Thread: From 2014 to 2015 to 2016 to 2017, slowly and surely

Default From 2014 to 2015 to 2016 to 2017, slowly and surely

Rates May Stay Low Through 2015: Fed's Williams

A top Federal Reserve policymaker told CNBC Friday that interest rates may remain at rock-bottom levels for at least three more years and that more easing might be needed to combat high US unemployment and sluggish economic growth.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Rates May Stay Low Through 2015: Fed's Williams

A top Federal Reserve policymaker told CNBC Friday that interest rates may remain at rock-bottom levels for at least three more years and that more easing might be needed to combat high US unemployment and sluggish economic growth.
    The foreigner buyers are already returning and very good projects will be launching from Q4 2012 onward. We should be looking at a boom end of this year. Savers beware.

My analysis is that interest rates will stay low till 2018 in order for the West to get out of their mess....

More money will be pouring into property investment?

worried for those that are still waiting for correction..

Waiting is fine per se. But the lost time and potential happy condo memories can't be retrieved... ever. When eventually the waiters are forced to buy at still high prices after ten years of waiting, even living in the condo is a painful reminder of what could have been. Amen....

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Waiting is fine per se. But the lost time and potential happy condo memories can't be retrieved... ever. When eventually the waiters are forced to buy at still high prices after ten years of waiting, even living in the condo is a painful reminder of what could have been. Amen....
    yes,good timing plus guts i would say makes a happy memory.. luckily i bought mine in 2010 not considered low at that time, but value has gone up 30% since...

those with kids stand to lose further by waiting as their formative years will be long over when they finally give up and buy their condo...

those with kids stand to lose further by waiting as their formative years will be long over when they finally give up and buy their condo...
    Then might as well wait until kids group and help them buy their condos....

Bro u christian..

So what Mr B predicted 50% drop in pricing will never happen liao

I am of the Ah-Men!!! fraternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynyard
    Market will surely correct, but it would take a very serious slow down in the world economy for such significant price correction to happen. Nothing is impossible but my opinion is that the correction might not be so noticeable for the next few years if the low interest rate situation continues and we continue to enjoy high employment rate...

Quote Originally Posted by Wynyard
    It's easy to predict that market will drop. It has happened many times before. Drop by 50%, think it happened only once during Asian financial crisis.

The question is how much higher it will go before it drops? Go up by 100% before dropping 50%? Back to current price? I'm not even sure if it will be 50%. Drop 30% people already grab liow.

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    It's easy to predict that market will drop. It has happened many times before. Drop by 50%, think it happened only once during Asian financial crisis.

The question is how much higher it will go before it drops? Go up by 100% before dropping 50%? Back to current price? I'm not even sure if it will be 50%. Drop 30% people already grab liow.
    Drop 20% I will buy.

The difference between Asian financial crisis and current situation?

Asian financial crisis, 80 LTV. Price drop 20%, kanna bank sale.... Cheep cheep. That's what that brought the prices down... Quickly...

Now... 60LTV,, price need to drop 40% before bank lelong.... Ain't gonna happen so easily.... Go figure yourself... Good luck to mr b.

While US is struggling with property market, China is struggling how to stop the property bubble

这个月,中国集中了所有的税务专家在北京研究如何出台房地产税。

=> This month, China gets all tax experts into Beijing to see how to use property tax effective to control property prices

so don't expect China property prices to go up or go down, status quo is what the government wants
    Ride at your own risk !!!