Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: D15- The next Super Prime

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut View Post
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Land+U...next+17+years/

Believe this is what Ringo is referring to?
    This is correct and I dont see why anyone should gamble on something that you are most likely to lose because our government is clearly on an overdrive mode to expand our land area to cater for big population (something which we need to support growth)

It may take 15 to 20 years to complete the reclamation along East Coast but once reclamation work start, news spread, demand for affect area, which is the prime FH sections, demand and price will plunge.

As you can see from this map, our government really know how to go about with their business.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    This is correct and I dont see why anyone should gamble on something that you are most likely to lose because our government is clearly on an overdrive mode to expand our land area to cater for big population (something which we need to support growth)

It may take 15 to 20 years to complete the reclamation along East Coast but once reclamation work start, news spread, demand for affect area, which is the prime FH sections, demand and price will plunge.

As you can see from this map, our government really know how to go about with their business.

Bro, I will be very honest here and no offence hor.....

you are very direct and not many people are comfortable with it...

but what I like about you is

1. You substantiate with backing
    2. You really did a lot of HOMEWORK - and for that, I am deadly impressed
    3. You analyse based on the work collected....

Not many will agree with you but so far, I have also done my share of homework and your story is credible.... I have sold my Botannia and even though I sold it away and am not vested in Jurong or near by, i still buy the story....

Cheers bro...

your logic is bordering that of nonsense. EVEN if we ASSUME that there is reclamation,

1. how does reclamation work affect the demand of property? reclamation is occuring beneath the landed properties?? reclamation around marina didn't even make a dent on prices in shenton way

2. if there is reclamation, won't the government have grandiose plans for the reclaimed area?? you mean to say that our government is going to spend hundreds of billions of dollars without first having a plan to justify the investment??

3. if there is a grandiose plan, wouldn't that bring about demand for land in & around east coast?

4. please lah, ERL not even built and you're spouting all this feathery, unproven stuff about land reclamation. Hello, PLAN means PLAN. when ERL is built, then come back and talk about possible land reclamation.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post
    your logic is bordering that of nonsense. EVEN if we ASSUME that there is reclamation,

1. how does reclamation work affect the demand of property? reclamation is occuring beneath the landed properties?? reclamation around marina didn't even make a dent on prices in shenton way

2. if there is reclamation, won't the government have grandiose plans for the reclaimed area?? you mean to say that our government is going to spend hundreds of billions of dollars without first having a plan to justify the investment??

3. if there is a grandiose plan, wouldn't that bring about demand for land in & around east coast?

4. please lah, ERL not even built and you're spouting all this feathery, unproven stuff about land reclamation. Hello, PLAN means PLAN. when ERL is built, then come back and talk about possible land reclamation.
    These questions are too elementary for me. I should avoid wasting any time comment on them. However I do believe you are going to start thinking that you are so smart that you could ask questions which Ringo cant answer.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Agree with the below.

If what you say is true that the gahmen can make alot of money selling reclaimed land, this is if the land is sold to private developers, not to build HDB.

And yes for the area that surrounds a reclaimed and developed land, there may even be a catalyst for price appreciation due to increased attention and marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post

These questions are too elementary for me. I should avoid wasting any time comment on them. However I do believe you are going to start thinking that you are so smart that you could ask questions which Ringo cant answer.
    elementary? rofl... dumbfounded just admit... you just elevated yourself to public enemy no. 1

keyword : elementary.... on the same wavelength as your "conservatively"

you are one depressing, mournful, narcissistic "sore-thumb"/"rodent"... hahaha

whatever doesn't rock your boat, move on.... stop being a critique in the tiniest unimaginable way possible...

make new friends, get a life...

Shows that your stupidity has come to play, avoiding questions you cant even answer.

There is nothing to be upset by what you read here. If you can't change the government then you jolly well learn to respect their plan and move along. There is no need to let your emotions misguided you into believing thing will not happen.

Having said that we shouldnt expect everyoney is born with good foresight. Some are just born to go with the flow like sheep following the sherperd always biting the tail end of growth

To think that I was once the neighbor of a siaolang in Botannia. Now I shall go back and check the MCST scroll to zoom in on this siaolang.

Hahaha indirectly what u are trying to say is someone should gamble on Jurong then and see their ceiling collapse while enjoying the polluted air around it ! Jurong only has the dead artificial lake to thank about. Nothing more. Your mrt has been there for ages and that has never been a catalyst for the price escalation. Trust too much in the developer end up u paying a premium for your unit. Try selling your condo in 5 years see if u can breakeven dont talk about profit...

East Coast with or without reclamation still commands a seaview, near or far view, its still a seaview. So even if reclamation does happen, do u think price will crash. Very unlikely cause these are freehold properties and near to town and city and airport. Seaview is an asset but its not everything.

Reclamation wont happen la in the next 20 years. We still have lots of land - Bidadari, Tanjong Pagar land, Bukit Timah, Yishun, Punggol, Seletar, Tampines, Pasir Ris etc are all not fully explored yet. And as I said, Marina East and Marina South are still not fully utilised yet after 30 years of reclamation. So if your IQ is at least average, you will understand and stop posting rubbish here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Hahaha indirectly what u are trying to say is someone should gamble on Jurong then and see their ceiling collapse while enjoying the polluted air around it ! Jurong only has the dead artificial lake to thank about. Nothing more. Your mrt has been there for ages and that has never been a catalyst for the price escalation. Trust too much in the developer end up u paying a premium for your unit. Try selling your condo in 5 years see if u can breakeven dont talk about profit...

East Coast with or without reclamation still commands a seaview, near or far view, its still a seaview. So even if reclamation does happen, do u think price will crash. Very unlikely cause these are freehold properties and near to town and city and airport. Seaview is an asset but its not everything.

Reclamation wont happen la in the next 20 years. We still have lots of land - Bidadari, Tanjong Pagar land, Bukit Timah, Yishun, Punggol, Seletar, Tampines, Pasir Ris etc are all not fully explored yet. And as I said, Marina East and Marina South are still not fully utilised yet after 30 years of reclamation. So if your IQ is at least average, you will understand and stop posting rubbish here.

I think you should give us a good reason why we should trust or listen to someone who go around using multiple forum account to praise and admire himself?

It only goes to show what desperate salesman like you are capable of.

geez, where is your integrity?

I am currently living in a freehold property in amber hence my views will be slightly biased.

Let us not think abt erl and land reclamation issues now till things are more concrete. Even though land reclamation may really take place after 2030, that is 20 years from now. By then properties around the island will have run up quite a lot in terms of value, jurong and D15 included. Personally, i dun think prices then will fall to below 2013 levels...

People dun buy amber/meyer area due to mrt proximity. Largely for its proximity to town, sea and good food. In any case, there are direct buses to town that takes ecp. Connectivity is never an issue without mrt anyway.

With its continual transformation into a regional hub, jurong property prices will continue to rise. Im sure. But personally i still prefer the southeast coZ it suits my lifestyle better.

Hope that ringo n shawn can take a chill pill....

My 1 cent view.

Quote Originally Posted by donchew76 View Post
    I am currently living in a freehold property in amber hence my views will be slightly biased.

Let us not think abt erl and land reclamation issues now till things are more concrete. Even though land reclamation may really take place after 2030, that is 20 years from now. By then properties around the island will have run up quite a lot in terms of value, jurong and D15 included. Personally, i dun think prices then will fall to below 2013 levels...

People dun buy amber/meyer area due to mrt proximity. Largely for its proximity to town, sea and good food. In any case, there are direct buses to town that takes ecp. Connectivity is never an issue without mrt anyway.

With its continual transformation into a regional hub, jurong property prices will continue to rise. Im sure. But personally i still prefer the southeast coZ it suits my lifestyle better.

Hope that ringo n shawn can take a chill pill....

My 1 cent view.
    yes and no.

Yes, ERL impact of the property along D15 is not going to be great as most people living around that area drive and many will still prefer to take bus which has direct connection to city. For those living in the landed estates they will still have to take a long walk or even bus to get to the station. The one who will benefit most are those living in the HDB estate around Marina Parade and Tanjong Rhu as the access to public transport are quite limited.

No, I think you should not under estimate the impact of proximity to the sea. At the moment the coast line is just across the ECP, in future, it will be around 2km away, which is where Eunos is at the moment. Hence those expat who wish to enjoy a sea side living will eventually consider moving east ward.

I am sure no one is the East would like this to happen, but we must always remember that not many decades ago many kampong in the east has lost their coast line as a result of land reclamation and Singapore will sure not put their future at risk (by not expanding our land area) for the sake of preserving the coast line for D15 residents

2km away from the Shore ?? Where did this idiot got that idea from? Deep sea reclamation going to cost billions of dollars and where Singapore going to get all the sand from ? Indonesia and Malaysia already ban sale of sand to Singapore.

Anyway, Singapore government has made it clear that to meet the 2030 population projection, they will rely on technology to meet demand for more houses/land by building taller buildings, space underground or by reclaiming old cemeteries, and remove golf course. See link below :

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+...31-399119.html

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+...31-399114.html

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%...-399527/2.html

Probably its more wise and economical to get the Jurong Lake and the other water reservoirs reclaimed rather than reclaiming east coast as this is already deep sea reclamation. Its not like 1960s when we reclaim shorelines which are not deep water. This time, its going to cost the government billions or possibly close to $100 billion, and its not wise move. Nobody will do that - not only will they lose votes, but they will pollute the environment, needless to say create border/sealane conflict with our neighbors Malaysia and Indonesia.

The idea that east coast going to be reclaimed is far from reality. It will never happen.

2km away from the Shore ?? Where did this idiot got that idea from? Deep sea reclamation going to cost billions of dollars and where Singapore going to get all the sand from ? Indonesia and Malaysia already ban sale of sand to Singapore.

Anyway, Singapore government has made it clear that to meet the 2030 population projection, they will rely on technology to meet demand for more houses/land by building taller buildings, space underground or by reclaiming old cemeteries, and remove golf course. See link below :

Probably its more wise and economical to get the Jurong Lake and the other water reservoirs reclaimed rather than reclaiming east coast as this is already deep sea reclamation. Its not like 1960s when we reclaim shorelines which are not deep water. This time, its going to cost the government billions or possibly close to $100 billion, and its not wise move. Nobody will do that - not only will they lose votes, but they will pollute the environment, needless to say create border/sealane conflict with our neighbors Malaysia and Indonesia.

The idea that east coast going to be reclaimed is far from reality. It will never happen.

I have said countless times before dont pluck numbers from thin air just because you want to SELL. May I know how did you come up with the number $100 billions?

From what I read, in 2008, Singapore imported 14.2m tons of sands at the cost of around $270m, an from another article I read, Singapore paid S$1.7b for contractor to reclaim 14.8km2 of land for the phase 1 Pulau Tekong and Pulau Ubin reclamation spanning 5 years.

So Mr. Snake Oil, can you explain how did you come up with the number $100,000,000,000?

As far as deep sea is concerning Tuas reclamation when completed will be around 10km out from original coast line. For east coast, we are talking about 4km max. (2km from the past, and 2km for the future)

Like I said Mr Snake Oil, when dealing with numbers , please dont pluck them from thin air. Do you own research before posting.

Hopefully this upcoming master plan is enough to shut somebody's mouth up for the next 5 years....

I am commenting on this for the sake of those reading this thread because its pointless to try to teach a blind man how to drive.

single map? The devil is in the details.

this is perhaps the most important map that you need to look at if you want to stay ahead of the curve.

2001 concept plan was release during a time when Singapore are going through major recession and urban planner was more conservative about their approach resulting under estimating our economic recovery and under allocated space we need for our sea port hence reclamation priority was diverted away from East Coast towards the enlarging Tuas and Pasir panjang.

If you look at Singapore map today, you would noticed how much Singapore has expanded since 2001, so there should be no reason for us to believe that Singapore land area will not grow at the same pace for the next 15 years.

Like I said, the devil is in the details so please dont brush is off by saying this is just a map.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmi View Post
    Hopefully this upcoming master plan is enough to shut somebody's mouth up for the next 5 years....

His mouth wont shut off la until his condo at Jurong TOP and then he realised its such a major flop. Cause he thot his condo facing that artificial Jurong lake will command Orchard Road prices.

The masterplan is short to medium term plan that is updated every 5 years and it doesnt cover land reclamation either. Plus do you know that land reclamation is not under the jurisdiction of URA either.

Hence I am not sure who should be the one to shut up.

Btw, may I know what goodies did the masterplan2013 bring to D15?

The masterplan is short to medium term plan that is updated every 5 years and it doesnt cover land reclamation either. Plus do you know that land reclamation is not under the jurisdiction of URA either.

Hence I am not sure who should be the one to shut up.

Btw, may I know what goodies did the masterplan2013 bring to D15?
    You should be the one shutting your mouth up. You have been bringing much negative energies in the forum, tainting posts after posts, threads after threads with your quarrels ... Depriving many others of having a pleasant forum to enjoy just because you love to pick up fights with almost every single soul here.

Table 1: Seafront land prices per square metre (2006)

Monaco 25,000 - 35,000
    Hong Kong 19,500 - 31,400
    Singapore 4,600 - 6,200
    Dubai 1,785 - 4,150
    Tokyo 1,250 (average)
    Rotterdam 485 - 625
    Reclaimed land < 250

http://www.iadc-dredging.com/ul/cms/...by-the-sea.pdf

You should be the one shutting your mouth up. You have been bringing much negative energies in the forum, tainting posts after posts, threads after threads with your quarrels ... Depriving many others of having a pleasant forum to enjoy just because you love to pick up fights with almost every single soul here.
    i think thats because I choose not to create fake accounts to praise myself for doing a good job.

I hope you now know that Masterplan has got nothing to do with land reclamation.

i think thats because I choose not to create fake accounts to praise myself for doing a good job.

I hope you now know that Masterplan has got nothing to do with land reclamation.
    Forummers here are all smart people and they can judge by themselves who and what to believe. Look at those threads you have started and the posts you have made on land reclamation, LoL. Seriously.

Ok I shall not reply to you anymore because I am not a quarrelsome person by character and most importantly, nobody likes to visit a forum which is filled with negative energies from all the silly quarrels and fights. Be good and bye.

Forummers here are all smart people and they can judge by themselves who and what to believe. Look at those threads you have started and the posts you have made on land reclamation, LoL. Seriously.

Ok I shall not reply to you anymore because I am not a quarrelsome person by character and most importantly, nobody likes to visit a forum which is filled with negative energies from all the silly quarrels and fights. Be good and bye.
    People are smart enough to know who is the snake oil seller in this forum.
    And I hope you are now aware that Masterplan has got nothing to do with land reclamation.

To be fair, calling D15 the next Super Prime is similar to calling JLD the next Super Prime...

When government expand CBD, it moves into new area, it never go into existing RCR... The next Super Prime is Marina South!!!

As advised by some forummers here, I made a trip down to the ura gallery. The ura guides were indeed very approachable and friendly. When asked if there will be any land reclamation at East coast, the answer is NO. The guide said URA has no plan or at least it wont happen in the next 15 years.

In fact, East coast park will be undergoing a revamp.

The next time I am in the market to invest in property, I will go look for a URA "GUIDE" for advise. Did you copy down his or her name?

Land reclamation will definitely happen in East Coast unless sand supply stop flowing. At the moment, the priority is Tekong Tuas and Jurong Island, once they are completed, all the dredging rig are going to start dumping sands along east coast, by then I hope the GUIDE is still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies View Post
    To be fair, calling D15 the next Super Prime is similar to calling JLD the next Super Prime...

When government expand CBD, it moves into new area, it never go into existing RCR... The next Super Prime is Marina South!!!

JLD will never be super prime, it will just be the largest commercial hub outside CBD offer good rental yield and decent capital appreciation over the next 5 to 10 years.

And you are right, the next super prime is in the south and it will spread to southern coast line there there will be plenty of permanent sea front land with no highway noise.

The next time I am in the market to invest in property, I will go look for a URA "GUIDE" for advise. Did you copy down his or her name?

Land reclamation will definitely happen in East Coast unless sand supply stop flowing. At the moment, the priority is Tekong Tuas and Jurong Island, once they are completed, all the dredging rig are going to start dumping sands along east coast, by then I hope the GUIDE is still around.
    I didn't copy down his name. But I was told they have removed the land reclamation plan from the older master plan because they did some studies and found it not feasible. Anyway ringo, relax. We are all here to share info and learn from one another, yah? Chill...

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro View Post
    I didn't copy down his name. But I was told they have removed the land reclamation plan from the older master plan because they did some studies and found it not feasible. Anyway ringo, relax. We are all here to share info and learn from one another, yah? Chill...
    No information is better than wrong information...and yes relax on the land reclamation, if it is stated on the land use plan, it will happen because Singapore government will not stop their pursue for new land if they can get still buy sands.

At the moment priority is at Tekong Tuas and Jurong Island, and once these sites are completed, they will move to East Coast because thats the only coast line area which they can still expand southward.