Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 510152021222324252627282930354045 ... LastLast

Thread: Skies Miltonia @ Miltonia Close- 99 Years By TG Development

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Look at Eco Sanctuary. A similar 969sf 2nd flr with no views (behind HDB, front Tree House) going for $1.18mio = $1217psf

The price can only go higher & higher. Treehouse -> Foresque -> Eco S.
    True, price can only go higher.
    But seriously, everything comes with a price tag. Amendities/location is a major factor.
    If WT going for 1600psf, i can say, forget it. Way too overprice from investment point of view.
    If foresque going for 1300psf, i can also say bye bye. Whats the upsides?
    Developer can price whatever they want and there will always be buyers.
    Buyers buy for many reasons, be it self stay, investment, or proximity to work.
    I guess the forumers are not talking down SM, it just that they are questioning the upsides of this project when investment is concern.
    No doubt, miltonia v nice place to stay, MR buyers pay a reasonable price. SM buyers im not sure yet.

My neighbour was initially looking to buy SM for self stay and she plans to sell her current house. In the end, she go look for lilydale due to SM high psf.
    Just a simple sharing and dont mean to talk down anything.
    Different buyers have different sensitivity in terms of the price they are paying.
    As long one is happy, its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    True, price can only go higher.
    But seriously, everything comes with a price tag. Amendities/location is a major factor.
    If WT going for 1600psf, i can say, forget it. Way too overprice from investment point of view.
    If foresque going for 1300psf, i can also say bye bye. Whats the upsides?
    Developer can price whatever they want and there will always be buyers.
    Buyers buy for many reasons, be it self stay, investment, or proximity to work.
    I guess the forumers are not talking down SM, it just that they are questioning the upsides of this project when investment is concern.
    No doubt, miltonia v nice place to stay, MR buyers pay a reasonable price. SM buyers im not sure yet.
    Eco S. vs Skies. Surely Eco wins in terms of overpriced tag.
    2nd flr units ave $1200psf already liao. No views. No potential.

Eco S. vs Skies. Surely Eco wins in terms of overpriced tag.
    2nd flr units ave $1200psf already liao. No views. No potential.
    You can also use sky habitat to compare, skies also wins hands down in terms of quantum and psf. But does that mean skies is a good buy?
    Well, Theres no end to it.

You can also use sky habitat to compare, skies also wins hands down in terms of quantum and psf. But does that mean skies is a good buy?
    Well, Theres no end to it.
    Compare to Eco S. 100% yes. Cant turn back the clock liao. If can, 2004-2005 was the best recent years to invest. Like u said, nvr end.

Compare to Eco S. 100% yes. Cant turn back the clock liao. If can, 2004-2005 was the best recent years to invest. Like u said, nvr end.
    Well, if u ask me compare, eco s vs skies, i feel both sama sama. Not much investment upsides if priced at that kind of psf.
    But thats just my view. I've been staying in miltonia for 5 yrs and i know its potential and where is its cap. Why should i talk down my place? Its just my honest opinion.
    But thats also the beauty of this forum. Diff people diff view.
    Up to the readers to decide.

Well, if u ask me compare, eco s vs skies, i feel both sama sama. Not much upsides if priced at that kind of psf.
    But thats just my view. I've been staying in miltonia for 5 yrs and i know its potential and where is its cap. Why should i talk down my place? Its just my honest opinion.
    you moved to shaugnessy?

So i guess u still waiting for yishun hub?
    Its also one of those in my list. But too bad, no bullet liao.

Well, if u ask me compare, eco s vs skies, i feel both sama sama. Not much investment upsides if priced at that kind of psf.
    All with the same view, price will be stagnant. All buy, nobody sell or all sell nobody buy.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    you moved to shaugnessy?
    that was many years back, psf lower than hdb, lol
    But then cant compare la, anything bought before 2006 is damn cheap.

So i guess u still waiting for yishun hub?
    Its also one of those in my list. But too bad, no bullet liao.
    Yup. Last time, i expect priced between $1250 - $1300psf. Now it is very unlikely. Price may go up to $1500psf, thus making WT look cheap.

The world does not revolve only around anyone.
    Please move with the time.

Definitely the overpriced segment. Skies is not that overpriced.

Yup. Last time, i expect priced between $1250 - $1300psf. Now it is very unlikely. Price may go up to $1500psf, thus making WT look cheap.
    Gut feel is ard 1300psf.
    If true, still can buy la. I feel yishun hub got more upsides than WT. Lesser competition at least.

Skies psf and take up rate is something im taken aback.
    But good lah, all miltonia buyers huat together.

Gut feel is ard 1300psf.
    If true, still can buy la. I feel yishun hub got more upsides than WT. Lesser competition at least.

Skies psf and take up rate is something im taken aback.
    But good lah, all miltonia buyers huat together.
    Hopefully $1300psf, but will be lower flr or lousier facing etc. Higher flr might be going abv $1400/ $1500psf. We will know in abt a year time.

Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia

Eco S. 2nd flr $12xxpsf and Higher flr 1.4 1.5k overpriced or not? Far from everywhere except west itself.

[QUOTE=danntbt]...no want lah.....old man cannot reach hidden rubbish chute.....further more I do not hang around much in the bedroom....nor do I want to sun-bathe on the big balcony in the bedroom.[/QUOT

You are damn sarcastic.
    It seems like you're enjoying our worries!
    Always adding some spice to the skies thread.

We're too engrossed at the show flat, did'nt thought the chute was going to be a problem.
    The thread was mainly to solve this issue but you're seem to not understand.

We neglected the chute area but I think we can try talking to developer.

p3nboy, Do let us know if you need anything from us.
    Have you tried speaking to Developer?
    Last edited by jacelynchia; 16-10-12 at 03:34.

[QUOTE=jacelynchia]
    Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    ...no want lah.....old man cannot reach hidden rubbish chute.....further more I do not hang around much in the bedroom....nor do I want to sun-bathe on the big balcony in the bedroom.[/QUOT

You are damn sarcastic.
    It seems like you're enjoying our worries!
    Always adding some spice to the skies thread.

We're too engrossed at the show flat, did'nt thought the chute was going to be a problem.
    The thread was mainly to solve this issue but you're seem to not understand.

We neglected the chute area but I think we can try talking to developer.

p3nboy, Do let us know if you need anything from us.
    Have you tried speaking to Developer?
    ....well you said it all....tsk tsk.....just live with it, Foresque also has chute in the cabinet, washer and dryer in the cabinet, also 80% sold....

huh? Including your own height? omg! lay flat better.
    haha, now that you pointed that out.....I realized I got used to that already....maybe you can eventually get use to the location of the chute too....good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp
    Comparison among developments in Yishun/Sembawang

Project .................. Land Area ...... GPR .. GFA ............ Tender Price .. PSF
    The Nautical ............. 27,665.50 sqm .. 1.4 .. 38,732.00 sqm .. $191,800,000 .. $460.05
    The Miltonia Residences .. 27,000.00 sqm .. 1.4 .. 37,800.00 sqm .. $165,000,000 .. $405.53
    Canberra Residences ...... 22,567.80 sqm .. 1.4 .. 31,594.92 sqm .. $131,700,000 .. $387.26
    Skies Miltonia ........... 16,900.00 sqm .. 2.1 .. 35,490.00 sqm .. $138,900,000 .. $363.60
    The Estuary .............. 26,949.10 sqm .. 2.1 .. 56,593.11 sqm .. $213,500,000 .. $350.48
    Eight Courtyards ......... 26,539.60 sqm .. 2.5 .. 66,349.00 sqm .. $229,400,000 .. $321.21
    ...WOW EC land also more expensive........well done to SM Developer.

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    ...WOW EC land also more expensive........well done to SM Developer.
    Looks like we may have another financial crisis...well good time for me to go in and buy from borderline cases when that happen.

Liquidity will be big issue for next 3 years and if Obama loses the election, Republican has history of protecting the rich over middle class. One way is to stop printing money and raise interest rate

Visited SM over the weekend. For the 4 bedders, the 5th flr unit was priced at around 1.35m and 8th flr on the same stack 1.65m. 300k more for just 3 flrs higher because of the view and the view from 8th flr is just above the trees. SM developer has done a fantastic job in marketing and he must be having a good laugh all the way to the bank. I am not sure how lucky SM will prove to those who paid such premium prices but it definitely proved very lucky for the developer.

Sky Habitat now looks very reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    Visited SM over the weekend. For the 4 bedders, the 5th flr unit was priced at around 1.35m and 8th flr on the same stack 1.65m. 300k more for just 3 flrs higher because of the view and the view from 8th flr is just above the trees. SM developer has done a fantastic job in marketing and he must be having a good laugh all the way to the bank. I am not sure how lucky SM will prove to those who paid such premium prices but it definitely proved very lucky for the developer.

Sky Habitat now looks very reasonably priced.
    Just to add that it would be quite interesting for someone to do a thesis on the above - the psyche of buyers , how they fall in for the marketing gimmicks of developers and the power of "feng shui" marketing.
    I do not remember The Estuary being priced like 300k more for 3 higher floors becuase of the view. The view from Estuary is clearly more superior with a larger upfront water view. Many units face away from the junction which is supposedly bad for feng shui. It is walking distance from MRT.
    SM would prove to be a interesting case study for marketing.

I think there will be more condo developments in Miltonia in time to come, perhaps in the GLS 2013.

The availability of land for the condo belt in Pasir Ris, Upper Serangoon, Tampines Ave 10 have almost been depleted.

Miltonia & Hillview are the ones that I can think of with room for more development at the moment.

If you have been to the showroom, you would not have said so.
    The layout is very cozy and family- oriented.
    The 3 bedder at the showflat is for the premium unit (1130sqft) where the living / dining area is of reasonable size. The compact 3 room (969 sq ft) which you bought and can only be seen from the floorplan has living / dining area equivalent to the 2 bedders. Compare the floor plans of the 3 rm compact and premium side to side and the difference in living/dining size would be quite obvious. Only a small sized 1 pc 3 seater sofa can be placed in the living room of the 3rm compact.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    The 3 bedder at the showflat is for the premium unit (1130sqft) where the living / dining area is of reasonable size. The compact 3 room (969 sq ft) which you bought and can only be seen from the floorplan has living / dining area equivalent to the 2 bedders. Compare the floor plans of the 3 rm compact and premium side to side and the difference in living/dining size would be quite obvious. Only a small sized 1 pc 3 seater sofa can be placed in the living room of the 3rm compact.

The premium unit is brought up by the balconies, yard and an extra toliet, which I do not need.

I think It's fine. The size was not a issue.

The premium unit is brought up by the balconies, yard and an extra toliet, which I do not need.

I think It's fine. The size was not a issue.
    I like your optimism and your resolve. Single-handedly defend Skies Miltonia against all naysayers.

In fact I think you should chill and take a break from the forum. Start shopping for interior designers, design your colour theme, pick your furniture etc etc. Make your 3bedder your dream home come true.

is yishun and seletar area in the hot zone?

check this out: http://www.squarefoot.com.sg/

parc centros buyers happy like bird

Congrats all residents on the purchase. Miltonia is a good place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by PropertyNewbie
    I like your optimism and your resolve. Single-handedly defend Skies Miltonia against all naysayers.

In fact I think you should chill and take a break from the forum. Start shopping for interior designers, design your colour theme, pick your furniture etc etc. Make your 3bedder your dream home come true.

I have recieved messages from skies owners to just ignore but I feel I must protect my baby! hahaha
    well, Thank you
    Optimism is key but in the first place, we buyers bought it because we loved it.

I just feel that if others have so much to say about other's purchases but do they really think we buyers cannot judge on our own?

You're right!
    We should start thinking about the interiors.
    I am thinking of wallpapers designs and the decors already !