than Any other projects.
    Those who bought it at low prices, It's a steal for home stay!
    Just think logically, No matter how good the price you bought at.
    Competition to sell it or to rent will be raised.
    Just think logically, if the units were not that many, do you think developer can sell people at cheaper prices given today's market?
    I'm not trying to say that it is not a good project or investment but just highlighting the competition level.
    Given the number of units there, exclusivity to facilities are not high.
    By then, there might be new projects to attract people to buy instead of this.
    But then again, that is subjective to one's point of view.
    Last edited by jacelynchia; 15-10-12 at 22:55.

I went to view SM, if it was 900 to 1000, I would have went in to purchase, considering I bought MR for less than 850, and it was a unit that agent from other companies were eyeing at (Hutton agents has exclusive for 1 week) it was bought while another 2 buyers were eyeing it, I remembered he came over and tried to offer me something to change my mind lolz

When I heard SM is asking for 1200 1400 I told my wide forget it. Not for investment, return will be slow and risky.

If crisis occur and price moderate, I will still be keen.

Quote Originally Posted by aang1971
    I went to view SM, if it was 900 to 1000, I would have went in to purchase, considering I bought MR for less than 850, and it was a unit that agent from other companies were eyeing at (Hutton agents has exclusive for 1 week) it was bought while another 2 buyers were eyeing it, I remembered he came over and tried to offer me something to change my mind lolz

When I heard SM is asking for 1200 1400 I told my wide forget it. Not for investment, return will be slow and risky.

Your unit must be very good!
    Yes, for the no views units.
    Prices start from 900k.
    You bought MR for the views?
    Last edited by jacelynchia; 15-10-12 at 23:05.

...this is a strange thread...if not happy with layout...why buy in the first place?...is buyer's remorse creeping in?
    I give u discount, want?

I give u discount, want?
    ...no want lah.....old man cannot reach hidden rubbish chute.....further more I do not hang around much in the bedroom....nor do I want to sun-bathe on the big balcony in the bedroom.

Yes, for the no views units.
    Prices start from 900k.
    You bought MR for the views?
    I got view of reservoir...but was not the main reason.....I look at more pragmatic aspect, view is bonus..will not pay over odds for view

I got view of reservoir...but was not the main reason.....I look at more pragmatic aspect, view is bonus..will not pay over odds for view
    I see!
    I was not sure of skies getting the view in the first place as well but I was sold when I was at the showflat!
    Very impressed with skies!

You got a very good buy, MR's facilities look very nice as well!

...no want lah.....old man cannot reach hidden rubbish chute.....further more I do not hang around much in the bedroom....nor do I want to sun-bathe on the big balcony in the bedroom.
    I am only willing to offer you the ac ledge. Sorry.

I see!
    I was not sure of skies getting the view in the first place as well but I was sold when I was at the showflat!
    Very impressed with skies!

You got a very good buy, MR's facilities look very nice as well!
    As I mention sis to each his own.

But yours is home stay should be ok

It is the investor who will be challenged...and the prices are pushed up by developers and agents

Any ware, is buyers beware

I am only willing to offer you the ac ledge. Sorry.
    hahahahahaha u r funny.......I also afraid of height..........all kinds of height....including prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Watertown > $1600psf
    Centro Res @ AMK > $1700psf
    The Centris @ JP with full of FW also closed to $1200psf
    Caspian 10-15m away from mrt track also closed to $1200psf

1 fren of mine bought a unit at The Centris during launch, i said far from everywhere except industries. wat ulu? Only ama keng & Changi village considered ulu. Pasir ris ulu?

with another 80k to 100k population coming in, more things will come in terms of infrastructure & amenities.

In investment, not only location, timing, space and govt are equally important.
    Riversails with more than 900 units just like public housing. U are buying condo for space, privacy & quietness. Riversails got no views but.... + no exclusiveness + pool design for children, sure very noisy with many outsiders.

Even selling cheaper, sales have been poor. Market forces decide.

Full of negativity!
    No worries. Just like watertown thread first started. Ppl need time to digest. What happen now? > $1600psf for 1 unit.

No return unit as of yesterday.

hahahahahaha u r funny.......I also afraid of height..........all kinds of height....including prices.
    huh? Including your own height? omg! lay flat better.

Comparison among developments in Yishun/Sembawang

Project .................. Land Area ...... GPR .. GFA ............ Tender Price .. PSF
    The Nautical ............. 27,665.50 sqm .. 1.4 .. 38,732.00 sqm .. $191,800,000 .. $460.05
    The Miltonia Residences .. 27,000.00 sqm .. 1.4 .. 37,800.00 sqm .. $165,000,000 .. $405.53
    Canberra Residences ...... 22,567.80 sqm .. 1.4 .. 31,594.92 sqm .. $131,700,000 .. $387.26
    Skies Miltonia ........... 16,900.00 sqm .. 2.1 .. 35,490.00 sqm .. $138,900,000 .. $363.60
    The Estuary .............. 26,949.10 sqm .. 2.1 .. 56,593.11 sqm .. $213,500,000 .. $350.48
    Eight Courtyards ......... 26,539.60 sqm .. 2.5 .. 66,349.00 sqm .. $229,400,000 .. $321.21

the 2 buyers must have been really remorseful they didn't spent too much time deliberating, especially the one who came over to make you a side offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    No worries. Just like watertown thread first started. Ppl need time to digest. What happen now? > $1600psf for 1 unit.

No return unit as of yesterday.
    If not for WT, i will go for yishun hub.
    Tired of waiting. And probably yishun hub psf might be higher, given sm psf.
    Well, investment point of view for SM is risky at this psf.
    But for home stay, nothing much to say.
    Perhaps becos of SM, my neighbour was offered 1.75mil but she rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    If not for WT, i will go for yishun hub.
    Tired of waiting. And probably yishun hub psf might be higher, given sm psf.
    Well, investment point of view for SM is risky at this psf.
    But for home stay, nothing much to say.
    Perhaps becos of SM, my neighbour was offered 1.75mil but she rejected.
    Eco Sanctuary
    *Launching Soon*

1-bedroom ~506 sqft from $638k up (indicative price)
    2-bedroom ~667 sqft from $808k up (indicative price)
    2+Study ~754 sqft from $908k up (indicative price)
    3-bedroom ~969 sqft from $1.18m up (indicative price)
    3+Study ~1163 sqft from $1.38m up (indicative price)
    4-bedroom ~1367 sqft from $1.58m up (indicative price)
    Look at Eco Sanctuary. A similar 969sf 2nd flr with no views (behind HDB, front Tree House) going for $1.18mio = $1217psf

The price can only go higher & higher. Treehouse -> Foresque -> Eco S.