Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have You Missed The Property Boat?

Default Have You Missed The Property Boat?

I have. I have missed many, many boats. If I line them all up, can start a shipping business.

Here are a few of those boats that I remember missing:

1988 - Farrer Court cost about 300K only so me and my friend decided to share and buy one instead of renting there. We could not buy on our own as we got not enough money. Just graduated and started working but not enough CPF, no savings, got to pay off tuition loan. My friend suddenly chicken out so I cannot buy. When it comes to property investment, many talk a lot but few dare to buy, even when prices crashed. Farrer Court price went up to a million in 1996. When this boat came back in 1998, I jumped in even when my father told me not to buy, as I just bought a 2 br condo and a 3R HDB flat.

1992 - Viewed Ivory Heights, high floor, can see CK Tang from the unit on a clear day. Owner asking 300K. Can buy but did not buy because it cost 100K more than a HDB executive flat in Jurong.

1998 - Leedon Heights, ground floor unit, beautifully renovated, agent says owner will sell for 680K. I offered 660K. No deal. Missed this boat which was later enblocked for more than 2 million.

2009 - Chancery Court, 4th floor, original condition but cheap, only 1.08 million. I ask my friend and she said wait for price to fall further. I offered 1 million and got nothing. I should never have listened to a woman when it comes to property. They always look for bargains.

There are many more, I just list the big ones.

What about you? Have you missed any boats? Care to share, so that we may be wiser, the next time the boat drift back as the tide changes.

Caspian
    #13-16 4 bedroom 1389sqft was $809100
    #03-16 4 bedroom 1389sqft was $778500

when i visited the showflat in mar 09, never buy.

I missed Kovan Residences in 2009 ... ended up buying another project with lower return ... and still holding bullets for another one ... waiting and waiting and waiting I should have bought CCR also in 2010 when 1.4m can still buy a decent 2br I did not know Bernanke is so powerful that he can follow up with QE2 and Op Twist after QE1 to sustain the recovery

Now I have learnt, don't underestimate US Fed .... just trust the market

Fed's Balance Sheet Swells To A Massive $2.9T On Treasury Buys
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 24-08-12 at 15:33.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quite a few.. but one I could remember was The Sail when it was initial launched at 8xx psf for a 6xx sf unit.. bay facing somemore..

Wanted to buy.. but fund was not enough..

i missed the sail

I also missed the Sail in early 2009. Viewed a few units but never buy.

Quote Originally Posted by 30years
    I have. I have missed many, many boats. If I line them all up, can start a shipping business.

Here are a few of those boats that I remember missing:

...........I should never have listened to a woman when it comes to property. They always look for bargains.

There are many more, I just list the big ones.

What about you? Have you missed any boats? Care to share, so that we may be wiser, the next time the boat drift back as the tide changes.
    I missed the boat in 2009- Luxus Hills.
    Actually it was not my fault.
    The agent did not want to accept my cheque.
    I could have bought it, had I persisted and gone to SLA.

It is true.
    When it comes to property, most of the time, at least for myself,woman say one thing, you do another.

This time, I am glad I listened to my hubby and my son.
    Actually my daughter also wanted the place.... so kudos to her too!
    Final decision was left to me.

wah ... why Luxus Hill so hot, Rysk kept mentioning it against Ah B?? You guys must have big family

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    I missed the boat in 2009- Luxus Hills.
    Actually it was not my fault.
    The agent did not want to accept my cheque.
    I could have bought it, had I persisted and gone to SLA.

It is true.
    When it comes to property, most of the time, at least for myself,woman say one thing, you do another.

This time, I am glad I listened to my hubby and my son.
    Actually my daughter also wanted the place.... so kudos to her too!
    Final decision was left to me.
    Had I brought my wife with me to view resale properties, I would be homeless today. See one hairline crack on the wall, don't want to buy!

Had I brought my wife with me to view resale properties, I would be homeless today. See one hairline crack on the wall, don't want to buy!
    this must be the most important factor why showflat sales always win

Brother, I am not alone!! Thank you....

I have learnt (the hard way) how to turn my wife's view from a liability to an asset. Just do the opposite of what she says esp when it's most strong emotional. So her "good-bye" is 'good buy' and her 'must buy' is 'should sell'.

I should never have listened to a woman when it comes to property. They always look for bargains.

recent memory....2009...

the bayshore 2bedder--$610k....4bedder--$920k

Kew 3 story terrace...$880k

Opera Estate...2000sqft terrace original cond..$1.2m

Cry until NO MORE TEARS liao...

What to do life goes on...

all because i listen to people from "THEY SAY" agency....BECAUSE THEY SAY...next year 2010 market will drop further...hai ya...THOSE IDIOTS from "THEY SAY" agency....
    Last edited by radha08; 24-08-12 at 16:16.

June 2006 paid 20% of 535000 DPS.

Need only to paid 5 %, missed 3 BANK, 3 million.

2010 try to cash out to buy WaterBANK, Bank say must wait till CSC. miss another BANK.

Total missed 4 BANK.

Eat 2 Cheery and paid 100k for 2 PC, rental return 100k, yrs later equal 2 PC 20% and 40% free.

Last edited by Arcachon; 24-08-12 at 16:57.

If you have missed several boats, it means the boat will return. Just wait for the next one but you better buy the ticket and board the boat when it comes back!

Just that the cabins on the boats gets smaller and smaller and the price of the tickets gets higher and higher.

opportunities are plenty, they only problem is whether you have the money to buy when you see something nice.

boat might capsize if too crowded and too expensive
    some may die because dun know how to swim

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    boat might capsize if too crowded and too expensive
    some may die because dun know how to swim
    Your Boat may capsize due to bad weather.
    Dont forget,In a perfect storm, there are Always Winners & losers

waw, just realised that Tampines 3rm HDB latest transaction, are...

269 Tampines St 21, 70sqm, $422,000.
    267 Tampines St 21, 81sqm, $416,000.

these are 1983/84 build flats, did they anyone miss the property boat earlier, or these buyers are those earn enough and downgrade?

hahahaha!

Singapore currently has a population of 300,000 (352k in 2011) Singaporeans aged over 65 (>9% of Singaporean population); by 2030 this figure is estimated to be three times more (900,000).

The increase in the number of elderly citizens does not necessarily mean that there will be an aging population. If Singapore wants keep the same 2011 elderly ratio, though, the population would have to increase three-fold by 2030—an increase of 6.5 million citizens in the next nineteen years or an average of roughly 340,000 new citizens a year.

According to the Department of Statistics’ Population Trends 2011 for Singapore, citizens (including immigrant citizens) grew by 0.8% or by 26,500 people in 2011. Foreigners increased by 59,100. While large for Singapore’s size, it’s nowhere near the 340,000 citizens needed per year to avoid an aging population (assuming ratio to be kept at 9%). Thus, immigration as a tool to offset aging can merely only delay and not avoid an aging population. Due to rising political costs of public backlash and the sheer size of the country, even its ability as a tool to delay is limited and diminishes with time. Its benefits also in no way outweigh other countries that can deal with aging populations more appropriately (i.e. they are larger, can accommodate greater immigrants, and have domestic populations that are rapidly growing).

=> Watch out, the boat might capsize after 2020

=> Watch out, the boat might capsize after 2020
    I think if capsized also nevermind cos at that time technology will be so advanced that the people may not drown so easily.
    Even if capsize, unlikely to sink right to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    recent memory....2009...

the bayshore 2bedder--$610k....4bedder--$920k

Kew 3 story terrace...$880k

Opera Estate...2000sqft terrace original cond..$1.2m

Cry until NO MORE TEARS liao...

What to do life goes on...

all because i listen to people from "THEY SAY" agency....BECAUSE THEY SAY...next year 2010 market will drop further...hai ya...THOSE IDIOTS from "THEY SAY" agency....
    Actually , it can go terribly wrong

http://smartpropertybuyer.blogspot.s...inflation.html

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    waw, just realised that Tampines 3rm HDB latest transaction, are...

269 Tampines St 21, 70sqm, $422,000.
    267 Tampines St 21, 81sqm, $416,000.

these are 1983/84 build flats, did they anyone miss the property boat earlier, or these buyers are those earn enough and downgrade?
    so what is the strategy to take.?

Buy and own and buy another used one and contra?

During my time when i was selling, keep hearing fairy tales from quotes such as

- interested in yr place provided I sell my HDB, then I got money to buy

Should someone over levarge to buy a private ?

Agent mms me the chart, one dusun almost fully sold, like that how to have price correction?

My 1st ppty that I was eyeing was in Tanglin, then the Kentish Court, followed by Bukit Timah area and lastly I think the ppty name is Riverview (near People's Park), all in Yr 199x. In the end, all also never buy, because my husband is a conservative type of people, don't dare to take much risk in ppty, instead we bought EC in OCR area (that was I insisted on it, if not, also didn't have).... and the most regret move was we sold away our 5 room Bishan flat for only $400K about >10 yrs ago and still need to pay govt 25% levy (which was about $100k), sign........

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    so what is the strategy to take.?

Buy and own and buy another used one and contra?

During my time when i was selling, keep hearing fairy tales from quotes such as

- interested in yr place provided I sell my HDB, then I got money to buy

Should someone over levarge to buy a private ?
    Buy within your means.

e.g.

In 2006 I have 100k cash and my 5 room have an outstanding loan of 100k.

I brought a 2 Bedroom with the 100k under DPS instead of paying down the loan and intend to sell my 5 room upon TOP.

Thanks to Ben, QE1, QE2, Operation Twister and now QE3 on the way I don't have to sell my 5 room and get to buy another one.

Over leverage depend on a lot of factors and depend on individual.

wah ... why Luxus Hill so hot, Rysk kept mentioning it against Ah B?? You guys must have big family
    Luxus Hills was a "landed" boat which I had missed.. so I Sibeh tulan liao!!

Moreover while seeing the price keep going UP UP UP since 2009.. came a MISSED THE BOAT EXPERT cum YOUNG KOK cum INEXPERIENCE MR SMARIAN & DAVID LIM (aka MR B) keep saying is down down down.. down from 2008 1.6-mil down till end last year 2.4-mil.. still saying down down down.. makes me even more tulan!!

http://www.sg-house.com/classifieds/...-property.html

When KING OF ALL FAILURE DAVID LIM act blur change nick to MR B & started his own USELESS thread ".. price is coming down fast" last Oct... I continue to hamtam him... hamtam from Luxus Hills 2.4-mil... hamtam till now 2.9-mil lor ..

What to do.. I very boring mah!!

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=12285

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Buy within your means.

e.g.

In 2006 I have 100k cash and my 5 room have an outstanding loan of 100k.

I brought a 2 Bedroom with the 100k under DPS instead of paying down the loan and intend to sell my 5 room upon TOP.

Thanks to Ben, QE1, QE2, Operation Twister and now QE3 on the way I don't have to sell my 5 room and get to buy another one.

Over leverage depend on a lot of factors and depend on individual.
    thanks. I have small risk appertite.