Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got a BAD..Feeling..

Default I got a BAD..Feeling..

Big brother going to come in soon and WACK all those HDB owners...who own private property...and renting out their HDB......looks like people are manipulating the market...they already done this with PR...and if they NOT going to come out any more CM..i think this is one avenue they will explore...to send a CLEAR signal to the people...

Either u buy HDB or PRIVATE...no MORE half/half...

if this happens...people like me will be screwed...

how strong is ur feeling?

like tat OCR gg to cheong more!

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Big brother going to come in soon and WACK all those HDB owners...who own private property...and renting out their HDB......looks like people are manipulating the market...they already done this with PR...and if they NOT going to come out any more CM..i think this is one avenue they will explore...to send a CLEAR signal to the people...

"at this moment" you do not kena whacked mah !!??.. you where got bad feeling ??... you should be happy to see show...

Rent out rooms can. Rent out whole flat to be disallowed. Hdb not meant for investment purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    "at this moment" you do not kena whacked mah !!??.. you where got bad feeling ??... you should be happy to see show...
    at moment no kena wack but FUTURE how to huat x2( 1 x hdb 1 x private)

look like the hole is getting BIGGER...now got people pay 808k for EM...GOVT eye SURE OPEN BIG BIG..

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Rent out rooms can. Rent out whole flat to be disallowed. Hdb not meant for investment purposes.
    wah give me idea rent room to young mei mei....everyday got something to see...

HDB is a lifeline for many to upgrade. if u chop off this lifeline, these group of people will be stuck forever....

bro you staying the hdb and intend to rent out private right.... nothing wrong.

at moment no kena wack but FUTURE how to huat x2( 1 x hdb 1 x private)

look like the hole is getting BIGGER...now got people pay 808k for EM...GOVT eye SURE OPEN BIG BIG..
    go tell kenobi wan it is the property agents who push up hdb price lor... they anyhow paying ~200K cov wan... ask kenobi wan to whack those property agents and don't touch genuine hdb investors lor...

i actually agree to this all the time...

bro you staying the hdb and intend to rent out private right.... nothing wrong.
    ya probably but u know our govt one day they may just say...own hdb CANNOT own private...dunno la just thoughts...

the more i see news about HDB record price mote i worried..

the current policy is flawed and partial

good for some bad for others...

umm.... dun know... i view it as they cannot reverse/"go-stun" all the policies liow...

may be is time to do like hk side,...
    After staying for some time limit, hdb owner you go and top up some land cost,... after that your hdb is treated as "semi-privatised",... and there is no ownership restriction, mop restriction and etc when you sell it or keep it... govt then recycles your land cost $$ top up to help/subsidize next batch of hdb owners...

if cannot rent out HDB then those foreigner who come to sg to work all so rich must rent PC?? If cannot rent then they stay where??

I think CM is to kurb speculation, i think most of us have forgotten this objective. those with 1 hdb & 1 PC should be alright. investment plus helping to support more foreigners coming here to work. If not, govt got another problem, every foreigner who comes here no place to stay even worst situation as rental confirm will shoot up due to high demand and no supply...

HDB is an integral part of our property market and its prices form the floor for our entire property sector. It is also the cheapest rental alternative for any PR/foreigner to seek accomodation. What's more the greatest percentage of citizen/Pr ownership of property lies in HDB flats.

Any move that big bro makes has to be carefully calibrated as it affects the majority of SG citizens and PRs. Their response so far to burgeoning demand (from influx of new citizens/PRs/foreigners renting) has been to ramp up supply. Its a political landmine to mess with HDB prices so I seriously doubt there will be any significant measure. It is a BIG dilemna for them because everytime HDB prices move up, the entire sector will shift up a notch because they form the floor price. Any move that causes HDB prices to go down will majorly dent the wealth factor of the majority of SG citizen/PRs and have a ripple effect on the entire property sector, so how? Best to just churn out more flats and let mkt forces dictate.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    HDB is an integral part of our property market and its prices form the floor for our entire property sector. It is also the cheapest rental alternative for any PR/foreigner to seek accomodation. What's more the greatest percentage of citizen/Pr ownership of property lies in HDB flats.

Any move that big bro makes has to be carefully calibrated as it affects the majority of SG citizens and PRs. Their response so far to burgeoning demand (from influx of new citizens/PRs/foreigners renting) has been to ramp up supply. Its a political landmine to mess with HDB prices so I seriously doubt there will be any significant measure. It is a BIG dilemna for them because everytime HDB prices move up, the entire sector will shift up a notch because they form the floor price. Any move that causes HDB prices to go down will majorly dent the wealth factor of the majority of SG citizen/PRs and have a ripple effect on the entire property sector, so how? Best to just churn out more flats and let mkt forces dictate.
    agree but day by day slowly and surely hdb is reaching the million dollar mark...will that be a happy or sad day...as usual more will b happy and a few sad......but more importantly what will big brother do on that day...

I agree with bro radha, major supply of completed HDB for sale will not come in till probably 2017, if HDB resale price up just 8% per year, between now and 2017, it has potential to go up another 40% to breach the 1million magic mark ... that means all flats now selling at 650-700k will be close to 1m which will boost BTO prices to at least 600k even in Punggol, way beyond affordability of 1st timers

The valuation of HDB resale flat is creeping up at about 60k per year, so say starting point is 600k

2013 660k
    2014 720k
    2015 780k
    2016 840k
    2017 900k
    2018 960k

So the question is WHEN
    Ride at your own risk !!!

agree but day by day slowly and surely hdb is reaching the million dollar mark...will that be a happy or sad day...as usual more will b happy and a few sad......but more importantly what will big brother do on that day...

Come to think of it.. it is indeed crazy that a million dollars can only buy you a decent size HDB ... if that ever happens..

HK the same is it?

I think its a given that they can't please everyone. As long as majority of voting populace is happy, they will try to manage the expectations of the unhappy minority.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I agree with bro radha, major supply of completed HDB for sale will not come in till probably 2017, if HDB resale price up just 8% per year, between now and 2017, it has potential to go up another 40% to breach the 1million magic mark ... that means all flats now selling at 650-700k will be close to 1m which will boost BTO prices to at least 600k even in Punggol, way beyond affordability of 1st timers

The valuation of HDB resale flat is creeping up at about 60k per year, so say starting point is 600k

2013 660k
    2014 720k
    2015 780k
    2016 840k
    2017 900k
    2018 960k

So the question is WHEN
    BOTTOMLINE is people got NO choice if u need a ROOF over your head only choice is to PAY and PAY...renting/stay with in-laws/stay Pulau Ubin.....is all BULLSHIT...property market GOT no mercy....minimum is hdb...even few years ago u buy 3rm HDB...100k plus...lucky u get MUP/LUP..etc...today huat x 3...but few years ago you pay rental....you get a BIG ...THANK YOU...from your landlord.

But my only fear is GOING forward where are we headed...it is like walking in a Minefield...take a wrong STEP..."Kaboommmm".....GAME OVER

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Come to think of it.. it is indeed crazy that a million dollars can only buy you a decent size HDB ... if that ever happens..

HK the same is it?
    bro i also say crazy...but people paying 100k plus for COV...means valuation go up...means price go up...not today/tommorow...maybe next year ......i DUNNO but i DONT ever think u can EVER EVER EVER buy 3rm flat at 100k plus...4rm 200k plus...5rm 300k plus....more like prices start at 350k....UPWARDS

Why would that happen? It is perfectly legal to rent out the whole HDB while staying in a condo. As long as over the 5 years MOP.

It is confirmed that ICA is tightening EP renewals, min 3k now, if older 3.3k also cannot

End up we could see a major wage inflation for EP holders by companies due to fear of failed renewals for existing employees

This will further push up 3r HDB resale / rental prices

Now teachers also get 8% increment, salary ranges from 2.8-6.9k

I agree also. Government need to draw a firm line. Investment or own stay. If not, the line is blurred and lead to dispute and disgruntled citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Why would that happen? It is perfectly legal to rent out the whole HDB while staying in a condo. As long as over the 5 years MOP.
    after more than 40 years staying in this country one thing i have learnt...expect the UNEXPECTED...

for this case...well GOVT has all the data and they may feel thta time has COME...

To CUT away the link between HDB/PRIVATE...i.e if you can afford private dont touch HDB..others need it more...i dont know just thoughts as usual...such is the human mind it KEEPS thinking...i know mine does...

if whole flat sublet of HDB is not allowed, then new immigrants stay where? rental of 1/1+S/2br mass market condo could go up 30% overnight

It is confirmed that ICA is tightening EP renewals, min 3k now, if older 3.3k also cannot

End up we could see a major wage inflation for EP holders by companies due to fear of failed renewals for existing employees

This will further push up 3r HDB resale / rental prices

Now teachers also get 8% increment, salary ranges from 2.8-6.9k
    ]

YUMMY if my kids cannot become lawyers/doctors...just TEACH la...

bto in super ulu lim chu kang maybe 100k plus for 3rm...

if whole flat sublet of HDB is not allowed, then new immigrants stay where? rental of 1/1+S/2br mass market condo could go up 30% overnight
    this what happened in bedok....south...a few blocks enbloc by hdb then instead of tearing down they rent out...smart buggers...

http://www.olx.com.sg/block-46-47-48...u-iid-77324936