Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can tell me why most of feo's projects are so hot ??...

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Default can tell me why most of feo's projects are so hot ??...

can tell me why most of feo's projects are so hot ??... all like priced on high side...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    can tell me why most of feo's projects are so hot ??... all like priced on high side...

Not sure if you noticed FEO always like to equip their condo with very highend appliances and fittings, even for mass market condo.

I think singaporeans do have weakness for branded stuffs.

Impressive showflats?

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Impressive showflats?
    not just showflat deco, the standard fittings and appliances that come with their units are all very impressive as compared to other developers.

One word. Marketing.

Too bad they are not listed co. Else we might be surprised by the amount they may have spent on marketing, from reading the annual report....

First class showflat, First class branding, First class marketing
    And most important of all,
    First class holding power

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Very good answer. Your score is A* especially on the last point

They also give referral discount so after u buy, you become an agent
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    in terms of showflat and marketing, I think capitaland do spend more on that as compared to FEO. Take Seahill for example, they are selling some of their units close to 1800psf, and they didnt even make a single TV commercial.

Personally i think the key success factor for FEO is their ability to package their products instead of wasting too much money on non essential stuffs like having a celebrity architect or massive showflat like sky habitat.

(1) first class pricing, they never ever officially cut their selling price.
    (2) location, they usually bid for good plots.
    (3) landscapping, excellent landscapping + facilities

But the quality of the end product is always a bit questionable. Even look at Orchard Scotts - nice from the outside but once you get to the units or the common space (for instance, the hallways) it leaves a bad taste.

FEO usually market their singapore property to singaporeans last. They pre-release their project to their foreign office first. So kiasu SG buyers are more under pressure to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Not sure if you noticed FEO always like to equip their condo with very highend appliances and fittings, even for mass market condo.

I think singaporeans do have weakness for branded stuffs.
    Not "even for mass market condo". It's "Especially" for mass market.

Because that is how it can justify its selling price.

FEO has so many sites.. Some projects have been selling for 10 yrs.. Not all, or even most, are hot lah.

Consistently "hot" ones, I'll give it to CDL.

I observed

1. FEO is the only one serving u drink and finger foods or proper food
    2. pre-launch marketing efforts are very intense
    3. very good web presentation, in chatting online
    4. they give "GOOD" discount

Water town n tennery were indeed feats for feo

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I observed

1. FEO is the only one serving u drink and finger foods or proper food
    2. pre-launch marketing efforts are very intense
    3. very good web presentation, in chatting online
    4. they give "GOOD" discount
    Recently, FEO mailed me an invitation to BBQ dinner for their Florida Park marketing event last week. I did not go, but maybe I should have to experience firsthand how they market their properties.

Quote Originally Posted by seletar
    Recently, FEO mailed me an invitation to BBQ dinner for their Florida Park marketing event last week. I did not go, but maybe I should have to experience firsthand how they market their properties.
    Ya, so many invitation from them.
    All these are very small monies spent to fish for bigger monies

Feo used to provide lousy workmanship for their older condos, over the past few years the feo brand seems to be synonymous with quality. I think part of the reason why their projects sell so well is their unit layout is more superior than many of their competitors, they always sell based on high ceiling and no wasted space like bay windows etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Feo used to provide lousy workmanship for their older condos, over the past few years the feo brand seems to be synonymous with quality. I think part of the reason why their projects sell so well is their unit layout is more superior than many of their competitors, they always sell based on high ceiling and no wasted space like bay windows etc.
    I always wonder why any developer will want to build bay window. Its wasted space that uses extra materials and concrete. Why the heck would anyone build (or buy) it? Why not give the space to the buyer, especially if he has paid for it?

Structural purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    I always wonder why any developer will want to build bay window. Its wasted space that uses extra materials and concrete. Why the heck would anyone build (or buy) it? Why not give the space to the buyer, especially if he has paid for it?

Structural purposes?

Think a lot of buyers still like bay windows, just like a number of people like balconies, esp if they are appropriate to the size of the unit and has a nice view. Plantars may be the least popular among the 3.

The main problem is the shrinking size of the units. As such these kind of luxuries can be done without as they compromise living space. Imagine a MM with plantars, bay windows and a balcony.

For bedroom, if build bay window can save on the timber strips which are the most expensive part.

similarly, for living area, build bay windows can save on the amount of marble or expensive tile flooring.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    One word. Marketing.
    Mr. Lee's word, "perception".

Default Answers to bay window

CHANGES TO GROSS FLOOR AREA (GFA) EXEMPTION GUIDELINES – GFA TO INCLUDE (1) ALL BAY WINDOWS AND (2) PLANTER BOXES WITHIN A RESIDENTIAL UNIT

Objective

This circular explains the changes to the GFA exemption with regard to bay windows and planter boxes for residential developments

Effective Date

With effect from 07 Oct 2008

Who should know

Qualified Persons (QPs), Developers, Home Buyers, Property Consultants

Background

Currently, bay windows and planter boxes are exempted from GFA and sold as internal spaces of a residential unit. There is a need to review the GFA exemption for bay windows as they have been found to have contributed significantly to the building bulk, affect the design of buildings and generally do not encourage energy efficiency.

Bay windows

Bay windows were originally exempted from GFA because these were viewed as raised window ledges and not part of the floor slab. Over the years, the height of the bay window ledge was relaxed and allowed to be lowered to 0.5m from the floor slab. This has effectively made the bay window a usable internal space, no different from the rest of the floor space of the unit.

Increasingly, we are seeing a proliferation of bay windows among the newer residential developments with the buildings virtually wrapped around by bay windows. Often the provision of bay windows is intended mainly to increase the saleable strata space. In order to overcome the standard bay window façade appearance, some architects have resorted to provide cladding to hide the bay windows. The result is that this feature adds immense ‘bulk’ to a building and influences the design outcome of developments.

In addition, the extensive use of bay windows will lead to higher heat transfer into buildings and increase the need for air-conditioning to cool the building. BCA has advised that many existing residential buildings with extensive bay windows are found to exceed the prescribed Residential Envelope Transmittance Value (RETV) of 25W/m2. The extensive provision of bay windows therefore runs counter to the objective of encouraging energy efficient building design and sustainability.

Planter Boxes

The objective of planter boxes is to encourage residents living in flats and condominiums to provide some vertical greenery to help create visual relief to our high-density living environment. However, feedback and our investigations have revealed extensive unauthorised conversions of planter boxes within residential units for use as a balcony space or an extension of the living room instead. This defeats the purpose of giving GFA exemptions for the planter boxes to encourage vertical greenery in the first place.

URA has also received feedback that flat owners (i.e. the end users) are unhappy that they are not allowed to convert the planter boxes, which are part of their strata space, to other uses since they have paid for the space when they bought the unit. Others are not interested in planting, while some found the planter boxes restrictive and impractical to maintain the plants. As planter boxes are exempted from GFA, any conversion to other uses will involve additional GFA and payment of development charge for which the owner may not be prepared to pay.
    Changes

It is apparent that exempting bay windows and planter boxes from GFA has led to the unintended and undesirable consequences mentioned above. It has unwittingly shifted market behaviours and negated the objective of the GFA exemptions for these building features. As such, our review has concluded that bay windows and planter boxes should no longer be exempted from GFA.

URA will leave it to the developers and building owners to decide if they wish to continue to provide bay windows and planter boxes for their residential developments so long as these building features are counted as GFA1. The industry will have a free hand to design and provide these building features based on their commercial considerations as there will no longer be restrictions on the size of bay windows and planter boxes. Planter boxes that are provided within the balcony can be treated as part of the 10% bonus balcony GFA. This revision will allow architects and developers to have more flexibility in the design of their buildings and internal spaces.
    Exceptions

Planter Boxes within communal areas & non-residential developments

Planter boxes provided within non-residential developments (eg. commercial, hotel, business parks, etc), as well as those located within the communal areas of residential developments (e.g. as part of sky terraces, or along common corridors), will however continue to be GFA exempted. Our review has shown that these areas are typically well-planted and maintained by the MCST for the benefit of all occupants of the development. Communal skyrise greenery in particular has been shown to be more effective in achieving greenery for the city.
    Implementation

The revised guidelines on bay windows and planter boxes will take effect 3 months from the date of release of this circular (ie, 07 Oct 08) and will apply to all new development applications for new erection, amendment and A&A received on or after the effective date. Only formal development applications (which do not include Outline Applications) with a valid PP issued prior to the effective date will continue to be evaluated under the old GFA guidelines.

For approved developments with approved bay windows and planters exempted from GFA, these approved spaces will remain as GFA exempted until the buildings are redeveloped.

I would appreciate it if you could convey the contents of this circular to the relevant members of your organisation. If you or your members have any queries concerning this circular, please do not hesitate to call our DCD Enquiry Line at Tel: 6223 4811 or e-mail us at [email protected]. We would be pleased to answer queries on this, and any other development control matter. For your information, the past circulars to the professional institutes are available from our website http://www.ura.gov.sg.

Feo knows where to find stupid people?

or you can say stupid people are drawn to feo

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj

another factor that is often overlooked is founder has responsible children. company is family owned. 100% of wealth generated by FEO adds to 100% of family wealth.

who you think care more about success of their companies?
    the Ng family or the managers of public listed companies?

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis

coz many chai tao mah..... buy into the marketing n kana chop chop

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    another factor that is often overlooked is founder has responsible children. company is family owned. 100% of wealth generated by FEO adds to 100% of family wealth.

who you think care more about success of their companies?
    the Ng family or the managers of public listed companies?
    most developers, even the listed one are run by the owners and family members as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj
    flaws spotted on recent FEO projects:

Multi storey carpark , HDB concept - lakeshore
    void deck parking and weird color bay windows - micasa
    shopping too small after minus off the parking - tennery
    bad location situated next to a gigantic powerstation - hill vista

these are the feedback gathers.
    Last edited by sunrise; 04-09-12 at 13:30.