Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2712172223242526272829303132374247 ... LastLast

Thread: Skies Miltonia @ Miltonia Close- 99 Years By TG Development

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    eCO also includes all these. is this the norm for all new launches now? did the new launches last time include these furnishings?
    MR did not include these throw-ins. Anyway, these things don't cost much these dats.

Thanks! so did you get SM then?
    I always believe value is in the eye of the beholder. If you like what you bought, then it's worth it in your eyes. and next time if you do want to sell it, someone of your same kind of value judgement will also appreciate your unit in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by einnoc
    emma, both sm & 8courtyard are a short drive away from mrt stations. Quite impossible to walk to the stations under the hot sun.
    However, 8 courtyard is the nearest pte hsing near Northpoint and bus interchange.

I live in Yishun for the past 25 years. i too was in a dilemma to choose btw 8courtyard & SM. But it really depends on your criterias. Different ppl has different criterias.

For me,i like 8courtyard price & size but dun like its location(surrounded by factories @ one side, the other side is HDB & EC, but the other side face canal & low pte housing-no more available units le.) I was worried abt the noise that may come from the mrt track too. But many ppl said the station is noisier than track.

SM- i really dislike the high price & 2 balconies but i love thought of living near a golf course+reservoir. I hope i can breathe in fresh air every morning when i wake up. A high price to pay but healthy mind, healthy self equals to wealth too For the balconies, i think many have constructive ideas on how to use it. From personal yoga place to breakfast alfresco to hanging laundry....But i think it will be my son's mini playground.

Quote Originally Posted by shareidiot
    MR did not include these throw-ins. Anyway, these things don't cost much these dats.
    i think most development using same type of "branded" fitting etc...saw same european brand being repeated in brochure..i even commented..distributior must be laughing all the way to bank

SM is more complete with fridges, washing machines etc and even marble flooring...then $500k can start wholesale distribution of fridges and washing mahines etc...heard one gal commented to her hubby while the agent went away

You are a true blue ambassador & firm believer of SM......

Hahaha, Have Faith in what you believe in.

Skies is for home stay but my hubby is looking at other projects for investment as well. Any recommendations?

Thanks! but the price difference between the two is quite a lot!
    Is the view at SM significantly better?
    The price of the lower floors or those with no view is still palatable but the huge jump in prices for the units with better view at SM is not worth it. I think it is rather foolish to pay 300k more for the 8th flr as compared to the 5th floor with only view of the pool. How often time is someone going to spend sitting at the balcony enjoyingthe view. My bet, after the initial euphoria, no more than 10 minutes a week. For that 300k more? Just foolish.

eCO also includes all these. is this the norm for all new launches now? did the new launches last time include these furnishings?
    The wardrobes are all included for all the bedrooms as well, basically just need to do up the lightings, sofa, dining table and beds only.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    The price of the lower floors or those with no view is still palatable but the huge jump in prices for the units with better view at SM is not worth it. I think it is rather foolish to pay 300k more for the 8th flr as compared to the 5th floor with only view of the pool. How often time is someone going to spend sitting at the balcony enjoyingthe view. My bet, after the initial euphoria, no more than 10 minutes a week. For that 300k more? Just foolish.

buying Skies is all about view, it is the low floor units which are priced too high, best is only pool view which is available in every condos.

I totally agreed with you. the big balcony is a total waste of money too.
    such saving can made the place more affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    How come i dun know i have a unit here? I am here to TCSS. hahaha....
    ....good for you not to have to get use to the hidden chute after all.....but what I said should applies to P3nBoy and other new owners of SM......its actually a good thing because, in making it difficult to throw rubbish, you might be less inclined to throw away things that can be recycled.....SM should be given Green Mark of excellence....once got award...maybe can sell even higher....SomeMore.
    Last edited by danntbt; 17-10-12 at 16:20.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise
    which new development comes with small balcony?

Agree that the hidden chute is kinda inconvenient & difficult to maintain.
    But i dun think the cockroaches will crawl out after fuming.

My parents live on a low floor in hdb in Khatib area for more than 20 years. Next to our flat is a coffeeshop area. We have a chute right below the sink too. Never seen a single cockroach after fuming. I hope never ever too. However, i was frightened by a cockroach when i open the chute once(not after fuming lar). Btw, i did find the smell from the chute unbearing. Maybe is becoz my parents live in low level. So i gonna hold my breath every time i open the chute
    Last edited by einnoc; 17-10-12 at 16:35.

true as well. but from the floor plan the balcony for this one really is quite large. but if you enjoy scenery etc, maybe you can find creative uses for the balcony. and from what i remember, the balcony of for st pats is quite huge as well. maybe this is the style of this developer? - like a resort theme or something. if you like resort style, scenery etc, you will enjoy this kind of theme i guess.

ps i am not making a statement on whether big or small balcony is good or bad, i guess it's all down to your preference - there is no accounting for taste!
    Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    which new development comes with small balcony?

Seen SM showflat (2BR). The common room is really very small.
    As for balcony, pls check MR.... MR has big balcony area too. However, the BR size is comfortable. The only down side is, there is NO bomb shelter (aka store room) in case of MR.

true as well. but from the floor plan the balcony for this one really is quite large. but if you enjoy scenery etc, maybe you can find creative uses for the balcony. and from what i remember, the balcony of for st pats is quite huge as well. maybe this is the style of this developer? - like a resort theme or something. if you like resort style, scenery etc, you will enjoy this kind of theme i guess.

ps i am not making a statement on whether big or small balcony is good or bad, i guess it's all down to your preference - there is no accounting for taste!

http://www.estuary.com.sg/

this is better, balcony with planter.

Estuary layout sucks lah.
    Won't look at it at all.... planters & AC ledge so big ....

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    http://www.estuary.com.sg/

this is better, balcony with planter.

erm.... but i find this balcony too small le. Can put 2 chairs?

But the view is awesome. Beware of the noise though, coz that stretch of road is pretty busy. Nevertheless, it is walking distance to the coffeeshops, MacDonald and if dun mind walking 15mins, can rch Khatib mrt by foot too.

Are they providing Miele, De Dietrich, Gaggenau appliances? Hansgrohe, Grohe, Bravat fittings?

Or run-of-the-mill mass brands?

Estuary layout sucks lah.
    Won't look at it at all.... planters & AC ledge so big ....
    Why the rooms are so small?

Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    Yes, Many are happy.
    I am too, The price of Skies seems to garner attention and Who knows, the pricing of skies may allow the govt to see the potential of Yishun and further develop it like punggol.
    Govt already have plans for yishun.
    Expressways, schools, Aerospace hub all coming up and more to come.
    Anything is possible, just like a decade ago, no one wanted to be at punggol as It was a new town and now wow!
    As I have said before, every place can a good place depending on how govt brand it.
    The price at skies shocked investors and I'm sure Hdb but It just shows plenty of potential and confidence of buyers now in the north.
    Pretty sure from the sales of skies, Yishun land will not be cheap in the future any more.
    As long as Land don't come cheap, the area will blossom and besides there are Plenty of land in Yishun.
    Just have to be patient, The future awaits

I beg to differ that every project owner is happy, some projects are not even investment worthy due to over crowding and supply of units.
    I am expecting developers to priced future projects at sky high prices
    However if they cross the line, do expect poor sales like we have seen recently.
    No developer will priced cheaper as land prices increased and If they do priced at real low prices, the market area nearby might crash and go down.
    Agent told me cases like this have happened before and for property bubble wise, I'm sure Govt is more than concerned.
    Actually, dun need to tell them all these. Even if it is 99% perfect (even if only hor), they just continue to nag on the 1% until this thread reaches 100 pages. The most important thing is u like the place & willing to pay for it.

Same goes to ppl who bought unit/s that is far away from everywhere except west itself like foresque. No views. No future developments. Hall small, rooms are small + many others . Go read up foresque thread.

the biggest joke of the day is you choose to have a bigger balcony area and happier enough with a smaller hall which is smaller than
    your master bedroom. maybe you change bedsheet everyday that you need a bigger drying area.

you are 1 in a hundred.
    pple talking abt the link u have posted. You talk abt other things.

One forummer mentioned abt your foresque unit small hall, small bdrm +++ many others You asked him to buy PH. Same thing here wat.

U haven't do your homework? Ask u to look & think deeper, but u r getting shallower. Wrong direction liao..

Mind game.

Try to refrain from using foolish or other mean words lah. It is their $$$.

They have 1001 reasons to buy and u have your own.

with fantastic view value of the property will probably be at least maintained

About 19.3% of the space goes to balcony and AC ledge. Would be more optimal if the percentage is around 12-13%

Quote Originally Posted by einnoc
    erm.... but i find this balcony too small le. Can put 2 chairs?

But the view is awesome. Beware of the noise though, coz that stretch of road is pretty busy. Nevertheless, it is walking distance to the coffeeshops, MacDonald and if dun mind walking 15mins, can rch Khatib mrt by foot too.
    I think 10 minutes walk can reach Liao, not that far!

also that it is sideway make it even more headache....

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    I think 10 minutes walk can reach Liao, not that far!
    it's about 1.9km walking distance to Katib mrt leh..quite tough

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    That's SM, thought I was referring to Estuary.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Do they provide shuttle service to the mrt the 1st couple of years?

When I was at SM the sales people was hard selling like anything...that was 1 week before preview...and they already saying famous feng shui master buying

When I heard the price, I asked since the developer paid a lower price whichnresultbin break even price of 450 to 550 psf, and the average asking is 1200, what..aside from the view (which is notbprovided by developer) will the developer do different since the premium is so much, almost double what it will cost them.

Fitting is normal branded, fridge dun cost so much, facilities are normal.

They cannot even tell me is the civil engineer local or some Japanese expert, main con not confirmed and QS not confirmed.

I ask if cut cost to maximize profit and appoint china or Indian company how? After all which business is not profit hungry. Unlikely...but can happen right?

Reaction of agent suggest they are all talking up to increase psf price, at buyers' expense.

Decided to wait and look at other alternative investments...afterlll I feel global recession 3.0 is coming a no it will not be the last