Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Horizon (D5, 99-year leasehold, Far East Organization)

Default Re: For Sale Blue Horizon With Great Sea View

The Straits Times article today entitled "Deferred payment scheme: Up to 4,200 homes may be dumped" is worth reading.

It quoted some property experts that say that about 30% of those on deferred payment scheme (DPS) may be speculators.

It also showed a bar chart with the following data:

2008 completion: 8,364 units of which 4,020 are approved under DPS
    2009 completion: 13,493 units of which 11,294 are approved under DPS
    2010 completion: 18,509 units of which 6,687 are approved under DPS

It fairly pointed out that though units have been approved under the Deferred Payment Scheme (DPS), it does not automatically mean that all these buyers will use DPS.

From the data above, looks like a significant majority of the units due for completion in 2009 have been approved for the DPS.

Sorry Roger I am trying to tell Buyers the fact so that they can give flipper a miss.
    I myself to own private properties and definitely want it to rise overtime. If not a my generation then my children shall.

No problem, propertieshunter. this is part and parcel of property investment. win some, loose some.

this is a gd pty forum. but can see some trying to create havoc here. hope all can post responsibly. cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    The Straits Times article today entitled "Deferred payment scheme: Up to 4,200 homes may be dumped" is worth reading.

It quoted some property experts that say that about 30% of those on deferred payment scheme (DPS) may be speculators.

It also showed a bar chart with the following data:

2008 completion: 8,364 units of which 4,020 are approved under DPS
    2009 completion: 13,493 units of which 11,294 are approved under DPS
    2010 completion: 18,509 units of which 6,687 are approved under DPS

It fairly pointed out that though units have been approved under the Deferred Payment Scheme (DPS), it does not automatically mean that all these buyers will use DPS.

From the data above, looks like a significant majority of the units due for completion in 2009 have been approved for the DPS.

Sorry Roger I am trying to tell Buyers the fact so that they can give flipper a miss.
    I myself to own private properties and definitely want it to rise overtime. If not a my generation then my children shall.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerang
    No problem, propertieshunter. this is part and parcel of property investment. win some, loose some.

this is a gd pty forum. but can see some trying to create havoc here. hope all can post responsibly. cheers!
    Hi Roger,

As my intented posting I did not want to push any prices up or down as I did own properties myself. Just to provide updated and true info for BUYER or Seller to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Yes, we saw that sign too. It is for sale by URA to developers. But it is on the reserve list, and it has not been sold yet. It might be sold soon, given the recent run up in property prices.
    This is rather quiet... no one is interested in this project anymore? I understand that prices had fallen quite a bit from their Peak last year, what is the going rate now?

Default Far East Organisation Project

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    This is rather quiet... no one is interested in this project anymore? I understand that prices had fallen quite a bit from their Peak last year, what is the going rate now?
    Just share a bit on FEO projects. Throughout property events in my life. I have make good choices as well as bad choices. One of my biggest mistake is getting Regent Grove, FEO project at 425psf from developer. A lot of disappointments and the worse came from the Multi-Storey Carparks. (MSC)

The condo was rented out since day 1 and parted from me for some time but the MSC still haunt me till now. Nowsaday, MSC could be identify and associate with FEO project. Lakeshore, Blue Horizon, La Casa, Hillview Regency, GardenVista, etc, etc, etc.

Why? Compare to basement carpark;

1. Cheapskate Carpark compare to basement. And you dont need ventilation and less light.

2. Use up land space.

3. Tyre drifting sound up the slope.

4. Jamm up at entrance/exit and slope during peak and slow parker.

5. Light shine on ajacent units when on slope.

6. Cramp space.

7. Those without lift have to climb up and down.

8. Those far from MSC will be more walking distance.

9. Those without shelter have to bear rain/shine.

And all these only on the MSC. I haven't went into the workmenship or pricing in the unit, etc. So for me, I won't consider anything with FEO regardless of price or location. I mean, just me and my humble opinion.

one more thing about FE projects ..those condos built at about the same time .. have roughly same design and SAME MATERIALS used ..

the paint as well ... look at heritage view .. and you ca identify another FE project easily

they probably buy the material in bulk and use them on all the projects .. sink, sink top , kitchen cabinets etc

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    one more thing about FE projects ..those condos built at about the same time .. have roughly same design and SAME MATERIALS used ..

the paint as well ... look at heritage view .. and you ca identify another FE project easily

they probably buy the material in bulk and use them on all the projects .. sink, sink top , kitchen cabinets etc
    back to Blue horizon .. i recall 2 yrs ago i was offered a decent 3 bedder with nice sea view .. and pretty good price .. went to view twice ...

on the second viewing ... going around the facilities ...pool, etc .. had a rude shock ... we saw a china chinese woman ..in the pool ... with a stick of fried fish ball .... my wife and i were so so turned off .. cos these probably tenants were disgusting in the social behaviours and we decided to give BH a pass ...

not sure if its still the same ... maybe can find satay stick, sotong ball at the bottom of the pool ... and the oil floating on top ...any residents care to comment ?

You don't sound like a proud owner at all. Anyway, you can always hire an interior designer and redo the whole interior thing. As to multi-storey carpark comments... it is like HDB, nothing wrong with that as it is cheaper to build and maintain. By fair reasoning, it should translate to cheaper prices for a cheaper condo. But if the developer charges you a premium, it is another thing. Air in basement carparks is hotter and the air is bad.

BH owners did make a profit if they sell during the peak last year. Not sure if still able to if they sell now.

You don't sound like a proud owner at all. Anyway, you can always hire an interior designer and redo the whole interior thing. As to multi-storey carpark comments... it is like HDB, nothing wrong with that as it is cheaper to build and maintain. By fair reasoning, it should translate to cheaper prices for a cheaper condo. But if the developer charges you a premium, it is another thing. Air in basement carparks is hotter and the air is bad.

BH owners did make a profit if they sell during the peak last year. Not sure if still able to if they sell now.
    you are right i am not an owner of any FE projects ... just feel that their projects all look alike

yes can renov the interior but just feel that the whole purpose of buying a condo is for its everything .. why buy alerady and redo things that are brand new ?

hence i am never a fan of FE

Many types of folks with many kinds of reasons for buying. Leave it to their wise/folly decision.

As the saying goes, who cares about black or white cat as long as it catches mouse. So the same goes for any FEO project as long as it can make money for the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by apple3
    Just share a bit on FEO projects. Throughout property events in my life. I have make good choices as well as bad choices. One of my biggest mistake is getting Regent Grove, FEO project at 425psf from developer. A lot of disappointments and the worse came from the Multi-Storey Carparks. (MSC)

The condo was rented out since day 1 and parted from me for some time but the MSC still haunt me till now. Nowsaday, MSC could be identify and associate with FEO project. Lakeshore, Blue Horizon, La Casa, Hillview Regency, GardenVista, etc, etc, etc.

Why? Compare to basement carpark;

1. Cheapskate Carpark compare to basement. And you dont need ventilation and less light.

2. Use up land space.

3. Tyre drifting sound up the slope.

4. Jamm up at entrance/exit and slope during peak and slow parker.

5. Light shine on ajacent units when on slope.

6. Cramp space.

7. Those without lift have to climb up and down.

8. Those far from MSC will be more walking distance.

9. Those without shelter have to bear rain/shine.

And all these only on the MSC. I haven't went into the workmenship or pricing in the unit, etc. So for me, I won't consider anything with FEO regardless of price or location. I mean, just me and my humble opinion.
    u can add Mi Casa...also MSC.

However, Garden Vista is basement carpark.

Almost anyone would have made a profit anywhere if they sold during the peak last year. A friend of mine bought BH for 600+k, last year was offered 900+k by agent to sell (japanese buyer due to the nearby japanese school), but he did not as it was meant for own stay. However, he did told the agent if 1M he will sell. That offer never came.

There you go, it doesn't matter if MSC or not.

Anyway HDB folks must be fine with MSC... and most shopping centers comes with MSC and not basement carpark. We are talking about Mass Market Condo appealing to HDB upgraders and not luxury development in D9,10,11 etc. BH is meant for the Mass Market lah.

Many factors to consider when buying a property, if car park is so important, I rather stay in landed and not in a condo. Park right under the foyer beside your big big garden. When you have it, you are there.

Anyway HDB folks must be fine with MSC... and most shopping centers comes with MSC and not basement carpark. We are talking about Mass Market Condo appealing to HDB upgraders and not luxury development in D9,10,11 etc. BH is meant for the Mass Market lah.

Many factors to consider when buying a property, if car park is so important, I rather stay in landed and not in a condo. Park right under the foyer beside your big big garden. When you have it, you are there.

its individual preference lah ..

i think the writer is saying that for MSC ..developer actually saves on building lift ..etc ..as opposed to digging under and providing aircon , lift etc ... hence cost has been largely reduced ..but its not reflected in a lower psf ... so paying same psf for 2 projects nearby ..the one with MSC logically should be cheaper ...but its not ..hence developer makan the $$ lor ...

its individual preference lah ..

i think the writer is saying that for MSC ..developer actually saves on building lift ..etc ..as opposed to digging under and providing aircon , lift etc ... hence cost has been largely reduced ..but its not reflected in a lower psf ... so paying same psf for 2 projects nearby ..the one with MSC logically should be cheaper ...but its not ..hence developer makan the $$ lor ...
    Just like Caspian and Mi Casa...one underground, one MSC...and the one with MSC not really cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by jonleelk
    Just like Caspian and Mi Casa...one underground, one MSC...and the one with MSC not really cheaper.
    if the news about Li ka shin investing in spore property ..particularly on west coast ..is true ... west coast will be boom town

Pardon me, I just couldn't miss this one..

If "proud owner" nick mean Proud Owner of any property in actual,
    then.. I should be a Apple Tree?? Wahahahhaha...

indeed i am NEVER a proud owner of BH or any FE project ... not up to my standard ... pls refer back to my comment on why i pass on BH years ago ..and also on FE

by the way Apple3 ... Li Ka Shing investing in west coast .. areyou sure you still want to sell your CW ?

by the way Apple3 ... Li Ka Shing investing in west coast .. areyou sure you still want to sell your CW ?
    Bullion (HK) already bid and bought the land beside BH before Lehman incident. They decided to halt the launch even though the sketch is up.

Selling CW is family personal reasons.. too small to weight against Li Ka Shing. But again, if were to compare, Sand is investing in Marina, maybe sell CW and buy studio 450sqf in D9 better, FH somemore.

It is like HDB? But are they selling at HDB price? The Caspian vs Lakeshore is a very good example. But then hor..

Centris, Caspian, Parc Vista, Parc Oasis, Maysprings, Hazel Park, Botannia, Carabelle, Varsity Park, Clementi Wood, Stellar, Park Natura, Raintree, Hillington, etc, etc.. I just pull out easliy from Boon Lay to Bukit Batok to Bukit Panjang to Jurong East to West Coast, very difficult to find a MSC development other then FEO project wor..

Hmm.. they must be non-mass market condo, on par with D9, D10.. It a steal to buy, quick!!

u can add Mi Casa...also MSC.

However, Garden Vista is basement carpark.
    Is it? My mistake. So they spend a bit more on D11. What about the other side like Silversea or Rafflesia?

Bullion (HK) already bid and bought the land beside BH before Lehman incident. They decided to halt the launch even though the sketch is up.

Selling CW is family personal reasons.. too small to weight against Li Ka Shing. But again, if were to compare, Sand is investing in Marina, maybe sell CW and buy studio 450sqf in D9 better, FH somemore.
    understand ...

dont wont the new investment from HK on westcoast set some kind of bench mark for west side ? i am sure the value will increase some wat ..

It is like HDB? But are they selling at HDB price? The Caspian vs Lakeshore is a very good example. But then hor..

Centris, Caspian, Parc Vista, Parc Oasis, Maysprings, Hazel Park, Botannia, Carabelle, Varsity Park, Clementi Wood, Stellar, Park Natura, Raintree, Hillington, etc, etc.. I just pull out easliy from Boon Lay to Bukit Batok to Bukit Panjang to Jurong East to West Coast, very difficult to find a MSC development other then FEO project wor..

Hmm.. they must be non-mass market condo, on par with D9, D10.. It a steal to buy, quick!!
    You do have a sense of humor ..i am sorry i called you OLD MAN before ...

Is it? My mistake. So they spend a bit more on D11. What about the other side like Silversea or Rafflesia?
    Garden Vista is actually D21...same as Jardin and Floridian. However, the later 2 are FH.

All 3 basement carparks.

Garden Vista is actually D21...same as Jardin and Floridian. However, the later 2 are FH.

All 3 basement carparks.
    anybody any idea where exactly is the district boundary ? not that i am any bit interested in dist 11 or 21 ... its tricky to keen buyer...

same for dist 10/21 along holland road towards clementi rd ..

i think mt sinai is the cut off ? for 10/21
    where is the cut off for 11/21 along bt timah and dunearn side ?

i certainly wont invest in 'fringe' projects ...

just as i wont pay dist 9 price for those at the end of river valley ..near lower delta , should really be closer in pricing to dist 3....shant mention project names ...

I quite like BH though not a owner there. I do agree that savings in MSP should translate to cheaper prices and it seems that it is not the case. Caspian versus Mi Casa, similiar pricing and one with basement carpark. Well, if I am a developer, I would use demand and supply to set the pricing and not my actual cost as I would want to maximise my profits, nothing wrong with that. Simple economics dudes :P

I quite like BH though not a owner there. I do agree that savings in MSP should translate to cheaper prices and it seems that it is not the case. Caspian versus Mi Casa, similiar pricing and one with basement carpark. Well, if I am a developer, I would use demand and supply to set the pricing and not my actual cost as I would want to maximise my profits, nothing wrong with that. Simple economics dudes :P
    correct as a developer, they will do every bit to squeeze buyers ...and maximize profit ..just like PES .. balcony, terrace ...selling you at the same psf as those covered live-in area .. while they actual cost does not incl that ...

so we are here to educate potential buyers ...to help them get the best deal ...

yes, demand and supply will determine prices. So, we the buyers will not demand FEO properties given its shoddy quality and multi-storey car park. yes, I fully agree that all FEO properties are crap, including blue horizon, where even the windows don't open fully, not to mention the noise from west coast highway.

Some ang moh wrote a story a year or two ago saying that blue horizon is haunted. Not sure that is true or not, but his story makes interesting reading.

I went to many FEO projects, BH, lakeshore, hillview regency, gardenvista. they all look the same, cramped and stuffy with IKEA furnishings. You see one and you have seen them all.

I just don't buy anything with the FEO logo.